PDA

View Full Version : UGs and OP fights. Cmon KK plz talk on this thread

VegaH
17-08-07, 15:41
OK,

As my last thread about apus is going into discussions about OP fights and stuff, lets make a new thread only for this....even if some stuff already been discussed in the past....isnt NC forum made for repeating all over again anyways? :lol:

I want KK to talk on this thread plz, because the fun of many people in your game depends on the fun of OP fights.

I throw some general ideas (not necesseraly new ideas btw, i just feel the need to get KK to answer the community sometimes and give clear explanations)....and you guys can discuss them:

* * * OP FIGHTS * * *

1- After layer 1 is down in OP fights, maybe the delay before you can hack the second layer could be increased, so that the defending clan can get just the little time to prepare quick to go fight, because as it is right now, after first layer is down, just the time you try to call your guys, the second layer is already down....dunno i just throw it in....you guys can discuss it. I guess it woudnt be hard to modify?

2- All UGs should look like the one at Redrock, flat in the floor, to avoid people to clip around like at Cycrow for example. I guess its not hard to modify?

3- All UGs should be replaced to a spot that is not near the hackterm, to force defending team to leave the UG spot, which would lead in my opinion to much better OP fights....I can give for example the setup at Cajun OP, it's very interesting in my opinion, but sadly not much OP fighting at this place since its not the easiest access point on the map. I guess moving a UG isnt that hard to modify?

4- Give back HABs to apus, to prevent having a team with 70% ppus and constant HABing....though i'm still not sure about this one since apus dies too fast and if no apus are alive, ppus will be able to rez as easy as they feel without getting HABed....so i dunno, i wanna hear your opinions.

5- Make AoE weapons so they do low damage on runners, but still high damage on mobs, so no lame AoE tactics are used at the OP fights....again this is only a suggestion to hear your comments guys.

I guess that's it.

Cya later

The VeGzoR

Torg
17-08-07, 16:30
remove the underground GR, so the defending clan needs to approach from the outside.
this way we will have battles over various distances again (like in the old days). the underground GR was created as an advantage to the defenders. but imho it does not work, it created UG-synclaming and UG-barrel-tactics instead. do we all really think this is the most fun we can have? any OP that's the property of a certain clan for more than a pre-defined time span should autospawn faction guards instead. just to counter cheap ninjaing.

aKe`cj
17-08-07, 16:40
should autospawn faction guards instead. just to counter cheap ninjaing.

If I want to have NPC fuck with the Player-vs-Player combat, I go to Plaza 2.
Keep OPs free of NPC guards! :mad:

1- After layer 1 is down in OP fights, maybe the delay before you can hack the second layer could be increased

2- All UGs should look like the one at Redrock, flat in the floor, to avoid people to clip around

3- All UGs should be replaced to a spot that is not near the hackterm, to force defending team to leave the UG spot, which would lead in my opinion to much better OP fights....

very good suggestions! http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Dribble Joy
17-08-07, 18:01
4- Give back HABs to apus, to prevent having a team with 70% ppus and constant HABing....though i'm still not sure about this one since apus dies too fast and if no apus are alive, ppus will be able to rez as easy as they feel without getting HABed....so i dunno, i wanna hear your opinions.
No. The reason HAB was moved to PPUs was so that they and APUs weren't the only classes that turned up at OP fights. The fact that APUs aren't that great in PvP compared to tanks isn't a reason to undo this change.

1 to 3 though I do think are some good suggestions.

Regarding 'cheap ninjaing', if you can't defend your OP all the time, don't complain. Lets not have the old Jupiter rules come back because of some whining.
Besides, it's them being 'lamers', not you.

danmalone
17-08-07, 19:41
idea 1..... i would like to see this implemented, alot of the times i have seen layer 1 go down, by the times we get sum ppl to the op layer 2 has already gone.

Idea 2..... also another very good idea.

Idea 3..... cant say ive eva fought at cajun, but if its anything like regant fort (a reasonable distance to run from ug to hackterm) then i would agree with VegaH, this would lead to much better op wars for definate.

Idea 4... i remember back in the good ol' days of nc2.1 with apus and their habs (used to love mine :p) putting habs on a ppu was not the bestest idea i seen, hence the fact that i rarely see apu's at op wars.... think bene teliax (sry if i spelt it wrong) is the only apu i seen at an op l8ly. I think if apu's got the hab's back it would increase the apu population.

Idea 5.... i wont comment on this 1, i can understand why u bring this up cause it can be rather gay sumtimes, but it aint summat i can see changing.

Nice post neways, me thinks i would support alot of what u said :D

ashley watts
17-08-07, 20:34
OK,

As my last thread about apus is going into discussions about OP fights and stuff, lets make a new thread only for this....even if some stuff already been discussed in the past....isnt NC forum made for repeating all over again anyways? :lol:

I want KK to talk on this thread plz, because the fun of many people in your game depends on the fun of OP fights.

