PDA

View Full Version : Who bombed us?

Matanius
19-07-07, 15:04
So, someone or group has bombed us (http://www.neocronicle.com/?p=212) in almost the heart of our city and I'm sure that you, as much as I, would like to figure out who is responsible, so let's put our collective heads together and see what we can come up with.

Me personally....I really don't know. I guess given recent events the most obvious answer would be H.I.O.B. However, no matter what your view on him is, this really doesn't seem like his style. I can't imagine it being anything to do with Regant again, perhaps it's something to do with the supposed return of Crahn (http://www.votr-mag.com/?p=196#comments)? Or even just 'The resistance' in general.

Maybe it is even internal sabotage? I know that such a suggestion is a dangerous one to make, but can we really rule it out?

Whatever it is, I'm stumped at the moment. I hope that some of the more insightful among you can offer some suggestions.

On a a side note, was the 'accident' in Tech Haven (http://www.neocronicle.com/?p=213) really an accident or are the two incidents related? Perhaps someone can help shed some light on this issue too?

Regards,
Matan

Kanedax
19-07-07, 15:33
It was those damn combat drugged droms on that mother fuckin hovercarrier! :o

Edit: (what i really think). I would almost say the DOY alliance but as Tech Haven was also attacked I'll rule them out. The only potential mutual enemy the two cities have however is that H.I.O.B fella so perhaps it was him. If it was that coward or someone working for him expect to receive an e-mail through the citycom network gloating about his brilliance, however, with the way things are now, until a deeper investigation is made into this incident any accusations at this point are nothing but pure speculation.

StevenJ
19-07-07, 17:42
Edit: (what i really think). I would almost say the DOY alliance but as Tech Haven was also attacked I'll rule them out.

FA Technicians are repairing TH's systems... I bet they're doing more than repairing. Perhaps they did the initial damage to get in and do some serious reprogramming.

CMaster
19-07-07, 18:09
I know in some ways this is a predicatble suggestion, but:

to the end of the humanity to finally bring peace in this world.

If HIOB wants to off us all, could it be it's doing (I more and more feel that HIOB is an AI). Shame, as I rather liked HIOB - they'd been useful and friendly up until now. But then I was prepared to follow the reborn Regant until it transpired that he was actualy insane.

Kanedax
19-07-07, 18:13
Hell I wanted to follow the insane regant! Insane leaders ftw!

Zheo
19-07-07, 21:54
I think it is quite obvious...Protopharm hates NExT, they also HATE the Fallen Angels, bombing is a bit extreme but I would not put it past them. I think PP has gone on a rampage! I say...wipe them out and give the place to the cockroaches!

SorkZmok
19-07-07, 22:53
Probably some outcity scum who placed a bomb in one of the hovercabs. Either that or some dirty protopharm trying to cover a drug deal gone bad, what would i know. That HIOB is just a distraction. I don't believe that guy even exists.

And me? I was on vacation when the bombing happened. I..i..got an alibi. Oh god, if only droms could speak. Did i say drom? I err, meant hookers. Yeah, hookers. Several. Women. Yeh.

/ooc
God, now all that stuff happens and things heaten up and i can't be around. :(

Hell-demon
20-07-07, 09:44
Lot of drom loving here... O_o

Say aye if ya like droms!

nellus
20-07-07, 10:05
Aye :D

Dribble Joy
20-07-07, 15:15
Dr0ms and shatn0rs.

Chenoa
20-07-07, 15:43
This is the RP Forum, so stay on topic or iīve to close it.

Matanius
21-07-07, 13:53
Well some developments last night, the city was attacked! Unfortunately, not by Droms :p but by a new type of robot/mech. I managed to take some pictures:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/lyras_dad/shot0007.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/lyras_dad/shot0009.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/lyras_dad/shot0010.jpg

(OOC: sorry they're not very clear, were taken in a bit of a rush)

These things turned up in Plaza-3, Via Rosso-3 (I think) Pepper Park-2 and also at the Military Base too. No-one seems to know where they came from, what they are or who sent them. Hopefully more will become clear soon.

(OOC: Is there gonna be anything about this cos there were no GM's about, at least visibly, no Ceres members/Faction Assistants, the spawn wasn't announced and once they were killed we heard nothing else about it and there is still nothing in the Neocronicle about it.)

CMaster
21-07-07, 14:17
I say again, HIOB.

Chenoa
21-07-07, 14:17
(OOC: Is there gonna be anything about this cos there were no GM's about, at least visibly, no Ceres members/Faction Assistants, the spawn wasn't announced and once they were killed we heard nothing else about it and there is still nothing in the Neocronicle about it.)

