PDA

View Full Version : Sexism

Nymphette79
19-07-07, 23:04
Was recently having a heated discussion in game and got the normal comment of "You're not really female anyway". This I am used to but this person then went on to say when I protested that I was infact female that I must either be butt ugly or a dyke and to FO and play WoW.

Why is there this stereotype that if a female likes computer games they have to be some kind of freak. I am just a normal female that like's to play Neocron2. I raise my babies, cook for my family and keep my house very clean and tidy (am slightly obsessive in that area).

Now I don't claim to be Angelina Jolie (she could make any woman turn) but neither do I think of myself as butt ugly. I am not a dyke I am a married hetrosexual woman and imo WoW is crap.

I enjoy playing NC2 and don't see why that is so hard for some people to believe.

Now i feel better, Hurumph

gamefreak
19-07-07, 23:07
No way you are female !

Serious_Sam
19-07-07, 23:08
You're gonna let that ONE stupid person's comments get to you that much? Wow, you really are a woman.

Here's to the Eternal Grudge!

Nymphette79
19-07-07, 23:21
You're gonna let that ONE stupid person's comments get to you that much? Wow, you really are a woman.

Here's to the Eternal Grudge!

I will admit to a few glasses of Chardonnay tonight but its not just that one person, alot of people I have come across in game don't believe it either. On the other hand I have some great friends in game who love me loads, sorry for rant just needed to get it off my chest

Apocalypsox
19-07-07, 23:27
Shoot them or have someone else come up and shoot them. Easy as that

Atleast thats what i would do O.o

Serious_Sam
19-07-07, 23:27
Oh no, no apologies required. I just assumed a typical NC type response. Minimal empathy, maximum criticism.

But yea, thats what happens when you're unfortunately a 'fantasy' to most kids online. Being or claiming to be female makes the testosterone levels go haywire in any teenager, thus making them react in totally irrational ways.

I on the other could not care less even if you were a transvestite lumber jack with a your very own 'friend' pit---'She puts the lotion on the skin or she gets the hose again'!!!

Anyway, to summarise.....fuck 'em.

a4nic8er
19-07-07, 23:54
Menstrual pains
Mental breakdowns
Mental illness
Menopause
Guynocological complications

Then, when women have REAL trouble, it's a Histerectomy.

What do all of women's problems start with?

ashley watts
19-07-07, 23:59
Just ignore em, if your a female then be a female dont let people judge you otherwise , if they say no your not, say "Webcam plx" ?

nEo-1664
20-07-07, 00:31
your'll know if she is female or not in about 3 years time when she mentions this again and we have all forgotten...

:angel:

silent000
20-07-07, 00:46
I dont care if you are a women or a man :cool: i will still make you tell me your favorite biscuit!!!

Trivaldi
20-07-07, 01:12
This thread will only further disolve into arguments, trolling and flaming so i have to close it, however if you are recieving abuse ingame please contact abuse@neocron.com with chatlogs/screenshots and if required, action will be taken.

Thread Closed.

Triv