PDA

View Full Version : NC Machninima

solid-rock
15-08-07, 22:22
After watching the intro for Nabbls last movie i got the idea that neocron may be an excelent platform for something more than just pvp videos. I know a german clan already did a movie that introduces some story setting but in the end its a regular opwar after all. I whas thinking with a dedicated group of character's some awesome plotdriven films could be made both serius and, perhaps more insterestingly, sidesplitingly humorous.

Id quite like to hear from anyone whod be interested in helping to start up something like this. And id specially like to hear from anyone who might be willing to buil and/or host a webstie for it, if theres interest.

silent000
15-08-07, 22:51
Explain in a bit more detail, im not sure what u rele want to do :P but if its a nice idea i will help out all i can

solid-rock
15-08-07, 23:04
Basicly id want to make a series of frapsed shortfilms driven by a story (each in themselves or along an overall serial storyline) rather than by PVP. Basicly by recruiting members of the community and have them take on the role of their characters to star in these shortfilms, or act as extras.

One example could be a film folowing a group of Mercs asigned to guard duty in one of the many empty bunkers in the wastelands. A messenger arives and their first instinc is to ambush and kill him. The messenger dies pathetically trying to deliver the mesage meanwhile being pumped full of lead by the groups gentank and his speedgat (shooting the messenger). Having only gotten half the mesage the group gets the impresion that the base has been compromised and continues infiltrate and eliminate everyone inside. The film closes with a shot of 2 BD runners standing on a hill infront of the base watching the carnage and commenting on how all this friendly fire may pose a threat to their job security.

This is only an example plot and a bad one at that but i hope it ilustrates my point. Doing this would require some voiceacting by the stars and cooporation by the general community (we wouldnt want everyone getting killed off during shooting). I do think its doable however and may be a good way of awakening some interest in the community. And ofcourse its good neocron related entertainment.

Dribble Joy
15-08-07, 23:08
DJ tells me she would love to do this.

Asurmen Spec Op
15-08-07, 23:13
I've got a server with 4GB of space in canada with awesome speeds, I can pitch in some hosting

solid-rock
15-08-07, 23:15
Cool DJ we need well known stars for it :P.

Dribble Joy
15-08-07, 23:33
Well known?

Anyway, the one issue is that DJ is a girl, and I am not, so we will need to get one from somewhere.

silent000
15-08-07, 23:33
Cream Cracker also says yes :cool:

ashley watts
15-08-07, 23:41
Sounds kwl, ill help as much as i can :)

Tratos
16-08-07, 01:10
Hell, i'd reactivate an account to be even a bit-part of that.

Got a CRAP LOAD of webspace and bandwidth to use too.

solid-rock
16-08-07, 08:21
Well id say first step would be seting up a new forum for it all and then start recruiting people and planing from there.

Ishmael/Mystic
16-08-07, 10:36
*wave*

would love very much to lube people on camera :lol:

ermh seriously yeah sounds cool, i'll help anyway i can.

aKe`cj
16-08-07, 10:48
Well id say first step would be seting up a new forum for it all and then start recruiting people and planing from there.

I can fix that... got an idle nc domain anyway ;)
pm me your mail ad pls.

Brammers
16-08-07, 11:30
Sounds interesting, put me down on the list as well.

nabbl
16-08-07, 11:50
i can give some tips with recording and editing.. also rendering i think :)

feel free to ask

CMaster
16-08-07, 13:35
I've had a few machnima ideas for a while. Just haven't got around to actually carrying them out yet - getting people to voice act is the biggest problem really.

VegaH
16-08-07, 15:33
Really nice idea, I can be an actor with the babesuit lol :)

solid-rock
16-08-07, 15:43
By god i think weve got a film crew then :P. Just hope all of the pople who says they wanna help are willing to voiceactaswell he he :P. Not like everyone isnt already on vent or TS already.

nobby
16-08-07, 18:40
Nobby could play as the Annoying Twat from Pluto who used to advertise all his Services... then "Look at that Green Copbot!!!!" ---->............RUNS!..... :p

solid-rock
16-08-07, 18:57
Ok so seing as we have had a couple of people offer hosting now well have to decide witch one to go with. At any rate atleast one of you guys should gimme a shout on messenger ( mini_hawk@msn.com ) so we can setup a forum for this project and start working some on it. From the reaction to this thread in a relatively short span id say we have plenty of interested people to make it happend :D.

Now it needs a name aswell... The Neocron Filmmaker's Society? TNFS.

Tratos
16-08-07, 19:16
Well i'd deffinetly do some voice acting, it's just whether my voice is suitable enough :p

Dribble Joy
16-08-07, 19:19
Neocron Film Actors Guild?

solid-rock
16-08-07, 21:26
Well were not only actors where also cameramen, edtior's directors, writers, stuntmen and the ocasional fluffer.

Dribble Joy
16-08-07, 21:28
The reference is lost upon you then....

Anyway, I don't mind what it's called really.

I'm going to try to get hold of DF and she if she'll do my voice.

Matanius
16-08-07, 21:57
Sounds like a fooking great idea, count me in! :D

silent000
16-08-07, 22:25
Sounds like a fooking great idea, count me in! :D

/me strokes matan

athon
18-08-07, 18:48
Something that could be interesting, but I believe would need GM assistance due to name restrictions, would be "new broadcasts" about official (and unofficial) storyline events that includes "footage captured by reporters / runners on the scene".

solid-rock
18-08-07, 22:44
Something that could be interesting, but I believe would need GM assistance due to name restrictions, would be "new broadcasts" about official (and unofficial) storyline events that includes "footage captured by reporters / runners on the scene".

Im not exactly sure what youre talking about.

athon
18-08-07, 23:09
Im not exactly sure what youre talking about.
Thread topic: Movies using Neocron

My idea: Movies of some format (eg. news report) of official (and unofficial) Neocron events, using Neocron.

solid-rock
18-08-07, 23:29
But what are these name restriction your on about? Its perfectly feasible to fraps an event and put it in a news report without GM help.

athon
19-08-07, 10:37
But what are these name restriction your on about? Its perfectly feasible to fraps an event and put it in a news report without GM help.
As far as I know, player characters aren't allowed to have the names of any of the storyline characters (and even if they are, they're probably already taken by the staff who actually play those characters)/

solid-rock
19-08-07, 10:48
And why would we need to use the names of Storyline Chars?

1. Shoot the event with someone from the group apearing as a reporter on scene.

2. Shoot someone from the group in a purposely built appartment as the anchorman.

3. Have the 2 guys do their voiceovers and cut it all together.

No GM's required. Even if we need someone to look like an RP char it would only be a matter of dressing up the char to look the same and noone would be the wiser.

james_finn
19-08-07, 16:53
Thats not quite true, I was rather surprised at the end of NC1 to create a character called Madame Veronique - I thought that KK would have made sure none of the names used in the story could be used by players.

solid-rock
19-08-07, 18:09
Theres now a forum up for this project cutesy of Tratos. Drop by and introduce yourself if youre interested.

http://www.broken-reality.org/nc/forum/index.php

solid-rock
20-08-07, 17:33
I cant help but notice that despite the large number of people who pledged their support to this project only 3 people have acually been to the forums and introduced themselves. Wherd everyone go?