PDA

View Full Version : Talking about APUage

VegaH
07-08-07, 18:29
Hi guys,

I just wanna throw this in (maybe KK can talk on this too plz):

1) I would like to know if its in any plan to bring back some kind of higher frequency on the apu spells (maybe with WoC or something?).

2) I would like to know if it could be possible to bring back the stackable effects of some spells to make apus attractive again such as the poison beams and maybe the fire spells....this feature was cool imo.

Thats it.....Thanx for your opinions and/or ideas. :angel:

Kalonji Faya
07-08-07, 18:47
Apu have been totally killed : low frequency, no more stack...

before when I saw an apu I knew I could die quickly, now I laugh at him even with a wyatt earp in hand 8|

ashley watts
07-08-07, 20:38
before when I saw an apu I knew I could die quickly, exactly why they got nerfed :p but with the current situation of the clipping apus nowadays simply aim for the legs and leg it and keep shooting you proofs quite efficient actually

LiL T
08-08-07, 04:00
Apu have been totally killed : low frequency, no more stack...

before when I saw an apu I knew I could die quickly, now I laugh at him even with a wyatt earp in hand 8|

even with an earp eh?

My god fool non ammo modded earp destroys monks, I did try an apu on test server during balancing changes and well the freq was annoying but I felt like I had more defence than normal could have been increased hitpoints. I lost all fights I think but only just, I think if they are still the same from back then they would need a small boost in spell freqency but reducing damage also.

You know its just the whole nerfed freqency thing that annoys people, it don't feel right considering the APU's could hammer that HL befor balancing

jini
08-08-07, 08:51
APUs are fine as they are: a pure OP fighter if specced right that need the help of a ppu to survive. Sometimes the best might try some small duels in pp1, but the apus are not build for duels, it means you can kill them easily with any gun you choose. APUs are no more the overpowered class they were once. After 5 years of pure pwnage, the APU is now balanced in terms of power with other classes, but suck in con setups.

So Vegah, just forget oldtime apus with out-of-this-world frequencies and the most overpowered weapons. Try them, they are fun but they also die easily. If you cant handle them go make a tank like most noobs do. If you think you are skilled try playing a spy or an apu, like krinahk and hellbabe and poupoune does. How many of you can kill those three in dueling? I bet not many. Krinahk and poupoune also fight alone. NO ppu buffs.

Edit: there is also another reason why they cant raise frequencies:
if they do raise freqs, they will have to lower damage output in order to keep them balanced right? yes
Now if there dmg is lowered then that means, they need to expose themselves even more in order to hit more. Assuming that their con/armor stays the same exposing more simply means they get hurt more, and this is where the apu hurts now. The APU deals lots of damage in one shot and then goes hide to avoid death. Its THAT simple :rolleyes:

Tessler
08-08-07, 11:19
I kinda agree with jini. But APUs are only playable at the moment because of the clipping. In open field (like in duels) an apu is droppin like a fly even when he is ppu buffed. The netcode situation is an advantage for APUs.

Its not easy to fight an APU in pp because only 50% of your own shots are hittin the APUs when he is runnin around corners but 100% of the APU dmg is hittin you. And thats exactly what the apus do you have named in your thread jini. I can understand that and i do the same when im logged in on my apu.

Kalonji Faya
08-08-07, 11:46
so I'd rather keep my apu for pp fights and bring my PE to op fights ??!
I agree APU are balanced now, but it lost big part of its dream ...

APU was my first char, I played Hyb, APU and PPU on NC1, and APU and PPU at the beginning of NC2 and now I almost no longer log my apu but my PE ... where are scaring APU's we saw before ??!

I think they should raise con and freq w/o changing dmg but just lower ppu buff effects on apu so its viable w/o ppu butt-plugged ... or delete the class :D

jini
08-08-07, 11:58
What was once the easiest and most powerful class to play, is now the most demanding one, with spies following them. The easiest? the tank of course.
This is what 2.2 brings alongside balance.
APUs are better suited for OP fights, not PP1 fights, which btw are NOT fights. PP1 is a substitute for the real deal, which is obviously OP wars.
And yes there has to be a rotation. in 2.1 there were apus and pes. now its tanks. In a year or so I want some beefed up spy :rolleyes:

VegaH
08-08-07, 14:54
Jini......as usual you really don't get the point...

I still play my apu all the time i can in OP fights and i dont whine about them taking damage.....and I also don't ask for them to be as powerfull as they might have been if people never understood that melee tank with ppu was stronger than apu + ppu in the past tbh....All I'm asking for is to get higher frequency and to get spells stackable again to get that fun feeling that we had before...I want stacks back to be able to kill people that zone whore. I don't care if they need to reduce a bit the damage per hit if it's needed....but at least it would make apus needing to aim very good again...and would give back this quick feeling of speed hitting.

Plz KK answer this thread to tell us if anything is planned for apus..such as WoC or something.

Dribble Joy
08-08-07, 15:44
I want stacks back to be able to kill people that zone whore.
And what about the rest of us? Or do you want all PP fights to be exclusively monks?

As for APUs, as with a lot of the weapons/classes, the issue is the tanks and the overpowered weapons. Their dmg is actually quite good, easily higher than an xbow.

VegaH
08-08-07, 15:59
Holy fuckin christ.....

How many times do i have to fuckin say my thread is not about the fuckin damage output of the apus.....it's about the fuckin frequency and the fun to play them.

Fuckin put the damage down if you want but put back decent frequency to get a fun feeling.

Holy man....can't people read or what?

CMaster
08-08-07, 16:27
KK have said that they tried to increase APU frequency and it didn't work. So sadly that isn't likley to happen.

I still hold that he best thing to do with APUs is not to bring them back to being the top damage dealers, in fact if anything nerf their damage some more. And then make them the true opposite of PPUs. Where the PPU supports others, the APU makes oher's life harder. PPU shields, APU damage boosts. PPU heals, APU antibuffs. PPU primes, APUs have another negative status attack (drains stamina? hampers some combat skills? Want something else for APUs to do that isn't para). Then give APUs some useful abilites for PvM as well (mob-only para? something that effects the AI?)

jini
08-08-07, 16:28
Holy fuckin christ.....

