PDA

View Full Version : Explanation to the storyline

Chenoa
01-08-07, 07:46
As you can see the 3rd chapter "Digital Infection" of the storyline "The Death Circuit" is running. At the beginning of June the whole storyline was adapted to fit the new Content Package. Meaning there are 9 story parts added to the global storyline (GSL). 8 of them are still running and the 9th will start this weekend. The runner can't see the single parts running together with the storyline but that's how it is intended to be.

But we discovered that with this many articles and newsletters there could be some things lost. That's why we got a little "system" I now want to describe you.

Magazines "Voice of the Resistance (http://www.votr-mag.com)" and "Neocronicle (http://www.neocronicle.com)":
Here nearly all will get published that has to be in the news or is concerning the whole ally. Only faction specifics won't be published there because it's secret information or a mission concerning the faction.
In the magazines there is a menu added on the right side to let you choose articles concerning just a specific faction.

Here every (registered) runner can give feedback or simply commentate the articles which is welcome.

Ingame Newsletter:
The ingame Newsletter is an online version of the magazines. Every article will be sent ingame to the ones subscribed to. You can subscribe it by your ingame mailing system and you will get any newsletter starting from the subscription date. Meaning anyone wanting to get informed within the storyline can so this with the ingame newsletter. Anyone who don't want to get spammed by these emails and just want to read the articles from time to time will have to do so off game (links are posted in the forums and in the launcher).
You can contact the addresser of the newsletter but can't post any comments like in the webzines.

Newsletter will be due to the storyline marked as follows:
[Neocronicle - Newsflash|factionshort] - if it's for specific factions of a story part.
If there is no faction short after "Newsflash" it concerns the whole alliance but doesn't have it be part of the GSL.

Alliance Mail:
These mails marked with [Alliance Mail] will get sent if it only should be mentioned by the whole alliance. This can be an article posted in the magazines but absolutely should be read by all members of the alliance. In this case the newsletter won't be used because it only reaches the subscribers.

Faction Mail:
These mails marked with [Faction Mail] will be sent only to members of a specific faction. These could be invitations, missions and even story parts which aren't of any concern to the other factions.

Content and Event Mails:
These ones are marked with [Content] or [Event] and are targeted to the whole server or single groups for whole the event is related to.

C o n c l u s i o n: The only mails which could be disabled theoretically (and got the most sent through) are the newsletters. It's just as simple as that runners who want to get notice of all of this needs to get all sent to them - and we hope that it got many subscribers
Only City Mercs don't get the newsletters but get all concerning them via Faction Mail (see above).

Ingame Neocronicle still exists and get updated regularly.

Proposals for medals:
There is a possibility to get runners doing something special awarded with a medal (RP Item) from a member of the Ceres Team(mostly the leader). This can be done ingame (write to the leaders Jack Red (Neocron) or Ronald Rodriguez (DoY)) or out game at jackred@neocronicle.com / rrodriguez@votr-mag.com. In this mail there should be the name of the runner nominated, server and a detailed description why he/she should get it. Both prefer outgame mails because they could be sorted easier.

Dynamic runs referring the storyline:
These will be used from time to time and are everything but OOC. The narrower sense is to include the runners and making it all more interactive. Often there is an email-address mentioned at the end of the run for where to send the answer, the searched item or an contact where you can send your feedback to. If these emails must be sent to votr@neocron.com or neocronicle@neocron.com and you got a ticket number you can be assured that this email arrived. You won't get any personal answer for 99% because these emails are a gathering point (e.g. the active H.I.O.B. run) and will get forwarded to the leaders. They will collect the runners doing this run and notify them ingame or doing a meeting where the rewarding, costs and such will get compensated.

As there were lots of runs the last days / weeks it could be possible that someone has collected and reported many things. But please be patient there will mostly be a query of an RP Char. So do the collecting the lists of the Ceres Team are growing bigger and bigger.

Further info:
There is one thing striking me:
Many things got whistle-blown OOC in the forums what will happen (e.g. the move). This is just information in advance and has nothing to do with the state of affairs in the storyline. The storyline is now and not at the Content Package itself. So if there is any information that doesn't fit to that one read here don't wonder but follow the story parts and you will see that there still are changes and will lead to where it should be

Roger that ? ^^

So, hopefully I didn't miss anything. If I do just ask your questions but leave flame and spam out of here.

:angel:

Chenoa

silent000
01-08-07, 13:07
OK, who is up for voting Cream Cracker for the medal? :angel:

Kierz
01-08-07, 13:33
i think we deserve one for controlling so much of the map for so long

Dribble Joy
01-08-07, 14:40
Who do CMs send things to?

Faid
01-08-07, 16:24
edit*

DARK_Overfiend
06-08-07, 01:45
hmmm..... Interesting

ashley watts
06-08-07, 15:22
I've never ever followed Neocrons storyline =/, i rekon it would be quite intresting though :p

Zheo
08-08-07, 10:11

Probably Eric dunno what his address is though email helpdesk and ask DJ

Chenoa
08-08-07, 11:03

I think you got it. Mostly by Melcom Smith in order from Eric McAllen / Asleif Friederson.

i think we deserve one for controlling so much of the map for so long

OPs (PvP) != RP - Medals = RP Item

I've never ever followed Neocrons storyline =/, i rekon it would be quite intresting though :p

Try it, read the mags (www.neocronicle.com / www.votr-mag.com) and subsribe the ingame newsletter at your mailsystem.

silent000
08-08-07, 12:41
I still think i should of got an award for being me :mad: this game would be nothing without me! NOTHING!

Brammers
08-08-07, 12:56
I still think i should of got an award for being me :mad: this game would be nothing without me! NOTHING!

Want me to recommend you for an award for the succesful assination of me, at the 1st MoTU. After all, I am probably Damion Jordan's most hated after all the crimes that I'm accused of commiting against Tangent! :p

Faid
08-08-07, 16:30
*sigh* Maybe try doing this stuff on a weekend next time so everyone has a chance to participate. 2pm on a Tuesday is near impossible to attend for the majority of people with jobs or school in the US.

Chenoa
08-08-07, 18:18
*sigh* Maybe try doing this stuff on a weekend next time so everyone has a chance to participate. 2pm on a Tuesday is near impossible to attend for the majority of people with jobs or school in the US.

This meeting wont be the last, both leaders will plan more than only one, also at the weekends. And they told me, the old lists of candidates will stay a while.

Seezur001
08-08-07, 19:19
Try it, read the mags (www.neocronicle.com (http://www.neocronicle.com) / www.votr-mag.com (http://www.votr-mag.com)) and subsribe the ingame newsletter at your mailsystem.
Probably a bit off topic, but what are the chances of the actual monthly mags being released again?

Chenoa
08-08-07, 20:41
Probably a bit off topic, but what are the chances of the actual monthly mags being released again?

If you mean the old *pdf, i thought about the last days too. Lemme see after the content patch, what the time will bring. Would like to create them again tbh, maybe every 1-2 month. IF this will be possible, i will let you know this in time.

Dribble Joy
08-08-07, 20:51
The NeoMags were indeed cool.

Also, regarding the patch, though it's a little daft to ask; any ETA?

silent000
08-08-07, 21:03
Cracker misses the excitement of downloading the patch with his shitty internet connection, but Ms Monday know what would cheer me up? a Babe Suit......You think about that :cool:

Dribble Joy
08-08-07, 21:21
Arse to your babe-suit. I wants meh kami!

Chenoa
16-08-07, 14:40
stop spam and stay on topic please !

daughterolilith
07-10-07, 04:47
I am sad to have missed this:(