PDA

View Full Version : Do drones not work, or what am I missing?

Mattimeo
10-09-07, 01:29
ok, so I used to play neocron (back before NC2, I left during the beta for it). I recently decided to give it another shot since I'm bored with my current MMO and I had some fun with this one. I used to have a droner so that's what I decided to make.

After fighting for days with the game I was finally able to log in with a droner, and play around a little bit and that's when I came across this problem: I can't hurt anything with my drone! the reticle changes to lock on mode and I can target an enemy, the drone healing works, and it does the firing sound and animation, but no damage. any distance from my target, any angle, nothing. To complete my mission for Mr. Jones I had to stab the guys to death. I didn't make a droner to stab people. What am I doing wrong? did I miss something or what?

Archtemplar
10-09-07, 01:33
For w/e reasons, this bug has been neglected to be fixed for a few months. It affects drones up to about TL18ish, so your best bet is level up your dex with a different weapon until around that level, and then LOM. Mucho pain in the ass, but thats what has to be done i guess.

Faid
10-09-07, 05:16
This bug has been here since 2.2 was prematurely released and is likely to never get fixed, there are about 50 threads on this exact problem already. KK have decided to reallocate all their resources to their new game, so this particular bug along with the hundreds of other bugs will never get fixed ever.

Mattimeo
10-09-07, 17:05
That's all I needed to hear. Trial canceled. I thought that with a few years and calling it 2.2 they would have fixed something in this game. Nope. I still FRE, I get stuck in synchronizing hell the vast majority of the time... It actually looks like they broke more than they fixed.

oh well, it killed a couple of days at least.

Dribble Joy
10-09-07, 17:10
It's odd, I just don't sync or crash, and rarely if ever get log-in bugs.

silent000
10-09-07, 17:32
That's all I needed to hear. Trial canceled. I thought that with a few years and calling it 2.2 they would have fixed something in this game. Nope. I still FRE, I get stuck in synchronizing hell the vast majority of the time... It actually looks like they broke more than they fixed.

I love how you just made a droner then probably FREd once and then quit, give the game a proper go and experience everything =/

BTW with noob drones u need to spec t-c to shoot with them =/ o1 remembers that

Mattimeo
10-09-07, 18:08
Actually I made a Droner, an Infiltrator and an Inquisitor.

I would love to give the game a proper go however:

1) It takes at least 3 login tries before any one of my characters will not get stuck in Synchronizing.

2) I FRE about 50% of the time when zoning. More if I've alt-tabbed at all. Combine that with 1 and I find myself spending most of my time just trying to be able to play.

3) Half the stuff doesn't work! From drones that won't do damage (I think it's just the lightweight attack ones, as the one from Jones works. Kind of.) To immortal enemies that say they're getting hit but refuse to go down but can kill me in the process. Hell, my starting Lazar gun does more damage than the ones I have access to now. Still can't figure that one out.

At what point am I allowed to determine a game not worth my money? They want $35 just for the game and $14 a month subscription. I can pay that much and get a game that oh I dunno... Works?

If I can manage to log in with the free time I have left today, I'll give the T-C thing a shot.

Really the determining factor is the fact that after... what almost 6 years now? The game still has the exact same bugs, and new ones piled on top, and that's just sad.

ashley watts
10-09-07, 19:02

why is it allways the vets that get fucked over by this game :p ?, I hardly ever fatel, Never sync or bug out, its either luck or your just anohter ex pissed vet =D

Trent
11-09-07, 16:37
I run two droners and I've not had the problems you mention.

That said, drones tend to be very underpowered in the damage department. You really do not become effective until around level 91 or so and there is a big gap between drone levels. I don't think there is a drone between level 80 and level 91 or so, so you are forced to use rather underpowered weapons for a good deal of time.

Running a droner automatically means that you opt-out of PvP combat in my view. Additionally, droning tends to be a solitary speciality. You fight alone.

Just my opinion. :)

kane
11-09-07, 20:56
ok, so I used to play neocron (back before NC2, I left during the beta for it). I recently decided to give it another shot since I'm bored with my current MMO and I had some fun with this one. I used to have a droner so that's what I decided to make.

After fighting for days with the game I was finally able to log in with a droner, and play around a little bit and that's when I came across this problem: I can't hurt anything with my drone! the reticle changes to lock on mode and I can target an enemy, the drone healing works, and it does the firing sound and animation, but no damage. any distance from my target, any angle, nothing. To complete my mission for Mr. Jones I had to stab the guys to death. I didn't make a droner to stab people. What am I doing wrong? did I miss something or what?

What mmo did u play?

Mattimeo
12-09-07, 04:30
Currently (and long term) I've been playing FFXI

Apocalypsox
12-09-07, 06:29
Actually I made a Droner, an Infiltrator and an Inquisitor.

I would love to give the game a proper go however:

1) It takes at least 3 login tries before any one of my characters will not get stuck in Synchronizing.

2) I FRE about 50% of the time when zoning. More if I've alt-tabbed at all. Combine that with 1 and I find myself spending most of my time just trying to be able to play.

