PDA

View Full Version : More RP needed.

delphinius
09-07-07, 06:34
Neocron is dying. This is a sad fact. This is also a problem easily remedied. Neocron is only dying from lack of RolePlay. There would be more demand for players, more fun, and a more cyberpunk atmospheres if you would pay attention to the NC history and actually believe in your factions ideals. The problem with most people in NC is that people don't believe in what they play for... and they just play to play. What everyone needs to do is take a step back, look at what you believe and what the factions believe, and take those grudges to heart in game. I love this game, but if the other people out there who love this game as much as I love this game they need to take it to heart and learn to play for fun, and learn to RP or the game will, sadly, finish dying. Let's get the game back. Push for more RP!

flib
09-07-07, 06:37
I agree. Back in NC1, there was a whole hell of a lot more RP. That's why it was so much more active than it is now. I'm sure we can all agree that more server population is something that everyone wants, carebears, scammers, gankers, alike.

SorkZmok
09-07-07, 08:19
Most people play games just to play. Not to roleplay.

More roleplay won't populate NC or fix anything. This game is suffering from a lot more than just the lack of roleplay.

But i agree we need more RP. If i ever get my work done, i'll try and get some mini events started. Or whatever i can. :)

delphinius
09-07-07, 08:24
What's one problem that hasn't been a direct or indirect result of lack of RP?

flib
09-07-07, 08:26
This is a RolePlay Game, that's what RPG stand for. That's what separates it from just another FPS. New players would be much more inclined to keep playing the game in a more fun environment, which is what RP makes.

Lack of RP obviously isn't the only thing causing this game to die, but it's a key factor.

Trivaldi
09-07-07, 08:34
At the moment the Ceres Team is very active in producing content in relation to the Global Storyline, The Death Circuit as well as for the faction changes mentioned in Holger's announcement last month. There's allot of action happening in the webzines too - www.votr-mag.com & www.neocronicle.com.

Also remember to engage any roleplay characters you see ingame as they are there to encourage role play within the game, you can find a list of these characters here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133634). RP is never discouraged and motivation is always in supply to RP from the Ceres Team, taking a look at the webzines allows you to see that it's easy to contact these RP chars outside the game world as well.

Triv

Flame Bait
09-07-07, 08:51
I would role play a bad man who sleeps with all the women in NC just to stir up drama. :p

Apocalypsox
09-07-07, 08:53
More roleplay won't populate NC or fix anything. This game is suffering from a lot more than just the lack of roleplay.

Says you!
I personally joined Neocron because i love the post apoc atmosphere and to RP in it. but for my tastes...neocron is a bit too much established. i like to have to scrounge through the wastelands to find what i need, not have it all conveniantly placed in a zone in a sealed-in city. I hope that bringing all the factions back to the dome will help with the protective feel of neocron. I liked it in NC1 when you couldnt trust people as far as you could throw them, and you always had to watch your ass.

and Flame Bait, Some of us have done alot worse than that :lol:

i think me and maybe...was it Assman? roleplayed a drunk and a beggar or something in Plaza 1 once for like 3 hours. It was great! (I was the drunk naturally :D )

delphinius
09-07-07, 08:54
At the moment the Ceres Team is very active in producing content in relation to the Global Storyline, The Death Circuit as well as for the faction changes mentioned in Holger's announcement last month. There's allot of action happening in the webzines too - www.votr-mag.com & www.neocronicle.com.

Also remember to engage any roleplay characters you see ingame as they are there to encourage role play within the game, you can find a list of these characters here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133634). RP is never discouraged and motivation is always in supply to RP from the Ceres Team, taking a look at the webzines allows you to see that it's easy to contact these RP chars outside the game world as well.

Triv

I recently posted a story in both these forums and the Techhaven.org forums that I was hoping would get me a reporter position for VOTR, I'm an avid reader, it's actually my homepage.

Matanius
09-07-07, 08:54
What's one problem that hasn't been a direct or indirect result of lack of RP? Lmao, I'm surprised no-one else has jumped on this one. I haven't been with the game as long as others but I'll try my best here; the complete lack of balance amongst the weapons and classes, the broken PvE, login failures (some people have to log in almost 10 or more times before they can start playing), Zone line bugs (where you cross it and your glider blows up), the many, many vehicle bugs, constant fatals (admittedly not as bad recently) I'm sure there are more, but I'm sure someone else will tell you :p

I do agree with you to some extent though, we definitely need more RP in this game. Clan MAU was on the way to making some events but recent events and our 'events- co-ordinator' leaving has kind of put that on hold.

RP ftw!

Chenoa
09-07-07, 09:43
I recently posted a story in both these forums and the Techhaven.org forums that I was hoping would get me a reporter position for VOTR, I'm an avid reader, it's actually my homepage.

Read HERE (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139933) how to apply for a position as a Reporter or Faction Assistent. To post in the RP forums isnīt an application.

nellus
09-07-07, 09:58
Don't forget the cliping :p

solid-rock
09-07-07, 11:47
Roleplaying ftw! If you need information on any specific piece of neocron lore checkout The Wiki (www.nc-wiki.com).

Lmao, I'm surprised no-one else has jumped on this one. I haven't been with the game as long as others but I'll try my best here; the complete lack of balance amongst the weapons and classes, the broken PvE, login failures (some people have to log in almost 10 or more times before they can start playing), Zone line bugs (where you cross it and your glider blows up), the many, many vehicle bugs, constant fatals (admittedly not as bad recently) I'm sure there are more, but I'm sure someone else will tell you :p

I do agree with you to some extent though, we definitely need more RP in this game. Clan MAU was on the way to making some events but recent events and our 'events- co-ordinator' leaving has kind of put that on hold.