How many times do i have to fuckin say my thread is not about the fuckin damage output of the apus.....it's about the fuckin frequency and the fun to play them.

Fuckin put the damage down if you want but put back decent frequency to get a fun feeling.

Holy man....can't people read or what?
People can read. Apparently you can't... :rolleyes:
The subject of APU frequency has already been answered after Nabbl and I were asking that same question. What they had said back then, in the balance discussions was, that they wanted to keep the low frequency/high damage. So, if you cant fucking read, then just fucking open your ears :p
Now after some time has passed by, I still they were right, because again, they are looking at the big picture the rest of us don't.

VegaH
08-08-07, 18:56
Jini....I'm not talking about the past threads that happened somewhere randomly in the past....I'm just discussing about the fun to play a class....and the real fun of playing apus was that hammering feeling....I still say again that I'm not talking here about the damage they deal and I dont want apus to be top damage dealers again (so noone can whine at me when i kill someone on my apu)....but i want them to bo more fun again like they were..

And what about the stacking spells Jini??? Do you have a scientific answer to me why they needed to remove this cool feature for apus?

jini
08-08-07, 20:01
Here we go again...
All these issues -except the stacks- have been answered in that thread back then, when balance was raised about apus.

Now about the stacks, well suddenly KK decided to remove stacks. Its not my game. I want to have stacks on my rifles as well. Everyone wants...

Seraphin[69]
08-08-07, 20:31
I still say again that I'm not talking here about the damage they deal and I dont want apus to be top damage dealers again (so noone can whine at me when i kill someone on my apu)....but i want them to bo more fun again like they were..

Well according to KK the damage were supposed to be :

APU > Canon > rifle > pistols

And ATM we have the APU far behind the 3 others ^^

Bredahl
08-08-07, 21:12
/Votes for APUs to get stack dmg back tbfh.

Torg
08-08-07, 22:03
no more elves. neither apus.

jini
09-08-07, 06:57
I think that the problem of stack damage relates with the frequency problem, in that apus rare spells have very low frequency/ very high damage and a stacking spell woulda rated the whole thing lame. I mean, if you take 200 per hit from a FA, then a stacked FA would have killed you in a snap. And if so, why, just for the fun of it dont we resurrect spirited SH?

Seraphin[69]
09-08-07, 11:46
I just want the freq to be increased at least to Xbow's level...

I mean I want to kill mobs on my apu again ffs

Kalonji Faya
09-08-07, 12:20
KK have said that they tried to increase APU frequency and it didn't work. So sadly that isn't likley to happen.

I still hold that he best thing to do with APUs is not to bring them back to being the top damage dealers, in fact if anything nerf their damage some more. And then make them the true opposite of PPUs. Where the PPU supports others, the APU makes oher's life harder. PPU shields, APU damage boosts. PPU heals, APU antibuffs. PPU primes, APUs have another negative status attack (drains stamina? hampers some combat skills? Want something else for APUs to do that isn't para). Then give APUs some useful abilites for PvM as well (mob-only para? something that effects the AI?)

Totally agree with you !! bring back HAB to apus !!

Riddle
09-08-07, 14:44
My APU = MY New resser ( what other use has he?)

at least until they sort this shit out O_o

Faid
09-08-07, 16:30
Its sad my APU was my main char, now I only log him on for clan business/politics. No more fighting with him :(
bring back kami chips as well as spirit mods :p

Kierz
09-08-07, 18:57
Try them, they are fun but they also die easily. If you cant handle them go make a tank like most noobs do. If you think you are skilled try playing a spy or an apuerr... or for some better more realistic advice for the noobs out there, just make a spy/pe, choose an overpowered woc weapon and stealth+clip whore like most of the noobs on the server..

on topic, apu's work fine in a team enviroment if they can avoid being noticed, one on one they're pretty quick to die =]

jini
09-08-07, 20:06
err... or for some better more realistic advice for the noobs out there, just make a spy/pe, choose an overpowered woc weapon and stealth+clip whore like most of the noobs on the server..

Nothing like the beefed up clipwhore tank running around pillars, UGs, Buildings and all that, trust me. Some people fail to understand that tanks get the BEST con setups: Great resists(with or without ppus) + Huge health pool + Supersonic speed doesnt exactly classifies leet skillz does it?
What is wrong with the stealth tool spies use?

Bredahl
10-08-07, 00:54
Jini the Xbow PE have spoken.. :rolleyes:

jini
10-08-07, 07:51
Look up :D :D ^^^

Kierz
10-08-07, 13:10
What is wrong with the stealth tool spies use?it makes them untargetable with non-aoe weapons, thus giving them a near-godmode.. which inturn means every half decent (or semi intelligent) spy/pe stealth whores as soon as they're in danger of actually dying.. tanks just run for cover or clip as you call it
Some people fail to understand that tanks get the BEST con setups: Great resists(with or without ppus)do they? i mean, yeah with ppu's tanks are the strongest.. but don't pe shields as well as pretty damn nice armour setups and stupidly good force/piercing give them better resists than a solo tank? (i don't actually know tbh, it just seems like it to me, and always was pre-2.2)

sorry for going OT =[

nabbl
10-08-07, 14:47
[QUOTE=Kierz]do they? i mean, yeah with ppu's tanks are the strongest.. but don't pe shields as well as pretty damn nice armour setups and stupidly good force/piercing give them better resists than a solo tank? (i don't actually know tbh, it just seems like it to me, and always was pre-2.2)[QUOTE]

lol are you just stupid or have you never even checked your log files?

or just use nskill or sth like that -.-

Kierz
10-08-07, 14:52
sorry i stopped caring about that part of the game a while ago, i only recently gave my tank an actual balanced con setup, before it was just in the "tempory" wherever i felt like putting them (just so they're not free points), its not much better now really but still :p

so anyway, i'll guess from your sarcasm pe shields don't help as much as they used to? i'm still pretty sure pe's seem to take less damage tho.. and ofc i haven't checked those stupid damage log things or bothered to download one of the new neoskillers, the old ones were never accurate anyway so not much point :p

jini
10-08-07, 14:56
No Krazor they dont. Tanks get the best setups with or without ppus.

