PDA

View Full Version : What would your fantasy patch notes contain?

athon
18-08-07, 18:52
This has been done before, but I thought it might be interesting to see what's changed since.

KK just released a patch that implements all the features you've been waiting for - what do the patch notes read?

For an example, here's my fantasy patch notes from a while back (http://nc.athon.me.uk/fantasy_patch_notes.html)

Fega
18-08-07, 19:12
I actually like most of the stuff you put in your "Patch Notes" :lol:

specranator
18-08-07, 19:57
"neocron 1 re-release from scratch"

then they can start from the begining and fix things the right way... sounds good anyways lol

Necro Phil
18-08-07, 21:00
"we fixed the netcode! PvP is possible again"

nobby
18-08-07, 21:20
" 30 coders taken on "

" New KK engine Beta applied "

blah blah I can't be arsed...

Strife
18-08-07, 21:48
We fixed the bugs that have been ignored for years.
Fixed the netcode.
Auto-squelch whiners on OOC.
Can't enter UG while in combat.
PPU's removed from game *g*

CoreInsanity
18-08-07, 23:42
1) Netcode, graphics engine have been redone / fixed. And all FREs, sync errors / crashes are gone.
2) Neocron has been upgraded in graphics to more modern DX9 graphics, so we dont have half the NPCs looking like classic, where as the other half look up to date (Some what). And the graphics look up-to-date.
3) All bugs in game have been fixed.
4) All classes have been balanced, but not to a point where PVP is bland because everything is the same.
5) Aimbots, dupes, etc have been prevented and are no longer possible.
6) Factions are back like they were in classic, and something useful has been made of DoY (Such as letting clans take sectors or it, think I saw that posted some where.).
7) All the expansions that were rumored (Tokeyo 2, I think it was) come in the patch.
8) Cars can actually make it up hills, and you dont hit a tree when you are easily 2 yards away from it.
9) You can now sort missions by: Type (Research, kill, etc), Tech Level (TL 10 - 150 cst / res / etc), difficulty (Very Easy, etc), type of kill mission (Kill roach / rat / etc). And the old system (AKA: Current) has been ditched and replaced by the new one.
10) GPS has been reinvented, and cars now have navray and can tell you how to get to specific points on the map (IE: You book mark a location / click a location on the map, and it tells you which way / raod to go to get there).
11) You can bookmark locations on navray, and tell it to show you how to get back there.
12) You are allowed to change the password on your starter app.
13) LEs are balanced, if not removed entirely.
14) Out posts can be expanded, built on to. New outposts can be created by players, and the map size has been increased considerable to make room for this.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Flame Bait
19-08-07, 00:37
Just offer an NC1 classic server I WOULD PAY EXTRA for that.

Apocalypsox
19-08-07, 01:59
...fucking NC1 lover idiots. NC1 was only better because of the fucking population and the weapons where more balanced.

Heres mine.

-We've implemented Combat Mechs (Your welcome apoc!)
-We have untangled the Netcode, things will run much smoother now, and clipping should be reduced by 99.8 percent or more.
-We have rebalanced all weapons after analyzing data taken from players, the TL of weapons, and the usability of all weapons (Melee damage has been dealt with)
We have rebalanced Nanites as to allow for more convenience of use. Spies don't have to have a PPU just to live WITH nanites now.
-Implemented new High-TL Nanite Heals for Spies. These heals last longer than standard nanite heals, providing a consistent stream of health over time, and are also stronger than the previous low-TL nanite heals, which where the only option for fully specced Nanite Spies.

Ill leave it there for now i guess...

CoreInsanity
19-08-07, 02:22
...fucking NC1 lover idiots. NC1 was only better because of the fucking population and the weapons where more balanced.

Heres mine.

-We've implemented Combat Mechs (Your welcome apoc!)
-We have untangled the Netcode, things will run much smoother now, and clipping should be reduced by 99.8 percent or more.
-We have rebalanced all weapons after analyzing data taken from players, the TL of weapons, and the usability of all weapons (Melee damage has been dealt with)
We have rebalanced Nanites as to allow for more convenience of use. Spies don't have to have a PPU just to live WITH nanites now.
-Implemented new High-TL Nanite Heals for Spies. These heals last longer than standard nanite heals, providing a consistent stream of health over time, and are also stronger than the previous low-TL nanite heals, which where the only option for fully specced Nanite Spies.

Ill leave it there for now i guess...

NC1 had less bugs too IMO. But yea, if they fix the problems on NC2 I think it would be better.

Btw, there is a reason that NC1 had more population :p One of them is we are all sick of waiting for the same god damn bugs that have been around since beta to get fixed...

aKe`cj
19-08-07, 03:03
here's mine:

Servers are being shut down on 1st of January to prepare the Neocron 3 beta stage.

Serious_Sam
19-08-07, 05:52
Why don't you guys just cut to the chase?

Patch note: "No problems will ever occur again ever."

Asurmen Spec Op
19-08-07, 06:57
Hmm:

Netcode has been updated, the code untangled and less lagy
Changed WoC to the implementation DJ thought up in his giant thread.
Balanced burst weapons and single shot
Fixed Nanites(I guess they are broked?)
added non-PA armour thats actually worth fucking wearing
Changes CST/RES to make macros not possible
Fixed exploits in zones which allow players to attack without taking damage.
Most importantly:
Added sunglasses and cigs :)

Apocalypsox
19-08-07, 07:40
Most importantly:
Added sunglasses and cigs :)

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY CIGS!

Every great sniper has to have a cig hanging out of his mouth when hes not in the field shoving a 7.62 up your ass :D

Zheo
19-08-07, 11:29
The changes I would make are TO great to write in a post so if KK really want to know they can ask, which they don't so they wont :p Not unless they want to write NC3 lol

rob444
19-08-07, 15:34
My fantasy patch notes:

Added 500 NPCs with a very good AI developed by secret governments, their behaviour is very humanlike and you can interact with them just like with humans - that means they can team up with you, do op wars, scam you, intimidate your mother among many other fascinating things!

zii
20-08-07, 22:53
sunglasses and fags

silent000
20-08-07, 23:00
Blow up women....I mean....Cool Guns 8|...Nono, blow up women is my final choice, i rele want to ask them why they look so suprised all the time :mad: they are hiding something i know it! :mad:

LiL T
20-08-07, 23:12
Hah...

Brought all weapons back to pre 2.2 ROF and realtered there damages accordingly to bring them back into balance.

The soulight system has been scraped, now faction sympathy controls item prices and missions a runner can take. Also a Runner will be shot at by faction gaurds if their faction sympathy is negative with that faction, runners are unable to buy items from shops if they have negative sympathy with the NPC's owning the shop and will be attacked.

Copbot damage further reduced, faction gaurds damage increased 2 times copbot damage, faction gaurds added to patrol in their factions territory, this includes outposts.

A Player shop system has been added.

New map zones added, these areas are lawless enter at own risk (quests, outposts, new items etc)

yawn why am I writing this post...

Nytewolf2k7
21-08-07, 01:45
All of the above and...

"We have just purchased the license to use cryENGINE2, developed by Crytek to be used in the game Crysis. cryENGINE2 will take Neocron to a whole new level."

Asurmen Spec Op
21-08-07, 02:08
All of the above and...

"We have just purchased the license to use cryENGINE2, developed by Crytek to be used in the game Crysis. cryENGINE2 will take Neocron to a whole new level."
personally, I think that using that engine is just about the worst thing you can do.

How many people could afford the hardware required? How many would use Vista currently? Besides, using a really shiney fucking engine doesnt make a good game.