PDA

View Full Version : [OT]Black Prophecy

Obsidian X
01-08-07, 18:16
I found this link in the German forums http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140365

Which links to a German article (http://www.videogameszone.de/?mag=23&article_id=608484) about Black Prophecy - much obliged if anyone can translate it. And for your delectation, the first screenshot of Black Prophecy as far as I'm aware...

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/original/2007/08/PCG_black_prophecy_1.jpg

Matanius
01-08-07, 18:25
I knew that 10tacle/KK where making this game but I had no idea what kind of MMO it would be. Very disappointed now I see it's another space MMO was hoping for another crack at the FPS/RPG market, but I guess that would have been to obvious and samey. Looks nice though, but surely it will need to offer something really special to get into the space MMO scene with any degree of success? Shall be interesting to see how it goes.

CMaster
01-08-07, 18:33
Pretty sure thats a render and not a screenie. Also, "I told you so" to Brammers and others.

Selendor
01-08-07, 18:42
The Germans like their unpolished complicated Space games, so I guess this could do well. If its Eve with twitch combat and being able to walk inside and outside your ship then that could be ace.

Of course, Eve is a very established and complicated beast to take on, KK will have to have some cards up their sleeves.

Nidhogg
01-08-07, 18:55
And now I can reveal all - it's a space game. ;)

N

$ir Mafia
01-08-07, 19:17
yay, spacegames....

btw: nid , your cronalizer page is down ^^

Matanius
01-08-07, 19:33
And now I can reveal all - it's a space game. ;)

N LIES!!!! It's a Chicken Farmer MMO, them there ships are the futuristic Chicken Harvesters

Nidhogg
01-08-07, 19:34
btw: nid , your cronalizer page is down ^^
Hmm, my account expired. I've resubbed now so it should be back soon. Thanks for spotting it.

N

silent000
01-08-07, 19:54
Nid, you should make yourself a normal NC account and come play with me, oh the fun times we will have!

Apocalypsox
01-08-07, 20:02
the fun times he would have beating your ass :lol:

anyways, i hope that this is like EVE, but instead of point and click, i wanna be able to fucking fly my ship with a joystick please! Fucking autopilot...

Carnage
01-08-07, 20:46
Pretty sure thats a render and not a screenie. Also, "I told you so" to Brammers and others.

This picture is an ingame screenshot.

Apocalypsox
01-08-07, 20:52
will BP be readily available to customers in the US? Like a download sort of like NC has?

CMaster
01-08-07, 21:39

The Neoreality engine likes reflections then...
Looks like you might need to buy sunglasses to play this game :P

Apocalypsox
01-08-07, 21:48
The Neoreality engine likes reflections then...
Looks like you might need to buy sunglasses to play this game :P

I dont mind, Looks fucking sexy! *Puts sunglasses on* :cool:

Tubby
01-08-07, 22:08
I used a onlin translator to do the article, because i couldnt be bothered waiting for a decent one :) mind the engrish..

01.08.2007 16:29 clock - the 10tacle of Studios cannot rags be placed on the Games of this year Convention in Leipzig and equivalent six new titles forwards. The continuation of the successful “code name: Tank” - row (PC) takes place this time before the scenario of the cold war, “code name: Tank Cold was” (PC) hands over to the player the command over the Stahlkolosse after the end of the Second World War. With “Black Prophecy” a actionlastiger on-line title one introduces. Exciting space engagements is the center of attention here. Still it is a large secret: On the Games Convention a further NEXT gene project is introduced that in Belgium one develops at present. In Leipzig the title is presented to selected specialized public behind locked doors. Not even the name of this secret project is so far well-known. Up to the office we will have ourselves to thus practice in patience. A secret are not the three further titles, about which two - “Ready2Rumble revolution” and “Boulder Dash of skirt” - will appear exclusive for consoles. The last play that one introduces, is for the recent generation of the player community of interest: “Happy Hippos on voyage round the world”. The putzigen figures from the practicing rapid eggs are the main participants of a merry and instructive Jump'n'Run play. (Martin, Emmerich) Commentate this article! (so far 0 comments)

Unfortunatley it doesn't say much beyond what we already know :(

Herrad
01-08-07, 22:56
I cant be arsed readin that someone compress it for me using no more than 20 words

ashley watts
01-08-07, 23:57
And this is the reason why KK have forgotten us ! >;(

nobby
02-08-07, 00:00
I've always wanted a space game MMO which allows you to walk around 1st person view around your ship.

Mace Griffin bounty hunter, had exactly this "element" which is what I expect in a spaceship game...

You could walk around your small ship, go and sit in the cockpit and leave the accelerator on...

Then get up and watch through the window as your ship slowly goes towards an asteroid...

Then you run as far away as you can before you die, to make it more fun :p

I also want my spacegame to allow you to fire and put a tunnel cable from your ship to another... allowing you to blow a hole in their wall and you being able to raid their ship on foot 'n' gun :)

This is the game I want...

MrWeedster
02-08-07, 09:18
BP is the reason KK let Neocron rot away and die?

I dont want ******* spacegames - i want nc3 with that engine ASAP!!111

Obviously MMOFPS arent the games the WoW and other suckers out there want, so KK just jumps on the train of shitty mmogs....
Shame on u KK.

greetz

marsbarz
02-08-07, 10:40
misspent effort imo, could've been spent doing one project (neocron) right instead of spreading things out

Edit: Still it does look very nice. It's not that I'm not impressed, it's just that I feel a little sad.

Kaldera
02-08-07, 12:04

Why do you know that this is an ingame screenshot?

Nidhogg
02-08-07, 12:15
Why do you know that this is an ingame screenshot?
I'm not sure I understand your question. That's a bit like asking a father "Why do you know that this is a photo of your child?"

N

rob444
02-08-07, 12:18
I wonder how this will cope with EVE online though, EVE is quite big and I don't think any space sim mmos will be able to change that.

nabbl
02-08-07, 12:24
I wonder how this will cope with EVE online though, EVE is quite big and I don't think any space sim mmos will be able to change that.

i dont think that black prophecy is a space "sim" mmo Oo

i think itll be a little more shooter like.

rob444
02-08-07, 12:40
i dont think that black prophecy is a space "sim" mmo Oo

i think itll be a little more shooter like.

Well then, then I hope it will be more like Freelancer, then we are talking :P.

CMaster
02-08-07, 12:46
Well then, then I hope it will be more like Freelancer, then we are talking :P.