I throw some general ideas (not necesseraly new ideas btw, i just feel the need to get KK to answer the community sometimes and give clear explanations)....and you guys can discuss them:

* * * OP FIGHTS * * *

1- After layer 1 is down in OP fights, maybe the delay before you can hack the second layer could be increased, so that the defending clan can get just the little time to prepare quick to go fight, because as it is right now, after first layer is down, just the time you try to call your guys, the second layer is already down....dunno i just throw it in....you guys can discuss it. I guess it woudnt be hard to modify?
*Like it* :)

2- All UGs should look like the one at Redrock, flat in the floor, to avoid people to clip around like at Cycrow for example. I guess its not hard to modify?
*As long as there are still spots for snipers and such, Good idea :)*
3- All UGs should be replaced to a spot that is not near the hackterm, to force defending team to leave the UG spot, which would lead in my opinion to much better OP fights....I can give for example the setup at Cajun OP, it's very interesting in my opinion, but sadly not much OP fighting at this place since its not the easiest access point on the map. I guess moving a UG isnt that hard to modify?
*Like it*
*Atm, i like PPU's having HAB, just i think PPU's should be killable*
5- Make AoE weapons so they do low damage on runners, but still high damage on mobs, so no lame AoE tactics are used at the OP fights....again this is only a suggestion to hear your comments guys.
*Don't like it , AoE should play a part in PvP aswell imo*
I guess that's it.

Cya later

The VeGzoR

Some quite nice ideas :) :)

$ir Mafia
17-08-07, 21:01
I think Vegaīs ideas are , besides from the NPCīs guarding the OP, very
good.

Dont like the Opīs where the UG Sync is near the Hackterm because itīs
not possible to get some good fights there, Regant Fotress is an exsample
of an good designed Outpost.

Personally i think the APU should get the HAB back but the PPU should keep
it too, so your team isnt doomed if you lose yer APU (which happens a lot, i die minimum 2 times at each fight with Tleilax).

srry for my spelling, i dont write that much in english lately
(besides from nonsense in ooc :P )

Bredahl
17-08-07, 21:18
<3 fighting at regants fortress.

Kierz
17-08-07, 21:42
shame it's spoilt by sxr.. never get a fight vs them there and you cant hold the op to let others attack you there cause they ninja it every damn time =[

ashley watts
17-08-07, 22:53
I think Vegaīs ideas are , besides from the NPCīs guarding the OP, very
good.

Dont like the Opīs where the UG Sync is near the Hackterm because itīs
not possible to get some good fights there, Regant Fotress is an exsample
of an good designed Outpost.

Personally i think the APU should get the HAB back but the PPU should keep
it too, so your team isnt doomed if you lose yer APU (which happens a lot, i die minimum 2 times at each fight with Tleilax).

srry for my spelling, i dont write that much in english lately
(besides from nonsense in ooc :P )

You still play :p ??, what chars :p ?

Apocalypsox
17-08-07, 23:16

No. Its a weapon system, just like a rifle or a pistol. If you know your being hit by massive amounts of AoE, either keep RUNNING or flank them. most AoE these days is Monks anyways, so recruit a few snipers with explosive hunters and ******** them.

nabbl
17-08-07, 23:48
apus and pes are able to antibuff and antiheal guys...

the damn nanites are just totally gimp -.-

so i just put some suggestions in here:

- Anti Nanites have to effect in another way. Instant antibuff like the HAB would be nice.

more will come when im not drunk i think :P

$ir Mafia
18-08-07, 05:01
You still play :p ??, what chars :p ?

Bene Tleilax on Terra ^^

CoreInsanity
18-08-07, 05:46
Some quite nice ideas :) :)

I agree with the comments you made on them in the quote - but I do not think every UG should look the same. While I see the issue, I think they should be re-made to cope with this a bit more (Having the same style UG woud just be retarded, and get old visually). The only problem I see with this is development power to actually go in and do it. If it comes down to it, I would rather look at the same UG and not have as big of a clipping problem, than have them spend time they could be using on something else on remaking the UGs so they dont all look the same (Its just visual, not a big game-impacting thing if they all look the same).

And yea, dont mess with AoE o.0

Faid
18-08-07, 08:18
shame it's spoilt by sxr.. never get a fight vs them there and you cant hold the op to let others attack you there cause they ninja it every damn time =[
I think its a shame Krazors clan has "spoilt" so many things in this game simply by always cheating and exploiting, they cheat every damn time =[

Zeninja
18-08-07, 13:45
Too much anecdotal to be taken into consideration imho.

That's an interesting idea, not to mention it's probably very easy to implement. I vote yes.

3- All UGs should be replaced to a spot that is not near the hackterm, to force defending team to leave the UG spot, which would lead in my opinion to much better OP fights....
Which would lead to the quasi-impossibility for the defending team (which already suffer the "surprise" effect) to stand a single chance saving their OP. I'd rather see the system brought back to the oldschool "one-layer" as a revolution, tbh.

Considering your main objective is to prevent UG camping there, I'd say your "flat UG" would do the job perfectly well instead.

4- Give back HABs to apus, to prevent having a team with 70% ppus and constant HABing....though i'm still not sure about this one since apus dies too fast and if no apus are alive, ppus will be able to rez as easy as they feel without getting HABed....
No, no, NO. You can already read my opinion on the subject in your "Apuage" thread if you like.