RP ftw!

In my opinion everything even bugs can be explained away in a lore setting. If a person is constantly fataling or reloging for some purpose than what other explanation could the be than him being stuck in a Gene Replicator flux his signature being randomly teleported across the map at intervals.

Gash jackel
09-07-07, 12:24
RP is tricky to do. But yeah Neocron suffers a lot of problems. Many of them not RP related.

ashley watts
09-07-07, 14:01
RP is toss tbh ! :p

Dribble Joy
09-07-07, 14:16
lore
That word is almost as bad 'canon'.

Please refrain from it's use and use phrases such as 'fluff', 'back ground' or 'story line'.

Anyway, RP is what you make of it, alas most people here detest RP and will actively seek to undermine it and prevent it from happening.

As for myself, I love a bit of RP, though not in the way that some others do.
I don't like taking on the personality of a character. To me that seems indicative of some degree of personal insecurity, similar to that which many actors posses.
If you see me RPing, it's me filling a role. The personality is still me.

spikeownzu
09-07-07, 14:53
more roleplay please

solid-rock
09-07-07, 15:08
Me thinks DJ is over analysing stuff.

Dribble Joy
09-07-07, 15:13
It's kinda in my nature to do so :p.

Though it's not necessarily something I'd support (depending on the nature of it's implementation), probably the best way to bring in more RP is create means by which RP would be of benefit to the players.

How to go about that without a full-time event/RP team (Ie. a purely game mechanics based system), I am not entirely sure.

delphinius
09-07-07, 17:34
That word is almost as bad 'canon'.

Please refrain from it's use and use phrases such as 'fluff', 'back ground' or 'story line'.

Anyway, RP is what you make of it, alas most people here detest RP and will actively seek to undermine it and prevent it from happening.

As for myself, I love a bit of RP, though not in the way that some others do.
I don't like taking on the personality of a character. To me that seems indicative of some degree of personal insecurity, similar to that which many actors posses.
If you see me RPing, it's me filling a role. The personality is still me.

The way you talk here, forgive my saying so, makes you sound like you have more insecurity than anyone else. It appears you are afraid of adopting another personality for fear that you will lose yourself in it, or that you may like it better than the one you have now... I could be entirely wrong, but it's just a thought

Apocalypsox
09-07-07, 17:36
I personally like the RP characters i usually think of better than my own :lol: just cause of the pure humor usually involved in their creation (Like that one time at DRT...)

solid-rock
09-07-07, 18:54
We need to prod the ceres guys to be more active. Quick someone hand me a a stick.

Apocalypsox
09-07-07, 19:29
*Throws solid a tazer*

Much better than a stick! will keep them up for hours too! :D

Serious_Sam
09-07-07, 19:46
I was under the impression that by playing ans a spy/tank/PE/monk, you are already fulfilling a role. Your own personality as a human being fills in the 'fluff'.

I used to do live action roleplaying (Vampire the Masquerade), but now i'm too much of a realist to pretend to be something i'm not (unless it gets me pussy).

Sure, RP can't hurt, and there is no reason for it to happen as long as those not too keen on it can be left alone and not bitched at for not playing pretend.

Asurmen Spec Op
09-07-07, 20:37
Says you!
I personally joined Neocron because i love the post apoc atmosphere and to RP in it. but for my tastes...neocron is a bit too much established. i like to have to scrounge through the wastelands to find what i need, not have it all conveniantly placed in a zone in a sealed-in city. I hope that bringing all the factions back to the dome will help with the protective feel of neocron. I liked it in NC1 when you couldnt trust people as far as you could throw them, and you always had to watch your ass.

and Flame Bait, Some of us have done alot worse than that :lol:

i think me and maybe...was it Assman? roleplayed a drunk and a beggar or something in Plaza 1 once for like 3 hours. It was great! (I was the drunk naturally :D )

Haha, note to self, first thing I do ingame is beg for credits while acting drunk.

RP in NC can be fun folks, you could even try and make another FETISH.

Or you could not be as sick and twisted as we were :P

Dribble Joy
09-07-07, 21:11
The way you talk here, forgive my saying so, makes you sound like you have more insecurity than anyone else. It appears you are afraid of adopting another personality for fear that you will lose yourself in it, or that you may like it better than the one you have now... I could be entirely wrong, but it's just a thought
It works either way, depending on how you view it. It's subject to many things, like the necessity for the recognition of self relative to that of a wider community (which in itself is open to massive debate and dependant on relative ideological standpoints), whether you are paranoid about your self, feeling your identity is something you are not closely linked to or have control over, thus creating a fear of loosing it, if you have insecurity over your self's nature and wish to eradicate, hide or run from it or replace it, reveling in something that despite the fact it may be even more flawed or shallower, holds the greener grass feeling, or you may be quite confortable with your nature as it is.