(OOC: Nice shots! You should read the blue thingy over the Neocronicle or the ingame Mail (not the newsletter, everyone got this mail). No GMīs / RP Chars needed for this, itīs storyline based. And if you wanna read what happened, feel free to report about, everything is welcome, the editorial staff will be glad about runner reports)

Matanius
21-07-07, 14:40
I say again, HIOB. Hmmm..I dunno it seems too obvious and It still doesn't seem to be his style. However, given the 'tone' in his latest hack on the Cronicle I may be wrong, he did sound pretty pissed!

(OOC: Nice shots! You should read the blue thingy over the Neocronicle or the ingame Mail (not the newsletter, everyone got this mail). No GMīs / RP Chars needed for this, itīs storyline based. And if you wanna read what happened, feel free to report about, everything is welcome, the editorial staff will be glad about runner reports) (OOC: Fair do's. Was still fun none the less. Was just that the last storyline mob spawn that happened (regant mutants in the city) there was the TT Faction Assistant calling for runners to help and leading the way etc. Just thought it was always like this. Keep up the good work!:D)

CMaster
21-07-07, 15:10
Hmmm..I dunno it seems too obvious and It still doesn't seem to be his style. However, given the 'tone' in his latest hack on the Cronicle I may be wrong, he did sound pretty pissed!

A higly intelligent individual, who is quite possibly an Artifical Intelligence decides to attempt to make the human race extinct. Shortly thereafter, mysterious accidents happen with technological systems and new machines attack this city. I'd say there is a good chance of a link.

Matanius
21-07-07, 15:22
OK, having read his latest Hack again, I'm more inclined to go with that idea now. Only question is, if it is him and he is an A.I. what exactly do we do to stop him?

CMaster
21-07-07, 15:41
OK, having read his latest Hack again, I'm more inclined to go with that idea now. Only question is, if it is him and he is an A.I. what exactly do we do to stop him?

These machines have to be built somewhere, that can be destroyed.
HIOB has to exist somewhere, so we can either destroy the computers that form his intelligence, or delete the fragements of code that run on everything.

Edit: Not saying that any of these is easy however,

Or perhaps we have to accept HIOB's harrasment as another part of life, much like mutant raids, anarchy breed robberies and so on.

aKe`cj
21-07-07, 15:43

((OOC:
Call in Bill Gates... the BSOD will bring devastation upon him :p
P.S: thumbs up to the GM team.. things have picked up a nice pace lately! http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif ))

Kamuix99
21-07-07, 17:51
I've seen these bots walking around the milbase, needless to say i was very surprised. Though their threatening apearance and weapon attachments it seemed they had some malfunction in targeting system - otherwise i can't complain why these things didn't fire, except some few shots in a minute. I've never seen such robots or similar designs within Neocron, Tech Haven, the Milbase or the Dome - which brings me to the conclusion there is a player in the background with enough infrastructure and potential to manufacture these things. However this person or these people either lack combat knowledge or are still in early stage production - that's why the Robots were an annoyance but not realy deadly.

Behind HIOBs latest threat in his hackings, for me he's the main suspect.

I don't care much for political inflictions but as soon as it's harming business the fun is over and we'll get serious.

StevenJ
21-07-07, 18:27
These machines have to be built somewhere, that can be destroyed.
HIOB has to exist somewhere, so we can either destroy the computers that form his intelligence, or delete the fragements of code that run on everything.
I'm coming round to this way of thinking since you first mentioned it, HIOB could well be some kind of death circuit or digital infection ;)

Kanedax
21-07-07, 21:17
I beleive HIOB is behind this, perhaps we can bring out his location by lookingwithin Hacknet? If "he" is an AI of course.

solid-rock
15-08-07, 11:30
Its ofcourse always posible that this is something completely new. Someone whos yet to show himself.

As for HIOB, if he is an AI someone needs to do some fixing in his language code. The guy can barely articulate himself.

Edit: Any specualations as to his full name btw? Inoticed the end of his latest hack whas signed -Hiron Obtra...

Chenoa
15-08-07, 11:42
Edit: Any specualations as to his full name btw? Inoticed the end of his latest hack whas signed -Hiron Obtra...

(ooc: Tbh you should read the magazines, then you would see, what "Hiron Obtra" means. And "..." shows, that this sentence wasn't ended, he didn't sigend his hack - he didn't finish it :P)

solid-rock
15-08-07, 22:02
Wel theres alot of neocronicle and ive been gone for the first 6-7 months of 2.2 so i havent really caught up.