The fighter-like shu in the screeny suggests that, as does the fact that KK ahve said "we won't be going too far from what we know"

Torg
02-08-07, 12:56
And now I can reveal all - it's a space game.

now this has been revealed before numerous times. and that it's going to be an action space game. so it will be unlike eve's point and click, and more like freelancer. and because everybody keeps demanding being able to jump out of the ship and walk around, it will be in the game. as KK needs to make money (unlike with NC...), we will get a Neocron 3 under a new name, plus space ships instead of rhino tanks and jones buggies.

be prepared to meet a wide selection of laser, plasma, ray and fusion pistols, rifles and cannons. constructors building the x-wing of your choice (under a new name, that is), miners to exploit asteroid belts and space stations with haunted storages of robo-madness, where you would gain your first exp levels.

i don't have any deeper knowlegde on BP, it's just what logic tells me: there's been a range of space games from elite to eve, each of them leaving something to be desired. driven by market forces, KK will meet some of those desires, we will get a superior son-of-neocron, and 10tcles stocks will rise. it's inevitable.

Brammers
02-08-07, 13:17

Yeap, you was right! ;)

I think my reasoning for it not being a space game, was it didn't really make sense for KK to be taking on CCP and EvE (Thats if it can be compared in any way)

Got to say the screenshoot looks nice though, so KK start pumping some more details out!

Odin
02-08-07, 13:42
[COLOR=LightBlue] it will be in the game. as KK needs to make money (unlike with NC...)

Not sure where that comes from, but Neocron is and was profitable. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have the opportunity to make another game period.

MrWeedster
02-08-07, 14:02
K Odin, but one question for u:

Shouldnt your paying customers have the right to see the money spent in the game being used to develop this further? So that the annoying things will be fixed?

Why do we pay for THIS game if u dewds making another one, letting NC die/rot?

greetz

Nidhogg
02-08-07, 14:07

Shouldnt your paying customers have the right to see the money spent in the game being used to develop this further? So that the annoying things will be fixed?

greetz
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140363. Feel free to participate.

aKe`cj
02-08-07, 14:07
you pay to play... that easy.

MrWeedster
02-08-07, 14:11
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140363. Feel free to participate.

Im participating.

Well its a good start, but i meant for things like: 'Balancing', Bugs, economical Catasrophic Bugs (Droners at Ceres), CLIPPING!!!!!11111 and so on.

And one thing: Cheater prevention/detection.

And one more thing: More patches then all six weeks one.

the point id like to make:

every1 understands car comparisons, so i want to make one orientated at neocron:

Neocron is like a car that has been sold to customers with the breakes not breaking anymore after 5 miles, steering failure after 10 miles and tires falling off at 15 miles.

the CEO now says to the customers: well the car has some problems yes, and the earnings were good, so we are in development of a new car, which looks better, drives better and finally would brake. Excuse to the other customers who bought the first one, but the upgrade for the brakes lasts some month, steering will be fixed in a year and the tires... well we are working on it, but there wont be a fix in the near future.

Oh what i forgot to mention: The mechanics of the company are tinkering around at the car for years, and there are improvements: Braking failure is now at around 10 miles, steering lasts till 20 miles, and tires just falling off now at 30 miles - HUGE improvement. But still the integrated concept is BROKEN.

KKs behaviour is like this.

What do u guys think would happen to the car company? U can imagine yourself.

But yes - as long as there are stupids like me who pay for this... omg

greetz

CMaster
02-08-07, 14:31
Hmm, my account expired. I've resubbed now so it should be back soon. Thanks for spotting it.

N

Still says "Notice: This domain name expired on 07/26/07 and is pending renewal or deletion" at the moment.

Nidhogg
02-08-07, 14:46
Still says "Notice: This domain name expired on 07/26/07 and is pending renewal or deletion" at the moment.
It's probably a batch job at their end. The account is now in good order and I can access my control panel again. I'll give it another day.

N

Torg
02-08-07, 16:32
every1 understands car comparisons, so i want to make one orientated at...
you must be talking about software in general.
dude.
neocron isn't worse than microsoft word. or any.
but, uhm, did you ever try shooting down a typo in word? desastrous results will follow.

and last time i crashed my car on a sidestreet of my hometown, i run back to the garage, waiting for it to respawn. it didnt.

tell you what: neocron is superior.

ashley watts
02-08-07, 20:39

greetz

I agree :p, i'd like to see the damn bugs or somthing that NEEDS fixing, fixed first. Im sure we can hold on for PvE changes at a later date.

solid-rock
03-08-07, 17:11
Gamespot has an article for black prophecy that seems to be atleast along the same lines as the german one linked here.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/blackprophecy/news.html?sid=6175981&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;1

CMaster
03-08-07, 17:44
Anyone going to the Games Convention then?

Odin
03-08-07, 18:47
Anyone going to the Games Convention then?

As far as I gathered from Snow's comment in the German forum was that it's being shown behind closed doors only. Unless Babblefish has done me wrong again! :p

silent000
03-08-07, 18:59
:eek: das Odin does nein speaken das germano? :eek:

suler
03-08-07, 22:39
you must be talking about software in general.
dude.
neocron isn't worse than microsoft word. or any.
but, uhm, did you ever try shooting down a typo in word? desastrous results will follow.

and last time i crashed my car on a sidestreet of my hometown, i run back to the garage, waiting for it to respawn. it didnt.

tell you what: neocron is superior.
I don't think I've ever been more confused as to what someone meant.

OH PS If it is mostly action, isn't there also a jumpgate sequel in the works too? Space MMO does seem like a bad switch considering they could have the FPSMMO market cornered if they made a good version of neocron.

tarasm
04-08-07, 19:15
Im disappointed I dont care how fucking good the graphics are I still will like neocron better.IF you make neocron a good game and black prophecy a good game more people will play neocron because it is straight up hardcore FPS GAME unlike all fucking space games that are shit.Only reason I played this game is because I was a human and I was running around with weapon other then all the games like wow and war hammer which are so shit.

FIX NEOCRON FUCK BP

Flame Bait
05-08-07, 12:19
I too am very disappointed as the only reason im still around was to wait for a new and better NC. The game is worse now then it was years ago even though technology has improved so much. Basically they cut the dev team on NC down to nothingness to get all their eggs into a fresh basket. Sure this game is still profitable its using the same old hardware and bandwidth has dropped in price to almost nothing. With almost no overhead and almost no fixes to critical problems it has to be making money even if it really ain't much.

From my perspective on gameplay and design WoW is anything but shit. Anyone who actually played it for over two years and seen 90% of the content like myself can tell you that. It does get repetitive but fact is the amount of new content always being added makes it well worth the price. You get a world more then 20 times the size of NC with NPC's and mobs that have much better AI and there is no need to login 15 times just to clear bugs.

