PDA

View Full Version : Issues with FPS and graphical errors.

CoreInsanity
01-08-07, 04:37
Alright, I have been playing for a few days recently. Now, in general, I get around 62 FPS, however, when i get near a blinking light (Such as the one in DoY crahn sec 02) my FPS starts randomly jumping between 40 and 90 (which makes the screen "lag" so to speak).

Also, while im walking / turning / etc some stuff on the edges of the screen appears to turn grey.

I can try to screenshot it if it shows up in screenshots, if needed, but yea.

My system specs:
Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz - non-OC)
2x Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 dual channel ram
XFX 8800 GTX graphics card.

Is anyone else having issues like this? I dont have any problems in anything but Neocron.

Thanks.

tarasm
01-08-07, 09:08
Neocron dosent seem to like core dual..Make neocron use 1 processor
Task MAnager---->process---->client.exe------>right click and the very bottom option.

Cant say since im in ukraine an the system is in russian.

flib
01-08-07, 09:52
Lol Turn off a processor.

Seraphin[69]
01-08-07, 10:37
the dual core isn't the problem here...

I guess you have Vista and never updated your drivers !

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1321 DX update (august)
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1670 Vista 32 bits drivers
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1680 Vista Hotfix SLI/dual cpu cards

CoreInsanity
01-08-07, 16:33
']the dual core isn't the problem here...

I guess you have Vista and never updated your drivers !

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1321 DX update (august)
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1670 Vista 32 bits drivers
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1680 Vista Hotfix SLI/dual cpu cards

lol vista :)

Vista is horrid - I doubt ill use it much other than dual booting it and linux when all the DX10 games come out, though, I should have specified my OS (Late night weak moment :/)

I am running Windows XP Pro, with the latest graphics drivers from nvidia. All of my other drivers are also up to date.

And uh, unless Neocron is setup to spread the threads across different processors, or something of the sort, it already is using 1 processor / core. However, for the sake of testing, I will try that.

edit: Tested the process priority one, does not have any effect on it.

CoreInsanity
01-08-07, 17:58
lol vista :)

Vista is horrid - I doubt ill use it much other than dual booting it and linux when all the DX10 games come out, though, I should have specified my OS (Late night weak moment :/)

I am running Windows XP Pro, with the latest graphics drivers from nvidia. All of my other drivers are also up to date.

And uh, unless Neocron is setup to spread the threads across different processors, or something of the sort, it already is using 1 processor / core. However, for the sake of testing, I will try that.

edit: Tested the process priority one, does not have any effect on it.

edit: Nevermind, being tired got the best of me again, I see what option you mean - completely forgot about the processor affinity option.

I tested this one, it seemed to have a small effect, but it still got the FPS lag effect when near blinking lights and such. However, the objects rendering gray when near the side of my screen seems to be fixed for now.

edit: Sorry for the spam / Double post - but perhaps if you had the time limit for editing option turned off, people might not need to.

Seraphin[69]
02-08-07, 11:21
Looks like it's better on Vista then ;)

I'm having NO problem on vista :p

Brammers
02-08-07, 13:19
Neocron dosent seem to like core dual..Make neocron use 1 processor
Task MAnager---->process---->client.exe------>right click and the very bottom option.

Cant say since im in ukraine an the system is in russian.

Won't make a difference, NC locks itself to one core, and has been since NC2.2 came out.

CoreInsanity
02-08-07, 17:09
']Looks like it's better on Vista then ;)

I'm having NO problem on vista :p

I could just install it on linux, as I know MrTrip, and I dual boot Kubuntu 7.04, and he gets no problems ;)

Matthew.v.smith
05-08-07, 12:28
A long time ago I had the same problem with my (then) new Amd Athlon 64 chip, getting near light sources made me lag in a strange way (this included light from weaponry and such) it turned out that my Asrock Mobo had Athlon 64 drivers that required installation, that fixed my problem and it was smooth sailing from then on :)

Check that out.

