PDA

View Full Version : Old player returning...and dissapointed...

GiggityGoo
12-07-07, 23:25
Hey,

Old player here from NC1 - quit when NC2 was first released.

I just got a trial again to see what the game is like from the start and my god it has changed. The thing is, I really think it has changed for the worse. All the things that made NC1 fun have gone and the game just seems really badly made. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't great with NC1 but at least it was fun to play. I made a couple of characters just like I used to have, made a little rifle spy at MB, ran out straight to the launchers to start leveling. The place was deserted! I saw ONE person standing afk at the gogo who quickly logged off after I tried to talk to them.

Another thing that sucks that mobs can actually kill you! In the good old days I could run out to the launchers with my new apu for example and happily level with a small group of people. This time I died before I even got there. My health didn't jump back up. Boooooo. I'm not saying I like the game to be easy but it just used to be so much better before. Also, the new character models just look retarded. They all look stupid with ugly faces, retarded hair styles and just plain gay. The old skool models just looked much better. These ones have a slightly anime dodgy model look to them.

I've been watching some videos of Op wars and the people playing just seem retarded. Everyone shooting bullets in all directions and missing. Fights lasting for freaking 15mins for a 1v1. Back in the day people used to be able aim at least, unless they've nerfed weapons beyond belief. My droner used to be able to mosquito people to death in about 30 seconds if they didn't grow a braincell and blow up my drone. I don't know what high-end pvp now is actually because i've honestly not tried it, and I doubt i'll bother activating my old account. Purely because they had all their items lost when KK decided to delete all my stuff when I tried NC2. Luckily for my they screwed up Click2P(r)ay and I got my money back. Haaaa unlucky.

Edit: Oh yeah, Griever's appt has gone...bah

Anyways, just my thoughts for improvement:

1. Bring back NC1.
2. That is all.

Peace out.

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-07, 23:44
PVP doesn't take that long, most 1v1s I see are less than a min :P

Kierz
12-07-07, 23:57
..yeah i was wondering wtf fights has he been watching.. op fights between ad and TERRArists usually last up to 2 minutes (no offence ad, ur fun to fight) with 5-10 people (ppu supported) getting dropped one by one.... 1v1 fights last like 20-30 seconds most of the time imo

you should go watch some op fights live, instead of op fight videos..

edit/ one at jeriko now if you're there

Bozz-Von Mel
13-07-07, 01:07
I disagree, I think its much better than it was, its just not as fun because its not "new".

silent000
13-07-07, 02:09
Another thing that sucks that mobs can actually kill you!

Hmmmmmm :lol:

Dogface
13-07-07, 03:01
edit/ one at jeriko now if you're there

You think he was the newbie we killed? :lol:

Apocalypsox
13-07-07, 03:18
im going to not listen to this...because the first thing i read was
"Monsters can kill you now! This sucks!" yeah...dont think so...

braydagner
13-07-07, 05:34
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.........

i thought that mobs killing me was a bug...

Bredahl
13-07-07, 06:15
i thought that mobs killing me was a bug...

Its not?! :eek:

Archtemplar
13-07-07, 07:15
im going to not listen to this...because the first thing i read was
"Monsters can kill you now! This sucks!" yeah...dont think so...

its true that many things about nc are causing its slow death, but what was posted here is not it.

nellus
13-07-07, 07:36
In the good old days I could run out to the launchers with my new apu for example and happily level with a small group of people. This time I died before I even got there. My health didn't jump back up. Boooooo. And you realy think this is realistic? A 0/2 noob character with no skill going straight outside to kill 32/32 - 50/50 mobs ? Come back to the real world.

Bredahl
13-07-07, 08:46
And you realy think this is realistic? A 0/2 noob character with no skill going straight outside to kill 32/32 - 50/50 mobs ? Come back to the real world.
Try and read the text in your quote again?

"in the good old days" and im pretty sure he wasent talking about someone new to the game? it was VERY possible to start killing launchers at the bunker as 0/2

Flame Bait
13-07-07, 08:49
it was VERY possible to start killing launchers at the bunker as 0/2

Still is if you got AOE.

Archy
13-07-07, 09:30
I just returned.

Different atmosphere from the playerbase , community is everchanging in different states. There's always 2 sides to a medal.

I quite Like 2.2 , i have played nc1, nc2, nc2.1, and nc2.2 now and Eventually it's different, better more or less. New problems discovered to replace the one's gone. But At least it's there, and working.

And it's still evolving, you know i quite like the 3d models (weapons) but the char models Could be improved with more diversity.

I actually had a good time in pepper park with some of my toons. And i'm having more fun than expected leveling a low lvl pistol PE with other people.

