PDA

View Full Version : Zbow Spy setup

tarasm
26-08-07, 20:50
Ive been looking for a xbow spy setup and been trying to make one and ive been having no luck.I dont know what armor to use.And I do not know how to disturbied my con points.And my damage on my xbow comes short.Can anyone post a complete setup for spy xbow setup

StevenJ
26-08-07, 22:45
http://exl.nskill.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9 - rifle spy setup, but easily adapted. Lots of wasted dex in there for an xbow user. Think about using more resist imps and even holo PA...

Some people like that, others don't... probably has too much R-C instead of TC for my liking. But I guess it's a starting point. It's also kinda old, it's worth thinking about swapping some of the kevlar armour for shelter armour to get a nice energy boost.

Disclaimer: I suck at setups :D

tarasm
27-08-07, 00:38
Thanks. Ive also heard that all kevlar armor is bad,Im also looking for a more defensive setup so I take less damage.

nabbl
27-08-07, 09:36
Implants:

3 resist chips + MC5 CloseCombat
Reflex 0.4
Strengthen Heart 2
Full Antigamma

Armor:
HoloPA (Energy+Xray)
rest heavy kevlar (fire +poison)

go for 75 hlt
50 fire + 2 antiburn injections -> 50% resist
70 enr (with resist chips) + 2/3 antienergy injections -> ~60% resist
70 xray (with resist chips) ~50% resist
40 por + 2 antipor injections -> 50% resist
75 prc + 2 antiprc injections -> 60% resist
rest of points on ATH

= 8/9 Nanite Injections ergo enough room for con 40 heal tool nanites.

Redflash and maybe Paratemol X-Forte for better HLT, speed and DMG.

tarasm
27-08-07, 10:10
thanks nabbl. I see you use all heavy kevlar why not just use regant pa and it would cover all the protection that kevlar gives.And btw how much does a ff chip go for??

nabbl
27-08-07, 10:17
thanks nabbl. I see you use all heavy kevlar why not just use regant pa and it would cover all the protection that kevlar gives.And btw how much does a ff chip go for??

tactical mercenary cpu is ok as well.

its easy with the armor. when u take the regant pa u get much fire and poison. but no energy and xray. there is no armor for the spy with xray and energy resi except the holo/spy PAs and the shelter/monk armors.

so you have to go for all shelter + heavy energy belt and that sucks like hell :P
U would be very fragile due to head energy dmg. (jini gets pwned every time by energy dmg at feet and head ^^)

its maybe possible to put in a STR chip for a resist chip so that u may wear some unhallowed inqui armor.

SorkZmok
27-08-07, 10:59
It's not worth getting into inqi armor. You might have slightly better fire resists but then you'll lack the por armor. And there's no real need for more prc/for, that can be covered using heavy kevlar and nanites.

silent000
27-08-07, 13:50
Please dont wear the spy regants PA :( its terrible ^^ either holovest or a normal PA tbh

tarasm
27-08-07, 20:01
And are drugs need for a xbow spy setup??Also I would like to be very fast without gimpin my setup.How much agility should I get??

silent000
27-08-07, 22:31
And are drugs need for a xbow spy setup??Also I would like to be very fast without gimpin my setup.How much agility should I get??

Well atm with spies, everyone i have spoke to who uses one has a big problem with drugs, including myself...if you take a drug then zone, it basically nullifies the drug effect and no longer works, then u relog and the drug has dissapeard.

tarasm
28-08-07, 03:23
So I should not take drugs and nanites before I zone??

silent000
28-08-07, 04:01
nanites r fine, drugs just dont take em ^^

tarasm
28-08-07, 04:31
K thanks..Guys so is the setup that nabbl gave is good??Or should there be some modifications??

MaGnet
28-08-07, 07:53
nabbls setup is ok but every player had another style to play.

2 ressis + swp + mc5
full anti gamma bones
holo pa + kevlar armor
70hlt
34 fire
68 enr
63xry
50 poi
120 atl base

paratemol x + redflash

28-08-07, 08:09
nabbls setup is ok but every player had another style to play.

2 ressis + swp + mc5
full anti gamma bones
holo pa + kevlar armor
70hlt
34 fire
68 enr
63xry
50 poi
120 atl base

paratemol x + redflash

wow.