CoreInsanity
07-08-07, 18:18
A long time ago I had the same problem with my (then) new Amd Athlon 64 chip, getting near light sources made me lag in a strange way (this included light from weaponry and such) it turned out that my Asrock Mobo had Athlon 64 drivers that required installation, that fixed my problem and it was smooth sailing from then on :)

Check that out.

Thanks for the replies :)

I built this comp last christmas, and have kept all the drivers, bios, etc up to date. So everything should be up to date.

I am considering backing up everything and re-formating windows, perhaps making a smaller / refined version using nlite.

Necpock
08-08-07, 03:12
No one ever seems to instantly blame their hardware :'( well atleast you hope its not a hardware fault, but ou never know! I would deffiantly rule out all possibilities if it keeps persisting.

Similar?! things happened to my old card as regards fps (Gforce 6600)
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133581

But yah I personally wouldn't touch vista with a 20 ft bargepole when it comes to gaming ;P

P.s. vista might be the problem

Strife
08-08-07, 03:33
Won't make a difference, NC locks itself to one core, and has been since NC2.2 came out.Sorry, bs. This fixes my problem with it every time. I have to set it to 1core every time I run the game.

AMD / WinXP

CoreInsanity
08-08-07, 04:18
No one ever seems to instantly blame their hardware :'( well atleast you hope its not a hardware fault, but ou never know! I would deffiantly rule out all possibilities if it keeps persisting.

Eh, I built this machine, if its the hardware im not afraid to admit it, I just dont see much pointing to that (Maybe heating? but I run other games, that are much more graphics intensive and have no problems). And the heating is about average for this card

Similar?! things happened to my old card as regards fps (Gforce 6600)
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133581

But yah I personally wouldn't touch vista with a 20 ft bargepole when it comes to gaming ;P

P.s. vista might be the problem

Can tell you 100% Vista is not the problem, as I do not run vista.

As for the SS, mine dosnt look exactly like that (I get the gray, but its along the outside of the screen and its not like a ton of it).

Necpock
08-08-07, 16:01
Maybe post a screenshot of the grey areas your getting, I can't really visualise it

nellus
09-08-07, 11:06
my AMD dual core had problems running Neocron so i run AMD Optimizer now and everything works fine.

CoreInsanity
09-08-07, 16:43
Ill work on a screenshot :)

Will look to see if theres anything like the AMD optimizer for intel.

Bredahl
09-08-07, 16:59
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p135/MTurner_album/Gottalovemycrapcomputer.jpg
This is just one of the things ive gotten lately (it moves up and down very, VERY fast btw)..

<3 my computer :rolleyes:

CrushOr
09-08-07, 21:40
If you alt tab you are more likely to get graphical errors, also if your card is overheating you could also get graphical errors if your computer isnt rebooting.

I get similar looking errors in other games besides NC (usually when ive been playing for a long time and the memory leak has gotten too big).

On oblivion I started getting weird glitches hours before my card overheated and died (Geforce 6600LE)

Now I have a ATI X1600 and only get errors when I alt tab in the wastelands or if I have been playing for a really long time, but usually when I notice a glitch like that the client crashes on the next sync.

CoreInsanity
09-08-07, 23:55
Yea, I do not think its overheating right now, but I am going to invest in better cooling for it (Not water yet, cant afford water). Once I get that, I am going to clean up the wires too, so it dosnt screw the air flow up.

I had to remove one fan, from the back, as it was broken. So it may be some overheating (But I dont think it is as I have not gotten errors like this on -any- other game). I get average 100 - 200 FPS on EVE, no FPS lag, errors, etc. Same for supreme commander, CNC3, CSS, gmod10 / HL2 / etc / etc.

I am wondering if it may have something to do with my resolution to a degree, as I have noticed the map dosnt fit on my res (Running 1980x1050).

Strife
10-08-07, 10:38
I'd get Everest Home Edition and check your temperates when you're ingame. Stuff like that can always lead to more problems. If it makes your case temp run a lot hotter your cpu could overheat too. Doesnt hurt to know how good your cooling is and if u need to add more :P

Didnt read entire thread, but drivers uptodate too?

And yeah, i crash if i alt tab in wastes too. On my last desktop with ati, my new desktop with geforce8800 :/