Listen to that then:

If you really believe that spies are in godmode, then how come I never seen you in OP fights using one? Im using my spy in OP fights, why dont you use yours?

jini
10-08-07, 14:58
sorry i stopped caring about that part of the game a while ago, i only recently gave my tank an actual balanced con setup, before it was just in the "tempory" wherever i felt like putting them (just so they're not free points), its not much better now really but still :p

so anyway, i'll guess from your sarcasm pe shields don't help as much as they used to? i'm still pretty sure pe's seem to take less damage tho.. and ofc i haven't checked those stupid damage log things or bothered to download one of the new neoskillers, the old ones were never accurate anyway so not much point :p
Forget about nskills or log files. Just add what you get from armor + con points. It's THAT easy

VegaH
10-08-07, 15:03
Jini,

1rst: Your out of topic....so shut up.

2nd: Does it mean because one class is higher than the other that you cannot play another class that you prefer?

3rd: About the stacking spells, your still completely fuckin stupid about thinking the damage output would be 4 times higher.....AS I SAID 4 TIMES NOW....they could lower the damage per hit but make it stackable again (just for some spells as poison and maybe fire).....so a bad aiming apu would do less damage than he does now......but a good apu would be able to reach higher damage than he does now (if he can actually expose himself long enough for that....which would mean the enemy hes fighting against really deserves to die)....so this would balance the sort of "apu skilled players"..

What about that?

VegaH
10-08-07, 15:05
I also forgot to mention :

Don't forget that Resist PSI is now working......

jini
10-08-07, 15:16
Ok everyone can understand why Vegah is not exactly the cleverest example humanity can present :p...

We heard you the first time, now read my lips and copy:

THEY DONT WANT TO RAISE FREQS. which in turn means:
THEY CANT IMPLEMENT STACKED DAMAGE bcz its lame

If you want to use high speed spells, use the Halos.. nub
What does the PSR has to do with your topic? nub

Edited.. I meant raised you noobster

VegaH
10-08-07, 15:18
Lower freq??? Who asks for lowering freq???

VegaH
10-08-07, 15:20
And the PSI Resist has to do that if you think apus does too much damage....it might mean your tweaked setup need to be seen again for some more resist psi maybe?

jini
10-08-07, 15:28
Vegah, I was using PSR since the test server... :cool:

VegaH
10-08-07, 15:31
I don't say you don't use it.....I said u should use it MORE if you feel apus are doing too much damage....seems like you're always never able to read well......go back to school my little whining friend.

:D

Bredahl
10-08-07, 15:44
Look up :D :D ^^^
But i dont whine about tanks, do i? ;)

jini
10-08-07, 16:09
I don't say you don't use it.....I said u should use it MORE if you feel apus are doing too much damage....seems like you're always never able to read well......go back to school my little whining friend.

:D

Vegah, I can cope with everything in this life, except stupidity. Your train of thoughts is derailed. I never whined about apus doing too much damage. Try reading again why I think they canceled stacks. Again, its my view of things, or a way I interpret it.
Anyway this is boring, read back if you want an answer, or wait for KK to answer to you :lol: ;) :cool:

solling
10-08-07, 18:44
i think spies and tanks are pretty even as it is now without ppus ofc.
spies and pes got the l33t woc weapons and nanites and tanks got con.

nabbl
10-08-07, 19:13
i think spies and tanks are pretty even as it is now without ppus ofc.
spies and pes got the l33t woc weapons and nanites and tanks got con.

erm ... and what happens when Tanks got some more woc weapons? Oo

Vampire222
10-08-07, 20:25
Jini really seems to feel the need to grief on everyone who was in his former clan before he left/got kicked/whateva... Resulting in forum flaming to anyone fitting the description... Mods somehow do not feel the need to react to his constant flaming and abuse?

Faid
11-08-07, 14:34
Because the mods are not stupid Vamp. Everyone in here including the Mods view it as you guys flaming Jini, not the other way around. You ruined your supposed front of intergrity when you publicised that website of yours and we all got to see your Clans true colors.

Vampire222
11-08-07, 15:10
Faid what the hell does our clan website have to do with constant flames and accusations, mind to elaborate... You SXR guys got a website also, does this mean i can flame you too all i want?

CMaster
11-08-07, 15:25
Faid what the hell does our clan website have to do with constant flames and accusations, mind to elaborate... You SXR guys got a website also, does this mean i can flame you too all i want?

The fact that when the forum was linked, it was full of screenshots of various exploits clan members had been up to?

That said, I take no position in the Jini vs ex-terrarists arguments.

Vampire222
11-08-07, 15:36
Various, all i could see screenshots of were the appts.

jini
11-08-07, 17:08
Vamp, you just dont know the facts.
What terrarists was once, sadly is no more. There are a selective 2-3 people I blame for this, and you are not one of them. That lame forum and one of its moderators, just prove my case and the reason why that clan is no more.
And no it wasn't Pabz, nor smurf.

Actually there are not many people that knows what happened and why, and I am one of them.

Anyway all these are now gone for good, a bad stain of the past, posts like this has nothing to do with APUs, therefore close this thread if there's no need to exist, to avoid flames

onero S
12-08-07, 06:01
Ok, First of all, Lets keep this on topic.

APUs are fine as they are: a pure OP fighter if specced right that need the help of a ppu to survive. Sometimes the best might try some small duels in pp1, but the apus are not build for duels, it means you can kill them easily with any gun you choose. APUs are no more the overpowered class they were once.

Ok, so let me get this.

Apus are a pure op fighter that needs a ppu
Ppus are a support char that need others to be effective
Hybrids no longer exist.

So you're telling me the entire monk class is relegated to being an op class?

You state that apus used to be overpowered, you have no idea what you're talking about. Apus were never overpowered at all. Hybrids were overpowered and apu/ppu teams were overpowered. What should have happened is the effects of ppu spells (forign cast) should be reduced by your apu points, hence balancing apu/ppu teams (apus still die faster than other chars but do more dmg).