Could be worst, could be better. It's actually not boring me atm , I like what they did to the soulight system, There's more things coming, the game evolves slowly but surely.

If you can find anything even comparable to the PVP in this game come tell me cause i've played them all , and this game has very high pvp quality. I am a pvper , i hop on different pvp mmo's on and off as time goes. I feel like playing a certain game more than another. I try to rotate my subscription not to get bored. I am seriously have a very good time at the moment.

I could not attend the recent Event. This game seems to have at least events, a storyline , more or less working at times.

Seriously i feel home here, i can say shit and fuck and theres no lord of the ring online carebear around the corner reporting me and telling people to ignore me like an ignore propaganda queen. Yes there's a limit and i know what it is, because i use logic , conscience and respect.

Remember this is an MMO, you have the right to socialize, to RP, to tradeskill. It's not carebear to do so. People who say that RP'ers are carebears are wrong. People who say tradeskillers are carebears are wrong. But i think that someone LE'd at 80/64 makes no sence. No matter what he says , he does not understand that it's what a game is all about, risks, thrill. Your heartrate is supposed to increase while pvping and while your immersed. Neocron does that to me at moments, sometimes wwiionline. No other games have deep, pure pvp like that.

Dont get me wrong I'm not a huge fanboy neither. I could make a whole post about flaw's but it's not constructive. There's always flaws, bugs in any game, and game's are never perfect. I fre'd twice in the last 5 days. I am used to that, takes 10 seconds to log back in. I dont gank immobile people (except droners) because they usually fre. Especially on zonelines. What's more lame than killing someone who fre, or sync. I seriously must have spared a hundred kills at mb entrance. (edit : and they all thanked me with respect afterwards, and im sure it influenced them in the future to do the same.)

But i am a long time player, i know what's worth it and what's not. Few days ago there was anti city snipers in MB, i was on my droner , and released after hiding not too far. I went straight up to that crest and blasted both. One died and one fled if im not mistaken.Half a dozen noobs were pinned down by them and asked for support.

They thanked me after. Great feeling to see them reach the bunker, you know you made a difference. Name me another game where you have impact on other players like this ? It's actually not carebear to do so, They were mostly low level runner's from neutral and allied factions. I simply pvped to change the runner dynamics. I did not roleplay, i could have said in zone that i was about to make a zone scan with my drone as there are highly dangerous criminals equiped with snipers on the hill crest (the top one that i dont even know how to access, dont remember, vehicules i think).

I have to explain here, that in a game so fast like neocron, time can be a huge advantage, and sometime's combat tactics,strategys and manoeuvres , to improve your situation awareness, will sacrifice any roleplay involvement to keep your own runner 'on the low'. You Concentrate more on PVP than RP'ing in most time's as it's not censentual battles. It's very normal.

later that day i was mentoring a newbie, and someone was lvling near us (near the bunker). It was a runner with NO Law enforcer , about 35ish rank, minding his own business.

He was neutral to me, and i could have easily killed him in 2 hits. But what's the point or where's the challenge. I am in this for the challenge, i expect to kill and die.

I remember Cage Rage. That was quite an RP event. One of the best i've been in. I will try to get more involved here with both the pvp and rp community and contact Chenoa (i think) for idea's. I saw the contest and will do my own thing soon. I have until the end of the month.

I am not dissapointed. There's still more to come. There's some things still not fully balanced obviously. The pve is harder than ever but at least the game is a challenge now, and that might be a + not to get more bored quick.

flib
13-07-07, 10:00
Try and read the text in your quote again?

"in the good old days" and im pretty sure he wasent talking about someone new to the game? it was VERY possible to start killing launchers at the bunker as 0/2
I'm pretty sure that he was just saying that it doesn't make sense for a noob to be able to kill Launchers, not that they couldn't.

Nymphette79
13-07-07, 10:27
They all look stupid with ugly faces, retarded hair styles and just plain gay.

Did you learn nothing from Chris Moyles??? 8|

nellus
13-07-07, 11:54
I'm pretty sure that he was just saying that it doesn't make sense for a noob to be able to kill Launchers, not that they couldn't.

Thanks Flib that is exacly what i was trying to say.

I was ther in NC1 I know wat was possible etc. Dosn't mean it was right.

Original monk
13-07-07, 12:23
hellow im original monk

i didnt read the whole thread my apology, i have a few questions also and will ask em here, if they remain unnoticed i shall make a new thread no prob

will implants be redesigned ?

are hybrids ever comming back ? or the new skillsystem + impsystem permanently killed every form of hybrid ? (monk, tank, trader)

will apumonks be viable again in the future ?

