PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite character after 2.2?

jini
20-09-07, 07:48
After 2.2 evo, what's your favourite character you like playing?

I have tried almost all characters myself, have tried tank on test server and apu, but in the end what I like the most is Rifle spy, which lives on nanites.
And as story goes, this spy (lazy bee) was my first ever created character, with a different name (John spike) back then in uranus summer 2003 (I forget). Now, my spy has such an amazing setup (for the story, he is not even WoC) that fights in OP fights as an equal against any character. No drugs setup using nanites and fighting without ppu support (except heals of course) in OP fights.

So, who is your favourite character?

Bredahl
20-09-07, 08:14
PE or tank.. i LOVE using my noPA ion rifle PE, but using dev and killing zonewhores is very, very fun aswell :lol:

Cant stand spys and monks though.. they die too easy unless they clip like hell -> IMO.

Garfield
20-09-07, 13:01
trskiller spy :D and tank mostly

nabbl
20-09-07, 14:21
rifle spy...

cause every weapon is totally underpowered except silent hunter.

jini
20-09-07, 15:33
rifle spy...

cause every weapon is totally underpowered except silent hunter.
damn it!
I forgot to mention that already :p
Lazy bee for those who dont know him, uses HL/ion shotty. If I had a better PC I would prolly used a FL, but Im getting enough powerpoint slideshows as it is, so Im stick using those rifles

Dribble Joy
20-09-07, 15:38
Judge PE.

What? Did you seriously think I'd say anything else?

jini
20-09-07, 15:40
obviously not!
KK/Nidhogg should gift you one plastic model tbh :p

silent000
20-09-07, 15:46
Arx > You All! :cool:

But i still love my little spy :(

Apocalypsox
20-09-07, 15:50
My rifle spy, before everyone invaded my class. I remember when it was only me and spearhead you ever saw out shooting people on rifle spies :( That day is long gone though.

GET OUTTA MY CLASS!!! :mad:

Skusty
20-09-07, 17:02
Skusty has allways been my favorite. ^^ Riflespy. :D

jini
20-09-07, 17:49
wtf!!! it appears that rifle spy is the way to go lol :p
Apo, fyi my rifle spy was rifles since ever, back then in 2003. in 2004 I was using the FL at all cases. Then in evo2.2 i switched towards HL, due to higher demand in fps

danmalone
20-09-07, 19:02
my fav is my rifle spy, followed by ppu, then tank (need to get a con and armour setup b4 i can really ******** :p ) and then probably my pe

danmalone
20-09-07, 19:02
my fav is my rifle spy, followed by ppu, then tank (need to get a con and armour setup b4 i can really ******** :p ) and then probably my pe

gamefreak
20-09-07, 19:08
X-Bow PE

ashley watts
20-09-07, 19:09
Tank, only because ive played that and a spy, i bet WoC Pe's are a bit to superior though ( havnt played so dunno). :p

silent000
20-09-07, 19:31
Tank, only because ive played that and a spy, i bet WoC Pe's are a bit to superior though ( havnt played so dunno). :p

Like i said your welcome to log my PE wen u want lol

Okran
20-09-07, 20:04
My capped Rifle Spy using the Healing Light (coz its the only weapon I have that is decently constucted), plus Nanites.

Though until they get the balancing project finished I won't be playing my Spy or any other character coz my accounts expiredm and I'm damn sure I ain't paying to renew it until then.

StevenJ
20-09-07, 20:42
My rifle spy, before everyone invaded my class. I remember when it was only me and spearhead you ever saw out shooting people on rifle spies :( That day is long gone though.

GET OUTTA MY CLASS!!! :mad:Ahem? :angel:

Whilst I don't like it when people point to dates (it means nothing!), here it's in context - I've been a rifle spy since 2002 ;)

R-C spy has long been my favourite class, I'm just a bit bad at it... :P Although I do like being a spy with certain pistols, as it means I can just about scratch the enemy's armour... sometimes... if I'm lucky.