5- Make AoE weapons so they do low damage on runners, but still high damage on mobs, so no lame AoE tactics are used at the OP fights....
That's a frank NO again. AoE weapons are already underexploited enough in this game, don't make them totally useless.

Necpock
18-08-07, 14:08
Idea! omg this is brilliant :D

Leave things the way they are... -.-

"If it doesnt need fixing, why fix it?"

VegaH
18-08-07, 16:02
Which would lead to the quasi-impossibility for the defending team (which already suffer the "surprise" effect) to stand a single chance saving their OP. I'd rather see the system brought back to the oldschool "one-layer" as a revolution, tbh.

Considering your main objective is to prevent UG camping there, I'd say your "flat UG" would do the job perfectly well instead.

Zeninja, my main objective is to prevent UG zone whoring....which woudnt be solved only by making the UGs flat on floor....that's why i was to place UGs far from hackterm.....and plz....we defend our OPs everyday without needing to UGzonewhore and we still win....so your point of quasi-impossibility to defend your OP if the UG is far from hackterm just doesn't stand here.

But thanx for your other opinions.

Cya

Bredahl
18-08-07, 18:08
I think its a shame Krazors clan has "spoilt" so many things in this game simply by always cheating and exploiting, they cheat every damn time =[
Stop accusing us of cheating...? WE DONT CHEAT FFS!

The ppl that did something wrong HAVE been banned.. dont you think that KK are keeping a pretty good eye on us? If anyone did anything wrong they would get banned, so stfu with the cheat/exploid accusements ffs.

nabbl
18-08-07, 18:12
[ edited ]

athon
18-08-07, 18:43
These ideas have been around so long it's not even funny. Most of them are in my Fantasy Patch Notes (http://nc.athon.me.uk/fantasy_patch_notes.html) I wrote ages ago. (Not claiming any kind of credit, just indicating how long they've been around, since as you can see, that pages hasn't been updated in a while)

All the players know what needs to fixed, KK just don't seem to care.

Flame Bait
19-08-07, 00:32
u were Terraists when they banned some of them. its obvious that u did know of their abuse. nobody will ever trust u again...

Many of them were banned before in NC1 under different names for exploiting too. They were originally The Black Cartel on Saturn and the clan was disbanded by KK after many of its members were banned. [ edited ]

Even after most all of them were banned the few who returned using fake account details will swear none of this ever happened. It will happen again since a few of them are dedicated to wasting their lives cheating in NC because they can't do it elsewhere.

Props to KK for taking out the trash once again though its good to finally see positive changes. :)

Nidhogg
19-08-07, 00:38
Please, no more discussion of exploits or bans.

N

Strife
19-08-07, 01:39

Can we please have a discussion without this typical whining? The people that were cheating are gone, So go stamp your feet and bitch because you got pk'd by mean terrarists elsewhere. SXR is probably the last somewhat respectable clan left in this game that doesn't have to bitch/brag on OOC, so why bring your clan down ?

Eternal Pink
19-08-07, 04:52
Crazy idea but how about increasing the UG entrances to 3, the same as the number of layers you have to hack, and when you've hacked that UG's layer it locks it to the friendly side.

Would stop AoEing UG's since peeps could just come up from a dif one and would stop zone whoring with the UG's since you can lock them to prevent them doing it.

Faid
19-08-07, 16:19
Can we please have a discussion without this typical whining? The people that were cheating are gone
The problem is they are not gone strife, I saw buju in game yesterday... If we don't draw attention to it these people will ruin the game completely :angel: I just don't like the fact that cheaters and exploiters play this game is all.
Nid you should close this thread as its going no where and we all know KK won't do anything about the UG's at OP's.

Trep
19-08-07, 16:32
I love the Idea of a flat UG.

The OP-Traders should be banned in Buildings with Doors, needing a half Day to open.

Nidhogg
19-08-07, 16:36
The problem is they are not gone strife, I saw buju in game yesterday...
Please feel free to report this to helpdesk and we'll take a look. If people loan their accounts to banned users then they risk losing their accounts.

N

zii
20-08-07, 10:45
I dislike options 1 4 and 5.

I don't like option 2: Instead of moving the UG entrances why not solve the clipping problems.

I would like to disable the inbound UG GenReps. Make these outbound transit only. (i.e one way GenRep like the clan flats).

Where have the remote sentry bots gone to. These were quite useful. I have not seen these deployed recently, but then again I have been playing on Mars for the past month or so...

I cannot remember if this has changed, but does the forth level have to be hacked to secure the OP? If so, then is this still a gay, zone in and run to the terminal that is almost in front of the attacking hacker? This ought to have NPCs spawn and patrolling the area.

Strife
20-08-07, 22:30
[ edited ]

marsbarz
21-08-07, 03:57
Idea! omg this is brilliant :D

Leave things the way they are... -.-

"If it doesnt need fixing, why fix it?"

Agreed.

"This is a great idea!"
"That's the best thing I've ever heard!"

On paper, even communism sounded like a great idea.

Serious_Sam
21-08-07, 04:24
[ edited ]