Thanx :)

flib
13-07-07, 13:37
hellow im original monk

i didnt read the whole thread my apology, i have a few questions also and will ask em here, if they remain unnoticed i shall make a new thread no prob

will implants be redesigned ?

are hybrids ever comming back ? or the new skillsystem + impsystem permanently killed every form of hybrid ? (monk, tank, trader)

will apumonks be viable again in the future ?

Thanx :)
Implants have been redesigned:
Gloves are implants now and now require an implant skill of the glove.
Implants are damaged when you get shot now.
The implants don't just give whole points anymore, they give parts of points. (example: DEX + 5.45)

I doubt Hybrids Monks will come back. They designed it so that a certain amount of APU points gives a PPU penalty, and a certain amount of PPU points gives an APU penalty.
People are afraid that Hybrid Monks would be overpowered again if they tried to balance them, even though they really only have to decrease the penalty a little bit so that they're not completely a waste.

Any kind of hybrid with Construction is a bad idea since you want as much Construction as possible for slots and stats.

APU's are terrible for leveling.
A capped APU with a PPU is notorious; enough damage to kick your ass real quick, and good resists to hold off any damage you can inflict while they're kicking your ass.

Original monk
13-07-07, 14:28
ow ok :/

thanx for your quick response flib !

Selendor
13-07-07, 16:02
I've been watching some videos of Op wars and the people playing just seem retarded. Everyone shooting bullets in all directions and missing.

They're not missing, its just the clipping and netcode makes op wars look and feel retarded.

Dribble Joy
13-07-07, 16:35
Imps were redesigned, but a rework is - supposedly - also in the works.

Also, the APU/PPU malus to PPU/APU spells was removed years ago. It's the reqs to the spells that makes things hard.

Bozz-Von Mel
13-07-07, 19:30
They're not missing, its just the clipping and netcode makes op wars look and feel retarded.

Unfortunatley thats true. However, I have yet to see a MMORPG with FPS that works seamlessly. Until the whole world is continuously linked with fiber optics from PC to PC I dont think it will be perfect.

CMaster
13-07-07, 19:39
I'd still like to see NC but with actual FPS combat, rather than the normal MMO target-based combat system, but an esoteric way of targetting that we have at the moment. Not likley to happen mind.

GiggityGoo
13-07-07, 20:55
Unfortunatley thats true. However, I have yet to see a MMORPG with FPS that works seamlessly. Until the whole world is continuously linked with fiber optics from PC to PC I dont think it will be perfect.

Vendetta Online, Tabula Rasa.

I agree with what people have put about PvP. I agree totally. Neocron does have the best pvp system I have ever played with. The whole concept is fuckin perfect:

-Reticle Aiming
-Con points combined with armour types
-Different damage type weapons
-Implants
-Synaptic Imparement
-Most importantly REAL skill dependant. You have to AIM. This is skill. Unlike fuckin shitty wow point and click waste of time.

It really does work really well. Adds a whole dimension that other games don't have.

But I can't help but feel that kk have screwed it up. The game just feels unpolished and if anything slightly amateur. I just can't help but imagine what this game would be like if it was made by a larger company with more resources and perhaps better 'taste'.

Of course I was joking when I was talking about a noob leveling with mobs clearly higher level. It was just a LOT more fun and enjoyable to start with a new character in NC1.

Just a question...I heard PPUs now suck. In NC1 on my PPU i would NEVER die unless I was just retardedly slow on my SD and heal. I think this is the way it should be. This is the ONLY GAME I have played EVER that I ENJOYED a being support class. I really felt that my roll was fully justified. But I read some time ago that PPUs got nerfed and people could actually kill them. Obviously I think if the player sucks then they should go down like a sack of shit but not if they play their class well and have invested time to get decent spells etc. Oh yeah is holy cathartis or whatever still in? The bubbly aoe buff that removes poison and stun? Also using lower level res so you 'dance' about. These little quirks are what made NC1 great. Players using spells and skills in different ways to try and beat people.

I think KK should stop all this evolution thing and take a look at their cards. They've got one of the best concepts for an mmorpg ever. Very few people have heard or tried this game and i just know that half the people have seen it are turned off by the looks and feel. If KK could try and expand their company and actually rework their game it could be something huge. I just feel that although effort is being put in its not whats required. The engine change from NC1 to NC2 was a joke imo. I could hardly tell what changed apart from lag and some different grass and trees. Please KK, do the right thing and get HELP.

Take your concept and this community to a new home. Take the devs and staff and start fresh with some help from the big boys.