PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Transformers

Dribble Joy
26-07-07, 23:07
I have seen this motion picture.

It's.... OK.. but.. a mess frankly.

The pacing is in places terrible, especially the beginning.
It's not about the Transformers really, if anything they are secondary characters and we are dumped with a bunch of terrible humans as the lead roles.
The humour is badly interspersed, it's like someone cracking a joke after the lead role's mother just got beaten to death with a chair, while the lead role is tied to it.

The action scenes are very good though.

RogerRamjet
27-07-07, 01:12
It's a shame Michael bay can't direct to save his grandmothers life.

It's literally like "OMFG ACTION SHAKE THE CAMERA ALL OVER SO YOU CAN'T SEE ANYTHING!!!"

Selendor
27-07-07, 11:39
I really hate Michael Bay, every movie he does is an epileptic fit waiting to happen. If you watch his movies closely (and thats hard) you will see he cuts to different cameras every 2 seconds for the whole film. I'm sure Transformers will be the same, as I hear it gets confusing later on to see whats going on.

Saying that, the CGI work by ILM is supposed to be so good that I might have to bite the bullet and watch it regardless.

Seraphin[69]
27-07-07, 11:47
Personnaly for me it was an amazing movie

flib
27-07-07, 11:50
Yeah I thought it was awesome.

RogerRamjet
27-07-07, 12:55
The cartoon has Orson Welles in though.

Orson Welles > All.

MrWeedster
27-07-07, 13:46
The only reason i would look into this film is the camaro concept to be seen in 'real-life'.

greetz

braydagner
27-07-07, 14:45
Ok. The movie was amazing. It was cheesy, yes, hes sticking true to the cartoon - meaning its for KIDS. Bays not the only one to shake the camera for a dramatic effect, it enhances the experience. And I bet those of you bashing it never watched the cartoon as kids, because everyone I have talked to that have seen it that used to watch the cartoon, thought it was amazing. Those who didn't watch the cartoon, well, I don't put too much stock in what they say.

StevenJ
27-07-07, 15:12
And I bet those of you bashing it never watched the cartoon as kids, because everyone I have talked to that have seen it that used to watch the cartoon, thought it was amazing. I read some reviews when it came out, was thinking "aww shit", but then, everyone I know who has seen it, and watched it as a kid loves it too.

Borrowing my nephew this weekend :D

Necpock
27-07-07, 15:49
BEST MOVIE IVE EVER SEEN!!11!!1ONE

caps

and yes.

Selendor
27-07-07, 16:38
And I bet those of you bashing it never watched the cartoon as kids, because everyone I have talked to that have seen it that used to watch the cartoon, thought it was amazing. Those who didn't watch the cartoon, well, I don't put too much stock in what they say.

I not only watched the cartoons, I have every comic including the first one (which I stupidly coloured in with crayons...)

Best transformers toy ever? Jetfire (cos they nicked it from another toy line!) Thank god they kept Peter Cullen for the film too.

silent000
27-07-07, 16:50
I didnt rele like it :(

ashley watts
27-07-07, 16:58
I wanna watch it :(

Dribble Joy
27-07-07, 17:27
Being a kid's film doesn't really make much of an excuse for being poorly made frankly.

RogerRamjet
27-07-07, 18:28
Ok. The movie was amazing. It was cheesy, yes, hes sticking true to the cartoon - meaning its for KIDS. Bays not the only one to shake the camera for a dramatic effect, it enhances the experience. And I bet those of you bashing it never watched the cartoon as kids, because everyone I have talked to that have seen it that used to watch the cartoon, thought it was amazing. Those who didn't watch the cartoon, well, I don't put too much stock in what they say.

http://www.cine.com/fotos_informativo/varios/clerks2/clip_image020.jpg

"Since God created man, and man created the Transformers, the Transformers are like a gift from God, Randal!"

ashley watts
27-07-07, 18:29
Ahh cmon, it was directed by speilberg it must be good ! :o

Odin
27-07-07, 20:15
It was pretty good. It could have been a HELL of a lot worse.

Most of the complainers are the ones that wanted it to be exactly like the G1 cartoon which was never going to happen.

The only thing that I didn't like was when Optimus said "My bad".

Other then that it was solid as an introduction. Next one though they need to get more 'in depth' with the characters.