What kind of Spy is this ? You can skill 120 Athletics Base ? 100 skill are 35 level, 120 are 55 level ... hmm ... Spy = 40 CON lv cap. Strange that is.

tarasm
28-08-07, 08:47
ye 120 is to much..Im looking for a setup to take less damage with??

nabbl
28-08-07, 09:47
basically u need 60% resist for the main dmg types e.g. energy and piercing.

for the alternative modded damages 50% is enough.

SorkZmok
28-08-07, 11:14

Exactly. There's no use for balanced resists or resist holes.

Pretty much all guns either do pierce or energy as main damage type. 60% in those helps a lot.

Dribble Joy
28-08-07, 12:02
One issue with nabbl's setup, since you've gone balls out defensive, your PC/TC will be shite.

DJ probably gets better stats on her xbow that that char.

nabbl
28-08-07, 13:18
the stats on xbow doesnt really matter...

u do dmg like hell and can create much pressure on the battlefield. i would spend like 100 base P-C then enough T-C for the nanite tools and the rest on agility. ( i think u get 110 base there then)

Dribble Joy
28-08-07, 13:47
Well with the imps you mentioned, with 100 base PC, you get 135. You're dmg% must be down in the 140s maybe even 130s, your freq is probably in the mid-high 40s. DJ gets 157% and 64 rpm, somewhere in the order of 45% or more dmg/time. Then I have around the same resists and probably 150 more hp.

Edit:
Looking at the dmg/PC data I got, 135 PC will get you something like 125% dmg, that's with 140 WEP, which with the nanite reqs, even with an imp glove, won't be much higher.

silent000
28-08-07, 13:49

Exactly

nabbl
28-08-07, 14:49
Well with the imps you mentioned, with 100 base PC, you get 135. You're dmg% must be down in the 140s maybe even 130s, your freq is probably in the mid-high 40s. DJ gets 157% and 64 rpm, somewhere in the order of 45% or more dmg/time. Then I have around the same resists and probably 150 more hp.

Edit:
Looking at the dmg/PC data I got, 135 PC will get you something like 125% dmg, that's with 140 WEP, which with the nanite reqs, even with an imp glove, won't be much higher.

are you playing a PE DJ ? :P

were talkin about a spy who wants to use xbow... the spy gets 160 agility with redflash and maybe 65 ATL. hes damn fast and has 50/60% resists everywhere. when u use the xbow the dmg output doesnt really matter. theres no difference if u do 20% more dmg, at the end the enemy is down by 6-7 hits.

Dribble Joy
28-08-07, 20:35
If someone goes down in 6-7 hits to your xbow, they need to take a good look at their resists.

Okran
31-08-07, 20:10
View Test.jpg for my Rifle setup and simply replace the 3 rifle implants for pistol ones :)

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11501

Hope that helps. Around 60% as others have said is best to have in the main damage types.

tarasm
01-09-07, 08:46
thanks

nabbl
01-09-07, 11:46
lol ... plz .... never use such a shit setup ^^

he got a moveon in his head... and u dont need 112 dex for the xbow -.-

tarasm
02-09-07, 09:47
I cant find a tactical cpu chip and also,I was told by clown that nanites dont work after you zone..So I think ill just fuck em and go psi

nabbl
02-09-07, 11:00
lol ... nanites just work fine after zoning Oo

the thing is that when u take 12 nanites injections + 2 drugs + 2 buffs and u zone, maybe one drug gets disabled. thats an issue with the stacks and has nothing to do with nanites itself...

Okran
03-09-07, 08:54
lol ... plz .... never use such a shit setup ^^

he got a moveon in his head... and u dont need 112 dex for the xbow -.-

You must be such a noob that you've never used a Holosuit PA! The moveon give this setup enough transport to carry a decent amount of ammo. Plus able to use the TL40 nanite heal tool without drugs. I did say it was a Rilfe setup also!

Posting such an insulting and provocative response is just typical of the lack of respect from this so called 'community'!

nabbl
03-09-07, 09:18
You must be such a noob that you've never used a Holosuit PA! The moveon give this setup enough transport to carry a decent amount of ammo. Plus able to use the TL40 nanite heal tool without drugs. I did say it was a Rilfe setup also!