Personaly I am closer to the latter. While I have serious character flaws and generally despise parts of my nature, I have more or less come to terms with them and tend to get on with things by directing my personality along paths that tend to work and avoiding 'contact' with parts that cause problems.
Trying to ignore all of that and trying to be something I am not in order to batter my way through things (and probably end up being even more messed up at the end) seems counter-productive. In entertainment or outside it.
Not that I haven't tried it, which I have on a number of times, but it seemed to grate too much.
That's not to say I'm stubborn or unwilling to allow changes. My general outlook on life tends to run against that, I am objective to the point where I question the validity of an objective perspective. If you ask me a philisophical or ideological question I generally shrug and say I have no opinion on the matter.
As the usefullness of such an outlook it's not really much help, no. Though it does allow you to look at a situation and find answers. Of course most of these generally end up running against other people's as they are free of the assumptions and rules they unintentionally and unknowingly (or knowingly dependant on their beliefs) impose on the issue at hand, a classic example being social engineering.

solid-rock
09-07-07, 21:29
I think the real issue we have is that all the regular players who signed up for the ceres project is taking too litle initiative. Or perhaps far too few people did sign up for it. Ive only really seen 1 or 2 faction assistants ingame and only when they just hapened to show up at MOTU.

CMaster
09-07-07, 21:42
I think the real issue we have is that all the regular players who signed up for the ceres project is taking too litle initiative. Or perhaps far too few people did sign up for it. Ive only really seen 1 or 2 faction assistants ingame and only when they just hapened to show up at MOTU.

Based on coversations I have had with a nameless person involved, its perhaps not the people who signed up's fault that they don't get involved much.

solid-rock
09-07-07, 22:44
Whas my impression that they where suposed to take initiative to organize events themselves but i may be wrong.

Zefrian
09-07-07, 23:15
really? But the announcement done by Chenoa (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139933) sounds like the other way round: Faction Assistants seems to have some liberties - see:

Faction Assistants will become of more importance than before, wonīt be bound to the alliances as extremely as before anymore. I canīt and donīt want to reveal any more at the moment until the time comes.
Fact will be, that the faction assistants will work almost like the Faction Councellors of NC1; more self-employed and almost exclusively for their own faction.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-07-07, 07:01
The only chance of RP being in NC if the people do it, regardless of how great the GMs might be. All those events are for most people is a way to try and get things they can gloat about.

If ya want more RP, then roleplay, people will usually roleplay back.

there went my 3333 posts, DAMNIT

Apocalypsox
10-07-07, 08:14
OWNED! Its ok. I missed my 1,337 post. i think tommorow ill conduct a little test in P1 and see if roleplay still lives in NC.

Dribble Joy
10-07-07, 09:41
7,331 is 1337er.

I'm waiting on my 14,662 post now.

Flame Bait
10-07-07, 11:26
While im not big on RP i do like PVE, Missions and a bit of Tradeskilling just because it gives me something to do.

I own real guns and i could go to the range 7 days a week rather then play games. But its not even near the same as the enjoyment from playing games which can bring so many different elements together. Killing people in a game is more fun for me then me waving my shit around at a real person and watching him piss himself. Not that im afraid to handle my business but usually the biggest bully you might run into is actually just a big coward.

I love fishing and at a younger age had a big urge to go deer hunting. My mother however threatened to shoot me if i hurt poor little Bambi. So it took me a couple years and later i gave up the idea after realizing im not going to skin and eat that dear. So there really was no point for me wanting to kill it just for a quick thrill. But going Gator fishing on the other hand was a blast and those suckers taste so damn good.

Now back to this role playing thing here. I don't have to feel remorse for killing a helpless Drom. Nor do i have to feel like an asshole for killing some guy in game who would love nothing more then to kill me. There is also an objective similar to being a soldier in the war and dying for your country. I like the point of fighting for control of outposts and knowing its going to be a never ending battle. No matter if its for the right or the wrong reason it has a purpose behind it.

To me the one thing that every other MMO lacked was having a real objective or the ability to make change within the game world. You can kill every NPC and player in most games and then the server will just reset everything back the away it was. Having such a dynamic world such as NC offers is something many will miss once its gone. The only games that even come close to being relatively similar have the most shitty turn based PVP imaginable. They also don't have GM's who actually play along with the community and get involved from time to time.

I think KK being more then just the guys who run the game is what has kept the game alive by preserving the underlying RPG element. You wont find a GM in WoW who will show up in your apartment dressed like a transformer and actually has the intentions of helping you with problems. You will get some instead get some lazy rep sending you a canned response about how utterly useless the in game support is in most other games.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-07-07, 11:34
I don't have to feel remorse for killing a helpless Drom.
I had to stop here.

Poor drom :( :( :( :( :(
how COULD YOU!?

Flame Bait
10-07-07, 11:58
The Drom died so Bambi could live happily until a Bear got ahold of her ass.. :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
10-07-07, 12:07
But droms are so much more sexble than dear!

Flame Bait
10-07-07, 13:12
But droms are so much more sexble than dear!

You know they poop from there right? :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
10-07-07, 13:15
Not right now they dont.

Flame Bait
10-07-07, 13:18
Not right now they dont.

I hope you slapped on a rubber glove on before you went in an checked.

Zheo
10-07-07, 13:47
Hence why i set up Sokuko! It is a PURE role play clan, we follow what is written under Tsunami, and nothing more. We entertain, we extort/blackmail etc. and we pimp hoes! For this we have a club, and are look into opening more, We have
two players who play hookers for us, and yes they ARE actually female people in RL I checked ;) We pay them for their err services. We even have spies in some factions getting information from us, etc etc. We get bitched at by most of the server but we don't give a crap what people say, we play to role play if you don't like it then sod off to a normal FPS this is an MMORPG! FPS :)

Flame Bait
10-07-07, 23:01
We have two players who play hookers for us

Whats the hourly rate on these hookers you speak of?

Asurmen Spec Op
10-07-07, 23:28
I second this.

CMaster
10-07-07, 23:46
I'd be more interested in the by-the-minute rate.

Fixed.

Dribble Joy
10-07-07, 23:52
Minute? On a good day that be then?

Serious_Sam
11-07-07, 00:26
SO yea, Role Playing, great stuff....

Cromac
11-07-07, 03:29
Role play is creepy, please keep it in the bedroom. I do not wish to see it.

Matanius
11-07-07, 03:48
RP in the bedroom ftw!

flib
11-07-07, 04:31
Role play is creepy, please keep it in the bedroom. I do not wish to see it.
This is a Roleplay Game, if you don't like Roleplay, maybe Neocron isn't for you? =O

Kanedax
11-07-07, 06:28
This is an MMORPG kind of, really a game is defined by the people that play it, and the majority of the ppl that play NC don't roleplay for the most part, id say due to that its kind of an MMOFPS

Asurmen Spec Op
11-07-07, 07:49
Minute? On a good day that be then?
I have a patent pending on the gatling penis, my quickyness is countered by shear AMMOUNTS!

flib
11-07-07, 08:07
This is an MMORPG kind of, really a game is defined by the people that play it, and the majority of the ppl that play NC don't roleplay for the most part, id say due to that its kind of an MMOFPS
No, the game is defined by the people that make it.
The game is ruined by the people that play it.

Flame Bait
11-07-07, 13:41

QFT :)

SorkZmok
11-07-07, 14:04
So games should not be played then?

The people playing a game can't ruin the game. They could play it another way the developers were thinking of.

I might be playing the game in a way that's ruining YOUR way of playing. But as long as i stick to the rules, that's your own problem really.

delphinius
11-07-07, 18:15
So games should not be played then?

The people playing a game can't ruin the game. They could play it another way the developers were thinking of.

I might be playing the game in a way that's ruining YOUR way of playing. But as long as i stick to the rules, that's your own problem really.

Regardless of how things may seem, it's not his problem. The game is marketed as an MMORPG, thus implying that Reakktor wants it to be an MMORPG, thus implying that RP would be good in the game as it is, in fact, an RPG. If you don't like Role Playing, or if you don't enjoy the Cyberpunk feel to the game, or perhaps you're just so closed minded that RP frightens you so you must say you don't like it because of your own insecurities, inferiority complexes or whatnot, I pity you. However, it doesn't change the overall fact that this IS an MMORPG NOT an MMOFPS, therefore, play the game as it is meant to be played.

delphinius
11-07-07, 18:19
We need to be pushing for more RP in the future. RP is needed for all people of Neocron. The game, being an RPG by nature will fail without RP. I can only hope that more people will see that and the true spirit of RP will survive through this slum with the Gankers, and the Scammers,who without the RPrs would have no victims and who do nothing more than ruin the game for all of those who wish to enjoy it.

I call for KK to start removing people from play who do not RP. The game is an MMORPG, we need some strict guidelines to keep it an RPG.

Bredahl
11-07-07, 18:26
I call for KK to start removing people from play who do not RP. The game is an MMORPG, we need some strict guidelines to keep it an RPG.

Lol... im sorry but.. idiot? :rolleyes:

SorkZmok
11-07-07, 18:27
Regardless of how things may seem, it's not his problem. The game is marketed as an MMORPG, thus implying that Reakktor wants it to be an MMORPG, thus implying that RP would be good in the game as it is, in fact, an RPG. If you don't like Role Playing, or if you don't enjoy the Cyberpunk feel to the game, or perhaps you're just so closed minded that RP frightens you so you must say you don't like it because of your own insecurities, inferiority complexes or whatnot, I pity you. However, it doesn't change the overall fact that this IS an MMORPG NOT an MMOFPS, therefore, play the game as it is meant to be played.Where did i say i don't roleplay? I never even said i had a problem with it.

I was just stating that you can't just say that a way of playing a game is right while another is wrong.

When i shoot some poor red tradeskiller he might not like it, yet he can't complain. He's supplying my enemy. What does he expect me to do? Roleplay an angry man and swear at him? :)

If someone wants to see this game as an fps OR as an RPG , fine. I do enjoy the pvp part the most, yet i know what rp is and am definately not scared or whatever to get involved.

And if i would've had more time in MAU, i could prove it. :(

Matanius
11-07-07, 18:31
I call for KK to start removing people from play who do not RP. The game is an MMORPG, we need some strict guidelines to keep it an RPG. OK dude, now you're just getting downright militant about it. I'm all for RP and think there should be more in the game. But I'm assuming you've seen the state of the pops on NC at the moment? You really think MAKING people do something they may not want to do is going to help that?