Kierz
20-09-07, 21:54
well pre 2.2 i pretty much played 24-7 (nc life, not 24-7 irl ;]) on my melee tank using pob (low tech ftw!), now seeing as they've nerfed melee's, and they pretty much removed the speed nerf from hc's (which i always said was my only reason for being melee) i'm now 24-7ing a low tech hc tank using mi laserpointer/silenced toxic ionic shotgun cannon <3
[Kraz0r - dealing piercing/poison damage since sept 2004 =]]
not really sure which i'd prefer playing, hc has it's advantages and i don't get annoyed by stealth whores anymore they're great fun to play with.. but i seem to remember the feel of mc just felt so much more fun, it was all about movement instead of aim (imo my aim sucks, mostly in quake terms tho) which im good at :p
bring back 2.1 mc tanks and i'll prolly have to delete my xbow pe :p (poor thing never gets played, xbow = noobmode <3 gwan flame me)

Eternal Pink
20-09-07, 22:01
HC Tank ( same as pre 2.2 ) for general usage though to be honest i've prolly spent more time playing on my tradeskiller than on a combat char since 2.2 came out

Zeninja
20-09-07, 23:41
My rifle spy, before everyone invaded my class. I remember when it was only me and spearhead you ever saw out shooting people on rifle spies
Aah Spearhead... any Terra regular who's never heard of him is invited to cancel his account right now.

Btw my favourite class has always been hc/mc hybrid tank, still is, and always will :)

danmalone
21-09-07, 02:54
R-C spy has long been my favourite class, I'm just a bit bad at it... :P

ur joking right? me thinks u is telling ppl u cant aim, in hopes that they will take pity and leave u to ur warbot hunting. As soon as they say bye and run off to do whateva ppl do, then POW POW, pwned by stevenJ, omg omg im a noob, stevenj pwned me :p

Apocalypsox
21-09-07, 04:34
Ahem? :angel:

Whilst I don't like it when people point to dates (it means nothing!), here it's in context - I've been a rifle spy since 2002 ;)

R-C spy has long been my favourite class, I'm just a bit bad at it... :P Although I do like being a spy with certain pistols, as it means I can just about scratch the enemy's armour... sometimes... if I'm lucky.

So? Im talking about PVP. I never or RARELY saw another rifle spy out fighting solo anywhere, once in a while i saw a SH at CRP or something but that was on a very rare occasion.

Also, if youve ever fought me or talked to anyone thats fought me, you know i suck. HARD. i dont think ive ever killed anyone with any weapon other than my SH just because i am so HORRID at making con setups/keeping my armor on

jini
21-09-07, 07:00
Actually No.
Rifle Spies are meant to fight dual style: Sniping/Ambushing for those that have the patience to do lure the enemy, and close combat dirty fighting for those that want a more involved approach. With some good use of nanites a good setup and skills, you can give fights with only a holy heal, no shields, no habs, no drugs. And if you cross one tank that has no shields he is history... My xbow PE cant do that.

Apocalypsox
21-09-07, 07:11
Actually No.
Rifle Spies are meant to fight dual style: Sniping/Ambushing for those that have the patience to do lure the enemy, and close combat dirty fighting for those that want a more involved approach. With some good use of nanites a good setup and skills, you can give fights with only a holy heal, no shields, no habs, no drugs. And if you cross one tank that has no shields he is history... My xbow PE cant do that.

I kill tanks the easiest. They are always trying to shoot you, so those heavy weapons make them nice and slow targets. an artifact Xray FL will rip them apart in no time.

Okran
21-09-07, 08:37
In the ol 2.1 days I often hiked upto CRP to snipe my enemies because it offers some of the best sniping spots on the map. I remember I saw kurai once - we were sniping at each other from different hills for ages, but neither of us actually managed to kill each other :lol:

StevenJ
21-09-07, 09:34
I never or RARELY saw another rifle spy out fighting solo anywhere, once in a while i saw a SH at CRP or something but that was on a very rare occasion.I never saw you; doesn't mean I don't believe you :p Relax!

I'm not too heavily involved in the public pvp that goes on in NC. I never took part in P2, MB, and certainly don't hang around PP1. When-ever I got time to go out looking to kill, you'd usually find me between TH and MB, trying to find people to attack in circumstances where I could use range to my advantage. I didn't really find people to attack very often either.

Up close I'm quite poor too - I'm just too lazy or disorganised to keep stocked up in everything I need, stams, meds, armour repped (and at the time, NS, Beast...) ... bleugh, too much like hard work!

jini
21-09-07, 11:02
I kill tanks the easiest. They are always trying to shoot you, so those heavy weapons make them nice and slow targets. an artifact Xray FL will rip them apart in no time.
I also kill tanks and love attacking them, as well apus. I find however crossbow PEs the toughest of all, not that I cant manage them successfully, but they are powerful. I do miss my FL, maybe one day I'll take it out of gogu, where it gathers dust :p for a reunion ... :angel:

Bredahl
21-09-07, 14:52
Hmm really? We gotta duel when i get my computer back then! :D

(on my tank ofc)

trace
21-09-07, 15:30
no-pa CS tank

Torg
21-09-07, 18:54
rifle spy. from nc 1 on. i tried different chars but they just didnt feel right.

