PDA

View Full Version : Direct X 10 don't work for me...

nobby
23-08-07, 21:31
ok I've got myself my new puuuta with a 8600M GT, it's SUPPOSED to be DX 10, but Trying the bioshock demo, the option for DX 10 is greyed out...

The DX 10 demo of Lostplanet just simply doesn't start... vista doesn't like me or my hardware... or I dunno

I seriously need a little advice in this, does anyone know of a graphical tech demo video which is DX 10 so I can see if I've been ripped off and lied to about my hardware... because I'm worried :(

boreal
23-08-07, 21:35
1. do you have windows VISTA or XP
2. can your video card get it (i think yes but...)

if your in Windows XP, then you can foget it. XP the max he can give is DX9. if you ahve vista, then check your setting for your video card !!!

that happen to me before, need to instal last driver for your video card !!!

Boreal

nobby
23-08-07, 21:37
The DX 10 demo of Lostplanet just simply doesn't start... vista doesn't like me or my hardware... or I dunno

ok I already said I have Vista... I've got the 64 bit Ultimate, so that's cleared up.

I cannot find drivers for my graphics card... yes... I have seriously failed in finding any drivers for my card on the net.

Nvidia's website does say my card is DX10... sooo... ? :(

Odin
23-08-07, 21:40
I cannot find drivers for my graphics card... yes... I have seriously failed in finding any drivers for my card on the net.

Nvidia's website does say my card is DX10... sooo... ? :(

Not sure how you can't find em. You just go to download drivers on Nvidia's website, choose 'graphic driver', 'geforce 8 series' and then vista 64 bit and voila:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_162.22.html

nobby
23-08-07, 21:46
so explain this to me... when I try to install that :(

rob444
23-08-07, 21:51
Ouch... Are you entirely sure you have a 8600M GT ? :S

nobby
23-08-07, 22:04
it's what device manager tells me... and it's what I paid for...

fuck...

CoreInsanity
23-08-07, 22:37
it's what device manager tells me... and it's what I paid for...

fuck...

I'm not sure if this is still in vista (It should be, but idk, I dont have vista). Go to run(Start>all program> accessories>run) -> type dxdiag -> display tab, it should tell you your card / driver version / etc.

If that says you have a 8600GT then you should have one.

And the drivers are:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_162.22.html for current, and for beta:
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html ( I have had to get beta to get bioshock to work without freezing up on loading, but I am on XP, with an 8800GTX only doing DX9 atm).

nobby
23-08-07, 22:44
tried to install both of those and still no avail like the old error message i showed you.

here are what DX diag says about me...

CoreInsanity
23-08-07, 22:54
tried to install both of those and still no avail like the old error message i showed you.

here are what DX diag says about me...

Hm... not quite sure then :( sorry m8.

I dont use Vista yet, else I might be able to help more :/

nobby
23-08-07, 22:55
Thank you anyway :)

ashley watts
23-08-07, 23:29
They are both demos dont forget, sure they allow DX10 in the first place :p ?

CoreInsanity
23-08-07, 23:31
They are both demos dont forget, sure they allow DX10 in the first place :p ?

thats a good point I actually meant to ask. But still, the fact that the error is coming up is odd, and shows theres some problem going on IMO.

ashley watts
23-08-07, 23:31

Ahh =/ id only reccomend trying a few updates then, go on bioshocks
website and there is a download for nvidia drivers to run bioshock more stable, try downloading that see if it helps.

nobby
23-08-07, 23:42
still no luck... same hardware message :(

eugh...

Powerpunsh
24-08-07, 00:08
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/vista64
Try one of these.
I think the Laptop graphic cards need other drivers than desktop pc cards.

nobby
24-08-07, 00:31
Thanks again but still same error, I'm gonna call the website tomorrow which I bought the computer from to see what they say.

