PDA

View Full Version : fun event horizon...

daughterolilith
09-10-07, 14:31
i have been playing this game for about a month now

i have a tank and a researcher and I just cant find fun stuff to do anymore, regants gets repetitive (once you can kill like 100 plus a huge boss on your own its not so interesting) and ceres is a joke, impossible for anyone but exploiting droners - people never team so can forget that

now the problem is i really like neocron and have been playing it a lot but i just seem to have done everything there is to do already

I tried PVP I'm not sure i really like it, i have played other FPS so maybe i'm spoilt but it seems its just who can run around the fastest and its hard to actually hit someone unless you can keep your mouse directly on them for like 3 seconds before shooting --- it seems its like they tried to have it all when they made it, want faster than quake 3 type running around but with "realistic" aiming too --- but the thing is theres never any real pitched gun battles or anything like that its just run around in circles like a looney :/

i got bought a 6 month subscription or whatever (the longest one anyhow) so i dont wanna waste it, and i have had a good time so far, its just now i cant seem to find anything fun to do, any advice would be nice :S

StevenJ
09-10-07, 14:45
When I decided it was time to get good at PvP (failed) I spent a lot of time in NF with people who were always kicking my arse. They still do, I just don't feel as bad about it now. Have you made a setup for your character? A good setup and being very close to cap is absolutely essential for NC's PvP.

How about the epics, and other missions (NCPD, WoC weps, etc)? Hop around a few factions to see what you can get, raise some cash. I guess by leveling a lot in Regants and owning a researcher you've got a tonne of tech parts ressed. Maybe it's time to build a fortune dealing in rare weapons and parts?

Regants does seem to be the favourite leveling spot, but you may be doing yourself a dis-service by sticking around in there. Try out the other places.. you may not be able to get a team going, but any change is good.

daughterolilith
09-10-07, 14:53
I have levelled to the maximum, i have all the rare implants weapons etc i need - no need for a "fortune" with nothing more to spend it on really - i have 2 fully done apartments too - and i got a friend to help me LOM for pvp before i tried it

done 2 epics didn't really find them anything special they reminded me of the Mr Jones ones

ancient
09-10-07, 14:53
i must say i had the same problem for about 3 years lol ... alltho i like pvp more than you it seems ;P
only thing i find fun in this game is pvp now days ... and even that gets boring with all the bitching sometimes ... but still best game i ever played ...

William Antrim
09-10-07, 15:00
Neocron is not a solo game. Its a team game. You will never die alone.

End of cliche.

You should try to make friends with more people and get involved with a clan or something. Remove your le and experience the reality of the game rather than the soft cushyness of the le'd generation. Live by your actions (and die by them too).

I have been playing about a month now too and I have seen you around (and heard your comments in game and out) and I think that this is what youre missing. Its a lonely world with an le in as people think of you as leper generally, if you want to play nc for the levelling then you will come up short in a couple of months as with the "improvements" to pve it is very much a case of banging your head against the wall to level solo.

The real fun in pve comes in cave teams and explorations in the less used areas like the worm tunnels and various dungeons etc. After that youve got the pvp side of things to contend with, opfighting, clan wars, smack talk, ooc arguments, botting accusations and replacing that item that you spent hours making just because some fucktard gr camped you.

all in all neocron is what you make of it. It is what it is. Some people love it, some hate it but you only get out what you put in.

daughterolilith
09-10-07, 15:06
wow you obviously barely read what I said at all regarding pvp... you can't pvp with an LE...

ancient
09-10-07, 15:11
wow you obviously barely read what I said at all regarding pvp... you can't pvp with an LE...

roflmao

William Antrim
09-10-07, 15:14
Wow youre obviously a tool out of game as well as in game. I said remove your le if youre bored of life with it in. It makes everything a whole lot more fun.

www.specsavers.com has all the information you need.

ancient
09-10-07, 15:18
i think she is trying to say that she doesn't have an le in lol @ the link

daughterolilith
09-10-07, 15:20
Wow youre obviously a tool out of game as well as in game. I said remove your le if youre bored of life with it in. It makes everything a whole lot more fun.

www.specsavers.com has all the information you need.he misses the point yet again, god what a moron -- again get some glasses, spotty, and READ what i said
I tried PVP
and i got a friend to help me LOM for pvp before i tried it

William Antrim
09-10-07, 15:22
i think she is trying to say that she doesn't have an le in lol @ the link

Nah she has an le in, the problem is she suffers from a massive case of penis envy and attention whoring.