To get a database with 0 failure as you have with WoW it takes skilled programmers and expensive clusters. I have never since the release of the game seen or heard of a bug causing any items to vaporise. Yet its happened to myself and others countless times in NC. You may not like the style of gameplay or the world setting but that does not make a game shit. Tetris was one of the most simple yet complicated and most successful games of all time yet you might call it shit too.

Black Prophecy is destined to fail which i might get flamed for saying. In fact any game that is created simply to mimic the success of another will fail. What creates success is being innovative which by the looks of that photo this game is not. Google was innovative MSN was a clone of Yahoo trying to mimic it's success and MS got owned. But now Google and Paypal along with many other giants are actually using Yahoo framework. So you can see that the innovation behind Yahoo has not changed nor has that of Google who's hardware actually powers that of the Yahoo backend clusters.

What Black Prophecy will equate too is a poorly implemented game trying to be something else. Its not going to be Eve (that game was made by geniuses) and its not the type of game most FPSers are going to enjoy. Most of us want to be people which is why i played Eve for 10 mins and decided to uninstall it. Not because the game design is bad but im not interesting in playing a spaceship. I was excited about the potential for a new and better NC and now im about as unimpressed as i am with the latest NC development.

aKe`cj
05-08-07, 12:39
From my perspective on gameplay and design WoW is anything but shit. Anyone who actually played it for over two years ... like myself ...

... will obviously not think that WoW sucks. You gotta like it to keep playing it for so long :)

Black Prophecy is destined to fail [...] In fact any game that is created simply to mimic the success of another will fail. What creates success is being innovative.

So where does WoW fit in this equation? It's nothing but a clone/mixture of the (back then) leading MMOs. The difference was not innovation, but a gigantic marketing machine that sparked a silly hype on WoW... and lead to the success. Neocron however, was very innovative - but had tiny marketing and developement budgets ...is it innovation that counts? ...or is it maybe money you buy success with?

nellus
05-08-07, 12:59
Ok somebody please point me in the right direction.

Lots of you are making huge statements about Black Prophecy what its going to be like what type of game it is etc, ALL i have seen or can find is 1 screen shot of a spacecraft flying past some asteroids which was obviously chosen to show off the cool graphics.
So where are you all getting your information as to what the game is like or is a copy of?

This reminds me of the anouncement of soul light changes, everyone started to make assumptions about what was happening saying how stupid it was that they would quit if they made these changes etc, then they patched in the changes and the majority of you were quite to very happy with the changes.

Unless someone can point me to some solid info from KK about what the game is about etc, i will hold back on judging the game, all i know is it has a spacecraft in it. And the graphics look cool.

Nidhogg
05-08-07, 15:19
Black Prophecy is destined to fail which i might get flamed for saying. In fact any game that is created simply to mimic the success of another will fail. What creates success is being innovative which by the looks of that photo this game is not.
You have absolutely no idea what BP is going to deliver yet you write it off on the basis of a single screenshot. Incredible. Whatever faults Neocron may have you can't accuse it of following the MMO crowd, and BP will offer an experience like nothing before it.

What Black Prophecy will equate too is a poorly implemented game trying to be something else.I'll let you have that one insult, but it's your last.

General Crazy
05-08-07, 16:46
you can't accuse it of following the MMO crowd, and BP will offer an experience like nothing before it.

Does that mean finally a space MMO where you can leave your ship and walk around on planets, space stations and your own ship?

aKe`cj
05-08-07, 17:06
Does that mean finally a space MMO where you can leave your ship and walk around on planets, space stations and your own ship?

nah.. but the first and only space mmo with syncs every 200m :D

marsbarz
05-08-07, 17:48

greetz

No, no they don't have that right. KK & 10Tacle are private companies, and furthermore you're bound to the contract you made with KK that's put forth in the agreement when you subscribe to an account. The only real recourse of action would be to go help create a similar mmorpg which is better than NC2.

I think we have the right to bitch and whine all we like but we have absolutely no right to tell them how to make their game.

Edit: Lol, actually what's the surprise here? That a bunch of discontent NC2 players who want their kami chips back are upset KK is churning out awesome things on a different project? :) why is anybody surprised?

ashley watts
05-08-07, 18:12
If BP is anything like Neocron then KK you have my full support, but as Neocron stands, with the support, fixes we get, how will BP stand after a few years ?

Matanius
05-08-07, 19:45
If BP is anything like Neocron then KK you have my full support, but as Neocron stands, with the support, fixes we get, how will BP stand after a few years ? One can only hope they learn from their mistakes :p

Serious_Sam
05-08-07, 19:54
Flambait, you really are a knuckle dragger you know that?

So, is there any info as to the key gameplay features of this game? If NC is anything to go by, i expect the best game in its esoteric sub-genre!

aKe`cj
05-08-07, 20:01
just outta curiosity... does anywun else spot zeh hawks there... in space?
KK mustave been smoking pot! :o

Brammers
05-08-07, 23:33

There is also half a Klingon Bird of Prey right at the top of the picture on the left side.

I'm also keep looking at the main ship in the picture for days, trying to think where I've seen it before. Maybe Homeworld, but I'm not sure.

So KK when you going to reveal some more details about BP? :cool: :angel:

Edit: P.S. KK - please tell me there will be a sex emote in some form in BP!!!

Apocalypsox
05-08-07, 23:48
Dont worry brammers, Ill ram you all night long :lol:

That idea came from the ship in the screenshot. It looks like a nice, big solid ship that would be kickass at ramming things out of its way if it had too.

I personally will jump all over BP if it had real ship control, instead of the shit eve offers. i want more than fucking point and click, i want to be able to have all axis of control of my ship through a joystick or something.

Anyone that has played Advent Rising, the beginning sequence where you fly the shuttle. Dear fuck i thought that they could have had a game there in its own. Expand it alot more (Bigger area) Add some guns and something to shoot, and resell it to apoc and double their income :D

Flame Bait
06-08-07, 01:05
Whatever faults Neocron may have you can't accuse it of following the MMO crowd, and BP will offer an experience like nothing before it.

Yea Doy was supposed to something great which you all charged me a good money for and it too was also hyped as something spectacular. What you fail to see is that come the end of this year a ton of new MMOs and FPS games will hit the market. KK being pretty much unheard of by the vast majority will stand no chance at beating out the giants like Warhammer. Reputation is everything and representation means nothing which NC is about the only thing we can judge the potential of this company by.