Apus still are not even the best op waring, they are a class that is best at nothing and proficent at very little, you, an x bow pe, has a lot of nerve talking like you do when you, for the entirety of the time that x bows have existed, should have been able to take down non supported apus in most even situations.

Bredahl
12-08-07, 06:31
Ok, so let me get this.

Apus are a pure op fighter that needs a ppu
Ppus are a support char that need others to be effective
Hybrids no longer exist.

So you're telling me the entire monk class is relegated to being an op class?

You state that apus used to be overpowered, you have no idea what you're talking about. Apus were never overpowered at all. Hybrids were overpowered and apu/ppu teams were overpowered. What should have happened is the effects of ppu spells (forign cast) should be reduced by your apu points, hence balancing apu/ppu teams (apus still die faster than other chars but do more dmg).

Apus still are not even the best op waring, they are a class that is best at nothing and proficent at very little, you, an x bow pe, has a lot of nerve talking like you do when you, for the entirety of the time that x bows have existed, should have been able to take down non supported apus in most even situations.

Agrees, agrees, agrees, agrees, agrees..

And for the love of... something, give APUs some fun -> GIVE THEM STACKABLE SHIT AGAIN! :angel:

jini
12-08-07, 07:15

You have no idea of what you are talking about. Just because you couldnt aim your apu doesnt mean Apus were not overpowered. Overpower= capped HL @ 105 rof with old monks aim, need I say more?
Apus were overpowered, however pure apus had no means to heal other than medkits. I have known quite many apus that were fighting solo (SIL) in the wastes using medkits. The hybrid was more balanced for solo pvp, because it also had the ability to heal/basic shield, by losing slight HL power. I wont even speak of apu/ppu/paraspam teams, that could waste an entire OP fighting team on its own. Now if thats balance... well

Bredahl
12-08-07, 17:05
The ONLY problem was the apu/ppu teams.. solo apus died fucking easy, hybs was a bitch to fight, but fun and challenging..
Man i miss my old judge PE :mad:

onero S
12-08-07, 18:55
You have no idea of what you are talking about. Just because you couldnt aim your apu doesnt mean Apus were not overpowered. Overpower= capped HL @ 105 rof with old monks aim, need I say more?
Apus were overpowered, however pure apus had no means to heal other than medkits. I have known quite many apus that were fighting solo (SIL) in the wastes using medkits. The hybrid was more balanced for solo pvp, because it also had the ability to heal/basic shield, by losing slight HL power. I wont even speak of apu/ppu/paraspam teams, that could waste an entire OP fighting team on its own. Now if thats balance... well

I'm not sure you read my post. I agree, apu/ppu teams were overpowered. I said that. Hybrids were not balanced for solo pvp though perhaps thats harder for you to see being a pe, but the only support for your point that apus were overpowered is that they get 105 rof on their hl?

So what? They are supposed to do the most dmg. Back in the day, if I took my apu and I stood still shooting at one of my friends on their tank who was also standing still while they shot at me, I would die first, somwhat regardless of the weapon. Yes there were apus that solo pvpd in the wastelands using medkits. They did fine as long as it stayed a 1v1 (though they won't always win). They were never ok in group pvp (unsupported) but this was somwhat made up for by their power with a ppu.

I propose to bring solo apus (1v1) back to where they were, buff apus pvping in groups unsupported (give them a more powerful medkit that breaks on dmg or if you fire), and nerf apu/ppu teams as compared to old days.

If you had issues with old pure apus then I'm sorry, back before tl 10 heals PEs did have it the worst against them, but every class has others that are harder to take down. Tanks (melee and cannon) did quite well against apus and a good spy with shelter is also a winner since they could stealth and heal and comeback when the apu was still at 1/3d hp if need be.

Anyway, I'm curious jini what your response to this will be.

I've tried to give examples and reasons in support of my opinions, the only thing I've heard you say is hl had a 105 freq and some apus used to pvp in the wastelands and do ok before they went and healed for 5 minutes with medkits hoping no one came across them.

solling
12-08-07, 20:14
erm ... and what happens when Tanks got some more woc weapons? Oo
that will never happen :p

Serious_Sam
12-08-07, 21:28
I'm just wondering what would happen if monks were changed so you still have your APU, but Holy buffs are removed. This is so changes can be made in chips and setups so hybrids are viable (so you can at least solo), and if you want to PPU purely you can with Blessed spells. Of course the Blessed spells can be modified somehow so a pure PPU can still get good results from a pure setup.

What i'm getting at is one class with 3 possibilities without the risk of them getting too overpowered.

Just a thought.

jini
13-08-07, 09:06
I fail to see the problem with apus myself.
They seem to be fine. I have met them in OP fights, they fight extremely well. They are fast. Yes there resists suck, but that was intended. Their power and ease in aim compensate for that. Of course in an ideal situation where no lag/clipping would existed the apu would be very hard to survive. They are fine as they are.

nabbl
13-08-07, 09:12
I fail to see the problem with apus myself.
They seem to be fine. I have met them in OP fights, they fight extremely well. They are fast. Yes there resists suck, but that was intended. Their power and ease in aim compensate for that. Of course in an ideal situation where no lag/clipping would existed the apu would be very hard to survive. They are fine as they are.

the problem is, that its just boring to play an apu.

u cant antibuff people anymore and the frequency of spells is much too slow.

VegaH
13-08-07, 15:11
Agreed....

I tried some apu hybrid setup loming in NF just to test for fun and what i can see is that the major problem comes from the lack of heal when u want to make hybrid apu setup with the tl 10 heal lets say...

The basic shields are a bit shitty as well but if it could re-heal faster, maybe the apu hybrid class could be existing again?

I tested the setup with all basic shields...exepted with blessed deflector...didnt get a chance to test with DB though....and didnt test the tl 3 heal compared to tl 10....any of you did?

Last thing......everyone talks about Apus in the past were powerfull.....am I really the only one that ppued some good melee tanks that were raping easily those supposedly overpowered apus or what??

Seraphin[69]
13-08-07, 16:11
A lot of things changed...