I gave her some advice and with her narrow-mindedness decided it would be a good time to have a pop at someone who is trying to help. Its not the first time she has done it and I doubt it will be the last. What she fails to realise is with this attitude its no real wonder that she is bored with the game as people cant stick it for more than a few minutes.

I wrote my suggestions in the original post with a view to inviting her along to some of the mischeif we get up to in game. I at least would have let the "issues" in game stay there and not be brought to the forum but I guess that just was not possible.

Have fun selina it was nice to ignore you.

ancient
09-10-07, 15:23
no she doesn't have an le ..... im the friend that help her make a pvp set up so i should know if you read her first post she sais she has tryed pvp

I tried PVP .... heres all the info you need www.specsavers.com (http://www.specsavers.com)

William Antrim
09-10-07, 15:26
If you tried pvp and didnt like it theres only one thing that can save you.

www.worldofwarcraft.com

The nerds over there ought to be able to satisfy your needs.

If not, take a deep breath and think about leaving out the pathetic insults before you ask for help.

"It is better to say nothing and let the world think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Ancient: every time I saw her she had an le in. If she hadnt I'd have ganked her for being a lairy bitch.

Pardon me if my eyes cant tell the difference between blue and yellow.

But anyway, this thread is going way off topic.

Bottom line if you dont like PVP then there is very little else to sustain a long term addiction to nc, especially with that attitude.

ancient
09-10-07, 15:34
Pardon me if my eyes cant tell the difference between blue and yellow.

sry didn't know you was color blind .... http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/aboutCB.html ...that should give you all the info you need

William Antrim
09-10-07, 15:36
You're boring me now mate. Come up with something original. :)

ancient
09-10-07, 15:37
that was lawl

ancient
09-10-07, 15:38
wow we have filled up a whole pages of shit ...:D i feel like jini would be proud of meh ;)

William Antrim
09-10-07, 15:40
The warcraft community would be proud.

Nid is gonna go schitz.

nabbl
09-10-07, 15:54
u can test PvP even with a LE inside your head... neofrag 4tw!

besides that u should join a good clan and do some op fighting. thats real pvp.

silent000
09-10-07, 19:52
I must say tho Antrim....You are a bit of a penis :cool:

William Antrim
09-10-07, 20:00
I must say tho Antrim....You are a bit of a penis :cool:

It takes one to know one.

Id rather be a penis than deluded.

silent000
09-10-07, 20:29
It takes one to know one.

Id rather be a penis than deluded.

Wow, immature answer :p I know you are i said you are, but what am I? anyway by replying i make myself as silly as you :D

SnowCrash
09-10-07, 20:43
What do think about to continue your controversy in the game? For example in Pepper Park? ;)

gamefreak
09-10-07, 20:53
I m immediately loggin in and going to PP if you show up,too Snow.

CHA0S
09-10-07, 20:55
god mode ftw

William Antrim
09-10-07, 21:52
Silent youre deluded if you think I even remotely give a toss what you think. The fact that you have to come into a thread that has nothing to do with you tells me how much I STILL wind you up and I think that that is hilarious. Six months has passed since i told you we didnt want you in our clan and youre still having a pink fit about it. Awesome. :lol:

As for the thread starter - I offered some advice, unlike some here I can separate game from RL and don't feel the need to be a forum gangster and give people internet beatdowns to get my kicks.

Get a grip on life son, theres a whole world out there. I think I am gonna have to stick you back on my ignore list as you were much more fun to not listen to there.

bless you child.

:)

SnowCrash
09-10-07, 22:05
I m immediately loggin in and going to PP if you show up,too Snow.

I was there on Terra yesterday giving the peeps the opportunity to hunt me down. I took off my godmode and they were chasing me criss-cross through Pepper Park. So someone is now the proud owner of the "Dogtag of KK_Snowcrash". :eek: :D

And what William wanted to say is, that he is waiting for your in Pepper Park, Silent. So back on topic or I tell Nid about you guys being bad boys and girls!

silent000
09-10-07, 22:23
Oh he makes me giggle, but unfortuantly Mr Snow im on my break atm, but hey its antrim, i would log in and kill him anyday, same with nabbl :mad:

Doc Holliday
09-10-07, 23:22
Oh he makes me giggle, but unfortuantly Mr Snow im on my break atm, but hey its antrim, i would log in and kill him anyday, same with nabbl :mad:

lol. lol. lol. and some more lols. i could say more but i dont feel like making nid work for a living.

edit for being ON TOPIC. selina dont steal drones and then get abusive and people would team u more im sure :) seriously join a clan some where. doesnt have to be pvp orientated cause people do enjoy the social aspect of the game ie a good old chat as much as the i r ub3rl33tz0r pvpz0r (/me looks at silent000)

;)

William Antrim
09-10-07, 23:22

Oh hes too far gone now.

