PDA

View Full Version : Played in NC1 beta, coming back now (again :)

Figuramatyi
13-07-07, 11:11
Hey mates,

I was pretty much having my brains exploded when I played NC1 in beta many years ago. I have attempted to come back 2-3 times already, but the lack of population/friends and the very old GFX just kept me away.
However, I can't get rid of the sound in the back of my brain telling me that I really should play NC :( - there is just no alternative out - a cyperpunk postapocalyptic MMORPFS is what I have always been dreaming about.

So, tell me: if I don't want to be in a clan/guild etc. for a long time, am I still be able to develop and enjoy the game (albeit in a much slower pace?)

Tks for your time :)

F.

flib
13-07-07, 13:11
Sure, just keep in your Law Enforcer. That way, no one can kill you, but they can ridicule you for it.

Kanedax
14-07-07, 06:50
bah dont listen to flib, as a fellow NC1 beta player i can assure you that its not as good as those golden days but todays NC really isnt bad at all, the general population is good, not very high but fun people, the pve needs a lot of work, and the netcode is garbage, but all in all i enjoy playing day in and day out.

Flame Bait
14-07-07, 10:07
So, tell me: if I don't want to be in a clan/guild etc. for a long time, am I still be able to develop and enjoy the game (albeit in a much slower pace?)

I would say without a guild you will be up shits creek for a very long time unless you want to strictly RP or PVE. Sadly without a WoC capped character and difficult to get items you will be severely gimp in PVP anyway. So about all you could possibly do is PVE which is much harder then NC1.

Matanius
14-07-07, 10:11
I wouldn't go as far as Flame Bait, but for sure, without a clan it can be tough. I think if you have friends in-game and have a good understanding of how the game works then you will be fine. It all depends on what you want to do exactly

flib
14-07-07, 11:14
bah dont listen to flib, as a fellow NC1 beta player i can assure you that its not as good as those golden days but todays NC really isnt bad at all, the general population is good, not very high but fun people, the pve needs a lot of work, and the netcode is garbage, but all in all i enjoy playing day in and day out.

Kanedax wants to gank you, don't listen to anything he says.

Matanius
14-07-07, 11:23
Stop it, the pair of you!!!

flib
14-07-07, 11:26
Well it's true.

danmalone
14-07-07, 13:27
i > kanedax :P

Zheo
14-07-07, 14:46
Just because he isn't part of a clan doesn't mean he can't work with people that are in a clan, join up and go to mc5, woc tunnels, etc etc. It just means that he'll have to have some friends now and then if he wants to do those things.

Asurmen Spec Op
14-07-07, 14:51
Hey mates,

I was pretty much having my brains exploded when I played NC1 in beta many years ago. I have attempted to come back 2-3 times already, but the lack of population/friends and the very old GFX just kept me away.
However, I can't get rid of the sound in the back of my brain telling me that I really should play NC :( - there is just no alternative out - a cyperpunk postapocalyptic MMORPFS is what I have always been dreaming about.

Tks for your time :)

F.
Yup, not too much issues. Its not too hard to go it alone.
Make some friends for the high level stuff, but most of it can be done solo ;)

Apocalypsox
14-07-07, 19:34
i lived without a clan for a LONG time, multiple months and i got along fine

danmalone
14-07-07, 19:39
same with me, then i got dragged into a clan and spent all my riches :(
just ask stevenj, i was rich until i met him :p

Asurmen Spec Op
14-07-07, 20:06
Im a clan with myself :o

silent000
14-07-07, 20:35
Ive never rele been unclanned, i used to play Mercury and was with clan nexus from a low level and joined eXL on Terra on my melee tank about 2.5 years ago and never left ;)

danmalone
14-07-07, 20:45
joined eXL on Terra on my melee tank about 2.5 years ago and never left ;)

am i readin that correctly, are u sure? :p

Dribble Joy
17-07-07, 02:51
NC2 started nearly three years ago....

Kanedax
17-07-07, 04:57
I will come in late to defend myself on this issue, no i dont want to gank him while hes a noob, after hes rank 58 or so fair game to me, and yes Propane > me :o

Figuramatyi
17-07-07, 12:26
Hey folks, that's a lot of nice info - I just had my account reactivation confirmed today (paybycash is slow...), so I'll guess i'm reactivating my long time frozen toon (still a noob btw) this evening. (the woman of the house is working late :P)

So, see you in game, maybe :) and again, tks for responding!

F.

cl0wn
30-07-07, 02:11
I would say without a guild you will be up shits creek for a very long time unless you want to strictly RP or PVE. Sadly without a WoC capped character and difficult to get items you will be severely gimp in PVP anyway. So about all you could possibly do is PVE which is much harder then NC1.

There are no guilds in neocron there called clans. ;)