PDA

View Full Version : Particle Nemesis

solid-rock
08-07-07, 11:42
Id like to make a sugestion for changing the Particle Nemesis drone a bit but i am aparently not alowed to make threads in the balance forums.

At any rate ive had a hard time hitting my targets when rampaging around Pepper Park witch ofcourse is to be expect seing as people rarely stand still to take the beating. However due to the Nemesis firing in slow bursts of 3 shots often my allies and clan mates move into my firing line between the first and 3rd shot and unfortunately theres litle i can do to help it seing as i cant stop the drone form firing off its last 2 shots.

Now my sugestion is that the Particle Nemesis be changed to either deliver those 3 shots mutc faster, where talking twice or even tree times the curent speed in this case. Or that it be made to only fire a single shot and keep its curent firing speed. In my opinion the last option would be the best as this would in no way afect the drones damage output to either side yet still make it considerably easyer to handle in a pvp situation.

ashley watts
08-07-07, 13:24
Dude that drones allready powerfull and its rather piss easy to aim, its just the drone doesnt lock to the target for very long, which is Ok because if it did youd never be able escape it :p

Bredahl
08-07-07, 14:23
Heh most shit idea ever..

1: DONT FUCKING USE DRONES IN PP1!! The place is gay enough as it is..

2: PN is allready very powerfull - can shoot though stealth, does a good deal of dmg, are almost impossible to kill.

silent000
08-07-07, 14:44
Meep!

solid-rock
08-07-07, 15:17
Heh most shit idea ever..

1: DONT FUCKING USE DRONES IN PP1!! The place is gay enough as it is..

2: PN is allready very powerfull - can shoot though stealth, does a good deal of dmg, are almost impossible to kill.

If people would take a minute to acually figure out what im sugesting here. I dont want the particle nemesis to be made any more powerfull nore do i wanna improve its aiming capabilities. Rather id like its firing mode changed to one that is more controlable as friendly fire is quite an issue with the curent setup. The 3 shots simply are too far apart so by the time the second one goes off your target has quite likely moved out of your firing arch whereas any allies chasing the same target may have moved into it and you will invulountarily hit them seing as you cannot stop the drone from firing off the last 2 shots. If you had taken the time to read through my post properly youd see that what i am sugesting is that the particle nemesis be changed to single shot firing rather than burst.

Bredahl
08-07-07, 15:37
I know what you was suggesting, and the only thing that makes PN just a little okay, is the fact that most droners will hurt theire team mates with it as much as they hurt the enemy.

For the record i hate droners, and i always will hate them. "oh no im too scared to go out and get shot myself, so i just take this little flying thing of doom, and ******** anyone" - and if the get close to your meatsack you just release the drone and stealth away - i HATE droners :rolleyes:

Jodo
08-07-07, 15:49
Surely that's reason enough to use a different drone? You have to adapt to each battle and choose your weapons carefully. The PN seems fine as it is.

Flame Bait
08-07-07, 16:17

If it was not burst that would make it harder to hit you in stealth after the first shot no?

Faid
08-07-07, 19:19
Lol Solid, stop hittin me with that damn drone! :p

ashley watts
08-07-07, 19:54
I know what you was suggesting, and the only thing that makes PN just a little okay, is the fact that most droners will hurt theire team mates with it as much as they hurt the enemy.

For the record i hate droners, and i always will hate them. "oh no im too scared to go out and get shot myself, so i just take this little flying thing of doom, and ******** anyone" - and if the get close to your meatsack you just release the drone and stealth away - i HATE droners :rolleyes:

This is the reason why i sex this sexeh man, takes the damn words outta meh mouth :-)

Archtemplar
09-07-07, 08:22
I dont know if it was a bug or what, but i emptied a mag from my CS on my friend's PN and it did negligible damage... while it was staying still... must of been lag... living across seas makes this game that much more enjoyable.

solid-rock
09-07-07, 11:29
I dont think it whas a bug really the only thing that has done any real impact on my PN in quite a while whas a Dev. Only reason he got close eanough to get an aim at the drone though whas beacouse he whas an ally. Evene though its not a bug dosnt mean its right for it to be that way and really considering the speed of drones it would be fiting for them to be more vulnerable. However my primary concern at the moment is the one mentioned here. Seing as its pretty mutch a minor tweak aswell im hoping that KK will be more receptive to the idea than having to do a rebalance of drone health and resistance.

Also i am mutch ofended by your blatant envius hate toward me and my kin :P. Not my fault i havent bothered to cap my tank yet.

Oh and as for using another drone there is hardly mutch choice. There are only 2 real worthwhile raredrones and with the recent trend of nerfin all but a few weapons the once mighty Raptor has been nerfed to utter uselessness.