If KK and 10tactle could actually create something so great why was Doy a pile of flaming poop and still is?

I paid a good amount of money to KK over the years. Pretty much all i got was second rate leftovers. But here is something to think about Nid.

The company has no understanding of balance or even cares all that much about me the customer. I think customer service probably counts more so then anything else and that's what made my own business a success. You finally got some good GMs and hopefully you can hold on to the better ones by paying them what they are worth. Believe me i would pay double the current price maybe even tripple to have a better NC.

It took KK over 3-4 years just to create Regants and yes i was there back in NC1 when it was used by the GMs to abuse players. Lets be honest most of the players here care about KK about as much as they care about the customer. Anyone who been around as long as me knows the only thing they care about is grabbing the money.

Maybe you also haven't noticed but i enjoy debating on the forums more so then i enjoy playing the game. ;)

aKe`cj
06-08-07, 01:14
Anyone who been around as long as me knows the only thing they care about is grabbing the money.

you know when to stfu, dont you?
keep on insulting the people that run this forum dewd :lol:

Nidhogg
06-08-07, 01:25
Anyone who been around as long as me knows the only thing they care about is grabbing the money.

Maybe you also haven't noticed but i enjoy debating on the forums more so then i enjoy playing the game. ;)
Then I'm sorry to have to take that away from you (for 3 days).

N

$ir Mafia
06-08-07, 01:27
oh oh, one question mr.nid pls:

Are you shutting NC2 down when BP goes retail?

silent000
06-08-07, 02:17
I know niddy wont shut it down;

"I r strapping myselfz to zee KK servor cus i liebez zee cracker and hiz cronies LAWL and i love Jammy Ds"

Apocalypsox
06-08-07, 02:21

N

Only 3 days? Damnit nid, look at all the flaming offenses hes committed! I can count 10 just from memory, atleast

Brammers
06-08-07, 10:49

N

Best news to start a Monday morning...pitty it ends in 3 days.

Dont worry brammers, Ill ram you all night long :lol:

8|

That idea came from the ship in the screenshot. It looks like a nice, big solid ship that would be kickass at ramming things out of its way if it had too.

Can I claim naming rights and call it the Rambrammer :p

I personally will jump all over BP if it had real ship control, instead of the shit eve offers. i want more than fucking point and click, i want to be able to have all axis of control of my ship through a joystick or something.

Well Holgar said "we are remaining true to ourselves", the only thing that would be different was the game genre. So one can only speculate it's FPS combat like Elite and maybe Freelancer (Need to dig that game out), and not point and click. If thats the case, that sounds like a winner to me as well.

Nidhogg
06-08-07, 11:01
They may be other ships, or they may be spacestations...

N

Selendor
06-08-07, 17:14
I hear Eve will have walkabout sections in the next year, I hope you don't get left behind - they have a huge development schedule these days. I always regretted not getting in with Eve from the start, nowadays it seems too hard to break into the elite due to the time based levelling. Always loved Space games though, so here's hoping...

..I would also imagine that KK staff have been playing a lot of Eve in order to see how to make their game unique in comparison.

So Nid are you involved with BP at all? Or will you come on board when they make the product public and need forums and private testers?

Nidhogg
06-08-07, 17:22
I may well be involved to some capacity, though retirement to the knackers yard is also a tempting option.

N

aKe`cj
06-08-07, 17:36
... though retirement to the knackers yard is also a tempting option.

N

N O - O P T I O N ...copy that? :mad:

:p

Vila
06-08-07, 18:17
cant believe how ppl just try to moc KK and this new project. or well on some point maybe. I know theres bugs and shit but i still find neocron to be the unique game ever, and with this i dont mean the bugs and such. every time iv tried something else, i get bored and come back and play nc again, tho iv seen alot of ppl doing this. its just the feeling what nc gives, i think. I give full credit to this new project KK have and i hope they do great work and i definetly think KK have learned some lessons for their great job doing neocron and they have improved alot. Time will tell us how much tho. tho i hope they invite some of us to the alpha stage ^^

maybe if it will be a major succes we get nc3 so lets hope they grab a big bag of cash and do it ^^(with new engine& and clipping ^^i love it)

Bredahl
06-08-07, 18:23
cant believe how ppl just try to moc KK and this new project. or well on some point maybe. I know theres bugs and shit but i still find neocron to be the unique game ever, and with this i dont mean the bugs and such. every time iv tried something else, i get bored and come back and play nc again, tho iv seen alot of ppl doing this. its just the feeling what nc gives, i think. I give full credit to this new project KK have and i hope they do great work and i definetly think KK have learned some lessons for their great job doing neocron and they have improved alot. Time will tell us how much tho. tho i hope they invite some of us to the alpha stage ^^
100% agree.
I hope that it will be a great success, and i hope and kinda expect that it will be just as unique and sexy as NC is :angel:

maybe if it will be a major succes we get nc3 so lets hope they grab a big bag of cash and do it ^^
(with new engine& and no clipping ^^i love it) Im sure you ment? :p

Fega
06-08-07, 18:28
Clipping in space?

Apocalypsox
06-08-07, 20:17
Can anyone give some info as to what kind of weapons will be in the game? and maybe what kind of control things like missiles have? Fire and forget like eve for missiles? and what about guns? (Id kind of like to have an autotarget system for guns and things to autofire, but thats only so i can focus on maneuvering me ship.)

specranator
06-08-07, 22:10
id much rather prefer to manuever and have complete control over weapons and the such at the same time. fuck that autofire/aim shit...

Matanius
06-08-07, 23:05
Perhaps a team based PvP would be good, maybe not for all ships, but for some bigger ones. I mean as in each player has a designated role in the ship e.g. Pilot, gunner(s), mechanics, medics etc. I know there is at least one game that works entirely on this system, though I forget the name right now.

Powerpunsh
07-08-07, 00:35
Did u ever thought about Neocron 3 style, with the NC world and space? Space outposts or Asteroid mines. There are motherships and no doy bombers. :)

Apocalypsox
07-08-07, 00:49
The first thing i thought of when i saw this thread was actually Irata 3.

Serious_Sam
07-08-07, 00:59
ROFL @ clipping round a moon to escape space bandits!

$ir Mafia
07-08-07, 05:21
I may well be involved to some capacity, though retirement to the knackers yard is also a tempting option.

N

Sounds like a "yes" on the shutdown question...

Apocalypsox
07-08-07, 06:16

They didnt even shut down the NC1 servers for a long period of time, why would they shut down NC2?