APU got nerfed badly from 105 to 32/min, got their CON attacked by the change of requirement on PA/underwears, with the introduction of FORCE resist, with the removing of HAB and so on

You cannot use him to level anywhere now if you don't use the barrel (with the high chance of killing yourself)

You cannot shot a single mob with holy lightning anymore because you do less damage than a TL80 gun over time (if not less)

You cannot call targets in an opwar anymore, you cannot use a direct damage weapon anymore (poison), the freq is awefully bad, the damage output is inferior to a lower TL WOC pistol and all you can rely on is the stupid netcode that allow you to clip for ages around buildings (if they don't one shot your legs with ion pistol or whatever...)

Get a ppu + apu vs ppu + anything the other team will still win

ppu + apu vs ppu + spy with ion shotgun TL 97 : spy wins
ppu + apu vs tank + ppu with ion canon : tank wins
ppu + apu vs PE + xbow : PE wins

I've never seen a ppu + apu team endanger myself when I have a ppu aswell since I'm playing 2.2. More than that it makes me laught...

APU are supposed to be the TOP damage dealer. Just bring them back to the highest damage output with a 60/min freq or 105/min with damage/2.

solling
13-08-07, 19:24
apus as they where back before 2.2 was really fine. but with a ppu blah, thats the core of the problem, ppu supported apus . If we could find a way to make them suck with ppu buffs :p then i would be happy to have them back the way they where.

onero S
13-08-07, 19:28
apus as they where back before 2.2 was really fine. but with a ppu blah, thats the core of the problem, ppu supported apus . If we could find a way to make them suck with ppu buffs :p then i would be happy to have them back the way they where.

Apu points reduce the effect of forign cast ppu spells. There, done, apus are fine again.

And give apus antibuff, ppus can keep it, but give apus a verison too.

VegaH
13-08-07, 19:31
Guys, you gotta remember something though,

Back in 2.1, the skill Resist PSI wasnt working......now it is.

So people CAN spec for it if they feel the need for it.

onero S
13-08-07, 19:34

Agreed, and the level of reduction to ppu spells on an apu can be tweaked, that was supposed to be the point of 2.2 to allow small tweaks like this. But its definitly better to underbuff and then buff more later, than to buff it too much and then have to nerf it.

a4nic8er
14-08-07, 01:43
Another aspect of APU was nerfed as well. Range. Pistols and melee are the only things that don't out-range an APU now. :(

SorkZmok
14-08-07, 09:30

Alright.

Tanks: Can not spec ANY resist psi.

Monks: Can not spec ANY resist psi without gimping their main skills.

Spies: Three choices to make: No resist psi, meaning they can heal and use a combat buff. Some resist psi, so they can only use a TL 3 heal that heals so bad it's just not worth using anymore. Full resist psi, taking away the ability to heal themselves. If KK would finally fix the stupid nanite heal, spies could actually get some resist psi. But let me tell you, that's just not gonna happen. :(

PEs: They can actually have some resist psi. But mind you there's special tools for PEs to antibuff, if those would actually work PEs could not have ANY resist psi if they wanted to use those.

So, amazing skill. Thank god KK finally fixed resist psi. :lol:

VegaH
14-08-07, 16:56
Yo Kapow,

First : Tanks dont need resist psi as they already resist good enough tbh...

Second : Monks don't really need resist PSI as were talking about a class itself.....ppus resist well...and apus...well....its going to be apu vs apu duel so its allright....best aim wins. Find me an apu that would whine he takes too much damage from another apu :)

Third: PEs can spec for it as you said, so its all fine

Fourth: Spies...........well..not my prob if KK don't fix nanites. So fuck the spies, they can stealth away :)

So everything being solved out here, give me back some frequency on spells now :)

Cya

Flame Bait
15-08-07, 12:13
Only girls play monks and we know there are no real girls in NC. :lol:

jini
15-08-07, 17:10
Yo Kapow,

First : Tanks dont need resist psi as they already resist good enough tbh...

Second : Monks don't really need resist PSI as were talking about a class itself.....ppus resist well...and apus...well....its going to be apu vs apu duel so its allright....best aim wins. Find me an apu that would whine he takes too much damage from another apu :)

Third: PEs can spec for it as you said, so its all fine

Fourth: Spies...........well..not my prob if KK don't fix nanites. So fuck the spies, they can stealth away :)

So everything being solved out here, give me back some frequency on spells now :)

Cya
Yo Vegah,
Allow me to correct you some :p
1. PEs are able to but a good PE simply doesn't. Other matters are more important. You don't play the class so its fine you dont know why.
2. Actually the spy is the ONLY one that can afford some resist Psi, and he must.
3. Also the APU can afford to spend say 5 from APU to PSR its not exactly terrible loss, and I bet so does the PPU.

So, from what you implying is to fuck the spies and give us back the old monks :p 1111!!!!

Tarn
16-08-07, 04:19
Vegah and Jini are both prostitutes, get back to work you filthy animals.

jini
16-08-07, 07:51
Shut up Tarn, and get back to the game and join us, in a quest to pwn Terrarists :p

jini
16-08-07, 10:25
The game as is atm is very focused around the ppu.
Maybe indeed, if we strip the ppu from habs, antiheals and give them to apus might make them more addictive/needed i OP fights.
Another bonus from this, will be that you cant base your OP teams on them as tehy die easily, so there will be a shifting from lame habing towards more skill, but then again with all the clipping... is it feasible? here is the pros and the minuses:

Give APUs the ability to HAB, antishield and Antiheal
Pros:
+ Game will shift from ppu, to ppu/apu
+ APUs will be desirable once again
+ Anitbuffing is a powerful weapon on its own, but it also means more exposure of the APU to death.
+ OP teams will shift from lame antibuffs to more skilled battles. You will need to aim now to kill something.
Minus:
- A shift from HAB to more clipping is expected.
- longer wars with runners refusing to die once the APUs are gone
- APU will be the first one to target, which you know what that means :p

solling
16-08-07, 13:46
give apus antibufs again but make it as slow as it is atm and change nothing else.

that way apus are needed and they still dont own with ppu buffs

that way we wont have half the people ppus like ive seen a lot lately.

and maybee some apus wich are rare now a days.
but since apu damage is not the best and they die kinda easily , other classes will still be needed a lot.

