PDA

View Full Version : Low Tech Pistols, Rifles, and all mele weapons

Snoopy
04-09-07, 20:17
Does anyone else agree that low tech rifles , pistols, and melee weapons are considerably weaker in pvp than most other weapons in the game ? Especialy melee weapons?

Torg
04-09-07, 20:22
i disagree for single-shot pistols and rifles.

silent000
04-09-07, 20:34
Wyatt Earp is still VERY nice, one of my favorite weps tbh

Dribble Joy
04-09-07, 21:35
If they sorted the xbow and the other beam/single shot problems then they should be fine.

nabbl
04-09-07, 23:41
another burst woc single weapon thread -.-

ashley watts
05-09-07, 00:48
Low tech is generally weaker aye, but then again craftsman dream, desperado and ion shotty's are nice.

THE_TICK!!!!
05-09-07, 01:09
aye but they are also very high tl, wich negates good defence on a pe

Apocalypsox
05-09-07, 03:40

Desired effect much? PEs arent ment to be able to have everything and maintain a very high Damage ratio. You can either use high TL weps or use lowtech and have good defence.

jini
05-09-07, 05:19
No.
WE, the ion guns, ion pistol rocks, desperado very nice. Reaper too. Low techie melee, very hard to aim/hit... too fast

Seraphin[69]
05-09-07, 10:56
Low tech is generally weaker aye, but then again craftsman dream, desperado and ion shotty's are nice.
I disagree... I fought a PE with the rare nailgun and he is so fast moving that my energy weapons won't register on him. All I can do is stick with the ion canon (and as a PE can cap Piercing resist it's useless to shot him with).

If they fix the netcode better offense for less defence thing will be true but just isn't ATM...

Bredahl
05-09-07, 11:25
All ion weapons are very good, craftmans dream are very good, desperado are very good, and termi/wyatt are okay when you fight someone that cant aim...

The problem though, is that a creed or HL that dont bug, do CRAZY dmg..

Dribble Joy
05-09-07, 11:40
Not really.

A freeman PE has as much defence as I have on DJ. More if they use a PPR.

Bredahl
05-09-07, 11:41
Not really.

A freeman PE has as much defence as I have on DJ. More if they use a PPR.
Freeman PE WITH a PPR..? is that possible? :wtf:

Dribble Joy
05-09-07, 12:56
Ack, it's dex 106 isn't it?

Well you can with 2 drugs and WoC PA.

Bredahl
05-09-07, 20:02
Ack, it's dex 106 isn't it?

Well you can with 2 drugs and WoC PA.
Hehe yea its 106 dex.. so you would have to use a serumdebat (or whatever the name is) i think, and ofc a redflash..

Snoopy
05-09-07, 20:31
Ok everyones opinions i suppose are true like the ion pistol, and craftsman dream being pretty nice... But what about melee lol :D ? they realy do suck imo :p yeah there fast on there feet but they have no power what so ever to scratch anyone :\

Bredahl
05-09-07, 20:37
Ok everyones opinions i suppose are true like the ion pistol, and craftsman dream being pretty nice... But what about melee lol :D ? they realy do suck imo :p yeah there fast on there feet but they have no power what so ever to scratch anyone :\
Melee arent bad.. just be really fast (and dont fight ppl with ppu shields), then u actually can kill quite alot of ppl.. theres surprisingly many ppl out there with a terrible aim :lol:

Snoopy
05-09-07, 20:46
haha, i agree on the aiming statement but what was that you said about ppu shields!! :eek: surly it wud be great to see melee tanks at op wars again... But come on... my melee tank does like 27-36 damage with a peacemaker to other classes in pvp, and PM's are meant to be the best melee pvp weapon!!... thats just silly :p

Bredahl
05-09-07, 20:53
haha, i agree on the aiming statement but what was that you said about ppu shields!! :eek: surly it wud be great to see melee tanks at op wars again... But come on... my melee tank does like 27-36 damage with a peacemaker to other classes in pvp, and PM's are meant to be the best melee pvp weapon!!... thats just silly :p
Melee are useless on ppl with ppu shields on.. does like 10 dmg per hit :lol:

Hmm tried the dentist?

One of the things i love about melee tanks, is that they can do dmg on ppl that just runs around and around, clipping like a little whore :D

Snoopy
05-09-07, 20:56
yeah i suppose u picked out a good point there :p the clipping situation... but no, whats the dentist like now ? better than the rest of the melee weapons ? o_O

Bredahl
05-09-07, 21:26
Well i havent tried the dentist myself, but from what ive heard it should be okay.. hits pretty fast

Seraphin[69]
06-09-07, 00:19
The dentist got a nice frequency but the problem with melee lies in the netcode (again) : they are not were you hit them, so most of the hits won't register because they are out of range server sided.

The only chars you can drop as a melee tank in opwars are apu... and once anyone takes your legs out, you're dead !

Snoopy
06-09-07, 01:06
Thats what im saying... What use is a class that can only kill an APU... I REALY think melee should get a slight damage increase... anyone else think so ?

ashley watts
06-09-07, 01:09
Possibly but tbh a fast meele tank now can kill a LOT of people, i think a freq increase would be more wise :p

Seraphin[69]
06-09-07, 07:27
At least double frequency indeed, reduce by 2 or 3 stamina drain, increased PVE damage by 2 is what's needed to see melee again I guess

Tickles
06-09-07, 16:30
*pokes head in*

Melee is AWESOME! :angel:

Equinox ftw!

*runs away for a couple more months*

silent000
06-09-07, 16:51
*strokes equinox*

Bredahl
06-09-07, 17:20
Yea Equinox are/where a pretty damn deadly melee tank.. and so are that haudrafix (or whatever the hell his called).

dezuzi
06-09-07, 18:04
I find that many pistols and rifles below TL 100 are pretty much very underpowered. (excluding ion rifle shotgun, although that doesnt make my jaw drop either)
My RoG on my PE does horrible damage, around 50 damage against any capped char in pvp.

Not to mention that pistols dont function as they should in my opinion, xbow and other woc pistols dominate the other pistols simply because they actually do damage.
Craftsman is nice though.

However not everybody wishes to stick with one type of gun, people want to be able to choose.

Now you might say, "WoC guns SHOULD do more damage!" well a straight fuck you sir, devourers an ion pistol/ion cannon; creed and ravager do pretty much just as much damage compared to WoC guns (if not more!).

Rare pistol and rifles however are just plain underpowered and should have a look into in my opinion and im sure im not the only one.

Not everybody wants to use xbows and freeman pistols/beretta's because not everybody wants to do what other people are doing simply because people want variety..

Bredahl
06-09-07, 18:07
Ion rifle are tl 97 :angel:

dezuzi
06-09-07, 18:20
if you read my post properly you wouldnt have made that remark, read it again and understand im saying people should be able to choose over more than 1 gun thats not woc

Bredahl
06-09-07, 18:24
I find that many pistols and rifles below TL 100 are pretty much very underpowered.
THAT was what i made the comment to.. :rolleyes: sry for not quoting you.. Oh and it wasent ment very serious.. because tl97 is more than high enough :rolleyes:

Eternal Pink
07-09-07, 21:47
Yes there underpowered, wonder how many threads have been made about this subject yet still no change...

Haven't fixed burst yet either :(