VegaH
21-09-07, 20:29
I don't know for you guys but everyone seems to better love playing rifle spies but when you actually play in game, all you fight against are Xbow PEs and Creed tanks....few spies

For myself, what would you expect me to say other than my favorite character is still my ppu after all those years :)

Apocalypsox
22-09-07, 00:06
Hmm really? We gotta duel when i get my computer back then! :D

(on my tank ofc)

For you ill swap to Heat ammo :p

And Vegah here brings up a good point. why does everyone say their fav char is one thing, yet the only thing you ever see ingame are Tanks with Creeds/Ions, PEs with Xbows and APUs with anal plugs?

If people played chars they enjoyed instead of their easy-win chars, pvp would be lots more fun.

$ir Mafia
22-09-07, 01:20
I think i like my APU most nowadays, because its a real challenge
to take enemys down and/or survive for more than 2 minutes.

Apocalypsox, Apu with ButtPlug isnt an easy-win team ;)

Apocalypsox
22-09-07, 01:25
I call anything that doesnt die Easy win =P

Bredahl
22-09-07, 06:35
Well no matter what char im on, i still call it a easy win.. maybe everyone else is just shit? :angel:

Apocalypsox
22-09-07, 06:36
Well no matter what char im on, i still call it a easy win.. maybe everyone else is just shit? :angel:

Everyone take notice of the WoC PE in his siggy :lol:

Bredahl
22-09-07, 07:03
Everyone take notice of the WoC PE in his siggy :lol:
Shut up you whore! :angel:
I dont enjoy my xbow PE anymore lol (easy-mode = boring) :lol:

Not my fault that everyone knows me as Walker ;)

Sammy The Bull, Danish Rage, Walker -> try to beat me pls (when i get my computer back...)

jini
22-09-07, 09:18
maybe you got a big idea for your self/ego? maybe you are just another clipper sploiter like almost everyone is nowdays? maybe you are both together?

Now, back to reality, I haven't seen any real challenge from your clan, apart fighting smurf...

@Vegah: you are right indeed Vegah. Everyone is taking a ppu to help his tank fight. I have said this million times: PPUs kill this game. PPUs offset all balance efforts and in the end kill the game. The Apu of pre 2.2 is now the tank, only with balanced weapons. Defense is skyrocketing on a tank using ppu buffs, and that simply means everyone jumps in the tank bandwagon.

Bredahl
22-09-07, 09:31
maybe you got a big idea for your self/ego? maybe you are just another clipper sploiter like almost everyone is nowdays? maybe you are both together?
Yes nibby, ofc i exploid/use aimbots/whatever idiot shit u can come up with, but that dont change that i can beat ur nib ass every time does it? fucking looser lawl :lol:

(oh and no.. ofc i dont exploid/use aimbots/whatever.. PLEASE GMs check my account for it.. but, you should prob wait a week or something, since i dont use NC as anything else than i chat program atm, since my REAL computer arent working atm)

jini
22-09-07, 16:12
Yes nibby, ofc i exploid/use aimbots/whatever idiot shit u can come up with, but that dont change that i can beat ur nib ass every time does it? fucking looser lawl :lol:
and then, you wake up and realize that all that was just a dream right? right. Now get back to sleep asshole

Bredahl
22-09-07, 17:22
and then, you wake up and realize that all that was just a dream right? right. Now get back to sleep asshole
lololololol

Zeninja
22-09-07, 17:47
when i get my computer back...

back to reality

get back to sleep asshole
Now what about "back to the topic" guys ? :rolleyes:

Eternal Pink
22-09-07, 20:55
I don't know for you guys but everyone seems to better love playing rifle spies but when you actually play in game, all you fight against are Xbow PEs and Creed tanks....few spies

For myself, what would you expect me to say other than my favorite character is still my ppu after all those years :)

Two reasons really, 1 the peeps that run with xbow clones don't come to the forums so they prolly not here to post that they love there xbow clone and reason two, those that do come to the forum and run xbow clones aren't gonna admit it since they'll get mocked.