Thanks for all your help everyone, I see this isn't... right :p

Powerpunsh
24-08-07, 00:39
Hmm maybe there is a BIOS option u have to activate, befor your graphic card runz right. Is there another onboard Graphiccard in your Laptop?

nobby
24-08-07, 00:47
not that i've noticed in device manager, I'll go into my bios and take a look :p

(not looked in there yet :D)

nobby
24-08-07, 01:03
Okay and I checked and I bias and there was nothing to do with my graphics card or any on Walter Scott only regret is cast memory is Sharon them.

This was written with windows speech recognition
---------------------------------------------------------

Ok I checked my BIOS and there was nothing to do with my graphics card or any onboard graphics card, only my graphics card's memory (256mb) is shown.

Brammers
24-08-07, 01:40
Okay and I checked and I bias and there was nothing to do with my graphics card or any on Walter Scott only regret is cast memory is Sharon them.

This was written with windows speech recognition
---------------------------------------------------------

Here's a little tip for using handwritten or speech recognition. It works 100% better when you are pissed! :lol:

I've been poking around Nvidia's site, and the drivers on there are mostly for Desktop GPU's. In the case of laptops, it says to visit the manufactor of your laptop's site.

So what laptop make and model have you got?

cMz
24-08-07, 07:08
Laptop drivers you need to get from the manufacturer of the PC. The reason I was once told by NVidia for this is that they normally build support for their own special hardware into the driver or something like that.When Vista first was made available for testing, I was searching for 64 bit drivers but could find none because of the issue that you had to get them from the vendor of the laptop, not directly at NVidia.

Seraphin[69]
24-08-07, 08:06
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1713

That's the lastest driver from Nvidia (beta) with bioshock optimizations but you need a modded INF file to install them on laptop like that one :

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/160series/16344_vista64/nv_disp.inf

Laptop are a bit messy to use when you're not used to it ;)

Powerpunsh
24-08-07, 16:27
As i bought my PC my Mainboard couldnt recognized my graphic card. There was just 1 GPU shown. Maybe u should update ur Biosversion.

nobby
24-08-07, 16:38
They told me to ring back on tuesday because their laptop techie is ill... :p

james_finn
24-08-07, 18:24
nobby I doubt you would get a decent frame rate with Bioshock in DX10 mode, from all reports that I have heard even the 8800 Ultra's cant render Lost planet at a decent resolution with a decent frame rate. It should be a pretty good card for the DX 9 mode though - and tbh I dont see too many devs jumping on the DX10 bandwagon until people have moved to Vista.

/Delphi

P.S. However Crysis should work with a 8600 though (not confirmed its in DX10 mode though :confused: ) ;)

boreal
24-08-07, 18:53
2 think

do you ahve any other game that can take DX10 ??? if yes then log on that game and test, if it work, then you should probabli erase the game and restart a fresh instal

if you don't have any game (or it don't work) well do like me !!! i have vista from the start.. butn when i did recive my copy of C&C 3 tiberium war whit the cane edition (cost me enought) and it SAY i can make it work whit Vista... 5 houres of testing and try to instal and my mind told me the same think i must tell you

XP ALL THE WAY !!!!!

yea for sure you won't have DX10... but right now it may be the same stuff that your pc had that mine had before...even that me i wasen't able to instal the game i bought... piss me off enought to format... and now everything go right...

it your choise !!! but for me, not before they relese SP1 on vista i won't instal it again... to much trouble.

nobby
24-08-07, 19:15
I dont wanna have to rebuy XP again... I already have my DELL xp disc... but that wont let me install because my system is simply not a dell

boreal
24-08-07, 19:52
pm me i got a solution

nobby
24-08-07, 20:16
If I was to be naughty and download it as you're all probably thinking, would it still be illegal since i already do own a copy of XP ?

james_finn
24-08-07, 20:26
If I was to be naughty and download it as you're all probably thinking, would it still be illegal since i already do own a copy of XP ?

Yes because you do not own a non Dell key - plus your dell key will be used on the dell laptop.

