PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet - The Truth!

Riddle
01-10-07, 15:02
I want it :D Please consider me a complete nib when it comes to HN ;)

What can be found? and where? TH Downloads of software need TL 100 cubes? IS this th TH bridge place?

Someone give me the lowdown on where the dam code fragments are please.....

I have heard they are in different spots.

I have seen a map for HN and had a run around .
When you login it starts from your Mainframe(Faction) and i have to run through all the NC points EVERYTIME???

And any other useful info.....

Yes i have used search and absorbed what i can but these areas are still shady...

nabbl
01-10-07, 15:14
there is a thing called: forum search... may wanna test that first? ;)

Forget My Name
01-10-07, 15:34

or you could stop being a tool, and just answer the poor man.

nabbl
01-10-07, 17:09
hm.. maybe just get things sorted by yourself?

u can search for security entrances yourself...

u can search for rare codefragments yourself... and for everything else too. but because im so fucking beautiful im gonna answer ure questions:

Get the Parts:

First u have to do that Mr Ferguson Run... (hes near the medicare in th sec2 i think)

Rare Codefragment #1: Plaza1 Medicare High Security Login
Rare Codefragment #2: Tsunami District High Security Login
Rare Codefragment #3: Plaza2 in that newspaper building...
Rare Codefragment #4: Pepper Park Sec 1
Rare Codefragment #5: not sure about that one maybe Pepper 2 as well as Crahn Sektor.

Rare Codefragment #6: Random Drop in TH Bridge (Static mobs)
Rare Codefragment #7: Random Drop in TH Bridge (Static mobs)
Rare Codefragment #8: Random Drop in TH Bridge (Static mobs)
Rare Codefragment #9: Random Drop in TH Bridge (Static mobs)

Get the BPs:

Ion Shotgun Cannon:

Rare Codefragment #3
Rare Codefragment #6
Rare Codefragment #9
PHX Drop item -> Ion Charger Cell
(Recycle Skill 100)

Ion Shotgun Rifle:

Rare Codefragment #2
Rare Codefragment #5
Rare Codefragment #8
(Recycle Skill 98)

Ion Shotgun Pistol:

Rare Codefragment #1
Rare Codefragment #4
Rare Codefragment #7
(Recycle Skill 95)

After having the BPs... const everything with enough Weapon Parts 10 and Illegal Slotenhancers.

HF and GL

Brammers
01-10-07, 17:32
I want it :D Please consider me a complete nib when it comes to HN ;)

What can be found? and where? TH Downloads of software need TL 100 cubes? IS this th TH bridge place?

http://www.techhaven.org/db/weapons/hacknet The ones listed at the bottom are the hacknet weapons you can download. The Phoenix NC database (Nothing to do with Phoenix Ltd) also have better amplifier modules BP's for fitting to hacknet weapons.

TL100 Datacubes - you can get them from your local FSM.

Also to get into the Phoenix NC database - you need a codebreaker mark 7 (http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/1266,1589.html) - the parts to make a codebreaker mark 7 are looted from mobs in the high security logins.

Mark 6 Codebreakers (http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/1266,1589.html) are looted from the Faction DNS mobs in the enermy faction DNS. Mark 6's codebreakers allow you to hack into other Faction Databases that are not your own.

Riddle
01-10-07, 18:30

POst +1??

As i said i have absorbed what i can that means / Google / Forum Search / TH guides etc.

Thanks Nab and bram :)

Forget My Name
01-10-07, 22:44
POst +1??

As i said i have absorbed what i can that means / Google / Forum Search / TH guides etc.

Thanks Nab and bram :)

Some people, actually most people online, don't bother reading what people say. They just want to open their big mouths for +1 when they can.

Riddle
01-10-07, 22:45
ok tried some of the high security logins.. is there a trick to looting them? they mostly fall down the bottom and are impossible to loot.

I have tried pulling them onto the platforms but they fall through.

So whats the deal?

Forget My Name
01-10-07, 22:49
ok tried some of the high security logins.. is there a trick to looting them? they mostly fall down the bottom and are impossible to loot.

So whats the deal?

The trick is having Hacknet properly coded and well-thought out by it's designers.

So....

Get used to your loot falling.

At best, you have to kill the monsters over the landings so you can loot them. Try not to give them the final blow until they are over a landing.

It's not hard to do. Just a bit of patience.

Riddle
01-10-07, 23:06
was coming to that conclusion, just wondered.....

thanks e clarification:)

Brammers
01-10-07, 23:09
I forgot to mention, you need to kill the static (Non moving) mobs in High security for the code breaker parts. The moving ones drop computer junk.

Faid
02-10-07, 01:33
Mark 6 Codebreakers (http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/1266,1589.html) are looted from the Faction DNS mobs in the enermy faction DNS. Mark 6's codebreakers allow you to hack into other Faction Databases that are not your own.
Are you sure about this? I spent hours inside all the enemy dns's killing everything the other week and not once did any mob drop anything, infact they were all non-lootable.

nabbl
02-10-07, 09:05

So whats the deal?

the mobs in the high security logins just drop normal codebreaker when they are static.

but i think u want to have the rare codefragments for the ionics? for that u have to loot/talk to the canisters inside the security login. there u can download the rare codefragments when u did the Mr. Fergi run. when the canister doesnt want to talk to you just relog :)

Riddle
02-10-07, 12:50
the mobs in the high security logins just drop normal codebreaker when they are static.

but i think u want to have the rare codefragments for the ionics? for that u have to loot/talk to the canisters inside the security login. there u can download the rare codefragments when u did the Mr. Fergi run. when the canister doesnt want to talk to you just relog :)

Ok collecting Spine parts from the high security login kills that i get to loot.

Then i put these together to gain access to database on the TH bridge and at the same time complete the fergi mission from kills?

Then i can download the codefragments for ionics from the blue looking swirly on the top platform in the various login points in NC?

Sorry to be a pain but i get limited time to play this game and don't want to spend the couple of hours i have running around like a headless chicken :) Plus i gotta spend some time in my shop for my customers in P2 :)

nabbl
02-10-07, 13:11
Ok collecting Spine parts from the high security login kills that i get to loot.

Then i put these together to gain access to database on the TH bridge and at the same time complete the fergi mission from kills?

NEARLY RIGHT (u need to get the code snippets out of the TH bridge sideareas for the run.. cant remember the exact name.

Then i can download the codefragments for ionics from the blue looking swirly on the top platform in the various login points in NC?

RIGHT

Sorry to be a pain but i get limited time to play this game and don't want to spend the couple of hours i have running around like a headless chicken :) Plus i gotta spend some time in my shop for my customers in P2 :)

RIGHT ;)

comments are red

Megazoid
02-10-07, 13:35
Wow Logan, after seeing your apartment, I assumed you already had everything in Neocron. :D

Good luck with your hacking... runner.

P.S. Good post btw. I gave up on Hacknet. I might give it another shot with this extra info.

Brammers
02-10-07, 14:03
I've just been searching our posts for the HN information.

Most of what Nabbl quote is right for the NC side of things, just there are a few DoY locations missing. IIRC NC was missing a High Security Login for one of the fragments.

Fragments 1-3

You need TL100 cubes, and you need to have completed the Fergie hacknet quest. Just goto the DB in the High security login, kill the mobs and work your way to the DB listed below and access it. If the DB does not respond, do a quick relog.

DoY Sector 7 - Snackattack - Rare Code Fragment #0F0C01
DoY Sector 6 - Crahn Dinner - Rare Code Fragment #0F0C02
DoY sector 2 - Archer and Weston - Rare Code Fragment #0F0C03

Fragments 4-5

You can get Fragment 4 from any Low Security logins, and Fragment 5 from any Medium security login. Just kill the mobs, and loot the container. You don't need cubes.

Fragments 6-9

As quoted correctly they drop in the TH Bridge from the static mobs.

Riddle
02-10-07, 15:02
Wow Logan, after seeing your apartment, I assumed you already had everything in Neocron. :D

Good luck with your hacking... runner.

P.S. Good post btw. I gave up on Hacknet. I might give it another shot with this extra info.

Heh heh, well sometimes i like to venture out of the shop!! and rare hunting is kinda boring after 4 years.....so i thought i'd give hacknet a whirl as i have only been in for Faction DB items.

Thanks for the info i'll give it a bash tonight;)