PDA

View Full Version : Researching?

MacGoose
26-09-07, 17:28
Hi!

I'm trying out researching and have a few questions.

I tried researching my starter TL 3 knife. Out of it I got a blueprint of TL 30. Now does this mean that the TL 30 blueprint can produce a TL 30 knife or will it only produce a TL 3 knife? And if it can produce a higher TL than the researched item, will it be able to produce a higher TL then the blueprint or is the blueprint TL always max limit?

Also, do one need to have the same or higher skill in researching as the TL of the item or do one need half the skill as the item TL to be able to research? I think I read somewhere that you only need half the skill...

TIA!

, MacGoose

Apocalypsox
26-09-07, 18:06
the TL30 Blueprint will only produce the TL3 knife, as the Blueprint itself is Tech Level 30, not the Knife you imprinted on the blueprint.

To research an item, you need atleast an equal research skill as the TL of the item, while to get nearly every research attempt sucessful, you need about double the skill of the TL of the item (6 skill for a TL3 knife, etc.)

Also, word of warning, all items above TL25 require Research Lube to research them, so be prepared for that.

Riddle
26-09-07, 18:50
Yup... more research skill = less failure rate

I think you may have read about repair skill where your skill is in fact 2 x points allocated to REP. so 100 points in REP = 200 REP skill.
This is the only skill where this is true however.

Napalm82
27-09-07, 11:16
Also remember you need a Research Tool with equal or higher TL than the item you are trying to research.

- Napalm

The Mysterious
27-09-07, 14:08
Also, word of warning, all items above TL25 require Research Lube to research them, so be prepared for that.

Ahem, you need Research Substance , RS for short. :cool: