PDA

View Full Version : [ooc] Doctor Who In Us... Plus Second Season Of Eureka Coming Out!!!!

Heavyporker
07-07-07, 21:42
CRAHN ALMIGHTY! Last night's season premiere of, what, the third season of Doctor Who was awesome! That Martha Jones is smokin'!

Also, if you've been dead or a retard for the past year, there's this show on the Sci Fi channel called Eureka, which kicked so much ass that it's not funny. The second season of this series is on at 9pm Tuesday (the 10th) on the Sci Fi channel. Previews are looking sweet, and the jailbait teen babe is looking sweeter than ever, and Jo (hardass (in both senses of the term) cop babe) looks as hot as ever. I cannot wait!

Jodo
07-07-07, 21:48
We saw the last episode of Doctor Who season 3 last week. It was a decent season but next season promises to be a bit crap if you dislike Catherine Tate. Apparently Kylie is going to be in the Christmas Special this year which can't be a bad thing. ;)

Heavyporker
07-07-07, 21:54
Shit, I forgot to bring up:

Second season/parter of "Psych" and "Monk" is coming up next Friday (the 13th).

I was blown away by "Psych", it kicked so much ass it got ridiculous, I fell hard for it. Dule Hill makes an awesome comic relief and sidekick, and he was cool in "West Wing", too.

CMaster
07-07-07, 21:57
Martha may be hot, but her character ends up being rather uninteresting.
Also, always feels a bit weird saying "series 3 of doctor who" when its technically series 29 now...

Matanius
07-07-07, 22:07
Lol, yeah. Martha got a very bad press, but I didn't think she was that bad, just had some very big shoes to fill in the shape of Billie Piper (much as I hate to admit it, she was pretty damn good).

I really don't like Catherine Tate though, may even put me off watching it, and with David Tennant leaving at the end of the '4th' series and Russel.T.Davis leaving too I don't know whether I will be atching it for much longer. :p

Jodo
07-07-07, 22:29
Also, always feels a bit weird saying "series 3 of doctor who" when its technically series 29 now...

Yeah that always bugs me too, but wasn't it called DR Who and now it's called Doctor Who? Technically a different title I suppose.

Fega
07-07-07, 22:48
Am I bothered?

IceStorm
07-07-07, 23:03
CRAHN ALMIGHTY! Last night's season premiere of, what, the third season of Doctor Who was awesome! That Martha Jones is smokin'!Why do you wait until it airs on SciFi in ultra-compressed cable crappiness instead of picking it up each week as it airs on BBC?

If Nielsen doesn't want to count my DVR watching, I have no reason to bother watching it on SciFi, not when I can get it a mere few hours after it airs on the BBC (if that).

CMaster
07-07-07, 23:04
Lol, yeah. Martha got a very bad press, but I didn't think she was that bad, just had some very big shoes to fill in the shape of Billie Piper (much as I hate to admit it, she was pretty damn good).

I really don't like Catherine Tate though, may even put me off watching it, and with David Tennant leaving at the end of the '4th' series and Russel.T.Davis leaving too I don't know whether I will be atching it for much longer. :p
RTD leaving is a good thing. All the best episodes are writted by Moffat or guests, while RTD just likes to be very gay (as in homosexual), and writes crap like Love and Monsters, or the rather daft end to this series.

IceStorm
07-07-07, 23:13
RTD leaving is a good thing. All the best episodes are writted by Moffat or guests, while RTD just likes to be very gay (as in homosexual), and writes crap like Love and Monsters, or the rather daft end to this series.THANK YOU.

I thought I was the only one who disliked the whole "love" bullshit angle in the last three seasons. Swear to god, gimmie back the complete lack of love interests we saw in the first 26 years. So much better back then, even with the cheesy special effects.

Matanius
07-07-07, 23:34
meh, fair enough I see your point. Either way, I wasn't really into it when Christopher Eccleston was the doctor, not that he's a bad actor in fact I quite like him but I never really watched it. David Tennant however is fantastic and I only got into it when he became The Doctor.

Not that it's all about the actors ofc :p

rob444
08-07-07, 01:05
I'm looking forward to this season of Eureka :)

nellus
08-07-07, 08:47
Eureka rocks

Loved the first series......and Jo

As for Doctor Who i don't think ive watced a full series since Tom Baker was the Dr

Matanius
08-07-07, 08:48
ahhhh...Tom Baker ftw!

Heavyporker
11-07-07, 21:30
Ahhhh....

Last night was awesome, saw Eureka AND Harry Potter movie.

Eureka season premiere was awesome as heck, Harry Potter movie disappointed. Why, oh why, did the sodding bastards butcher the book so badly? That duel battle was just idiotic with all the stupid swirling glowing lights going up/down/sideways like the flash with a bad case of radioactive trots.

Jodo
11-07-07, 22:32
Ahhhh....

Last night was awesome, saw Eureka AND Harry Potter movie.

Eureka season premiere was awesome as heck, Harry Potter movie disappointed. Why, oh why, did the sodding bastards butcher the book so badly? That duel battle was just idiotic with all the stupid swirling glowing lights going up/down/sideways like the flash with a bad case of radioactive trots.

Cos they wanna be Star Wars with cool lightsaber fights. :rolleyes:

nellus
12-07-07, 11:12
Just watched Eureka this mornng, was a fiery start to the season.

Loved it, can't wait for next week.

Heavyporker
13-07-07, 22:35
Nellus, you watch Stargate: Atlantis, right? So does Eureka's preview for next week seem to be a ripoff of a certain Ancient artifact, hmm?

flib
13-07-07, 22:58
Nellus, you watch Stargate: Atlantis, right? So does Eureka's preview for next week seem to be a ripoff of a certain Ancient artifact, hmm?
That's what I thought too!

nellus
14-07-07, 08:33
Oooh not see the preview, it wasn't recorded on the download i got.I'll tell you next week :p