Nidhogg
07-08-07, 10:00
That's really reaching. I'm not aware of any plans to shut down Neocron, and whatever happens I'll be around keeping my eye on you lot until then. :p

N

tarasm
07-08-07, 11:59
Woot Neocron Aint Goin Away

Flame Bait
11-08-07, 04:37
If they do decide to nuke the game hopefully they will offer the source to the highest bidder.

nabbl
11-08-07, 13:24
120 million NC !

gamefreak
11-08-07, 14:01
200 Million NC

Zheo
11-08-07, 17:37
I will probably try BP just because I like NC, but I was sad to learn it wasn't an NC 3 I understand that was highly unlikely? Why well to offer customers a different game and to appeal to new customers who like space games!

If 10tactle ever make NC3 let me know I have some kick arse ideas from playing cyberpunk games, ofc you don't have to do them just listen ;) You never know it may give you another idea for something else. I'd love to see guns built into your arms and customizable PA.

CoreInsanity
11-08-07, 19:50
Im disappointed I dont care how fucking good the graphics are I still will like neocron better.IF you make neocron a good game and black prophecy a good game more people will play neocron because it is straight up hardcore FPS GAME unlike all fucking space games that are shit.Only reason I played this game is because I was a human and I was running around with weapon other then all the games like wow and war hammer which are so shit.

FIX NEOCRON FUCK BP

I agree, I do not think a new game should be invested in until the ones you already have are fixed...

And if neocron is as profitable as said, hire some damn devs to fix it...

ps: if you use the same netcode as you do in neocron, your new game will fail from the start. Just so you know...

I hear Eve will have walkabout sections in the next year, I hope you don't get left behind - they have a huge development schedule these days. I always regretted not getting in with Eve from the start, nowadays it seems too hard to break into the elite due to the time based levelling. Always loved Space games though, so here's hoping...

..I would also imagine that KK staff have been playing a lot of Eve in order to see how to make their game unique in comparison.

So Nid are you involved with BP at all? Or will you come on board when they make the product public and need forums and private testers?

Yes, it will. I have seen an ingame preview video of it. It looks interesting, cant wait for it :)

Also, EVE Is making a DX10 and DX9 client, for the people who have vista and dont. Along with a rather large graphics overhaul.

aKe`cj
11-08-07, 21:08
ps: if you use the same netcode as you do in neocron, your new game will fail from the start. Just so you know...

jezuz... that was the single most intelligent remark I've seen in quite a while. KK should hire you as project manager :lol: :lol: :lol:

well... maybe not :rolleyes:

Mighty Max
11-08-07, 21:40
Also, EVE Is making a DX10 and DX9 client, for the people who have vista and dont. Along with a rather large graphics overhaul.

Whee ProgressQuest (http://www.progressquest.com/) with fancy gfx! :lol:

CoreInsanity
11-08-07, 21:45
jezuz... that was the single most intelligent remark I've seen in quite a while. KK should hire you as project manager :lol: :lol: :lol:

well... maybe not :rolleyes:

Oh look... a sarcastic and completely useless post... how nice.

Apocalypsox
11-08-07, 21:48
idea for something else. I'd love to see guns built into your arms and customizable PA.

I always thought that you should be able to buy new implants that replaced your alt+h command (FISTZ!) with a weapon like an agressor gat or maybe a junk rifle, or a combat knife, or maybe a small single shot cannon or rocket.

Serious_Sam
12-08-07, 01:10

Highly unlikely considering the original coders of NC (those responsible for the poor coding) are no longer with them.

gamefreak
12-08-07, 02:29
The netcode wasn't that bad until a few month before 2.2 i think. (relative)

CoreInsanity
12-08-07, 05:06
Highly unlikely considering the original coders of NC (those responsible for the poor coding) are no longer with them.

Yea I know, was mainly just a bash on their bad netcode atm :o

IMO, The code was a lot better in classic... as I remember it anyway.

And the FPS / Graphics engine sucks now, my old comp used to get 60 - 80FPS in classic, it now gets 15 in P1 and lags like hell.

Serious_Sam
12-08-07, 05:13
@ Core

In my opinion one of the problems is that we are not informed about whats happening to the game. For anyone who has played since 2.0 at least, several aspects of the game have changed quite considerably, and we are just not given enough detail to know why such things are happening.

I just don't like being left in the dark.

Trivaldi
12-08-07, 11:59
This thread is for disscussion of Black Prophecy, not the netcode/clipping situation, there is already a thread for that in which Nidhogg is trying to get everyone some information. Please keep netcode disscussion in the existing thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140391).

Triv

Brammers
19-08-07, 17:25
Anyone been here lately - http://www.10tacle.de/index.php?id=478&L=1

3 new screenshots, and some more little details about the game.

Also some news for Black Prophecy fans, myself and some of the crew from the THN are setting up a unofficial fan site for Black Phropecy. Work on the forums is almost done.

Stay tunned to this thread. ;)

Apocalypsox
19-08-07, 18:53
I really do like some of those ships in the screenshots, they might convince me to play BP yet.

Odin
19-08-07, 23:10
Anyone been here lately - http://www.10tacle.de/index.php?id=478&L=1

3 new screenshots, and some more little details about the game.

Also some news for Black Prophecy fans, myself and some of the crew from the THN are setting up a unofficial fan site for Black Phropecy. Work on the forums is almost done.

Stay tunned to this thread. ;)

Definitely interesting. I've always sucked at space games though, not that I ever attempted to get used to them either.

nabbl
20-08-07, 00:36
theres nothing about a "u can jump out of your ship and kill people with your plasma weapon" feature in the description... :(

tarasm
20-08-07, 00:43
if you cant get out of ur ship i wont play it

Powerpunsh
20-08-07, 00:48
Nice screens. :)
Like nabbl said, there is no feature that u can move on ur stations or leave ur ship. Where is the Neocron part? PKing on the stations or capture other clan stations. :D

Apocalypsox
20-08-07, 01:01
Are you guys able to reveal/know about some of the game concepts...?

Like...will there be Ramming damage? :D

Matanius
20-08-07, 01:24
Not really seeing anything mentioned there that you can't already do on EVE. Although having said that I haven't played EVE a great deal and it is ofc still very early days yet. :) Will be keeping an eye on this though, will hopefully turn out to be a good game, and those ships look fucking cool tbh :cool:

Dribble Joy
20-08-07, 02:27
Hopefully the defining difference will be proper ship to ship combat.

As for walking outside of the ships.... I'm not overly fussed....

CoreInsanity
20-08-07, 04:03
Not to make any claims, but I just like to comment on that:

Realtime Action
Fighters, carriers and other capital ships engage in space battles of epic proportions, fought out between up to 300 players seeking fame, power, resources and the control over strategically important space stations.