Bredahl
16-08-07, 17:43
Shut up Tarn, and get back to the game and join us, in a quest to pwn Terrarists :p
To bad you never even got close huh? :rolleyes:

Anyways, yea i agree that HAB should go back to APUs, and ive wanted that the whole damn time.. HAB is WAY too powerfull be to used by a PPU imo..
And it would give APUs something fun to do...

jini
16-08-07, 20:17
To bad you never even got close huh? :rolleyes:

errr.... no: Every single time I fight you I pwn you. Of course I do make my mistakes and you kill me at times, but mostly because I crash. For all the other times, its your brute force that powers you. Whenever our teams are even we win, just look what happened yesterday. :rolleyes:

Anyways, yea i agree that HAB should go back to APUs, and ive wanted that the whole damn time.. HAB is WAY too powerfull be to used by a PPU imo..
And it would give APUs something fun to do...
But dont forget that if that happens, then OP fights risk run indefinitely

onero S
16-08-07, 20:35
Maybe indeed, if we strip the ppu from habs, antiheals and give them to apus might make them more addictive/needed i OP fights.
Another bonus from this, will be that you cant base your OP teams on them as tehy die easily, so there will be a shifting from lame habing towards more skill, but then again with all the clipping... is it feasible? here is the pros and the minuses:

Pros:
+ Anitbuffing is a powerful weapon on its own, but it also means more exposure of the APU to death.
+ OP teams will shift from lame antibuffs to more skilled battles. You will need to aim now to kill something.
Minus:

Sigh, you're still thinking about apus as just an op class, as part of a ppu team. Which, although part of their roles, should be just the part. Giving apus back HaB won't fix them when they have no ppu, and indeed won't really change much anyway. If apus were to get hab, ppus should keep it so that apu/ppu teams don't become a neccesity again, which, when vegah mentions ppu/tank combos, was the big factor preventing them from being used in ops.

ashley watts
16-08-07, 20:47

Pros:
Minus:

Seems quite kool.

Bredahl
16-08-07, 21:51
errr.... no: Every single time I fight you I pwn you. Of course I do make my mistakes and you kill me at times, but mostly because I crash. For all the other times, its your brute force that powers you. Whenever our teams are even we win, just look what happened yesterday. :rolleyes:

Rofl your a fucking blind noob, you never fucking win with even numbers.
I even killed you with my Wyatt PE - and then you called Wyatt overpowered :lol:

So just keep on talking shit fool..

And i havent been on the last few nights, so i wouldnt know.. my bet is, you guys zerged, then thought you where good, then lied about zerging.. same shit all the time :rolleyes:

solling
17-08-07, 06:59
terrarist can only win now that the server is without us tbh :p

jini
17-08-07, 10:34
terrarists cant win, and don't listen to walkers dreams.
Particularly after pabz/smurf and I left, they only rely on their ppus.
This game has grown to be even more ppuwhore than 2.1 was.
2-3 days back we were pwning them terribly, and yesterday I heard Hells were pwning them as well. You will not ever seen Phoenix to pwn them tho, because by that time they will most likely leave :p

Bredahl
17-08-07, 10:54
terrarists cant win, and don't listen to walkers dreams.
Particularly after pabz/smurf and I left, they only rely on their ppus.
This game has grown to be even more ppuwhore than 2.1 was.
2-3 days back we were pwning them terribly, and yesterday I heard Hells were pwning them as well. You will not ever seen Phoenix to pwn them tho, because by that time they will most likely leave :p

In what fucking world can you ever beat me? O_o
We didnt loose shit when you quit clan.. Actually the clan standard got quite alot higher when you left..
And again, i dont know anything about you guys "pwning" us some days ago.. We prob missed some of our prime fighters/PPUs or something, i dont know and dont rly care about that..

Uh and for the record Hells only won because we where stupid enough to attack a op with the UG right next to the hackterm.. They ran to it pretty much the second they was at half health - or was HABed :rolleyes:
We won both times that they attacked.. even with theire AoE spamming of the UG, wich we didnt do when we attacked..

Stop thinking that you and AD are good jini.. your shit... end of fucking story.

(a note for the idiot that designed some of the ops - with UG right next to hackterm... i hope that you will die a slow and painfull death >.< )

jini
17-08-07, 11:53
In what fucking world can you ever beat me? O_o
We didnt loose shit when you quit clan.. Actually the clan standard got quite alot higher when you left..
And again, i dont know anything about you guys "pwning" us some days ago.. We prob missed some of our prime fighters/PPUs or something, i dont know and dont rly care about that..
I can beat you in any kind of world, just choose one
Yes clans standards really went up when I left: more cheats, better exploits etc.

Uh and for the record Hells only won because we where stupid enough to attack a op with the UG right next to the hackterm.. They ran to it pretty much the second they was at half health - or was HABed :rolleyes:
We won both times that they attacked.. even with theire AoE spamming of the UG, wich we didnt do when we attacked..

Stop thinking that you and AD are good jini.. your shit... end of fucking story.

(a note for the idiot that designed some of the ops - with UG right next to hackterm... i hope that you will die a slow and painfull death >.< )
calm down hun calm down :p

Kierz
17-08-07, 12:29
don't we (TERRArists, or whatever we have to be called now :p) continually challenge anyone on the server to find a team of 5 that can beat a team of 5 of us... and we've still never had anyone accept the challenge, despite putting out rewards such as ingame cash and an account ffs

cmon jini, nows your time to put up or shut up, go find the best 5 ad can get (hint, it probably shouldn't have you in the team) and fight us.. cause i swear every time i've been at an op fight vs AD we fucking slaughter you mate.. even when you've had hells assisting, and i'm told the story is just the same when i'm not there.. and from being in the same clan as you for some time i kinda got used to how much crap you talk =]

and @lore: i'd like a fight of FFs best 5 vs our best 5, cause i've been in both clans, and no offence but TERRArists teamplay is as pretty much as good as its gonna get when we have our best players avail (which hasn't been often recently) not saying FF weren't very very good in their prime, which is why it would be an enjoyable fight =] (at hell of a lot less of a mockery like any fight vs ad is.. the truth is they're usually dead within 2/3 mins unless they have 5+ ppus or another clan helping.. in which case they last 5 mins? i'm starting to miss propperly challenging fights.. hence i'm becoming less active)

on topic, give apus HAB and remove it from ppus, give that a try for a while?

