PDA

View Full Version : Neocron jubilee

Chenoa
17-08-07, 11:28
Some of you may still remember what happened 20 days from now 5 years ago?
Or does the date 6th September 2002 ring a bell for the old schoolers?
Right, Neocron was born, it went retail. 5 years of good old Neocron, beloved and even "hated" from time to time.
But it's a little jubilee, me thinks =)

And for this I want to start something special. What it is exactly won't be revealed at this point, but rather a little surprise. However i need your help for this as much as possible.

5 years is a hell of a time, for some of you more and for the others less. In this time much has happened in Neocron but what exactly? That's the question!

What happened to YOU in these 5 years? What was the best memory for you, the most memorable experience for you, what do you never want to miss, what do you want to relive, what was the most beautiful event, the most important part of the story line in your eyes, who were the key players, key-clan and so on.
No matter what it is, it's concerning your character(s) not you in person. The memory, the statement or whatever it is should be based on RP as always (and not something like "this one and this one was the best coz he was so 1337" or just viewed only from the point of PvP).
Write to me with your most beautiful memory, the important one, the unforgettable one, in a few sentences and send it to me with the signature and the (former) server of your character (the more data mentioned, the easier to recognize you).
Even the most beautiful picture's (screen shots only in jpg, no bmp!) can be sent in together with a short description. Without picture description it's of no use (and please no "that's broken"-screen shots).

It's of no interest if it was NC1 or NC2 and if you still know the nearly (RL) point in time, just note it. Anonymous contribution are only allowed if there is at least one description of how and why.

So dig in the past of your character and please speak with former players to send me their most important memory.
I hope I'll get many replies, the more the better!

Some hints:
- Texts only in *.txt format (preferably no line breaks only breaks) with character name, clan name, (former) server, approximate point of time, not too long, no big stories or even novels
- pictures/screen shots in *.jpg format with description and character data
- if someone wants to take part with the input in a voting laters, to get some rewards in game, please state so together with your actual character, server and active account name.

Send all to me (3 postings at maximum) at contest@reakktor.info.
Deadline is august 27th 2007 after this time nothing more is possible.
And please don't wonder yourselves if you will get some questions eventually.

You will be able to see what was done on September 6th 2007, so let yourselves be surprised.
Furthermore there will be a "party" of course, but more of it later. Just remember the date!

For questions and suggestions I could be reached under the e-mail-address above.
Please leave Spam, Flame, OT and so on out of this thread!

Regards,
Yours Chenoa

Brammers
17-08-07, 13:33
Hmm got one done so far. Hope less than half a page isn't too long (200 words)

Edit: One question, can it be more than one character? Want to use Brammers for one (Maybe 2) and my monk character for another one.

silent000
17-08-07, 13:47
I think ill write one about when i met my fucking good friends eXL :(

Chenoa
17-08-07, 14:56
Hmm got one done so far. Hope less than half a page isn't too long (200 words)

Edit: One question, can it be more than one character? Want to use Brammers for one (Maybe 2) and my monk character for another one.

Yes of course, pls notice this for meh =)

Riddle
17-08-07, 15:33
may have to look at this! Been a while since Slip digby was in game!! he was the fool who got me into this back in 2003.

...and i'm still in game. May have to write a little note about one of Logan's experiences :)

Good to be celebrating 5 golden years of NC!!

Here's to another 5 !!

boreal
17-08-07, 15:51
think i will white about the old Merc clan that Dribble joy have once mad (yea i do remember) how the fun we get !!!

question, if i had no pic, will you take my request too ??

Brammers
17-08-07, 16:07
Good point boreal. I got 2 memories written so far, but not a suitable screenshot to go with them. Can we stage them, or photoshop them a bit?

Chenoa
17-08-07, 16:11
think i will white about the old Merc clan that Dribble joy have once mad (yea i do remember) how the fun we get !!!

question, if i had no pic, will you take my request too ??

of course, screens are possible, but not needed. We will collect all fine stuff you can remember =) Either screens or notes or both, doesn't matter =)

Brammers
17-08-07, 17:33
Gah 3 postings maximum? I've already written 3, and I've got loads more I can write and would like to write. Is anyone else having the same problem? :lol:

Dribble Joy
17-08-07, 17:52
I'm trying to dredge the recesses of my mind for an actual distinct memory.

The only one I can think of (and which is vaguely apt) is my first kill with my kami.

zii
17-08-07, 18:01
ahh. walking outside Neocron's outzone and realising that there was a world outside, and Lone wolves kill and why did I often die in a burst of green plamsa when I tried to attack the lone wolf in front of the gates to Neocron.

ashley watts
17-08-07, 20:36
5 years ehh :o, this is gonna bring back some memories, LONG LIVE NEOCRON ! ;D

sanityislost
18-08-07, 05:30
So many good memorys...shame i cant write good enough or that my memory
really sucks....i blame FA there policy of always drink beer while playing....or did i
just make that up :lol: :lol:

SiL ..:..

Apocalypsox
18-08-07, 06:01
Hehe NC1 was fucking epic. Ill find something.

Im going to write about a certain time when i was a little nub in NC1 :lol:

Chenoa
24-08-07, 08:17
Don't forget the deadline on monday, still waiting for your mails :angel:

Brammers
25-08-07, 16:09
Right sent mine...

phunqe
31-08-07, 14:14
Man I still remember that day vividly. We were all on IRC and as soon as the site opened we all pressed F5 like madmen to refresh the page (to get the registration page to show).

Some were screaming, some were crying.

I still have that IRC log around somewhere... I'll see if I can find it.

Serious_Sam
01-09-07, 00:17
So, any updates? Free WOC 3 PAs for all?

Chenoa
05-09-07, 10:22
So, any updates? Free WOC 3 PAs for all?

For what ??? It's your birthday or Neocron's ? ^^

btw. i've to move my surprise, i am sorry for. Have had many RL trouble the last 1-2 weeks, my internet connection was down nearly all the time. Yesterday i got my new internet connection and it's working fine again, so i am able to continue the work on this. Will of course announce it here, when it's done.

The ingame stuff is in work and will be finished tomorrow of course. The rest is not forgotten, only moved. This was act of nature. Also the dyn run contest isn't forgotten, only still waiting for a few mails (seems some of you should check your mailboxes / spamfilters).

Thx to the runners who searched in their archives and sent really nice stuff, nice moments of Neocron!

Chen

Brammers
06-09-07, 01:56
Something that I spotted just now while I was just on the THN was these posters done by Archeus's in NC1 http://www.techhaven.org/index.php?set_albumName=proproganda&option=com_gallery&Itemid=&include=view_album.php

I'm in 2 of them! :D