PDA

View Full Version : [Competition] Dynamic Runs

Chenoa
05-07-07, 11:13
As requested a different type of contest for dynamic runs:

The contest will run as follows:

Send us your ideas, your mini stories, your run and we will see what we can do with it, and may be we will bring it online possibly in the new dynamic zones!
It could be tricky riddles, funny short stories, paper chase, anything you can think about. But within "normal" limits and no big quests or missions and without prizes.
The runs will be coded on NPCs. If there is enough time a GM will get together with one or more runners to work out the run. Therefore it would be advantageous if you could create the dialogues immediately (NPC - Runner - NPC - Runner).

This month the three best runs (1 per server) will be awarded with a Copbot Trophy or a WoC 3 PA (own choice)

Please send your ideas with following information to: contest@reakktor.info
- Charactername (alternative character on which we can meet you)
- Accountname
- Servername
- valid email of course
- Name.txt - file (not bigger than 6kb!)

Deadline will be 30st July '07. After this we will proof the runs and bring these online as soon as possible. At the same time there will be voting on the neocron forum where the community can vote for the best one. Depending on the feedback this competition will be repeated as often as possible.

Up to the keyboard! :angel:

/edit 15.10.07:

They (the runs which were being planned and checked) are still in work, 3 GMs are still preparing, translating and so on. Were promised last week, but something happened forcing us to rework them. But i think we will be able to announce them this week.

silent000
05-07-07, 14:32
Nice competition, you can bet on a fucking sexy run from me :cool:

Riddle
05-07-07, 15:13
Nice idea for a compettion guys :)

Awaits for Jake Hard to make an appearance;) always liked those stories!

silent000
05-07-07, 15:22
I think i will be angry if Hell-Demon dont make one :D

SorkZmok
05-07-07, 15:43
How absurd can those stories get? :angel:

But more info would be cool. One NPC? More than one? Locations?

Should i use the latest run from TH as a reference? Small conversation, find the dynamic zone, search a body, get back? Kinda like that?

aKe`cj
05-07-07, 16:06
Should i use the latest run from TH as a reference? Small conversation, find the dynamic zone, search a body, get back? Kinda like that?

Nope - you are restricted to "go kill 5 sewer flies, return, get your reward" type missions.
By default, the mission starter npc will have a citycom skin :p

Faid
05-07-07, 16:15
I love how you guys bribe the community into doing your work for you lol. Should be interesting to see how this turns out. Why can't there be any reward for the mission though? Most people don't like running a mission if there is no reward at the end.

Chenoa
05-07-07, 16:17
How absurd can those stories get? :angel:
Donīt go over the top i would say :cool:

But more info would be cool. One NPC? More than one? Locations?

Yap, kinda like that is correct. Dynamic zones, all free zones (if possible free for all) etc. More than one NPCs are possible of course, if they will tell a complete run e.g.
As announced, write down your idea, and weīll see whatīs possible.

Nope - you are restricted to "go kill 5 sewer flies, return, get your reward" type missions.
By default, the mission starter npc will have a citycom skin

/me slaps ake`cj with many sewer flies to stop the spam :angel:

I love how you guys bribe the community into doing your work for you lol. Should be interesting to see how this turns out. Why can't there be any reward for the mission though? Most people don't like running a mission if there is no reward at the end.

I knew, that a post like this would come. Itīs not our work i have announced, it was a runner idea. Also i got a few requests doing something like this to involve the runners. Beside this contest, the dyn. runs of the storyoine will continue of course.

Why no reward ? Easy thing, because runs are mostly there for fun not only for rewards. But letīs see, what we can do. Maybe we will include prizes, maybe not ? Who knows :P

aKe`cj
05-07-07, 16:29
Why can't there be any reward for the mission though?

high risk of exploitability, due to the nature of dynamic quests ;)

silent000
05-07-07, 17:58
The rewards shud be something that is not currently in-game but has absolutly no use, so even a milky ren named "ZOMG i completez zee Dynamic Runz LAEL" wud be a very good idea, insted of a measly 1000nc at the end and no proof that u have completed it

Kanedax
05-07-07, 19:19
Dude I want that milky ren.....

aKe`cj
05-07-07, 19:23
so even a milky ren named "ZOMG i completez zee Dynamic Runz LAEL" wud be a very good idea

we need more db spam on terra, I agree :)

Bozz-Von Mel
05-07-07, 21:44
At the end of the run you will be ambushed, beaten and left with no clothes. jk

I'm all for it, all I can say is mine will involve alot of swimming.

Dribble Joy
05-07-07, 22:32
I shall enter.

Serious_Sam
06-07-07, 20:48
*sigh*

How did i know a single, virtually pointless idea put forth by an individual would take priority over the INITIAL POINT BEHIND 2.2!!

We are still in 2.2 BETA, the test server was abandoned and implemented with the promise of further discussions and BALANCE. So far, nothing.

Stop with these pathetic distractions and do something constructive for God's sake.

aKe`cj
06-07-07, 20:56
*sigh*

How did i know a single, virtually pointless idea put forth by an individual would take priority over the INITIAL POINT BEHIND 2.2!!