It did do it's job and brought in a lot of people who didn't watch the Transformers and got them to enjoy it which isnt' an easy feat.

nEo-1664
28-07-07, 01:23
Megan Fox (http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0418279/T14446EDIT.jpg) ftw tbh :p

Doc Holliday
30-07-07, 16:34
Hello from cambodia fellas :)

I watched it today on a copy which was pretty much dvd quality bar 2 people standing up right at the end and blocking a half second of action in the movie. all in all i loved it. ok 2 minor annoyances. Megatron wasnt a jet (lol) he was a gun but its all good. the larger annoyance however was bumblebee however. in the cartoon bumblebee rocked. he was small and fast and he was a vw beetle. not a friggin sports car. i thought the car was supposed to be sunstreaker (or what ever the yellow car was called in the 'toon)

However. i loved the rest of the movie and was a bit gutted when they killed off jazz. ok i was a lot gutted. i love jazz. he is almost my fave.

the rest of it was good. it was action packed and there was some great action sequences. the bots were well introduced and yes the 2nd story needs to REALLY expand on the plot a bit but it was a very well done first installment to the series. it was blatantly set for a sequel without needing to leave a ....to be continued.... at the end :)

and the chick was worth one :)

double and the way all the decepticons were introduced from how they had "presumably" hidden themselves in earth was fucking mint. especially i love barricade. its all about him or star scream but the "to perish and enslave" tag line on the car pwns.

one transformers nerd signing off till next time.

good bye from cambodia

William Antrim
30-07-07, 17:20

I watched it today on a copy which was pretty much dvd quality bar 2 people standing up right at the end and blocking a half second of action in the movie. all in all i loved it. ok 2 minor annoyances. Megatron wasnt a jet (lol) he was a gun but its all good. the larger annoyance however was bumblebee however. in the cartoon bumblebee rocked. he was small and fast and he was a vw beetle. not a friggin sports car. i thought the car was supposed to be sunstreaker (or what ever the yellow car was called in the 'toon)

However. i loved the rest of the movie and was a bit gutted when they killed off jazz. ok i was a lot gutted. i love jazz. he is almost my fave.

the rest of it was good. it was action packed and there was some great action sequences. the bots were well introduced and yes the 2nd story needs to REALLY expand on the plot a bit but it was a very well done first installment to the series. it was blatantly set for a sequel without needing to leave a ....to be continued.... at the end :)

double and the way all the decepticons were introduced from how they had "presumably" hidden themselves in earth was fucking mint. especially i love barricade. its all about him or star scream but the "to perish and enslave" tag line on the car pwns.

good bye from cambodia

Jazz died in the cartoon film along with Ironside and half of the rest of the autobots. Unfortunately only a few of them made it into the spaceship. I remember crying as a 5 yr old seeing most of them get owned.

I havent seen this film yet, yes sunstreaker SHOULD be the yellow sports car.... but i guess they hollywood-ised it all.

However the one thing I WOULD LOVE to see in the next one will be.....

*Drum Roll*

DINOBOTS!!!!

Those of you who are young/old enough to remember the original transformers should remember how awesome Grimlock and co were...

ahh the memories.

Kanedax
30-07-07, 19:50
And I bet those of you bashing it never watched the cartoon as kids, because everyone I have talked to that have seen it that used to watch the cartoon, thought it was amazing. Those who didn't watch the cartoon, well, I don't put too much stock in what they say.

Funny I got the opposite responses. I'll wait for it to come on tv tbh, I cant be arsed to spend 10 dollars on something that may ruin my respect for a great cartoon.

braydagner
30-07-07, 20:49
I have gone 3 times with a total of about 20 different people of all different ages, backgrounds, etc. and all have loved it and thanked me for dragging them to it (unless they wanted to see it just as bad). I'm just going by people that I know IRL; and more than half watched it when they were growing up, as did I.

Honestly, I'm going again another couple of times and I think that its one of the best movies ever. I recommend it to everyone that has brought it up and have found none to be dissapointed in it.

flib
31-07-07, 00:01

good bye from cambodia
They have computers? =O

Netphreak
01-08-07, 17:17

good bye from cambodia

Hi Doc,

I'm just cruising through the old NC forums to see who's still about.
I think my first question is cambodia? you have been traveling alot haven't you.

As for the film Doc you summed it up for me quite well, much better than I expected when I heard Michael Bay was involved but I think Speilberg probably kept a good eye on him.

I hope they do make another as that one was quite entertaining, and ofcourse Megan Fox will have to be in it aswell. :D

danmalone
01-08-07, 20:00
twas an amazing film, as a kid i kinda just missed the transformers generation, so i wasnt really fussed about going to c it, kinda thinking it would be kinda crap. Well i was wrong, loved every min of it, specially when he picked her up in car and music playing and stuff :lol:

And.... from what ive heard, there will be more to come hopefully :D

nellus
02-08-07, 14:41
Ok went to see it on tuesday and loved it. One of the best films ive seen for a while. Not quite sure how it managed to get a 12A rating though.

Ok Megan Fox did anyone else notice how much she looks like a young Tea Leoni in Bad Boys?