Bredahl
17-08-07, 12:30
Well.. last time i was at a opfight vs AD, i came up from UG, killed a APU after about 5 seconds, then went for you.. You Took a bit longer, about 10 sec to kill.. So eh.. dream on? :rolleyes:

the part about the UG and hackterm in my last post was kinda ment as a joke - with some truth in ofc..

SorkZmok
17-08-07, 12:43
You guys need to stfu. No one cares really. :)

Vampire222
17-08-07, 13:22
Walker & Jini gonna do a 1v1 ingame soon, to settle this problem....????

Bredahl
17-08-07, 13:34
Walker & Jini gonna do a 1v1 ingame soon, to settle this problem....????
Yes please lol

nabbl
17-08-07, 13:55
don't we (TERRArists, or whatever we have to be called now :p) continually challenge anyone on the server to find a team of 5 that can beat a team of 5 of us... and we've still never had anyone accept the challenge, despite putting out rewards such as ingame cash and an account ffs

cmon jini, nows your time to put up or shut up, go find the best 5 ad can get (hint, it probably shouldn't have you in the team) and fight us.. cause i swear every time i've been at an op fight vs AD we fucking slaughter you mate.. even when you've had hells assisting, and i'm told the story is just the same when i'm not there.. and from being in the same clan as you for some time i kinda got used to how much crap you talk =]

and @lore: i'd like a fight of FFs best 5 vs our best 5, cause i've been in both clans, and no offence but TERRArists teamplay is as pretty much as good as its gonna get when we have our best players avail (which hasn't been often recently) not saying FF weren't very very good in their prime, which is why it would be an enjoyable fight =] (at hell of a lot less of a mockery like any fight vs ad is.. the truth is they're usually dead within 2/3 mins unless they have 5+ ppus or another clan helping.. in which case they last 5 mins? i'm starting to miss propperly challenging fights.. hence i'm becoming less active)

on topic, give apus HAB and remove it from ppus, give that a try for a while?

i wasnt very impressed of terrarists op fight skills in jerico. and i think u were there too.

oh no .. i forgot that HC PEs are overpowered sry ^^

VegaH
17-08-07, 14:46
As Walker said though, it REALLY is a problem that the UGs are so close to the hackterms...because it's not a joke that those guys from Hell's or whatever clan it can be are zoning down everytime they get HABed, because the ppus can't manage that....and I'm talking about the ppus themselves to UGwhore everytime they get HABed....but my point is not to throw a rock at someone specific.....it's just that the OPs arent well designed....I don't know is it that hard in the programming of the game to move the UG around on a zone?....i also think all UGs should look like the one at Redrock....flat on the ground, people cannot clip around it to survive.

And as for the fight vs Hell's Jini....they had 5 ppus on to defend their own OP....which is a bit lame lol.....and we still manage to fight there for 35 minutes at MCP with the UG beside the hackterm....and everytime they came to attack us at Krupp.....they all died in a maximum of 3 to 5 minutes everytime....and the fight was at the hackterm, not at the UG...we don't need to UGwhore to kill people...well sometimes my apu needs a bit :) but well...i prefer to go at the fight and die than staying at the UG to zone and crash like a niblet all the time.

Also, we never AoE when we attack...we could have AoE at MCP and they all die coming up....but what fun would we get?

silent000
17-08-07, 15:15
i think it was something like 7 hells tryed to ninja our op, a few of us logged on, about 3 with no PPUs and went up, hacked back and killed em all off within about 2 mins, the only thing hells are in it for is the colour of the map, and it does my head in

jini
17-08-07, 16:32
i wasnt very impressed of terrarists op fight skills in jerico. and i think u were there too.

oh no .. i forgot that HC PEs are overpowered sry ^^
Krazor is the only one left of terrarists that fights using brains. Sadly he is also using a lot of clipping skills as well.
The rest of them are for laughs.
What they do have is ppus that constantly are HaBing everyone, and yes, you cant fight that unfortunately.
If all the terrarists or whatever it is you called atm (its not the original clan btw, the original clan has long gone after its leaders all left) -because they change names 1-2 times every week :p- teamwork boils down to HaBs then sigh :rolleyes:

Hells: Hells is a clan I enjoy fighting against. Challenging, fun -great fun- but sadly them to, are joining the clipwhore wagon

EXL: here is a nice clan with players skillful enough.

ah let's not forget Nabbl's clan as well. I bet they must be good, since they have good solid skilled players

Faid
17-08-07, 16:34

You fail to realise that your clan is seen as the clan that cheats and exploits to win at any cost. No one wants to fight againt people who cheat. Ofc 5 cheaters will defeat 5 people who do not. I just want you to understand why you think you are so good. No doubt you probably have some decent people but they will forever be tainted with the stench of a cheater. Your entire clan was disbanded because of all the cheating and exploiting FFS.