If your having that many problems, its Hardware. (Or your OS.)

boreal
12-09-07, 18:51
for the login isue : try to restart the comp OR format it (yea seem that the only way it fix my prob)

for the syn prob : you need to wait a bit.. took me about 20-30 sec before it get off and i can move

immortal enemie : log back, your client is buggy

if you can't hit enemy, sometime is that you shoot throught a invisible wall... more your drone

if you STAY in a place and don't move (aka : ress, CSTR, poke or any shit like that) well you will syn one time... need to log off and log on

if you change between your caracter, you need to wait a full min if not, he won't log you in...

and so on !!!! hope it help you

Mattimeo
13-09-07, 05:56

Since I don't have a problem with any other programs, I chalk it up to the game.

for the login isue : try to restart the comp OR format it (yea seem that the only way it fix my prob)

for the syn prob : you need to wait a bit.. took me about 20-30 sec before it get off and i can move

immortal enemie : log back, your client is buggy

if you can't hit enemy, sometime is that you shoot throught a invisible wall... more your drone

if you STAY in a place and don't move (aka : ress, CSTR, poke or any shit like that) well you will syn one time... need to log off and log on

if you change between your caracter, you need to wait a full min if not, he won't log you in...

and so on !!!! hope it help you

1) I'm not reformatting my computer for one game.

2) I know when I'm just slow syncing (my inventory shows) and when it's just not going to work (I get no inventory) the latter happens the vast majority of the time

3) Logging back in presents to me my original problem, I get stuck in sync

I really appreciate your attempt at help, and the insight on why sometimes my hit's wont register near walls makes some sense. In general though, I'm quite disappointed with how not far this game has come.

cymoncymple
22-09-07, 23:35
Well, I feel your pain..

started in nc1..left, returned, left, returned...

Since I have returned again, the propaganda of 2.2 was too much to resist, I have decided that i was looking at neocron wrong. It isn't even fair to hold neocron up against a normal graphic based MMORPG...neocron has more in common with a moo/mud. Think a cybersphere, shadowrun and parts of lambda moo but with a graphical interface.

I am currently one of those droners, raising dex on pistols so i can use drones via lomm. That is classic moo/mud style game play, granted it is a bug, but it kinda fits the theme. An OOC knowledge hack that is required in a cyberpunk wastelander style game seems even more fitting when you look at it in that light.

(also very fitting that neocron even connects, stays connected, loads zones and disconnects like the major of classic moo/muds..namely not very well.)

o_O am i on to something?

Forget My Name
27-09-07, 23:19

The good old boy response ....

Its ALWAYS Neocron. Period.

When people claim every other program works, and only neocron has this many issues, its neocron. And more than a few people have complained about this over the years... more so on this forum than an other gaming forum I have been a member of.

MacGoose
28-09-07, 17:26
This bug has been here since 2.2 was prematurely released and is likely to never get fixed, there are about 50 threads on this exact problem already. KK have decided to reallocate all their resources to their new game, so this particular bug along with the hundreds of other bugs will never get fixed ever.
I'm almost finished with my trial and I was looking forward to lots of fun with this game in the future. But nothing irritates me more if KK gank this game so it's unplayable or people start to leave this game and it will be dead six months or a year. If that's how its gonna be then I will rather leave this game now and not be disapointed later.

When I think about it I rarely see any players in Neocron city, maybe it's half-dead allready. I remember the beta and early release of Neocron 1. Even the sewers where filled with players and lots of people in the city and outzones too. Now I'm all alone down in the sewers trying to level and reflecting on the old days...

, MacGoose

Apocalypsox
28-09-07, 18:47
The good old boy response ....

Its ALWAYS Neocron. Period.

When people claim every other program works, and only neocron has this many issues, its neocron. And more than a few people have complained about this over the years... more so on this forum than an other gaming forum I have been a member of.

actually, there has GOT To be something to do with the hardware. My old PC would run Neocron very well (If at a slightly low FPS) But would never get a login issue (Unless servers where taking a shit), Would only fatal about once a day, and never really had any more issues. Now im running a new computer, and i get so many login issues its not even funny. I think it took me 7 tries the other day to get a good login on Warbot.

Napalm82
28-09-07, 19:57
Personally i've had very few bugs / syncs / login trouble and what not, so for me, it aint the game that causes stuff like this.

Going "DURR! its da game! it be borked" seems kinda narrowminded, yes NeoCron is not made by heavenly coders riding fluffy pink ponies, but your computer could also be responsible.

Giving such a reply would be like yelling "omg liek Crysis wont run on mah pceh! But i cans play leet Tetris fine, Crysis is borked"

So before jumping the gun try some stuff, like defragging your drive, check whats running, do a virus/adware scan, update drivers and the like.

- Napalm

ZoVoS
02-10-07, 09:06
¬_¬ ahem long time no post...

=D actual its more like saying

"omg liek Tetris wont run on mah pceh! But i cans play leet Crysis fine, Tetris is borked"

the game is bugged to hell... that said its more than posible to play compleatly fatal and sinc free much like i did... i simply closed down every other process on my computer including explorer.exe with nothing else open i rarely ever had a problem unless my internet was having a slow day... neocron doesnt like compeating with other programs.

=P sorry just poped in to get info on kk's new space game

Forget My Name
02-10-07, 14:13
=P sorry just poped in to get info on kk's new space game

Which game? ... oh ... YEAH, that game!

Syncrashing in Space.

I love it!!!