And if i would've had more time in MAU, i could prove it. :(
Dude, we're not going anywhere :) And you're still in the clan, can't get rid of us that easy :p

EDIT: I've been using 'dude' for too much recently. I don't even know why :lol:

delphinius
11-07-07, 21:20
Ok, perhaps, in my anger, I overreacted. But Non-RPrs should at least respect the rights of those who want to RP. Not call us idiots, or losers, or freaks, or carebears, or any other number of things I've been called in the last three days. We, who like to RP, will RP, and we would like to have that right reserved and not have someone criticise us for it. Also, if you don't want to RP, don't bother with the RP events. It just annoys people.

flib
11-07-07, 21:43
This is absolute bullshit.
Because of a group of stupid people who just wanted to fight, which is pretty much everyone else that was there to help save Jack Red, the event today was ruined for the 2 or 3 of us that realized that it was a ROLEPLAY event.
Apparently you didn't realize that it was a roleplay event, because pretty much every single one of you complained about how you didn't get rewarded or get to fight anything.
I don't care that you don't want to Roleplay, but you didn't need to ruin it for the few of us that did by cluttering the chat with spam, getting on top of Jack Red and "sex"ing him and making stupid pretend roleplay comments, mocking us for enjoying it.

I was killed once, almost twice, because Kanedax decided it was a good idea to spam poison grenades in the crowded apartment.

All that was needed to fix this, was a single GM to supervise and teleport everyone who was ruining it to the happy hippos in the swamp. Kind of like at MOTU.
If you recall, it was pretty chaotic untill the GM's decided to press real hard, and then everyone was nice and well behaved and everyone had a great time. We need Reakktor to apply the same system from that to these events so that assholes don't ruin the event for those of us who enjoy fun.

Apparently the Dome runners didn't ruin the event at all and actually had a good time. I'll be cutting my ties to people and clans of Neocron and joining the great Fallen Angels very soon.

delphinius
11-07-07, 21:45
Apparently the Dome runners didn't ruin the event at all and actually had a good time. I'll be cutting my ties to people and clans of Neocron and joining the great Fallen Angels very soon.

You're quite right, the Dome Runners did VERY well with the event. We even fired rounds into the air when we succeeded in saving Ronald. TO THE DOME!

Bredahl
11-07-07, 21:50
Ok, perhaps, in my anger, I overreacted. But Non-RPrs should at least respect the rights of those who want to RP. Not call us idiots, or losers, or freaks, or carebears, or any other number of things I've been called in the last three days. We, who like to RP, will RP, and we would like to have that right reserved and not have someone criticise us for it. Also, if you don't want to RP, don't bother with the RP events. It just annoys people.

I will play along if someone starts to RP (sometimes anyways), but then again, if i see a "RP'er" with LE in i WILL call him a carebear, looser and whatever - You cant fucking roleplay in this game WITH a LE!! it completely ruins everything about the game to be LEd, especially for RPers.
How the hell can you RP with a LE, in a game with "danger around every corner"?

Anyways, i dont mind RPers, unless they use LE.

Dogface
11-07-07, 22:04
This is absolute bullshit.
Because of a group of stupid people who just wanted to fight, which is pretty much everyone else that was there to help save Jack Red, the event today was ruined for the 2 or 3 of us that realized that it was a ROLEPLAY event.
Apparently you didn't realize that it was a roleplay event, because pretty much every single one of you complained about how you didn't get rewarded or get to fight anything.
I don't care that you don't want to Roleplay, but you didn't need to ruin it for the few of us that did by cluttering the chat with spam, getting on top of Jack Red and "sex"ing him and making stupid pretend roleplay comments, mocking us for enjoying it.

I was killed once, almost twice, because Kanedax decided it was a good idea to spam poison grenades in the crowded apartment.

All that was needed to fix this, was a single GM to supervise and teleport everyone who was ruining it to the happy hippos in the swamp. Kind of like at MOTU.
If you recall, it was pretty chaotic untill the GM's decided to press real hard, and then everyone was nice and well behaved and everyone had a great time. We need Reakktor to apply the same system from that to these events so that assholes don't ruin the event for those of us who enjoy fun.

That sounds like my kind of event, I should have been there.

flib
11-07-07, 22:20
[ edited ]

Dogface
11-07-07, 22:22
Sums it up yeah.

flib
11-07-07, 22:26
[ edited ]

Zheo
11-07-07, 22:27

Prices depend on what you want, handjob, blowjob, sex, or a threesum. Also if you have an appartment in TH or need to rent one of our rooms.

Dogface
11-07-07, 22:27
[ edited ]

I'll let you think what you like, I don't particularly care.

flib
11-07-07, 22:31
I'll let you think what you like, I don't particularly care.
Well it's the only thing that explains why you enjoy ruining other people's fun with malicious intent for no good reason. =/

solid-rock
11-07-07, 23:01
I will play along if someone starts to RP (sometimes anyways), but then again, if i see a "RP'er" with LE in i WILL call him a carebear, looser and whatever - You cant fucking roleplay in this game WITH a LE!! it completely ruins everything about the game to be LEd, especially for RPers.
How the hell can you RP with a LE, in a game with "danger around every corner"?

Anyways, i dont mind RPers, unless they use LE.

Technically removing ones LE is a felony. And like all felony's in neocron it is punished by death.

Really i cant see why people must always bitch about people who would like to remained LE'd. Sure i can break down in a crying fit everytime i see an LE'd person wearing a woc armor but if someone wants to enyoy neocron without being fucked over by anyone and everyone then they should be alowed that pleasure without having people constantly screaming abuse at them beacouse of it.

And i was quite disapointed in the people who ruined todays reque of jack red aswell. I may have expected abit more action when i went there but i enyoyed it no less when i found it was pure RP. If you come there only for the sake of a potential fight atleast have the decensy to shut the fuck up and leave your gun in your quickbelt during RP.

delphinius
11-07-07, 23:09
Technically removing ones LE is a felony. And like all felony's in neocron it is punished by death.