- Does this mean, 300 people in a fleet battle (IE: Fighting over a sector of space, like an Op war in Neocron). Or does this mean up to 300 players on a server?

Modular Fighter Construction System
Individually modify and optimise your ship with a vast range of modules, parts and weapons which offer a tremendous number of possible combinations to perfectly match your style of play.

- Sounds like EVE tbh

Clan Space Stations
Clans can acquire their own space stations and modify them with new modules and functions to fit their needs.

- Again, sounds like EVE (Alliances in EVE taking 0.0 space and throwing up outposts, PoSs, etc).

Innovative Mission System
Play by yourself, in a Clan, or together with a whole fleet to subdue your opponents and uncover secrets of cosmic proportions. Victory and defeat of every battle affects the well-being of your faction and influences the whole game world. Capture precious resources to improve your ship, your space station and the power of your Clan.

- Sounds interesting, I just hope they implement missions better than they do in EVE, same with "Capture precious resources" (*Cough*mining*cough*). Mining system in EVE sucks.

Spectacular Audiovisual Presentation
Utilising state-of-the-art graphic technology and a cinematic orchestra soundtrack, Black Prophecy creates a captivating atmosphere unknown to any other MMO.

I will give it a try, will it cause me to cancel NC or EVE accounts because its just that good? Most likely not, but that dosnt mean I wont get it too :o

Semi off-topic but I feel I must comment on this...:

Hopefully the defining difference will be proper ship to ship combat.

As for walking outside of the ships.... I'm not overly fussed....

If you are trying to say EVE does not have proper ship to ship combat, I would like to know how?

EVE has good ship to ship combat, it just has some balancing issues (Like every game). There is a lot more to it, and a lot more to learn about the game, its not just throwing a few things on a ship and then running out and fighting people (Which alot of people seem to think it is).

Apocalypsox
20-08-07, 04:17
Semi off-topic but I feel I must comment on this...:

If you are trying to say EVE does not have proper ship to ship combat, I would like to know how?

EVE has good ship to ship combat, it just has some balancing issues (Like every game). There is a lot more to it, and a lot more to learn about the game, its not just throwing a few things on a ship and then running out and fighting people (Which alot of people seem to think it is).

I agree with drib here...if i wanted to click a bunch of buttons to try to kill someone id go play WoW

(Clicking orbit, F1-F8 or sommet and waiting)

sanityislost
20-08-07, 05:51
Really do love the sound of this game, i just hope it doesnt have the same sort
of skill setup as eve...as in waiting 2 hours - 2 months for a skill to train.

SiL ..:..

Apocalypsox
20-08-07, 06:20
Really do love the sound of this game, i just hope it doesnt have the same sort
of skill setup as eve...as in waiting 2 hours - 2 months for a skill to train.

SiL ..:..

Agreed, eve is fucking shat in the skill system department. *Is waiting for a few hours for Mining Barge 3, and Electronics 5 (FOR MY STEALTHBOMBER YEAH!)*

CoreInsanity
20-08-07, 06:35
I agree with drib here...if i wanted to click a bunch of buttons to try to kill someone id go play WoW

Well I dont, EVE is not like WoW... Granted its not running around like in Neocron, but that dosnt mean its not good... That just means its not FPS based - the skill in EVE is learning how to make good setups, and knowing how to use them. In other words, stop looking at *just* what you do durring PVP, its what you do leading up to it (IE: Setting up your ship correctly). EVEs can actually be a lot more complicated than WoW, IMO anyway.

And yea, the skill system is quite annoying, personally, they should add queues but I dont see that happening anytime soon.

Anyway, not really on topic, so yea, im done :o

Brammers
20-08-07, 10:40

If BP is FPS combat, that would set it apart from EvE. Right now in EvE, you attack someone you are more or less committed to attacking that person - you can't always break away quickly to attack another target.

Thanatos
20-08-07, 15:38
So are you saying you wouldn't want moddable ships and clan stations because those features are in Eve?

CMaster
20-08-07, 15:41
So are you saying you wouldn't want moddable ships and clan stations because those features are in Eve?

I think they are just asking why they should play this game rather than EvE.
I hope the answer is ful ship control (i'm hoping that a joystick would suit controls well) and some kind of clan-level missions.

CoreInsanity
20-08-07, 16:13

Not at all, like CMaster said, I mainly want to know what the plans are to separate it from EVE.

I wont choose to play a game or not based off a very short description like the one that was given, or even if it sounds like another game I play.

But if it does come out, and its basically an EVE replica as far as Combat / leveling (Skill Training type thing) / EVE Style modular combat and all that goes, I will be disappointed. But I do not think that will be the case.

Personally, id love to be able to walk around a ship, dock on a station and get off, walk around that too. Have Neocron FPS style combat on stations, ship raids (They disable your engines / weapons, break onto the ship via a docking port and it turns into Black Prophecies version of an OP War), same for stations. That would be truly unique, having to make a character, and a ship setup, being able to do ship vs ship and player vs player combat.

While im not expecting it to be that, it would be cool :)

Thanatos
20-08-07, 16:24
The fact sheet wasn't too clear about this, so:
BP features fast-paced action combat with full ship control.

silent000
20-08-07, 16:37

woot, that is all

yourouba
20-08-07, 17:07
In your view how much cost the Neocron copyright?
I will win to Euromillions and purchase the Neocron copyright.
And i will make of Neocron what you dream.

P.S: Zenin you pouvoir répondre when i envoye PM or tu voit pas PM ?

Apocalypsox
20-08-07, 17:12

Haven't i been asking this the whole thread? Fucking SEX to you Mr. Thanatos! NOW HURRY UP AND RELEASE IT SO I CAN GET MY FUCKING SUBSCRIPTION IN!

Brammers
20-08-07, 17:27

greetz

If they didn't invest money in writing new game, KK would close and NC would close a lot sooner. After the running costs of NC are paid for, the profits from NC is used to invest into the new game. (Let's assume KK did or is making a profit on NC)

Eventually NC is going to bring in less money or make a loss because people stop playing it, but by then Black Prophecy would bring in money and make a profit. The profit would then be used to counter the losses that NC is making, or even give fresh investment for further enhancements or maybe NC3.

So the devs keep their jobs a little longer, and we get to say on these forums how great KK is a little longer! :p

Edit: Ok where did that post go?
Edit2: Found it - The forum feature's last unread post is tripping me up. Doh! :o

Tratos
20-08-07, 19:21
Just to get this clear, so i can then start preaching the good word and run about shouting 'Squee'. When you say 'BP features fast-paced action combat with full ship control.' are you talking full 1st/3rd person combat, trigger/mouse driven attacks.... basically.. Neocron gameplay as a space ship?