Really did prefer NC 2.2 when it first come out and everybody was like "shit how do i set a character up" so we actually got variety, now its xbow clones and creed/dev tanks ( Don't see the problem with Ion tanks since they are piss easy to kill just by ranging them, amount of ion tanks i've taken down with a tt epic cannon on my tank is unreal just by ranging the poor bastards )

onero S
23-09-07, 03:30
lol so the only person who likes their apu likes it because of the challange to "kill enimies and stay alive more than 2 minutes"....wonderful, Its good nc is balanced now.

Dribble Joy
23-09-07, 03:48
I don't find ion tanks that bad... though maybe being a PE kinda help against all that piercing.

Either way, I'd much rather a tank pulled one out than a creed or dev.
At least I'd be able to fight them rather than 'ah crap a cree.. *ZAP ZAP ZAP* ....ooh this dirt tastes yummeh...'.

Apocalypsox
23-09-07, 03:50
Ive never had a problem with Creeds/Devs O.o Teh devs i can outrun and dont do shit with my fire/poison resists, and the creed tanks always run first when i shoot them with my HL a few times

But ion cannons rip me a new arse, because in one shot ive lost nearly 200 hp

Dribble Joy
23-09-07, 04:03
An xbow or creed will kill me well before an ion cannon will. Partly due to them being horribly broken and partly due to having 73% piercing resist with a PPU shield (68% solo). Could be higher if I ditched my 'useless' force resist speccing.

$ir Mafia
23-09-07, 04:57
PPUs kill this game. PPUs offset all balance efforts and in the end kill the game. The Apu of pre 2.2 is now the tank, only with balanced weapons

I think classes which gain too much from ppu buffs are killing the game, not the PPU´s. Tanks need some kind of shit they gave the APU´s , lower the
defense value from holy shields in foreigncast and where a bit closer to "balanced". PPU buffed Spy is killable without having an own PPU,same with PE´s. So, who´s unbalancing everything here? Right, "ownage class nr1".

Pre Evo 2.2 Apus where hard/impossible to kill without noobshelter and tl3/10
Heal, now we aint got the option to noobbuff anymore--> fucked up.
"Balanced Weapons" and Tanks in one sentence is some kind of joke...

Serious_Sam
23-09-07, 05:35
Hi, my name's Sam and i'm an Xbow clone. Oh, and i love it.

jini
23-09-07, 08:34
I think classes which gain too much from ppu buffs are killing the game, not the PPU´s. Tanks need some kind of shit they gave the APU´s , lower the
defense value from holy shields in foreigncast and where a bit closer to "balanced". PPU buffed Spy is killable without having an own PPU,same with PE´s. So, who´s unbalancing everything here? Right, "ownage class nr1".

The ppu is the problem, as we had already noted, yet nobody listened us.
Individual classes are well balanced except the apu.
The reason tanks with good setups can get good resists and with ppus The best, simply mean that the ppu is the problem in the game.

As for the xbbow clones (lol, nice one Sam :p ), I am another xbow clone, but I dont like him as much as my spy. And I am using my spy in op fights more than my PE nowadays.

Kanedax
23-09-07, 13:25
I <3 my ion cannon/dev tank ofcourse. But I'm beginning to enjoy ppu as well. Also I've always liked my rifle PE tbh.

Dribble Joy
23-09-07, 14:22
Individual classes are well balanced except the apu.
I cannot believe you think this is true.

Even if the weapons were fixed, tanks have better armour, more hp and higher resists than anyone and are then still the second highest damage dealer.
The nanites and PE's self shields simply don't make up for it.

Now (as it was in the past), with PPUs, tanks and APUs gain the most (since they don't have their own self shields), shame APUs are a bit shit.

Holy Heal was the real game killer back in the day, the rest of the problems with PPUs was just down to the unequal effects they had on the other classes.
With HH nerfed we can get on with making the benefits of PPU support equal regardless of class.

solling
23-09-07, 14:35
my tank tho i hardly play no more

jini
23-09-07, 16:07
I cannot believe you think this is true.

Even if the weapons were fixed, tanks have better armour, more hp and higher resists than anyone and are then still the second highest damage dealer.
The nanites and PE's self shields simply don't make up for it.

Now (as it was in the past), with PPUs, tanks and APUs gain the most (since they don't have their own self shields), shame APUs are a bit shit.

