PDA

View Full Version : synchronizing?

Hachuurui
30-09-07, 04:40
i just started the game and after i make the char and go through tutorial it just deletes the char. so i make a new char and skip tutorial and it doesn't let me move and just says synchronizing. i can interact with npcs nearby and i can see chat but doesnt seem i can talk to anyone. any idea what is going on?

Apocalypsox
30-09-07, 04:44
Try pressing escape and login back into your character. Its a problem that is being worked on, and happens once in a while. If it does happen, just relog and it should fix it.

Glok
30-09-07, 04:54
Try pressing escape and login back into your character. Its a problem that is being worked on, and happens once in a while. If it does happen, just relog and it should fix it.Well that was diplomatic.. where's the real apoc? :lol:

I'd just like to add that the tutorial char doesn't get to enter the actual game, it's a levelled char with various skills you get to play just for the tutorial. If your created char got deleted that's probably a bug.

Forget My Name
30-09-07, 04:58
i just started the game and after i make the char and go through tutorial it just deletes the char. so i make a new char and skip tutorial and it doesn't let me move and just says synchronizing. i can interact with npcs nearby and i can see chat but doesnt seem i can talk to anyone. any idea what is going on?

Whenever ANYTHING goes wrong with the game, such as you can't sync, or you sync and stand still, always hit ESC and exit the game. Then log back in... always fixes the issue.

This is a feature of the game, so it will never change.

Apocalypsox
30-09-07, 05:12
Well that was diplomatic.. where's the real apoc? :lol:

I'd just like to add that the tutorial char doesn't get to enter the actual game, it's a levelled char with various skills you get to play just for the tutorial. If your created char got deleted that's probably a bug.

To be honest im working on a job as a forum mod since i seem to forum whore alot more than any of the officials :D

Glok
30-09-07, 06:08
I would never be a mod unless I got to keep my nick... plus it would be anarchy cause I generally don't give a shit. I would be the first mod ever banned for misconduct. :angel:

Mr Kot
30-09-07, 12:25
If you find the first char you made is gone, check you logged into the same server as before you created it.

Most english speaking ppl play on Terra, but there's a chance you may have misclicked somewhere and clicked on Mars or Mercury or something. Characters don't delete themselves; it will be somewhere. It's just a matter of finding it.

The Mysterious
30-09-07, 13:19
Synchronizing = Loading :p

Hachuurui
30-09-07, 16:31
ok well i finally got moving a little bit only to get kicked off then sent back to the start lol and synch error all over again. its like that now every time *sigh* guess i'm not ment to play this game.

Mighty Max
30-09-07, 16:49
When you are ingame, hit ALT+F and tell us what ping you are having, and if it is jumping around.

And in the case you have them running: Stop P2P clients/apps with lot connections like the mule and such. A lot of open sockets massively increase your latency. (Including the clients behind the same NAT)

Faid
30-09-07, 18:32
Try pressing escape and login back into your character. Its a problem that is being worked on, and happens once in a while. If it does happen, just relog and it should fix it.
lol I thought the bit about them working on it was funny.