Just to make things clear as clear can be.

Fega
20-08-07, 20:26
I'm wishing that it will allow you to get out of your ship aswell, that would make me drool

Dribble Joy
20-08-07, 20:29
If they didn't invest money in writing new game, KK would close and NC would close a lot sooner. After the running costs of NC are paid for, the profits from NC is used to invest into the new game. (Let's assume KK did or is making a profit on NC)

Eventually NC is going to bring in less money or make a loss because people stop playing it, but by then Black Prophecy would bring in money and make a profit. The profit would then be used to counter the losses that NC is making, or even give fresh investment for further enhancements or maybe NC3.

Remember that developers get funded while games are in pre-release. The effort going into BP is probably has a lot higher price tag than the profits from NC. Then there will be the setup costs once it goes beta/retail.

I presume 10T are footing the dev costs?

General Crazy
20-08-07, 20:47
I was in the EvE closed beta and tried it twice since It was released. I hated the fact that no matter how much you played you wouldn't level any faster then the the people that logged in just to set a skill to train, to me reward vs time played has to be there.

CoreInsanity
21-08-07, 00:04
I was in the EvE closed beta and tried it twice since It was released. I hated the fact that no matter how much you played you wouldn't level any faster then the the people that logged in just to set a skill to train, to me reward vs time played has to be there.

Again some one who cant look past leveling. You do get an advantage if you play the game rather than login to just skill - if you are smart enough to know how to use it. People who just login and skill are not making jack during that time, their just skilling, where as you playing (Unless your just sitting in a station) will most likely be making money, learning better setups, etc, etc. That is the reward vs time player.

Granted, I think EVE should implement a feature where stuff trains faster when your using it. I mean, its like reading a book on something, you can sit there and read the book all you want, but if you read the book and do examples / mess with it you will learn it faster.

That is good to know :) Look forward to playing it.

Flame Bait
21-08-07, 03:05
The downfall of Eve is nothing ever changes IMHO. I know some guys who swear its loads of fun. It just could not hold me like WoW did for many years because i enjoy having substantial wealth and playing the market in WoW was fun. What made NC great is the fact that players have a real impact on the world rather then isolated battles which occur within a controlled environment.

Part of what made WoW a blockbuster hit was the promise of Sieges and other things that never came. They lied about features on the horizon and only due to the profits sinking early on they rushed to create the Battlegrounds. When it came out there were so many problems it drove more players away who had been loyal fans for years. The rewards for the amount of time originally required to progress with ranks were totally not worth the effort.

I like the strategy of building a good setup and not just he who has a faster video card wins. FPS limiters are a MUST which is something WoW covered early on making everyone equal to that of a 56k user. In other games the dial-up exploiters and others who use packet shaping piss me off to no end. If you use cheap tactics to win at games then you will never learn to play better and probably end up exploiting in the end.

What keeps Eve going is the masses of Advertising they are pouring in. Just about every other day MMORPG sends me some press about Eve. Its gotten the the point the name annoys me beyond words. I dont care if they broke some record for most ever users online. It might matter to the investors but lets not pretend we really care about technical details. We care about the FUN FACTOR and the quality of Game play.

Serious_Sam
21-08-07, 04:17
[ edited ]

General Crazy
21-08-07, 04:30
Again some one who cant look past leveling. You do get an advantage if you play the game rather than login to just skill - if you are smart enough to know how to use it. People who just login and skill are not making jack during that time, their just skilling, where as you playing (Unless your just sitting in a station) will most likely be making money, learning better setups, etc, etc. That is the reward vs time player.

I tried a few times to look past the leveling but I came across the followin:.

1) Set Autopliot for a good number of jumps

2) Find Something to do

3) Come back may hours later when you finally reach your destination

Travel Time is by far the worse thing in EvE and if you want tell me there is fun to be had in long travel times in a game, then I got some Land for sale on the lunar surface.

CoreInsanity
21-08-07, 08:45
I tried a few times to look past the leveling but I came across the followin:.

1) Set Autopliot for a good number of jumps

2) Find Something to do

3) Come back may hours later when you finally reach your destination

Travel Time is by far the worse thing in EvE and if you want tell me there is fun to be had in long travel times in a game, then I got some Land for sale on the lunar surface.

The patch did you last play on? o.0

You can now warp to 0KM off gates, you just cant do it on autopilot. All you do is turn off all the random concord crap ships that surround them, and then set a destination, the gate for the next system in route has a yellow gate icon (Where as the others are grayish type color).

It takes me under 30 minutes to go 50+ jumps if your paying attention. Long travel (IE: Afking on AP for hours on end) is a thing of the past.

@Flame Bait: Marking my comments in red in your quote.

The downfall of Eve is nothing ever changes IMHO. I know some guys who swear its loads of fun. It just could not hold me like WoW did for many years because i enjoy having substantial wealth and playing the market in WoW was fun. What made NC great is the fact that players have a real impact on the world rather then isolated battles which occur within a controlled environment.

Nothing ever changes? What do you call:
1) POS (Player Owned Stations
2) Capital Ships (Dreadnoughts, Titans, Carriers, Motherships (Tier 2 Carriers). And now just added to the testserver: A capital industrial ship (I think it compresses ore, or something like that)
3) New ships: Rokh, Abaddon, Myrmidon, Hyperion, Drake, to name a few.
4) They are updating graphics considerably, updating / fixing the graphics engine, making a DX10 client that they will update as well as keep the DX9 one for people without DX10 cards. The graphics updates, as far as I know, start getting pumped out soon - they have been in the works for quite a long time.
5) Walking on stations.
6) An API which can be used to access clan and character info (Wallet, members, etc, etc, etc)[Nothing can be modified, just for viewing, to make it easier on corps and characters.]
7) Tons of balancing changes.

this is just to name a few things that have happened recently, and are in the works now. To say EVE never changes, indicates you played a week and read the forums a few times, then quite, or you have a very limited view of what is actually going on in EVE.

Part of what made WoW a blockbuster hit was the promise of Sieges and other things that never came. They lied about features on the horizon and only due to the profits sinking early on they rushed to create the Battlegrounds. When it came out there were so many problems it drove more players away who had been loyal fans for years. The rewards for the amount of time originally required to progress with ranks were totally not worth the effort.

No comment honestly, I have never played WoW to a degree to know.