Really i cant see why people must always bitch about people who would like to remained LE'd. Sure i can break down in a crying fit everytime i see an LE'd person wearing a woc armor but if someone wants to enyoy neocron without being fucked over by anyone and everyone then they should be alowed that pleasure without having people constantly screaming abuse at them beacouse of it.

I think the LE is a necessary part of the game. Untill you're capped, removing your LE basically gives you a death wish because of the pricks that decide they want to kill everything that moves without an LE in.

silent000
11-07-07, 23:14
I think the LE is a necessary part of the game. Untill you're capped, removing your LE basically gives you a death wish because of the pricks that decide they want to kill everything that moves without an LE in.

But isn't that part of a cyberpunk atmosphere?

delphinius
11-07-07, 23:24
I think the biggest part of the cyberpunk atmosphere is the ability to save yourself from that pain with the advent of a new technology.

Dogface
11-07-07, 23:38
A pain-free, post apoc, cyberpunk planet..?

Bredahl
11-07-07, 23:55
FFS will you stop that bullshit?! you WONT get ganked all the time without LE, just look over your fucking shoulder/or just dont go to the well known PK places.

I think the biggest part of the cyberpunk atmosphere is the ability to save yourself from that pain with the advent of a new technology.
Yes thats VERY cyberpunk :rolleyes:

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-07, 00:08

Cyberpunk is a science fiction genre noted for its focus on "high tech and low life"

yeah... uh...
no..

As far as the "dont take out your LE till your caped" You really should try it sometime. You have to actually be CAREFUL. You can't run off to popular places without being careful. It makes things more challenging and interesting.

Flame Bait
12-07-07, 00:13
As far as the "dont take out your LE till your caped" You really should try it sometime. You have to actually be CAREFUL. You can't run off to popular places without being careful. It makes things more challenging and interesting.

In other words you get to enjoy sitting in your apartment.

Yes that must get real interesting.

Dribble Joy
12-07-07, 00:16
leave your gun in your quickbelt during RP.
PvP (or PvE) is part of RP too. Clearly there's a difference between that and ganking of course, but blanket denouncing it doesn't help the RPer's cause nor that atmosphere of the game.

I'm an RPer, and I'm a PvPer. I PvP according to the RP situation.

delphinius
12-07-07, 00:19

you say that like I've never taken my LE out. From my personal experience, you can't run around anywhere without getting killed without it in. It's fun and interesting when you can fight back and you don't get killed with one shot.

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-07, 00:23
In other words you get to enjoy sitting in your apartment.

Yes that must get real interesting.
right. Because you know theres other leveling places than regents and MB. :rolleyes:
I take it you never took yours out because you were worried about the 'evil gankers'?

suler
12-07-07, 00:26
PvP (or PvE) is part of RP too. Clearly there's a difference between that and ganking of course, but blanket denouncing it doesn't help the RPer's cause nor that atmosphere of the game.

Good point, I've found a lot of RPers make a split between RP and PVP. The problem I've always had with most RPers is that if you don't RP the way they want to, you aren't actually RPing in their eyes and they look down on you. Examples of this can be seen in this thread. It's this elitist attitude that I think keeps a large chunk of people away from RP.

Flame Bait
12-07-07, 00:40

You know i almost got banned once for killing an Event Coordinator. He was part of a group of players and other GMs who were protecting him in a convoy. I just thought it would be cute to role play an assassin and crash the party. Later i regretted it later because it turned out to be a really cool event which the Event Team spent alot of time to put together.

The problem right now is people from a certain clan are aware that even if they get banned KK cant stop them from coming back with PBC. So they do whatever the fuck they want to make others unhappy and quit the game.

solid-rock
12-07-07, 00:46

Completely taken out of context you know. This whas in reference to an event with no combat involved at all where certain mindless pricks felt the need to nuke crowded rooms and pull copbots onto the LED RP chars (the ones from the ceres project not players).

Flame Bait
12-07-07, 00:52
right. Because you know theres other leveling places than regents and MB. :rolleyes:
I take it you never took yours out because you were worried about the 'evil gankers'?

There are a few mid level spots all of which besides MB are far from a GR and a GG. I dont know how you made money as a noob but the everyone i know made it selling junk. Therefore nearby access to a YO's or a GG means you can actually afford a new weapon once in a while.

Im definitely not afraid of anyone who has to hide behind a game to feel power btw.

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-07, 01:02
There are a few mid level spots all of which besides MB are far from a GR and a GG. I dont know how you made money as a noob but the everyone i know made it selling junk. Therefore nearby access to a YO's or a GG means you can actually afford a new weapon once in a while.

Im definitely not afraid of anyone who has to hide behind a game to feel power btw.

gankers dont run about the wastes looking for GGs to gank noobs at. Theres tons of good spots with GGs that no one ever goes to.

gankers feel power by ganking? I just thought it was something to do.

Flame Bait
12-07-07, 01:07
gankers dont run about the wastes looking for GGs to gank noobs at.

Your right because they keep characters logged off in those places.

You think i just started playing this game yesterday?

silent000
12-07-07, 01:11

Yes thats exactly what we do o_O

Flame Bait
12-07-07, 01:19
Yes thats exactly what we do o_O

Yep nothing like watching a WoC capped spy show how bad ass he is by killing noobs.

silent000
12-07-07, 01:22
Im nto actually capped; 99 dex but meh and i think my last kill was 2 weeks ago and even then i payed him compensation cus i felt bad.

