PDA

View Full Version : Bebo or MySpace???

Nymphette79
13-07-07, 20:24
I have both of these but dont overly use them.
Which does everyone prefer??

TIA
XXX

silent000
13-07-07, 20:27
Bebo > myspace :cool: yes im sad and i have a bebo!

supatheft
13-07-07, 20:27
I have myspace

www.myspace.com/dallas36

if you want added send me a message here I'll get in contact with you and give you my last name or e-mail so you can add me.

aKe`cj
13-07-07, 20:28
I dislike both.

Nymphette79
13-07-07, 20:32
See, im just a nib, I cant do all the snazzy background stuff. Both myspace and bebo confuse the hell out of my fluffy brain.

Apocalypsox
13-07-07, 20:33
I use myspace. First one to guess what my permanent Myspace domain name is gets a cookie! (Oh so hard!)

silent000
13-07-07, 20:38
ApocSmellsLikeABadger?

supatheft
13-07-07, 20:41
See, im just a nib, I cant do all the snazzy background stuff. Both myspace and bebo confuse the hell out of my fluffy brain.

It's not to hard just some copying and pasting really just find a background you like get the code copied and paste into one of your main page fields who I like to me, music, TV, etc.

Licka

Apocalypsox
13-07-07, 20:45
ApocSmellsLikeABadger?
Oh shaddup you cracker :p

Serious_Sam
13-07-07, 21:31
Death > Saddam Hussein > Sex with mushrooms > myspace/bebo.

Seriously, i never understood the point of social internet sites unless you have something to promote (band, film, artistic expressions). And if you're into promoting yourself, then you deserve a smack in the mouth for being so pompous.

supatheft
13-07-07, 21:34
It's not promoting one's self more like an open forum for your hatred or likeness of things for free..... Oh and you can whore yourself for more friends than you can ever imagine to talk to in a single lifetime. Oh and you can put pics up of yourself and proclaim how ugly or fucked up you are in them.

Licka

danmalone
14-07-07, 01:28
myspace all the way, one is enuf, my sister swears by bebo, hence why i blacklisted it on pc so she cant use it nemore 8|

Dribble Joy
14-07-07, 02:31
I'm not really into them either, apart from keeping up with old friends (many of which are old friends because you don't want to speak with them much at all) or for something like a club, like we have one at uni for the poker players.

flib
14-07-07, 03:23
I dislike both.I agree.

Lodar
14-07-07, 03:53
Facebook > Bebo > MySpace tbh :p

flib
14-07-07, 11:24
Phew..
I was surprised to see that the thread wasn't Closed.

zii
14-07-07, 13:38
Don't / won't use either. I see no need to share my life with strangers ;)

Matanius
14-07-07, 13:56
I'm not really into them either, apart from keeping up with old friends (many of which are old friends because you don't want to speak with them much at all) This is EXACTLY what I was saying on vent the other night. I jumped on to get in contact with old friends, which I did. But once you've caught up and said 'hi' you quickly realise why you've fallen out of contact with that person! lol

Now I very rarely use it, tis just full of teenagers like my little sister posting bulletins about their day to day lives and filling out the same bloody questionnaire thingy for the 20th time; Bulletin at 12:08pm 'Hi, I'm goin to ave lunch now, woooo'

16:07pm 'Now having dinner, gott go to work soon :('

01:29am 'Cum on ppl talk to me, im bored!!!'

Arrgh!! ffs get a freaking life and go to bed!

sorry, that's my little say on it :p Got a bit carried away there :)

Necpock
14-07-07, 14:20
Myspace is best tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh...

Music ftw!

Flame Bait
14-07-07, 15:05
My outlook client beats them all because it filters the spammers for me instantly. :p

nobby
15-07-07, 19:41
I personally like Bebo better because it's tidier that looking at peoples horrible myspace templates.

I know Bebo is just a home to chavs...

eugh

what can I do eh ?

To be honest, because of Bebo, I've had old school friends I lost contact to, contact me again...

Made me very teary...

Kierz
15-07-07, 20:16
me and my mates were using myspace's bulliten thing to arrange when to go out, but we just use a forum now

forums>myspace/bebo/whatever :P

Nymphette79
20-11-07, 00:20
Am totally converted to facebook, and addicted, WOW so many applications, tis fun. Loving it atm, got in contact with so many people from yrs gone by especially old school buddies. And to add to the excitement theres a Neocron2 group :)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=800684884 tis me

Trivaldi
20-11-07, 00:55
Facebook > MySpace > Bebo tbh :p
Fixed :p

Facebook is king, it's a great tool for keeping up with old friends and finding them.

Just as something to keep in mind for this thread, before everyone posts links to their profiles.