I like the strategy of building a good setup and not just he who has a faster video card wins. FPS limiters are a MUST which is something WoW covered early on making everyone equal to that of a 56k user. In other games the dial-up exploiters and others who use packet shaping piss me off to no end. If you use cheap tactics to win at games then you will never learn to play better and probably end up exploiting in the end.

I agree with this.

What keeps Eve going is the masses of Advertising they are pouring in. Just about every other day MMORPG sends me some press about Eve. Its gotten the the point the name annoys me beyond words. I dont care if they broke some record for most ever users online. It might matter to the investors but lets not pretend we really care about technical details. We care about the FUN FACTOR and the quality of Game play.

What mass-advertising are you talking about?? I have NEVER gotten an ad for EVE, I have RARELY seen them on websites. What keeps EVE going are the people who do not need / like instant-gratification, but like to actually build up a character over time, which takes considerable work to become something in the game. EVE is not about "OMG Lets start doing quests and were capped in 2 weeks, then raid the hell out of something until we have the best stuff" (Most likely off on that a bit, I do not play WoW).

Something you need to remember about EVE: It is not an instant-gratification game, it is a game where you have to put time, effort and thought to become something. It is not meant to be an easy game. I consider it quite a bit harder to become something in EVE than it would be in WoW, and thats why I think people do not like it. WoW appeals to the people who 1) Like warcraft (I never really played them), and 2) Like instant-gratification on games (Not that this is bad, I can understand not wanting to put considerable effort and time into a game, after all its just that, a game. But some people do).

Anyway, this is straying more and more off-topic. We should either drop it or make a thread for EVE :p (If its even aloud).

General Crazy
21-08-07, 09:11
The patch did you last play on? o.0

You can now warp to 0KM off gates, you just cant do it on autopilot. All you do is turn off all the random concord crap ships that surround them, and then set a destination, the gate for the next system in route has a yellow gate icon (Where as the others are grayish type color).

It takes me under 30 minutes to go 50+ jumps if your paying attention. Long travel (IE: Afking on AP for hours on end) is a thing of the past.

@Flame Bait: Marking my comments in red in your quote.

Something you need to remember about EVE: It is not an instant-gratification game, it is a game where you have to put time, effort and thought to become something. It is not meant to be an easy game. I consider it quite a bit harder to become something in EVE than it would be in WoW, and thats why I think people do not like it. WoW appeals to the people who 1) Like warcraft (I never really played them), and 2) Like instant-gratification on games (Not that this is bad, I can understand not wanting to put considerable effort and time into a game, after all its just that, a game. But some people do).

Anyway, this is straying more and more off-topic. We should either drop it or make a thread for EVE :p (If its even aloud).

How is work at CCP's marketing department??

Seriously take a !@#$ hint the first 2 times, you are barking up the wrong tree here, because this is not EvE online forums it is the Reakktor/Neocron Forum and no one wants to hear about you trying to compare Black Prophecy which you know nothing about to EvE online or how we should all go play EvE instead. They can add Dancing Space Monkey to EvE but no one on this forum is going to care if they do.

Brammers
21-08-07, 10:42

Seriously take a !@#$ hint the first 2 times, you are barking up the wrong tree here, because this is not EvE online forums it is the Reakktor/Neocron Forum and no one wants to hear about you trying to compare Black Prophecy which you know nothing about to EvE online or how we should all go play EvE instead. They can add Dancing Space Monkey to EvE but no one on this forum is going to care if they do.

Sadly people are going to compare it against EvE. If KK decided to do a MMORPG with Elves in it, people are going to compare it with WoW.

What people want to know (Me included) is whats going to set Black Prophecy apart from EvE. We already know some broad details, just not the finer details yet.

Nidhogg
21-08-07, 13:28

Chill, dude. :) He's only asking questions that many people will have on their minds at this point in time. There's not much that can be revealed right now but suffice it to say that there wouldn't be much point releasing an EvE copy. ;)

CoreInsanity
21-08-07, 15:44

What are you talking about? For one, people are going to compare it to EVE no matter what. Second of all, I am defending a game I have played and liked for 2 - 3 years from being tainted by the image of your 1-week of game play experience, where you got pissed and left because you could not travel fast.

And where did I say "GO PLAY EVE!?!?!"...*Gives you a minute to think about it*... Thats what I thought, NOWHERE. I really could care less if you played it or not, I just dont like the idea of some one saying "Nothing changes" or "Travel time takes hours" type stuff when its clearly false unless the only change you are looking for is a fundamental change to the way you skill / fly / etc (IE, SP Skilling changed to Level-Based). But yes, if you see anywhere that I said specifically to play EVE, please tell me, I will gladly edit it out as I am not advertising the game.

Hell, I am not even saying anything bad about black prophecy, I just said some of the features looked eve-like based on the description, but Thanatos cleared that up on some parts. Nor am I saying anything bad about WoW (For the record).

black prophecy is going to get compared to EVE no matter what, at least until its released and there is a clear difference, then it will still be compared on game-play. If you cant handle that, then perhaps you should stop reading this thread, because I am not the only person who is going to ask it.

edit: I am dropping me EVE argument now, simply because I made my point and its going to start going further off the topic of BP if this goes on (Which will end up resulting in a thread close, or something of the sort). Nothing more needs to be said about it.

@Nidhogg: Yea, I agree. It would be quite pointless to make an EVE clone. I for one am sure its not going to be. Cant wait until more details are released though.

SnowCrash
21-08-07, 16:52
It is definately not our goal to make the game as complex as Eve Online is. We are focussing on fast-paced realtime combat with a deep and exciting mission system and story. In comparison Black Prophecy will be a Space Action MMOG while Eve Online is a Space Simulation MMOG.

nabbl
21-08-07, 17:27
It is definately not our goal to make the game as complex as Eve Online is. We are focussing on fast-paced realtime combat with a deep and exciting mission system and story. In comparison Black Prophecy will be a Space Action MMOG while Eve Online is a Space Simulation MMOG.

can u walk on the ships and maybe planets with ure character?

such as entering an enemy ship and then fight in it trough to the command circle of the ship

aKe`cj
21-08-07, 17:42
such as entering an enemy ship and then fight in it trough to the command circle of the ship

I doubt it :p

..but meh .. there's still roughly 2 years time until it hits retail, who knows what they'll manage to implement in that timespan :cool:

Brammers
22-08-07, 16:00
Just to let everyone know in this thead The Prophecy Network is now open at http://www.prophecy-network.com

A little more information can be found in this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140496)

Dribble Joy
22-08-07, 16:48
So more like a Freespace online then?