Holy Heal was the real game killer back in the day, the rest of the problems with PPUs was just down to the unequal effects they had on the other classes.
With HH nerfed we can get on with making the benefits of PPU support equal regardless of class.
yes, but they are also the slowest. numbers don't always give us the whole picture.

gamefreak
23-09-07, 17:58
When your tank is too slow, you simply didn t skill him properly

Garfield
26-09-07, 15:31
I <3 my ion cannon/dev tank ofcourse.
kaneattackx ftw hey gimme back my creed u damn low tech tank :D

VegaH
26-09-07, 19:05
OK guys, 2 things i want to point out:

1) I personnally think the WoC system contributed to kill this game in the way that it killed a big part of the weapon choice variety that people uses to fight. I think without WoC, you would see again many many different choice of weapon that people would use, and so the other rare guns that noone uses no more could come back alive. that's my opinion.

2) I don't think ppus are killing this game because : why woudnt it be normal that 1 ppu + 1 fighter wins against 1 single person? (2 vs 1 in my opinion). I'm pretty sure if you take 2 self buffed people VS 1 ppued fighter + 1 ppu, if those 2 self buffed fighters have some kind of minimal decent aiming, they will kill this single ppued fighter...or well the chances on both sides are about equal i think.

Anyways, i don't know why we always keep discussing everything in this game since we all know KK will never change anything to it.....whatever

Cya :)

Zeninja
26-09-07, 22:44
Anyways, i don't know why we always keep discussing everything in this game since we all know KK will never change anything to it.....
To give Vegah the opportunity of claiming he's got an excuse to be a ppu whore maybe ?

Dunno, just asking :angel:

"As it was in the past", at the slight difference that Tanks are now basically the killing machines and battlefield rulers they were always supposed to be, while PE's tend to deserve being called average joe's and spies clearly have to choose a different path to be effective.

My only disapointement is that the current state of NC (taking into account both the system and the population) encourages way too many people to play as a tank whereas this class is supposed to be marginalized (according to NC's background describing them as an endangered specie just like monks are).

jini
27-09-07, 07:19
OK guys, 2 things i want to point out:

1) I personnally think the WoC system contributed to kill this game in the way that it killed a big part of the weapon choice variety that people uses to fight. I think without WoC, you would see again many many different choice of weapon that people would use, and so the other rare guns that noone uses no more could come back alive. that's my opinion.
Thats a mistaken opinion: It is only true for the high tech PE using pistols, or the well known xbow clone. All the rest can live without woc: spies, tanks, monks and low tech/melee/h-c PEs

2) I don't think ppus are killing this game because : why woudnt it be normal that 1 ppu + 1 fighter wins against 1 single person? (2 vs 1 in my opinion). I'm pretty sure if you take 2 self buffed people VS 1 ppued fighter + 1 ppu, if those 2 self buffed fighters have some kind of minimal decent aiming, they will kill this single ppued fighter...or well the chances on both sides are about equal i think.

Anyways, i don't know why we always keep discussing everything in this game since we all know KK will never change anything to it.....whatever

Cya :)
They kill the supposed balance 2.2 brought in the game. I am not worried about tanks w/o ppus, but tanks with a ppu it takes huge time to kill. No other class benefits as much as the tank, and they should have done something about that.

Glok
27-09-07, 08:59
Nothing wrong with a hierarchy, jini.

From what I gather (just from the forums, haven't been ingame for a long time, gonna change in 4 days :D) the hierarchy is:

Tank + PPU
Pistol PE
PC Spy
RC Spy
APU + PPU
Melee Tank
HC Tank
Marginal Classes (HC PE, RC PE)
APU

I left droners and vehicle users out for lack of a good picture of their place ingame atm (complain or gloat more you guys..)

Anyways, the balance some of you guys seem to be looking for would be boring as shit, just admit it.

jini
27-09-07, 11:41
what are you talking about? this is wrong. Absolutely wrong.

In hierarchy, any ppu supported chars go first in the food chain, but the exception is the tank, and the reason to that is, that because tanks can easily have setups with high resists and very high heal pools, that most other classes sweat in order to reach. That's the problem. For instance take a tank with 70% energy resists. With a ppu this can go even higher using the holy absorber. Can someone point us to those maximum values permitted for each one?

For example a spy's max energy protection is no more than 85%, but the spy cant reach that limit due to con restrictions. that's the problem

Glok
27-09-07, 11:56
HC tank should have been higher, oops.

I'm saying that things appear reasonably fair now. Some people like a challenge, some like easy mode, but really the classes are pretty close now, more so than ever before and they also fit KK's original concept of where they should fit, though maybe not in the number of players playing each class.

Seraphin[69]
27-09-07, 13:13
Ever since I started playing NC, Pistol PE has been one of the most powerful duelist.