Posting such an insulting and provocative response is just typical of the lack of respect from this so called 'community'!

ive never insulted u ... just ure setup. because ure setup is really really bad. youre wasting a brainslot, your resist are shite, u got way too much dexterity and so on.

i just want to help tarasm to find the best setup for the xbow. yours isnt just good enough

ashley watts
03-09-07, 12:36
View Test.jpg for my Rifle setup and simply replace the 3 rifle implants for pistol ones :)

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11501

Hope that helps. Around 60% as others have said is best to have in the main damage types.

wow lol i could do a better setup with my eyes closed :p

tarasm
04-09-07, 01:11
Ashwatts...If your not gonna help please dont post..

SorkZmok
04-09-07, 09:21
Either go defensive:
CCP, SWAT, PPR, NCDP resistor, pistol eye 3, strengthen heart 2, psi glove, dex booster 3, full anti gamma bones. Holo pa, full heavy kevlar armor.
Str: 75 into pierce, 50 into force/transport. Barely enough to carry some ammo but it's ok.
Con: 50 base in enr gets you to 80 con resists, 50 base health lets you hit 80 hlt with para x-forte for a quite nice health pool of nearly 900. The rest goes into the other resists, then try out nanites. The best tool gives a bit more than 6% shields with each shot. 4 pierce and 2 energy and you'll hit 60% in those resists with the con/str setup i suggested. Work out the rest yourself. Xray isn't half as important as people think, i'd even leave that behind fire and poison (dev and pretty much every lowtech gun do those).

The setup will end up with only about 165ish p-c (depends on agl and t-c, you choose if you want the best nanite tools or not) but with great runspeed and resists plus the xbow and bhg-9 still do nice damage.

Offensive setup:
CCP, SWAT, close combat 3, PPR, pistol eye 3, strengthen heart 2, reflexbooster 4, full anti gamma bones. WOC PA, heavy kevlar with maybe some psi armor mixed in.
Following pretty much the same rules for str, con and nanites as with the defensive setup you'll end up with roughly 5% to 10% less resists but can hit well over 200 p-c.

Matter of your playstyle, really.

/edit
Once i get this uni shit finished (IF EVER), i'll try out the offensive setup myself. I'm curious what the bhg-9 can do with 220ish p-c. :)

nabbl
04-09-07, 09:54
its a woc weapon ... it will do insane dmg like every other woc weapon too -.-

Okran
04-09-07, 17:41
wow lol i could do a better setup with my eyes closed :p

Good for you!
I might have know there'd be more pointless replies which are not constuctive in any way, just plain dis-respectfull.

ive never insulted u ... just ure setup. because ure setup is really really bad. youre wasting a brainslot, your resist are shite, u got way too much dexterity and so on.

i just want to help tarasm to find the best setup for the xbow. yours isnt just good enough

I made that setup so of course you're insulting me albeit indirectly!
Of course 60% defense in the main damage types is shite isn't it o_O

You lot should really grow up and learn to be more constuctive, rather than just being plain rude about someone else's setup. I made the effort to assist another player and I end up being shot down in flames simply for having a different approach (and no its not shit, it does works very well for me).

You neocron people really are to blame for people leaving this game more than the bugs or anything else. This ain't the first time - all I ever seem to get is hassle and shit from you lot and it's pathetic!

nabbl
04-09-07, 18:06
and youre the biggest whiner ive ever seen...

im saying that your setup is completely unuseful for a xbow spy and u think i said that u have small balls or something like that.

carebear -.-

Bredahl
04-09-07, 18:34
Stay on topic and lay off the insults.

B

Okran
04-09-07, 20:35
and youre the biggest whiner ive ever seen...

im saying that your setup is completely unuseful for a xbow spy and u think i said that u have small balls or something like that.

carebear -.-

I take constructive critism very well, however I take insulting comments and non-constructive crap very badly. You are now calling me a whiner and a carebear because I'm pointing out your bad attitude!

Cut out the insults/bad attitude and grow up please, I have no idea what you have against me or my opinon but it better end here and NOW!

tarasm
04-09-07, 21:02
Thanks smorzork...This setup is easier and cheaper to achivies then nabbls..But I still like nabbls setup too...And please leave of orkan..He helped me alot too..

jini
11-09-07, 20:36
Nice setups and all, Okran yours is a tad bad.