Behind your forum username you are as private as you wish to be, some people post their websites or pictures of themselves and yet some post nothing at all. Social networks reveal allot about yourself if not protected correctly. Facebook is the worst offender from the networks mentioned in this thread as if you don't choose your settings wisely you can be giving out your address and even your telephone numbers to complete strangers.

If you've posted a link to your profile but have decided against it, just PM me or Lodar and we'll remove it for you. I'm sure none of you need a lecture in internet security, by all means feel free to share your links for these networks, just keep your own security in mind when you do.

Triv

Yes, i know it's an older topic but fresh conversation can be made. You never know in those 4 short months people may have changed their minds

CMaster
20-11-07, 01:04
WOW so many applications, tis fun.

This phrase makes me glad that I can't see your profile.

Nymphette79
20-11-07, 01:07
Miserable old fart, give DJ his job back

Trivaldi
20-11-07, 01:25
Don't tempt me to go back on the decision to leave this open, please cut the flaming and get back on topic.

Triv

Danae
20-11-07, 11:57
I'm ashamed to say I have a myspace *but* I only use it to keep in touch with long distance friends, former co-workers, and high school class mates (because our 10 year reunion is in December *eek*) and I loathe telephones. I'd sooner send an IM than pick up a phone.

Brammers
20-11-07, 12:18
Neither - I use Facebook, as thats the one everyone has been asking "Are you on Facebook"

Matanius
20-11-07, 18:01
Neither - I use Facebook, as thats the one everyone has been asking "Are you on Facebook" Aye, just started Uni this year and that's almost the first question from EVERYONE'S lips, so I guess I better get on it :p

Logan_storm_03
20-11-07, 19:27
I got facebook and myspace.

www.myspace.com/neocrack
-or-
www.myspace.com/db_nodachi

Lodar
20-11-07, 20:27
Triv surely you're not condoning bumping old threads? ;)

Actually I've changed my mind since this thread was last active - I've deleted my Bebo account and locked my MySpace - MySpace just seems to attract spammers and false accounts. Theres also been a proliferation of myspace accounts being stolen arbitrarily for this purpose recently. As for Bebo, I scrapped that one for personal reasons.

These days its all about Facebook. As people have pointed out, its one of the first things people seem to ask these days, and almost everybody I've ever known is on Facebook now.

Though for the record, I don't want to be a Vampire, or a Werewolf, or a goddamm pirate! (Applications suck) :p

And to reiterate what Triv said, certainly on Facebook - keep your profile hidden to non-friends, and even then consider using a limited profile for friends you're "not really sure about".

William Antrim
20-11-07, 20:35
I have facebook too, its great for being dug up by old girlfriends you really wish you had forgotten..... :lol:

ashley watts
20-11-07, 22:09
http://www.myspace.com/wattsybabeh

myspace ftw :p

Dead Bodies
20-11-07, 23:07
I have facebook too, its great for being dug up by old girlfriends you really wish you had forgotten..... :lol:

sounds like you dont want to be forgotten.... :wtf:

... is someone looking for pity fucks? :wtf:

J/K

Humm i don't use either untill now. last week i setup one (http://www.myspace.com/papaneri) to try and find some old friends now it just sits there.. kinda wondering if it was a bad idea... employers can check that sort of thing..

zii
20-11-07, 23:22
I dislike all of these types of sites.

By using some of these sites, like Facebook, the user waives all rights to his personal data and online content. [Did you click the 'Yes, I agree' button and not read the small print when you signed up?] The rights are passed to the site, which falls fowl of the Britain's Data Protection Act in some areas. Yes, this includes all your photographs. Facebook is currently under investigation by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.gov.uk However, it turns out that most people are happy to float their personal details around the net, which is the national lottery in reverse (It could be you) :lol:

For the dirt read this :
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/20/facebook_uk_data_protection/

Rage
26-11-07, 00:33
myspace all the way, one is enuf, my sister swears by bebo, hence why i blacklisted it on pc so she cant use it nemore 8|

Evil >_>

But FTW t(>_<t) FaCeBoOk ~!!! All tha way :angel:

RogerRamjet
26-11-07, 01:10
Facebook was made of win up until all the ridiculous applications came about.

Since most of my mates are at Uni it's pretty good to keep in touch with them since they check it every 10 minutes. It's also funny to see how many embarrassing pictures emerge of them.

William Antrim
26-11-07, 01:37
sounds like you dont want to be forgotten.... :wtf:

... is someone looking for pity fucks? :wtf:

J/K

Not at all, they looked for me not the other way around. I do fine on the woman score.

RusSki
27-11-07, 00:07
myspace too damn slow and exploitable.
Facebook is where its at.