PDA

View Full Version : Hey, KK, want some more money?

Tickles
11-09-07, 15:57
Ok, so BP is heavily in the works, everyone is talking about it and how KK is now basically working on it and not on NC. Well... this is just to say that is KK release a simple patch that boosts melee by 5% damage, and maybe burst rifles/pistols by the same amount, then i would sign up my two accounts for another 3 months until christmas.

I know from reading thread after thread after thread that most people want this change because it would make the game more balanced. I don't want Nid's Hammer of nerfage on anything else, and i don't want a stupid boost like i've seen time after time. Only a 5% increase in damage and i would return to this game.

Thing is i don't understand how it's been this long without such a simple little patch. Do it, KK, and you get more money. Simple as that.

I'm posting this on the forum to guage other peoples reactions. Would anyone else inactive come back for this? Anyone else have something to add?

Parallax/Equinox

Hell-demon
11-09-07, 16:00
Increase melee and make the characters look good :)

silent000
11-09-07, 16:32
Ok its Done! NOW RETURN :mad:

Hell-demon
11-09-07, 16:58
You sure?

SnowCrash
11-09-07, 17:00
Creating a patch is not just "Click a button here, write some lines of code there and done!". The whole process needs much more time than you can imagine.

The balancing is still an important topic for us and we will proceed with that as soon as possible.

Hell-demon
11-09-07, 17:02
What about the ugly player characters? We're so ugly and buggy :(

Tickles
11-09-07, 17:07
Oh I'm sorry... it's only been about 3 months. Not enough time at all... :wtf:

Hell-demon
11-09-07, 17:19
Maybe the coders you hired to make the Neocron arcade game could help. Or the ones you've hired for Black Prophecy. :rolleyes:

Zefrian
11-09-07, 17:39
Oh I'm sorry... it's only been about 3 months. Not enough time at all... :wtf:in this 3 months, BP is/was in progress, and the whole next content patch. And if - according to Snowcrash words - a "tiny patch" would cost much resources, so how much resources would a pig patch require?

Maybe the coders you hired to make the Neocron arcade game could help. Or the ones you've hired for Black Prophecy. :rolleyes:.. and these Coders have to get an substantiated insight into the foreign Code. This is not an easy part and especially not done within some days.

Before you flame me - remember, that i'm a paying customer myself. I'm also unhappy about the postponement of the content patch, but we should not do a so called "naive fallacy".

lear
11-09-07, 17:57
i coded a game once... i believe i named it..... wow

anyone know if people still play it? :DDDD

silent000
11-09-07, 18:15
i coded a naughts and crosses game, it was cool

Hell-demon
11-09-07, 18:32
I used a piece of software called 3D game maker and made a game called Spank the Monkey. You played a monkey called Spank, who was defending his home from poachers in all it's 3D glory.

You collected bananas that exploded in a white mist 8|

Tickles
11-09-07, 20:07
in this 3 months, BP is/was in progress, and the whole next content patch. And if - according to Snowcrash words - a "tiny patch" would cost much resources, so how much resources would a pig patch require?
.. and these Coders have to get an substantiated insight into the foreign Code. This is not an easy part and especially not done within some days.

Before you flame me - remember, that i'm a paying customer myself. I'm also unhappy about the postponement of the content patch, but we should not do a so called "naive fallacy".

I assume when you say pig patch you mean big patch? I'm just asking for something relatively simple. The weapons in this game were meant to put into some sort of system that enabled easy changing of figures for damage, freq etc to make it easier for the balancing process. That was meant to have happened like a year ago? Maybe more? Dunno... Anyway this means that what i am asking for and what many others are asking for is surely NOT a big deal. I'm not asking to rewrite code, just replace a value for damage in each melee weapon, let's say, with one that is 5% higher. Simple calculation, simple replacement.

No knock-on effects apart from a step closer to a balanced game. There aren't even that many melee weapons, would take someone what a couple hours at the most? It's changed, patch it, put it up on servers. Couple days?

If you have all your major coders working hard on BP, then please just pull one off to work on this small patch (I'm not saying the Content patch, just this change) and i will bring you 2 x 3 months subscription.

If you ever get round to the faction change patch then i'll be definitely be here to see that through.

DARK_Overfiend
11-09-07, 20:50
id say give us choice of using old NC1 player models. and the old Color changer working again.

cos that used to rock being able to change the color of ur tops and trowsers.

which they would affect your PA colors. also. i remember seeing black monks. and Pink PE´s , cyan tanks.

kane
11-09-07, 20:53
Guys for people have programmed here and there. If I'm correct these guys don't even know the code. There still learning what the hell half of it was. Not only that they have to rewrite like half the section they need to change just to make something work right..

For example while most people may have run and programmed emulators like me. The fact is they prob don't have a config file or a simple way to just edit a 50% to a 60% who knows how they did it.

The best thing is to wait till 2009 :D

naimex
12-09-07, 00:59
Creating a patch is not just "Click a button here, write some lines of code there and done!". The whole process needs much more time than you can imagine.

The balancing is still an important topic for us and we will proceed with that as soon as possible.

LIES!!!

Creating a patch IS all about clicking a button and writing a couple of lines of code...

Although, if you did that, it would make it quite a lousy patch, and it would probably make more problems than it would solve.

:)

DARK_Overfiend
12-09-07, 01:41
which are sometimes what all KK´s Patchs are\do. fix things and create more bugs *cough* Features *cough*

Apocalypsox
12-09-07, 01:41

And to think i thought the entire point of 2.2 was to untagle all the code and make it easy to input/change values! You guys must have some really shitty keyboards to not be able to enter a couple of numbers. Ill send you a calculator if i must, hack it and wire it into your comps