Introduction of WOC weapons reachable by PEs just made it worse (Xbow) and new 2.2 weapons (rare nailgun).

PE is a class that doesn't sacrifice his resist enought to compensate his offense contrary to some others (like the spy for exemple). The only class that standed a chance in 2.1 against pistols PE were Hybrids.

Now it's another story... and balance is history...

Zefrian
27-09-07, 15:11
After 2.2 evo, what's your favourite character you like playing?still my APU monk. I do not delete a charakter because of some (temporary) disadvantages.

Sometimes i play a tank on another server. But he is at low level.

Zeninja
28-09-07, 21:35
In hierarchy, any ppu supported chars go first in the food chain, but the exception is the tank, and the reason to that is, that because tanks can easily have setups with high resists and very high heal pools, that most other classes sweat in order to reach. That's the problem. For instance take a tank with 70% energy resists. With a ppu this can go even higher using the holy absorber. Can someone point us to those maximum values permitted for each one?

For example a spy's max energy protection is no more than 85%, but the spy cant reach that limit due to con restrictions. that's the problem
You Sir, DJ and so many other forum members limit themselves and have frozen their objectivity ages ago, by blindly taking only pvp into consideration when talking about NC's balancing. Maybe THAT's the problem (I mean yours, not mine, really).

It looks like you absolutely want every single class to be competitive at pvping versus another class no matter the situation, solo or grouped. This couldn't and should never happen... have you all guys forgotten that this game is an mmorpg ? Open your eyes this isn't Team Fortress Classic neither Duelocron, how can you except KK to align tank's fighting abilties and ppu-support benefits to spy's when you know the only decent tradeskill one tank could afford is Repairing ? Not to mention stealth and hacknet access.

Like Glok said, this balance you seem to be looking for would be boring as playing window's solitary card game. And I predict you'll never be happy with NC until you totally turn around, no matter the efforts that could be put in refining this game's balance.

Serious_Sam
29-09-07, 02:48
Like Glok said, this balance you seem to be looking for would be boring as playing window's solitary card game. And I predict you'll never be happy with NC until you totally turn around, no matter the efforts that could be put in refining this game's balance.

You know what kind of balance these arguments imply? That regardless of what weapon you use, everything does the same damage.

Apocalypsox
29-09-07, 03:04
Speaking of balance,

Im not even gonna rant, im just gonna say it.

BALANCE TEH PvE! :lol:

Seriously, Warbots where doing damage they about should (Around 200, which left me at around 750-780 HP) and then a Bug-erm Spiderbot spawns on me, a small one at that, and before i can run out of its range (Which is way too far imo) I was down to 350 HP. Bullshat for a tank with pure for/pierce armor on :D

Bredahl
29-09-07, 07:35
Seriously, Warbots where doing damage they about should (Around 200, which left me at around 750-780 HP) and then a Bug-erm Spiderbot spawns on me, a small one at that, and before i can run out of its range (Which is way too far imo) I was down to 350 HP. Bullshat for a tank with pure for/pierce armor on :D

Yea theres seriously something wrong with the SMALL spiderbots.. the big ones seems okay, but the small ones seems to have more health, and they do quite alot more dmg than the big ones..

Its like a mini(xbow)gun.. pretty scary...

Apocalypsox
29-09-07, 09:42
Yea theres seriously something wrong with the SMALL spiderbots.. the big ones seems okay, but the small ones seems to have more health, and they do quite alot more dmg than the big ones..

Its like a mini(xbow)gun.. pretty scary...

There damage is BS for a 48/52 ranked mob anyways, those and Launchers as well. a capped player should have zero trouble killing such things.

Zeninja
29-09-07, 13:54
You know what kind of balance these arguments imply? That regardless of what weapon you use, everything does the same damage.
They do (at the exception of Woc weapons) in their respective categories (rifle vs rifle, pistol vs pistol etc), I guess, taking Rate-of-Fire and clip sizes into account to fit Damage-over-Time imperatives.

I don't clearly get what you mean here, but, my opinion is that Woc weapons shouldn't have a dmg bonus like they do now, just like epic weapon shouldn't either. Both shouldn't drop in QuickBelt, like they did before 2.2 as an advantage considering the time/money sink to get wocced/master. I always thought Woc weapons should be nothing but epic weapons (I mean 2.1's epic weapons, without the dmg bonus) of high end TLs ; giving Woc and epic weapons a dmg bonus is another decision from KK I don't agree with into the 2.2 balancing project.