We are still in 2.2 BETA, the test server was abandoned and implemented with the promise of further discussions and BALANCE. So far, nothing.

Stop with these pathetic distractions and do something constructive for God's sake.

Chenoa is "Event Official" - not a developer/coder. It is her job to come up with pathetic distractions... ah wait.. that has been said like a zillion times before already... lets make this a little more clear for you:

EVENT GMS ARE MENT TO ORGANISE EVENTS, THEY DONT TOUCH THE CODE OF NC - EVER!

..better now. :)

Chenoa
06-07-07, 21:47
I couldnīt say better :angel:

Hope dies last :cool:

Serious_Sam
06-07-07, 22:38
I have the right to bitch about a product i am paying for. Just because event managers (or GMs) are not responsible for development, they are the closest link to them, and thus act as a scapegoat.

There is only so many times you can say 'we are not responsible for that' and expect the entire community to comply. I don't apologise for repeating myself and others, but the fact that not even a status update is given to us gives us the impression of neglect and irresponsibility.

You will see a repeat of these crying/whining sessions, or whatever you want to call the 'voicing of one's opinions', for as long as it takes until we get a response that doesn't follow a damn script.

Mighty Max
06-07-07, 22:52
I have the right to bitch about a product i am paying for. Just because event managers (or GMs) are not responsible for development, they are the closest link to them, and thus act as a scapegoat.

You can bitch about what you want that is correct. But that doesn't come with paying for sthg. Well you know at the same time we have the right to correct you and calling the bitching uninformed and stupid.

So please stop giving that "i am paying" argument again and again and .... The only thing that you get - beside beeing able to play - is that you got the choice to not play anymore. It does not mean that we have to accept your bitching.

Thanks for trying to understand.

Serious_Sam
06-07-07, 23:03
You can bitch about what you want that is correct. But that doesn't come with paying for sthg. Well you know at the same time we have the right to correct you and calling the bitching uninformed and stupid.

So please stop giving that "i am paying" argument again and again and .... The only thing that you get - beside beeing able to play - is that you got the choice to not play anymore. It does not mean that we have to accept your bitching.

Thanks for trying to understand.

Of course you can say i am uninformed and stupid, in fact, the whole point behind me doing this is to get information, and therefore not be stupid! Of all my bitching sessions this is the first time that i even mentioned that i am paying for the game, so enough of that.

I'm not asking you, a member of the community, to accept what i say. I am not even being abusive, and yes, i have the choice to stop playing. I have not been online as much as i used to be, but i am every now and again. I have friends i like who play, and that is what helps me enjoy it even more.

Anyway, if i am uninformed, inform me. If i am incorrect, correct me. Telling me i am solves nothing, and in fact, none of my above posts were for you. So if you want me to be productive in my posts, lead by example.

Mighty Max
06-07-07, 23:07
Of course you can say i am uninformed and stupid,
That is not what i said, i named your bitching uninformed and stupid.

And information is not what you are going to get by it. The thing you will be much more likely getting is an edit, warning, frustration or anger in any other forms.

Serious_Sam
06-07-07, 23:09
That is not what i said, i named your bitching uninformed and stupid.

My bitching is my opinion. Therefore my opinion is considered uninformed and stupid.

So please, inform me so i never do it again.

Mighty Max
06-07-07, 23:15
Well i do and think stupid things from time to time, yet i wouldn't call me stupid.
The same way i don't call you stupid for a stupid post.

Distinct between opinions and persons.

Chenoa
06-07-07, 23:18
Stop this OT and stay on topic. This has nothing to do with the competition!

Serious_Sam
06-07-07, 23:18
Well i do and think stupid things from time to time, yet i wouldn't call me stupid.

Ok, we've established that, but my point still stands. If any one were to express a thought or feeling which is silly, or just uninformed, the informed have a personal responsibility to set record straight.

Nidhogg
06-07-07, 23:45
I have the right to bitch about a product i am paying for.
Not on this thread. If you wish to start a thread regarding balance please do so in the balancing forum. On this thread we'll be happy to hear your ideas regarding the competition, and on the competition only.

N

Dribble Joy
07-07-07, 01:06
Context is the main point.

Complaining about balanace within a discussion/anouncement about content will get you no-where.

This competition is content orientated, played developed content at that. Dismissing it on the ground of game play is pointless. Though game play might have serious issues, this is not the time, place or area to discuss it.

This is still an RPG, it still requires a storyline, an atmosphere and player input.
Remove these and it stops being what it is.
As said there are different sections within KK, some devoted to coding and others to content, neither can truely step in for the other, so as with protests to the gfx department when new things are brought out that KK is ignoring integral code problems, people are missing the point.

This competition will not get in the way nor reduce the time or resources denoted to code problems. It can only increase the level of player input and help to further the depth of the NC world.

Zheo
07-07-07, 13:20
Some questions;

1. Does it matter if we make it a faction only mission? GET City admin hunting down criminals etc etc.

2. Can we submit more than one, or different types, like a story and a mission, or just one?

3. Can we offer our own rewards, like 1000-10000nc, for ranks 30 and below? Something to give new players a reason to do it

Anything else I think of later...