/on topic - give APU's hab back, let ppu's have it too but make it cost more for them to cast it, maybe have it cost their entire psi pool and have it strip their own shields as well.

jini
17-08-07, 16:39
No, Faid. The HAB is killing the balance of the game, much like clipping does. We cant afford to have yet another class using it and taking the skill entirely out of OP wars. And you lot have ALL forgotten that PEs can also hab, yet their nanite tools simply are inefficient

Kierz
17-08-07, 18:54

oh no .. i forgot that HC PEs are overpowered sry ^^i shouldn't need to make excuses, but if you remember who was there.. it was myself, borl and vampire.. vampire is well known as our worst player and pretty much needs kicking :D and i doubt you'll see borl ingame for another few months.. he's an nc1er that hasn't propperly played in 2 years, also he wasn't on comms at the time...

either way.. i'd hardly say you won the fight anyway? all you proved is you could use a stealth tool when you get to low hp, i eventually died cause i got sick of your stealth whoring and spammed grenades everywhere till one of us died.. then went off and did something more interesting, not sure what vamp did.. you probably killed him cause he sucks tho =]

please don't take that as an example of what TERRArists are like nabbl =]

Krazor is the only one left of terrarists that fights using brains. Sadly he is also using a lot of clipping skills as well. jini i swear if you say i clip one more time i will bloody clip next time im fighting AD, i try my hardest to avoid clipping fgs (at the last fight at mcp i think if you remember, i even ran out the op in a perfectly straight line instead of jumping off the side cause i know that would probably make me clip) yes i died, with dignity tho... but if you want me to clip i'm fairly sure i could be unkillable :cool:

You fail to realise that your clan is seen as the clan that cheats and exploits to win at any cost. No one wants to fight againt people who cheat. Ofc 5 cheaters will defeat 5 people who do not. I just want you to understand why you think you are so good. No doubt you probably have some decent people but they will forever be tainted with the stench of a cheater. Your entire clan was disbanded because of all the cheating and exploiting FFS.and you fail to realise KK probably checked every server log they could and checked all my client files to try and find something to ban me on, and i'm sorry but i'm 100% clean, as are the rest of the players that aren't banned (surely?)

onero S
17-08-07, 19:33
No, Faid. The HAB is killing the balance of the game, much like clipping does. We cant afford to have yet another class using it and taking the skill entirely out of OP wars. And you lot have ALL forgotten that PEs can also hab, yet their nanite tools simply are inefficient

Hab doesn't kill balance, if anything it creates it. Hab removes all ppu effects, making ppus less of a factor, if all ppus hab then no one has ppu buffs, then its like a big fight with no ppus, compleatly balanced.

Oh and guys, lets keep this thread on topic, seriously.

VegaH
17-08-07, 19:41
Krazor, you should stop to answer to Jini when he writes something....everytime you do that....you give him the opportunity to get a free orgasm because this guy has a mental problem (Im not kidding here) hes got a feeling of inferiority that leads him to always try to be the one that will close a subject, at any cost, so he can have a sort of artificial feeling of self accomplishment. Lol

Cya :)

solling
17-08-07, 22:34
don't we (TERRArists, or whatever we have to be called now ) continually challenge anyone on the server to find a team of 5 that can beat a team of 5 of us... and we've still never had anyone accept the challenge, despite putting out rewards such as ingame cash and an account ffs

lol u sound liek piz biz now lol terrarist never had an op when FF was active tbh :p

and krazor as i recall u never did PvP much with us u was always lvling etc. so honestley i think u have no clue ;)

i would love to have 5 of ours vs 5 of urs we did that a lot of small fights back then and as i recall i died most of the time.

but ahh terrarist is bujus clan u can say u dont cheat as much as u want(not u personally ur clan ) but really lol u are only kidding urself.

i Saw terrarist fight the other day at jeriko and well half was ppus as far as i could see 2 ppus and random others, in my experience ( a while ago when i played) well terrarist wasent really anything special(tho u sure wanted to be).

Asurmen Spec Op
17-08-07, 22:37
So...much...bitching...

jini
17-08-07, 22:56
Terrarists were, Smurf and me, spamming the ooc and teasing each other and pabz as well. Krazor was on his own devices, but he is good and still on his own devices. Thats about it tbh.

Terrarists were never like FF or R2K
Buju was playing WoW at that time and he is back there as well.

sanityislost
18-08-07, 04:12
Just logged on tonight and i have to say...i hate my apu now
fair enough my spec prolly isnt 100% on the ball.....but everything about it
sucks...and to top it all off i walk upto a 32/32 mob in tech haven and i dont 1 shot it?

wtf have KK done to this game.

it just seems as if apu's used to be over powered with ppu, i admit that which is
why i was rarely with a ppu when i went out hunting people was mostly solo. but
right now i couldnt kill some old bitching ressing rares.

(yea my pvp skills aint great atm, but this just sucks)

SiL ..:..

Zeninja
18-08-07, 12:51
I too don't see *many* pvp reasons why one should play as an Apu atm, no matter wether or not he's suported by ppu, as long as he has the opportunity to play a tank or a ppu.

1) I would like to know if its in any plan to bring back some kind of higher frequency on the apu spells
On the contrary, I'd be all for a significant increase of Apu dmg coupled with the adequate frequency reduction. This way, Apus would endorse the role of "finishers", focus team's attention on important targets, and even sometimes have a function similar to artillery on the battlefield (at the exception of range) if covered conveniently by the rest of their team. And I think it's always been KK's goal by defining this class characteristics.

That's the only way I see to make them keep their specificity without changing a lot of other 2.2 features to prevent side-effects, while preserving damage-over-time balance.

I rather see NC focused around the ppus than apus. There must be better ways than giving them back HAB access.

I guess antibuffing is still an essential element of team-based fights, even though foreign shields efficiency have been drastically reduced. Just keep in mind, that restricting the higher HAB tools to ppus is granting teams heterogeneity, where 2.1 definitely encouraged people to bring loads of monks

On the other hand, let's assume Apus got their HAB back and Ppus lost them : the only combo able to antibuff would be apu+ppu again, and ppu+tank wouldn't be able to remove shields anymore. As long as Apus would keep their weak resists while Tanks kept decent firepower, then yeah, it could be an intresting idea... otherwise, suggesting that Apus should get back Hab, have their spells frequency boosted and even resists increased (while we're at it), all at the same time, is nothing but calling for monkocron back if you ask me.

VegaH
18-08-07, 16:09
Oh yeah Zeninja, you forgot to mention that apus should as well get 200 in Cons, 300 PSI to make sure they cap their spells and an auto-self rez spell when they die as well as the ability to stealth with the obliterator..

Seriously, this is ridiculous to think that it's better to have apus doing twice damage with twice less frequency.....it would just make any fuckin noob around with no aim able to kill someone with less hits...

Higher frequency + bit lower damage is the way to go to get good apus back on track and distinguish good apu pvpers vs bad ones.