I would love to see things from your point of view sunshine, but I cannot get my head that far up my arse!

Thank you and good night.

Nidhogg
10-10-07, 00:17
Come on, guys, lay of the insults on the forum. Don't make me hurt you.

N

nobby
10-10-07, 00:22
I totally agree with what she says... and to be honest, if she's tried PVP and done everything else... all's fair, she's given the game a good go.

There was no need to be a twat Antrim being deluded to what she said...

If you've had enough, Try a different MMO such as World War 2 online... if you're after FPS, gameplay tbh.

silent000
10-10-07, 00:25
Awwwhe got his brother in to flame me, oh lads you got alot to learn if i take offence from people like you over the internets :D Oh and Doc, when have i ever been a UB3R L33TPVPZ0RZ? i dont even play....and when i do its to help my clan the only pvp i do is in HN lol, actually thinking about it, have i ever kiled you :wtf:

Silly little children

Kanedax
10-10-07, 01:06
tbh cracker im an UBER 1337PVPZORZ!

silent000
10-10-07, 01:45
tbh cracker im an UBER 1337PVPZORZ!

You bully me into getting my lunch monis :(

Kanedax
10-10-07, 05:30
You bully me into getting my lunch monis :(

rawr! :mad:

jini
10-10-07, 07:53
i have been playing this game for about a month now

i have a tank and a researcher and I just cant find fun stuff to do anymore, regants gets repetitive (once you can kill like 100 plus a huge boss on your own its not so interesting) and ceres is a joke, impossible for anyone but exploiting droners - people never team so can forget that

now the problem is i really like neocron and have been playing it a lot but i just seem to have done everything there is to do already

I tried PVP I'm not sure i really like it, i have played other FPS so maybe i'm spoilt but it seems its just who can run around the fastest and its hard to actually hit someone unless you can keep your mouse directly on them for like 3 seconds before shooting --- it seems its like they tried to have it all when they made it, want faster than quake 3 type running around but with "realistic" aiming too --- but the thing is theres never any real pitched gun battles or anything like that its just run around in circles like a looney :/

i got bought a 6 month subscription or whatever (the longest one anyhow) so i dont wanna waste it, and i have had a good time so far, its just now i cant seem to find anything fun to do, any advice would be nice :S
Selina I saw your post just today...
Like I have been telling you ingame, you need to pull that LE off, join a clan and OP fight. PP1 fights are exactly as you describing and actually are no fights at all nowadays. Its who can zone, clip more that wins.
Pick the char you like the most, and go for OP fighting.
When there, at first try playing a secondary role, helping others and trying to shoot at people, staying in the safety of the second line of fire, and defend

William Antrim
10-10-07, 16:31
i dont even play....

exactly. So you're just a troll basically.

Calm down dear its just a game.

:lol:

Flame Bait
10-10-07, 18:21
i cant seem to find anything fun to do, any advice would be nice :S

You should spend more time in my appy we can find plenty to do. ;)

Doc Holliday
11-10-07, 16:12
Awwwhe got his brother in to flame me, oh lads you got alot to learn if i take offence from people like you over the internets :D Oh and Doc, when have i ever been a UB3R L33TPVPZ0RZ? i dont even play....and when i do its to help my clan the only pvp i do is in HN lol, actually thinking about it, have i ever kiled you :wtf:

Silly little children

look im not in for a pissing contest. its no secret i think your an arsehole but thats my opinion (im sure you think the same of me. you wont be the first tho ;) ) however the fact remains you went out of your way for a chance to flame someone for no real reason. yes you think your gods gift you can see it in every post u write almost so naturally i make a comment about that. big deal that u dont play. ive seen u in pp (a long time ago as it may be) and you were running round on cream cracker shooting at everyone till u ran in to the club. it was a couple months ago so dont bs me. i had great pleasure in seeing 200 somethin points come off u as i hit u in the back :lol:

so drop the petty insults its not worth it. i said my peice. if i have any more to say maybe i will come to the next gathering like the one in lancashire. shame i missed it being out of the country. then i coulda really said a few things ;)

SnowCrash
11-10-07, 16:19
*Locks the troll cage and throws the key away*