PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Mouse problems

Dribble Joy
17-09-07, 02:28
It's not that my mouse doesn't work, it does. But I have a problem.

I've been noticing that I get a lot of lag on it, and after a little investigation I discovered it's due to my fps.

Above 30-40 it's fine, crisp, responsive and I can aim in the way I know I can and could aim better if I put some practice in.

When it reaches below 20 and especially under 15, I get probably about a fifth to a third of a second lag in all movements, and those movements are slower and lazy.

Currently using an admittedly cheap £10 optical USB pile of bum cheese, but would an upgrade do anything? Would a PS2 one work better? Anything I can do other than upgrading my comp so that I can actually hit people in an OP fight?

Serious_Sam
17-09-07, 03:24
Quick note, if you're getting a mouse, always make sure it is LASER and not optical! Big difference.

USB is alot more convenient just because 9 times out of 10 the PS/2 will require a system restart if it becomes diconnected.

nabbl
17-09-07, 08:55
well i dont think thats a mouse problem. could be a general problem with your pc...

maybe u could post your pc specs ? :)

rob444
17-09-07, 11:06
Syntax: /set ctrl_mouselock 0|1
Values: 0=default 1=lock
Description: Locks the render buffer every frame, to fix the “mouse lag” issue with some gfx card/driver combinations. May cost some fps.

Might help

Brammers
17-09-07, 11:30
Quick note, if you're getting a mouse, always make sure it is LASER and not optical! Big difference.

What after having to put up with sharks with frickin' laser beams, I now have to watch out for mice with frickin' laser beams? :lol:

Joking aside, I got my MX revolution mouse which I think is about the best mouse I've owned. Trust me, you wont want to use a 10 quid cheap mouse ever again.

Edit: P.S. A good zone to test your mouse is the Tiki club in DoY sector 10. That zone is very good at sucking the life out of any GFX/CPU combo to give you low FPS.

james_finn
17-09-07, 11:42
Bah brammers, I wouldnt use a Logitech one, since Ive had two Razer's (http://www.razerzone.com) ;)

On a side note is it just in neocron that you notice this, because if not then try looking for a program on google which changes the rate at which the mouse polls.

Edit: that might only work for USB mice.

VegaH
17-09-07, 19:04
I play with Wireless Ballmouse ftw.....

Serious_Sam
17-09-07, 20:28
I play with Wireless Ballmouse ftw.....

Bluetooth wireless? Or wireless wireless?

Flame Bait
19-09-07, 11:51
Just make sure you stary away from anything wireless. They lag much worse then what you are feeling now. You might consider the Razer Diamondback ive heard nothing but good things about it. I use logitech myself but it has everything mine offers minus the weights for a smaller price tag and it looks bad ass.

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9

SorkZmok
19-09-07, 12:20
I had the same problem DJ.

For me it was NC taking up too many resources so the mouse couldn't keep up.

When running NC, alt tab out, open up the task manager and set the client.exe priority to "below normal" or "low". That should do it.

If that crashes NC on your machine, you gotta write yourself a batchfile to start the game. The command is "start /low client.exe" or "start /belownormal client.exe" i think. Better google it to make sure it works.

/edit
And razer mice are really amazing. Though i favor the copperhead over the diamondback.

nabbl
19-09-07, 12:44
im awaiting the new microsoft sidewinder ... w00h00