PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Best Live Music Gigs

Matanius
20-08-07, 21:27
Just purely out of interest, what are everyone's favourite music gigs they been to? Like maybe top 3 or something, in no particular order.

I guess mine are Metallica at Download festival '06 they even played the whole of the 'Master of Puppets' Album as it was the 20th anniversary of it :p

Then Prodigy at the same festival (same year too I think). Was quite simply amazing! played loads of their older stuff too which made it even better.

arrrgghhh I can't choose just a few, ermmm..... Dry Kill Logic at Southampton Joiners, One Minute Silence at Brighton Concorde and Machine Head at Southampton Guildhall. SOOO many more but It'd just start getting stupid.

C'mon peeps, anyone seen any huge bands? anything funny happen or amazing?

Have no idea why I'm starting this thread, just got curious.

Danae
20-08-07, 22:02
Tie for me :P

Alkaline Trio at the Pyramid in Portsmouth and Alkaline Trio at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA actually the second time was better, because my sweetie took me (and paid)

Matanius
20-08-07, 22:05
Tie for me :P

Alkaline Trio at the Pyramid in Portsmouth and Alkaline Trio at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA actually the second time was better, because my sweetie took me (and paid)
Can't say I like Alkaline Trio much (:p) but I have to say that Pyramid centre is a wicked venue, small enough that there's a great atmosphere but not so small that the whole place ends up being a mosh pit :D And I agree, tis always much better when someone else pays :cool:

Danae
20-08-07, 22:15
hehe well the hubby doesn't like Alkaline Trio much either, which maybe made it even better (ie he sucked it up and took me anyway). He's a Metallica/Slayer/Machine Head guy - I wanted to take him to see Machine Head/Megadeath/Heaven & Hell in Philly in early May, but he didn't make it here in time. Maybe next tour ;P

Anyway you're right, the Pyramid was a very nice venue, I felt like I was so close to the stage (I did accidentally end up in a mosh pit for a few seconds admittedly, but high tailed it outta there :P) My only complaint - emo/gothy/punky Portsmouth kids don't seem to use deodorant *hide* The Chameleon is far more intimate, two tiers - bottom one for the kiddies, and the upper for over 21's. Makes it for a much nicer experience if you are "more mature" :P Actually my top 3rd is the reunited (minus Jello) Dead Kennedy's. They redid "California Uber Alles" to "Pennsylvania Uber Alles" and it was hilarious. I got to go free as a VIP guest with a gal pal for a local radio station in 2005 at the Crowbar in State College, PA.

Matanius
20-08-07, 22:21
Lol, I don't think the emo/gothy/punky kids ANYWHERE use deodrant *also hides* Sounds like your guy likes the same sorta stuff as I do. And that's pretty cool about the VIP pass thing. One day I WILL get a VIP pass to some wicked gig, like maybe Iron Maiden's final tour, or maybe to a Guns 'n' Roses one so I can smuggle Slash onstage and punch Axl in the face :angel:

Dribble Joy
20-08-07, 23:43
Glasto, every time.

Jason Parker
21-08-07, 00:07
Alter Bridge 2005 on Area 4 Festival in Oberhausen, those guys are by far the best live act I've seen so far. That Gig was great about 500 people in a bigger tent, all singing along with the band. Everyone that saw this show felt sorry for the people that watched Nine Inch Nails, who were playing in parallel on the big stage outside and obviously had a bad day.

On second place definetly is Linkin Park opening a show for the Deftones in 2001 (if i remember right) in cologne.

Third place is definetly anytime I've seen "Die Ärzte" (A if not the german Punk Band), It's allways minimum 2:30 hours of fun. Longest show I've seen them play was 3:45 hours.

Judge
21-08-07, 01:25
Wacken. Been twice, in 06 and 07... fucking brilliant.

As for specific bands, I saw Opeth in Rock City (Nottingham) last... November I think. They are the best band that I've seen live, evar!