Don't listen to Nabbl at all times (suggestion) :p

My spy setup -the best one I had made so far- goes for more than 60% in fire, energy AND piercing, while the rest resists are in the 45% region. Obviously high health > 850 hp and speed >= 160, no drugs. With a paratemol it goes for 900ish hp and even greater speeds. So yes, its a lot better than what I see here. Btw, fire, energy and piercing are all prime damage dealers, while all the rest are secondary, with a small exception of an xray modded xbow, but even then energy is again more than xray. cheers

jini
12-09-07, 10:01
As promised... here is my rifle spy you bitches...
This setup uses up to a HL, which is what Im using for hi tech and I alternate with an ionic Rifle which is uber for lowtech powa for those pesky tanks that forget to invest in force :p
It's more an AMAZING OP fighter than a pvp duelist.
He crunches tanks, rifle spies and monks, while he finds it difficult against pistol PEs due to speed/clip relating issues

This setup uses:
1 and ONLY 1 paratemol x Forte
Holy heal + rifle3 + spy3
and nanites. There IS NO need for ppu buffs when in an OP fight, which leaves your ppu friends for other important stuff (aka: habs :p or whatever)

Obviously, you can direct resists in the properties you like the most. For example if you want, you can have 70% energy and only 55 pierce and fire, but thats your option. Enjoy:

silent000
12-09-07, 14:42
Jini an Xbow will utterly destroy him, but any other weapon will be fine, but the mast amount of people including myself using an xbow its just not a good move to under spec poison and xray

nabbl
12-09-07, 15:04
yeah poison beretta or poison xbow and ure spy is gone :P

silent000
12-09-07, 15:48

Why agree with me? :mad: You know you make me angry :mad:

jini
12-09-07, 16:28
yea, good luck with poison beretta and poison xbow...
not worry about those, im worried more about force... but that is all we can do with our spies. Now poison beretta you say? Never seen one. Have you :p?

Anyway, damage priorities are very personal so I am letting you fix them using any nanite mix you enjoy the most.

About PAs:
this is how I prioritize them for my RIFLE spy:
1. Regants PA
2. WoC or a HoLo PA

About moveon/ncpd:
They both create the same con setups, while the moveon is better for melee tanks, and I still need to check for h-c tanks. Also combined with a holovest maybe indeed the moveon is better because it also helps in TRA, so Orkan was right about using it

Okran
13-09-07, 20:30
Ok I've re-tweaked my Rifle setup a little. Yeah it's Rifle agaim. but just tweak it for Pistol - its mainly for the resists setup anyway. You could remove the Redflash but you'd need to lower offense to compensate for the lack of TC.

Okran
13-09-07, 20:38
About moveon/ncpd:
They both create the same con setups, while the moveon is better for melee tanks, and I still need to check for h-c tanks. Also combined with a holovest maybe indeed the moveon is better because it also helps in TRA, so Orkan was right about using it

Also the Body Health enables you to use the TL40 nanite heal without drugs so you're not bugged when you zone (unless you never zone). There's no other decent way to do that, and using the TL40 heal is so much better than anything else you can use to heal by yourself.

jini
14-09-07, 09:43
1. The nanite heal tool is a big NO if you use (and you should) nanites. Unfortunately the spy still has to use either the tl3 heal or the mr jones one. I forget which is best for now, but he needs to use them. Then invest the rest of psi in PSR for those pesky Apus :p

2. Your total resists are fine now. You get a mean total protection of 307, if you add all the protection that you get from each damage type, so you are good, but it's the ratio of every specific type that I don't like. What do I mean by that: We need to separate damage types according to how these are used from our weapons. For instance my xbow lists for damage: 300 in energy + 200 in xray. Here, prime is energy and secondary is xrr in a ratio of 3 to 2. Meaning that its 3 times better to invest in more resists in energy against 2 times in XRR. Got it? in other weapons this ratio is dramatically increased (example: a HL). Then its apus: they do fire fire and poison, but how many of them realy uses poison beams? none :p
Then its dev tanks etc... etc... It's questions like these that made me focus in energy+fire and pierce, while I don't give a shit about xray+poison and force... cheers

3. Also, pistol setups are not easy. Pistols might have an advantage in speed, but they are tough to make. Also you need to spec more in Dex, in order to be able to use that beretta.. all in all its not easy. Haven't found a way yet to achieve the same resists like my rifle spy does, but I cant. And since i aint have a pistol spy I dont care as well.

jini
14-09-07, 10:51
Damn it! I just noticed your other important factors Okran. They are bad:
Speed: very low, even with that redflash
Health pool: very small
Check what I have shown you on my setup, then add ppu support and try getting what I get. DM me ingame if you still cant make that setup. I will gladly help as long as you don't share it :p