I just tend not to kill people because im friendly with nearly the whole population, so dont give me some shit saying im a ganker and i kill noobs cus thats just not what i do

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-07, 01:39

Im starting to think just that.

Dogface
12-07-07, 02:24
I kill lowbies for the free symp.

Dribble Joy
12-07-07, 02:41
gankers feel power by ganking?
For many of them, yes, it's the classic control over something/someone unable to resist/retaliate thing.

Dogface
12-07-07, 04:30
Jesus fucking christ, there's no secret thrill in killing a lowbie. It's a matter of if you can kill them, you do. It's no different than attacking a fully capped player. It's even the same as attacking a PPU, there's not much point in it, but there's not much point in not doing it. I'd be pretty surprised if anyone in NC did get kicks out of killing a lowbie.

For me it's got to a stage where I'll attack anyone I'm not friends with, but for most people it's red = dead.

sanityislost
12-07-07, 04:37
hmmmmm roleplay...i never really found it as me taking on another personality.
it would just be me if i was in that situation. if i wanted to agree with what my
faction did i would help it by killing it enemies, if i wanted to be a dick i would
set my mind on killing people in my faction.

I think the main thing that turns people off roleplay, is they think it has to go as
far as pretending they are some guy living in a outpost killing wee crabs for food.
Or be some twat ressing rares all day hoping he can get enough cash for a blow
from a 3 titted whore in pepper park.

Just stir some shit up....kill who you want and give a rp reason to do so.
if they bitch and say that isnt rp make sure you kill them again and make there life hell.

SiL ..:..

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-07, 04:37
SiL!

<3

sanityislost
12-07-07, 04:39
SiL!

<3

Rawr <3 :P

[edit] Btw happy b-day XD

Apocalypsox
12-07-07, 04:40
Just stir some shit up....kill who you want and give a rp reason to do so.
if they bitch and say that isnt rp make sure you kill them again and make there life hell.

"We" tried that >_> It didnt end well. the man broke us up...

sanityislost
12-07-07, 04:43
"We" tried that >_> It didnt end well. the man broke us up...

i heard, was rather fucked up. (wont say anymore b4 i go on a rant lol)

Apocalypsox
12-07-07, 04:48
Twas. You had no idea how much control it took for me to phrase it that way :lol:

anyways, MAU 4tw! considering we seem to be the primary pro RP clan atm, everyone Pro RP join us!
More shameless self promotion from yours truly!

flib
12-07-07, 08:56
Completely taken out of context you know. This whas in reference to an event with no combat involved at all where certain mindless pricks felt the need to nuke crowded rooms and pull copbots onto the LED RP chars (the ones from the ceres project not players).
Lmao that sounds familiar!

delphinius
12-07-07, 11:52
With the exception of one or two of you on this thread, namely thus far, Flib, Flame-bait, and Dribble Joy, I am not surprised that NC is dying. It's the people like you who are killing it for those of us who enjoy it for what it is.

SorkZmok
12-07-07, 12:13
With the exception of one or two of you on this thread, namely thus far, Flib, Flame-bait, and Dribble Joy, I am not surprised that NC is dying. It's the people like you who are killing it for those of us who enjoy it for what it is.
I hardly doubt DJ is on your side. And Flambait is exactly what his name states. He's some bitter random ex player just trying to piss off people. And if the carebears and roleplayers were the majority here, he'd be flaming those. :rolleyes:

And we are not killing NC just because we don't share your opinion. Neocron always was based around pvp. Even the devs said so. So calm down. Rather find a way inbetween instead of just wishing all the pvers to hell.

You want roleplay? Go roleplay. But stop fucking telling us what we should be doing. Live and let live, you know?

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-07, 13:18
[ edited ]
Its ironic that here you say you "enjoy it for what it is" but you want the game(and the community) to change. It is what it is, not what you want it to be.

DR REED
12-07-07, 13:34
I hardly doubt DJ is on your side. And Flambait is exactly what his name states. He's some bitter random ex player just trying to piss off people. And if the carebears and roleplayers were the majority here, he'd be flaming those. :rolleyes:
And we are not killing NC just because we don't share your opinion. Neocron always was based around pvp. Even the devs said so. So calm down. Rather find a way inbetween instead of just wishing all the pvers to hell.
You want roleplay? Go roleplay. But stop fucking telling us what we should be doing. Live and let live, you know?

Be serious ;) "Live and let live" that's sometimes the problem all here is orbiting around^^.

A ganker is able to destroy the game of a roleplayer, in contrast the roleplayer mostly is not. And things become more difficult if the first is an ally killer (suppose RP rate is zero^^). Therefore it is a little bit single-edged.

And there is another problen: communiction. In many situations a roleplayer and a non-roleplayer (not ganker !) are talking different languages^^. Often the non-roleplayer has a (player) knowledge about things the char shouldn't have.

Or another example: Pro-Clan A (non-rp) attacks OPs from Pro-Clan B, which is a RP-based clan. What do they communicate ? Clan A states: because you are on with enough people and we want to make OP fights. Clan B would not understand the attack of an allied clan because so many red OPs are on the map. Communication is difficult then.

Sometimes i think both are playing the game at cross.

Some additional remarks:

Whatever theb Dev's are saying, do you believe it is the right direction ? :p

If Neocron is pvp based with priority for what are all the locations good for ? The conference center, the furnitures, the housing, lot of commodities, the political instruments and and ? I admit that pvp is a very important game mechanics but its my sight that Neocron is offering a fantastic environment for roleplaying, much more than the other MMOs.