Seraphin[69]
24-08-07, 20:42
nobby I doubt you would get a decent frame rate with Bioshock in DX10 mode, from all reports that I have heard even the 8800 Ultra's cant render Lost planet at a decent resolution with a decent frame rate. It should be a pretty good card for the DX 9 mode though - and tbh I dont see too many devs jumping on the DX10 bandwagon until people have moved to Vista.
)

Well... With 8800 GTX sli'ed it's running very smoothly ;-)
(but yeah it's expensive I know)

Conduit
28-08-07, 08:18
Anyone with Vista who's having trouble getting a decent frame-rate should try these beta drivers, which have been optimized for Bioshock. Vista 32-bit Nvidia Beta Drivers 163.44 (http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winvista_x86_163.44_uk.html)
They made a nice difference to my setup, and i'm now running 1600 x 1200 with max detail and getting a pretty good frame-rate.

unreal
28-08-07, 20:34
']Well... With 8800 GTX sli'ed it's running very smoothly ;-)
(but yeah it's expensive I know)hehe Indeed. I got my hands on two brand new 8800 Ultras and thought I might as well SLI 'em up instead of swapping it with the 8500 GT in the gaming box beside me. My transparent box looks damn sexy in the evening with the blue LED's going I tell you. Bioshock is running smooth as hell at 1900x1200 with everything maxed out. :cool:

[Removed large chunk because I thought this was the Bioshock thread for a moment. Sorry for posting.:D]

CoreInsanity
28-08-07, 23:14
Anyone with Vista who's having trouble getting a decent frame-rate should try these beta drivers, which have been optimized for Bioshock. Vista 32-bit Nvidia Beta Drivers 163.44 (http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winvista_x86_163.44_uk.html)
They made a nice difference to my setup, and i'm now running 1600 x 1200 with max detail and getting a pretty good frame-rate.

Well, I choose to install vista last night (Vista Ultimate, 32bit). Update it and all, however, when I try to run bioshock after downloading, it black screens then crashes to the desktop. Im like "Ok" and I restart, however, when I start back up, and try to go into Bioshock, it just sits in a black screen, and i have to kill it via task manger.

Any idea on what may be wrong with it :o?

edit:

I am running the following:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 Dual Channel ram
P5N32-sli se deluxe mobo, with the latest bios
XFX8800 GTX Graphics card, with the vista 32 bit beta drivers.

Also should be noted that after Bioshock finished downloading on steam and I tried to run it, it installed the MS VS C++ Redistributable. Am I missing anything else this game may require?

edit2: Oh, and I have the UAC turned off on here too.

Conduit
30-08-07, 17:39
You could try disabling the intro movie, apparently it works for some ppl.
see here (http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=175630&postcount=2) for instructions on how to do it.
Also, you should make sure you have the latest DirectX updates. This link (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en) should work hopefully. Oh, and try disabling any anti-virus software and see if that makes a difference.
Good luck!

nobby
31-08-07, 12:45
Ok I finally fixed it after a Format, reinstallation of windows and using the modded INF drivers off laptop2go.com

:)

I get a nice fps of 155 in the CS stress test on highest res

Bioshock has a not so smooth fps on my system... and company of heroes runs horribly :p

But I got my DX 10 here and waiting yay!

CoreInsanity
31-08-07, 16:15
You could try disabling the intro movie, apparently it works for some ppl.
see here (http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=175630&postcount=2) for instructions on how to do it.
Also, you should make sure you have the latest DirectX updates. This link (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en) should work hopefully. Oh, and try disabling any anti-virus software and see if that makes a difference.
Good luck!

Aye, the DX update fixed it :) Thanks.

Ok I finally fixed it after a Format, reinstallation of windows and using the modded INF drivers off laptop2go.com

:)

I get a nice fps of 155 in the CS stress test on highest res

Bioshock has a not so smooth fps on my system... and company of heroes runs horribly :p

But I got my DX 10 here and waiting yay!

Yea, there isnt much DX10 in Bioshock from what I can tell though :(

I get perfect FPS on all of them though :o

nobby
31-08-07, 17:16
guess I gotta find the right drivers for my games ;)