PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break from the bugs.

Havoc One
17-07-07, 10:24
I know no one gives a shit and you've all seen this thread before, but here goes.

Letting my accounts expire as the game just isn't fun in it's current state.

Netcode is shot. Spent almost 3 hours on tonight and never successfully zoned a single time. 1 GR was successful. Managed to de-synch for no reason at all about 4 times per hour during that time, died twice because of it.

Quit PvP several months ago and there's really no reason to try it again. The name of the game is "clip whoring on the horrid netcode" and I don't play that way.... Flame bait statement, sorry, but I'd rather win or die honorably.

PvE is pretty much dead. There are only a few places left on the map where the Loot\XP outweighs the time\trouble. And face it, it's just not fun farming the same damned 2 or 3 locations for months at a time when half the map should be profitable for a capped player; but isn't...

I've been watching the server pops plummet recently, and I don't think it's entirely because of summer. I think it's because recent changes (2.2+patches) have almost completely tapped the fun out of the game.

The state of NC is a shame really. It's my favorite game of all time, no doubt about it. And I've been playing since the first pong machines came out. But it just isn't fun anymore.

MrTrip
17-07-07, 10:55
I know no one gives a shit and you've all seen this thread before, but here goes.

Letting my accounts expire as the game just isn't fun in it's current state.

Netcode is shot. Spent almost 3 hours on tonight and never successfully zoned a single time. 1 GR was successful. Managed to de-synch for no reason at all about 4 times per hour during that time, died twice because of it.

Quit PvP several months ago and there's really no reason to try it again. The name of the game is "clip whoring on the horrid netcode" and I don't play that way.... Flame bait statement, sorry, but I'd rather win or die honorably.

PvE is pretty much dead. There are only a few places left on the map where the Loot\XP outweighs the time\trouble. And face it, it's just not fun farming the same damned 2 or 3 locations for months at a time when half the map should be profitable for a capped player; but isn't...

I've been watching the server pops plummet recently, and I don't think it's entirely because of summer. I think it's because recent changes (2.2+patches) have almost completely tapped the fun out of the game.

The state of NC is a shame really. It's my favorite game of all time, no doubt about it. And I've been playing since the first pong machines came out. But it just isn't fun anymore.

Quoted for truth there brother, it is a very sad situation.

Hope to see you all back someday =( before NC dies for good.

Seraphin[69]
17-07-07, 11:51
What killed NC is that apus were nerfed badly making all the people with an apu as their main character quit the game aswell.

PVP can be fun when you are teamed with some extra good pvpers (basically meaning at least a good damage dealer and a good ppu) but can also be a nightmare with the netcode (like having a devourer tank able to stack poison on you when they are meters and meters away).

NC surely evolved (in a bad way imo) but the bugs are still here (like the silent debuff, the shields bugs, the netcode, the crash, the syncs, the lag, the different tacticz (hack tacticz, damage tacticz and robot target acquisition etc...)

The part I don't understand in NC is why a tank with 88 ATH and 125 AGL can be faster than another tank with the exact same template. Some tanks can run as fast as a melee tank with a heavy combat weapon out...

Trivaldi
17-07-07, 12:03
Leaving Thread, Closed.

Triv