Flame Bait ? Flame Bait is executing very good analysis, i guess. It does not affect me as an example for "bitterness".

greetz ;)

Kanedax
12-07-07, 15:26
Lmao that sounds familiar!

Ey i resent that...I only shot nades....and did a lot of yelling, annnd there were no copbots involved, only a lot of appropriate sexing of Mr. Jack Red. :angel:

flib
12-07-07, 16:09
You fucking killed me.
There was no good reason to spam grenades, none.

It's hard for us to rp when you're spamming the chat with shit.

Someone DID try to get Mr. Red killed with a Copbot, I remember that part distinctly.

All you people did was stand there hindering rp.
I wanted to enjoy it, but you made it fucking impossible.

Dogface
12-07-07, 16:10
[ edited ]

flib
12-07-07, 16:41
And yet I'm somehow inclined to no longer be his friend.

Flame Bait
12-07-07, 17:35
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

flib
12-07-07, 17:47
[ edited ]
Classic!
That's gone in my quotes.txt =)

Kanedax
12-07-07, 18:12
Hey in the name of grenade spammin there must be some collateral damage, its the nature of the beast. AAAND you gred out, we were going to rezz you but you gred out, and i also offered to get your belt but w/e I had fun at that event. Also i rly dont think a copbot could kill jack red tbh, hes effin */72

Kamuix99
12-07-07, 18:20
My 5 Cents,

i think that people complaining about LEd Players (no matter if they are capped, wear a PA or participating RP events) need to compensate for something on them that's gotten too short - feel free to speculate where that would be located

Must be realy hard to see someone you can't shoot and prove how awesome powerfull you are - especially toward players below Rank 50. There is a cure though, either you invite some city guards for a sparring (at least you're the undoubted PvP Champ) or my LEd trader can sell you some remnants left by Hurlers so you can enlarge your bodycenter well enough :lol:

flib
12-07-07, 18:23
I waited like 5 minutes and there was no one in the room.

Mr. Red got hit once and it took out a chunk of his health.

Kanedax
12-07-07, 18:27
Lol i never complain about led characters they can do their thing, nor do i usually gank low lvls or any of that, yesterday i got bored, got psyched about the event, got bored at the event, and then amused myself, oh and by the way flibby, there were people in there lol, i got rezzed right there, and right as you gred someone was about to rezz you.

Edit:Well then maybe he should work on his con setup! :p

flib
12-07-07, 18:59
The thing is that you ruined it for me and a handful of other players that would have enjoyed it. You could have just as easily amused yourself in PP1.

Lodar
12-07-07, 20:11
I'm closing this thread for cleanup - after I reopen it, please refrain from trolling and flaming each other. If I have to close it again I won't reopen it.

Lodar
12-07-07, 20:20
Thread re-opened, any more trolling or flaming and I close it down permenantly. This is a obviously a fiercely contested issue, but please try and keep it civil.

Serious_Sam
12-07-07, 21:29
The problem with RP-ing is basically what happened above, except you can pass off such unwarranted behaviour as role playing. The same with scamming. Maybe measure could be taken to deal with individuals who actively ruin RP sessions. But that leaves us with another problem of false accusations.

Either way, it will most probably turn into a mess. But it just wouldn't be Neocron otherwise, would it?

Hell-demon
12-07-07, 22:11
I think we should have less RP and more funding for public schools.

sanityislost
13-07-07, 01:40

i think i should lick your back

flib
13-07-07, 08:34
The problem with RP-ing is basically what happened above, except you can pass off such unwarranted behaviour as role playing. The same with scamming. Maybe measure could be taken to deal with individuals who actively ruin RP sessions. But that leaves us with another problem of false accusations.
Easily fixed: console.log

Flame Bait
13-07-07, 08:37
except you can pass off such unwarranted behaviour as role playing.

I crashed one freakin RP event on Saturn using the RP excuse and they threatened to ban me.

Why is it different now???

btw im a changed man so my past will remain in the past. :p

Kanedax
14-07-07, 06:58
Agreed!

Apocalypsox
14-07-07, 06:59
Fuck public schools! More funding for apocs alchohol habit!

Zheo
14-07-07, 14:52

Yeah Asurmen is right, you never know if SoKuKo will turn up and extort or execute your lil noob's ass,

Asurmen Spec Op
14-07-07, 14:52
See Im right!

thats a first :lol:

Plus, its free con!

Flame Bait
14-07-07, 14:54
Plus, its free con!

I can get that from copbots. ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
14-07-07, 17:44
I can get that from copbots. ;)
but with people its like suprise buttsex, except with con instead of butt love..

Flame Bait
14-07-07, 20:24
but with people its like suprise buttsex, except with con instead of butt love..

Im not into the whole buttsex with man chocostick thing.

But whatever floats your boat. :p

Serious_Sam
16-07-07, 19:03
Good to see we're all staying on track here, lol.

Hell-demon
16-07-07, 20:59
The butt sex is ok as long you yell "surprise!"

Kanedax
16-07-07, 21:17
:D buttsex

ashley watts
16-07-07, 21:24
(_)_)====D---(_|__(

Yummeh choc sticks

Trivaldi
17-07-07, 11:59
Lodar has already given this thread fair warning and clearly you have completely ignored this.

Thread Closed.

Triv