Chenoa
08-07-07, 10:42
Some questions;
1. Does it matter if we make it a faction only mission? GET City admin hunting down criminals etc etc.
2. Can we submit more than one, or different types, like a story and a mission, or just one?
3. Can we offer our own rewards, like 1000-10000nc, for ranks 30 and below? Something to give new players a reason to do it
Anything else I think of later...

Sounds a bit like you wanna create a "mission" not a dynamic run. Dynamic runs donīt have the possibility of giving out status marks like "Mission complete" or sth like this. Means, you can hunt another runner, but it wouldnīt be counted. These runs are more for fun, with a riddle, ministory or another idea.

You can send in how much you want, not only one =)

Sure, you can offer money, but not via NPC. The NPC could give out a rare (but really "unimportant" or lowlevel, we can talk about when working on your run) item that the runner has to bring YOU, and you will give out the money for the item.

Hell-demon
12-07-07, 18:01
You mentioned my name:D

I think I can create something...

Serious_Sam
12-07-07, 21:25
Maybe there can be an introduction of large and complicated missions that give out as a reward old NC1 items, like the spy xray suit or something. Maybe when DoY is reworked it can be used for such.

One idea that was proposed over vent that tickled my interest is being able to play as a mob, for whatever reason. It would be quite cool to be a warbot.

braydagner
13-07-07, 05:41
I would wanna be a small spider so I could drop bodily fluids ^_^

flib
13-07-07, 08:19
Maybe there can be an introduction of large and complicated missions that give out as a reward old NC1 items, like the spy xray suit or something. Maybe when DoY is reworked it can be used for such.
Or maybe instead of NC1 items, a WoC Disk. =O

Archy
13-07-07, 11:16
Ok this is a 10/10 idea, i cannot miss on the opportunity so i just sent my dynamic run idea. My .txt file was 12kb but its because i made space between lines for a better read (i'm sorry).

I hope that does not disqualify me, and i hope my idea will be considered on Terra. It is quite refreshing, exciting and i cannot point how much this kind of competition motivates me.
Thank you to everyone at KK for this possibility. I have high hopes for my idea
to be considered on Terra. Thanks again and good luck everyone.

Chenoa
30-07-07, 07:49
Deadline today

Last chance to send in your (*.txt) ideas, then we will start to work them out. Atm 11 ideas in the competition and i hope we can bring them online as soon as possible :angel:

Dribble Joy
30-07-07, 19:47
Crap. Totally forgot about this.

Four hours left (assuming it ends at 12 CEST), better get writing.

Chenoa
03-08-07, 10:54
12 dyn. Runs in work now, thanks for the interest.

Silentium and me will start to work at these runs now.

The participants and the responsible persons are:

Silentium:
- CMaster (2 runs)
- Zheodaine
- Dribble Joy
- Rambus
- KataniaNowakoska

Chenoa:
- Xuwin Xerox
- Torg
- MrMotu
- Eukanuba
- Nadja

You will get an eMail within the next few days. Some of you mixed it up with "quests". Dyn Run means that we will work with stuff, which is ingame and has no need to be created new or patched. More details you will get in the mails.

When the runs of the named runners are finished and translated, we will bring them online asap. More information will follow here in this thread.

Zheo
03-08-07, 11:51
As requested a different type of contest for dynamic runs:

The contest will run as follows:

Send us your ideas, your mini stories, your run and we will see what we can do with it, and may be we will bring it online possibly in the new dynamic zones!
It could be tricky riddles, funny short stories, paper chase, anything you can think about. But within "normal" limits and no big quests or missions and without prizes.

I think perhaps you ment us only to create "Dynamic Runs" where as I though it could be a story or dynamic run, etc etc.

Chenoa
03-08-07, 11:53
I think perhaps you ment us only to create "Dynamic Runs" where as I though it could be a story or dynamic run, etc etc.

Silentium will write you details soon Zheo

Dribble Joy
03-08-07, 12:36
Will the runs placed ingame be 'anonymous' so that voting won't be biased?

Chenoa
03-08-07, 12:50
Will the runs placed ingame be 'anonymous' so that voting won't be biased?

The runs will be named as the story /title or as named in the *txt file, but won't matter. The owner/writer can tell others that's his run to get more votes (as in RL too).

Chenoa
05-08-07, 09:52
All participants got mail this weekend, please check your mailbox, so we can continue to work on your runs.

CMaster
25-08-07, 12:16
Whats going on with these now?

Chenoa
25-08-07, 12:34
Still working on it.... 4-6 mails waiting for... seems the participants need more time to answer / continue... sorry for this.

Faid
25-08-07, 17:47
I hope rambus isnt one of them cause he's out of town on vacation.

Dribble Joy
25-08-07, 18:12
My run's been sorted, I didn't realise that I needed to confirm it before it's building. Mail has been set to Siltentium. Sorry for the delay.

Dribble Joy
27-09-07, 00:04
This still happening? Which silly bugger hasn't finished theirs yet? (Sod's Law dictates it's me of course).