PDA

View Full Version : 240 Viewing 1 to 5 thread a day, Woc sit please ?

Archy
28-06-07, 14:29
1 to 5 thread a day. What gives ? I was browsing these boards for info, and it seems all im getting here is info on just about anything else than what's going on ingame.

I just want to know if W.O.C. has changed in any way, i would like to know anything about it. It's the reason why i dont play since a long time and i fear i might never come back to this game because of it.

aKe`cj
28-06-07, 14:42
if you want info, give some as well

I just want to know if W.O.C. has changed in any way

compared to what or when?

Archy
28-06-07, 14:48
When it was first introduced, it was a big unbalanced mess , If you want pure details ? I'm an ANTI WOC, i never powerleveled in this game, i will never use anything related to WOC, and i left because of the way they implemented it for the 50 players using it. It unbalanced pvp between rare weapons and woc ones. I just want to know if everyone and their mother still runs with an AK , berretta, xbow ?

After the balance patch they added more confusion , screwed pve (probably still is) and said it was like that it should be (godlike spiderbots, godlike copbots, that gives 0 reward since years have never been looked at).

They made PVE harder and i was already anti WOC, and everyone seems to be a WOC PE nowadays so i left knowing coming back would be harder than ever. The last 2 months of my neocron experience was logging in to try and find someone on a trial and help them.

SorkZmok
28-06-07, 15:06
It's worse than ever.

Woc guns give a huge advantage to the people using them. And these days pretty much 90% of all PEs and spies are using woc guns. It's the only chance to compete these days, especially with the huge boost to tanks. Those are the only class that does fine without woc.

Basically all woc pistols are quite overpowered. The rifles aren't that bad but that's just because one is a sniper rifle people can't really use in pvp and the AK suffers from the burst weapon issue. It still does some nice damage though a healing light is much better.

For pistols, WOC is a must have
For rifles, it's nice but not necessary
Other classes still don't have any woc items. Well, the wocket launcher doesn't count. You just can't use it and stay alive. :lol:

unreal
28-06-07, 15:56
'ello Revkha. You should come back for 1 month simply so you can complain about why you don't want to play this unbalanced mess. Hopefully with one more existing player complaining about the game, Reakktor will tally it off and eventually realise "hmm, we've made another big mistake here chaps". WoC is now more important than it was in 2.1, and that's because WoC pistols are much more overpowered than they've ever been. You always thought the 2.1 Crossbow was bad, wait until you see it now. As has pretty much been said:

The heavy weapons being used are of course the highly overpowered ones, particularly the Devourer and Ion Cannon. Devourer is almost instant death to a Spy, so you definitely won't be enjoying that. To be frank, melee is useless, so 99% of tanks use heavy weapons.
WoC Pistols (Freeman, Crossbow, Beretta) are highly overpowered, and most of the rares (minus the Craftmans Dream - a quite overpowered rare nailgun) are useless in comparison. Because of this, 90% of Spies and Private Eyes use pistols. I'm now waiting for the day the Slasher and Executioner are viable. :(
The AK47 (WoC) is pretty nice, but not as powerful as it once was. As SorkZmok says, you can't really use the sniper rifles in any meaninful way at places like Pepper Park 1, so excluding those, most rifles are like peashooters, or they're rather bugged. People say the Healing Light is good, except whenever I use it and try and hit people with a full reticle lock, the damage doesn't register 80% of the time, so I end up using switching back to the AK47.
Ion weapons are highly overpowered, the Ion pistol especially because it's used in conjunction with other weapons. The Ion pistol takes a huge chunk of your health off, but has only one round. It was clear from the beginning that it was going to be used one way: Shoot your enemy with the Ion pistol, then switch to your main weapon. To most there's no point using it any other way because it fetches them quick and easy kills.
As an off topic note, I'm guessing you won't like PvE much. Most things will gangbang you without PPU support, so now the only meaningful solo levelling you can do is with drones. I never thought i'd see the day when I get instagibbed by a Juggernaught. The economy is also pretty much bollocksed because of a few things. They made PvE more difficult, without balancing the rewards. If anything they've unbalanced them. Tech parts drop like candy, and clans can come away with hundreds of techs per day.
Having 5 WoC chars myself, and therefore the ability to use the same weapons as them, I still don't want to login. Not until they balance things. I wish I could transfer the remainder of the 6months gametime I won to someone else so they can take advantage of it. I don't enjoy the PP1 (the new MB) zonewhoring and there's not much place else to find PvP, unless you enjoy the other form of pure zonewhoring, OP wars and running in and out of the UG while clipwhoring to stay alive.

Hopefully now the NCPD list will become more useful, but at the moment, as predicted with the tweaked SL settings, it's mostly showing people who now idle in their apartment until their SL goes back up. PvP, even in those lame areas, wouldn't be so pathetic if the majority of weapons were actually balanced to a suitable extent. WoC should never give such an insane advantage as it currently does. In fact, wasn't there some thread about the intended advantage of WoC and that Reakktor didn't intend for a huge bonus? Can't remember exactly, might search the forum when I can be arsed. :p

Selendor
28-06-07, 16:23
What a depressing post. Mostly depressing because it hits the nail squarely on the head. :(

nabbl
28-06-07, 18:02
hey ... but the sl system is nice!

-.-

silent000
28-06-07, 18:08
hey ... but the sl system is nice!

-.-

I dont want to aggree, but i will ......

....Must insult nabbl.....

Fucking Cock!

Kanedax
28-06-07, 18:51
WoC weapons are retarded, mostly WoC pistols, its sad when i spec 85 nrg, 118 xray resists, wear full high density duranium and ionic cotton underwear and the xbow still does 120+ dmg. I've geared my con setup towards the xbow and it still ********** me, thats a problem.

Bredahl
28-06-07, 19:05
WoC weapons are retarded, mostly WoC pistols, its sad when i spec 85 nrg, 118 xray resists, wear full high density duranium and ionic cotton underwear and the xbow still does 120+ dmg. I've geared my con setup towards the xbow and it still ********** me, thats a problem.

You ARE aware that most xbow users use poison or fire modded xbows fight..?

That means energy/poison or energy/fire (most ive seen so far, use poison though), so your prob not at all specced for xbows :p IIRC my PE takes 107-119 dmg from a poison modded xbow..
Havent tested with my tank for some time, so cant remember how much he takes, but since he has better resists, he should take less dmg i would think ;)

Kanedax
28-06-07, 19:13
True but i also have about 100 fire(84 with my underwear penalty) that and psn i suppose are my weak spot, however the dmg does seem to be a bit high regardless of my setup. I change it around a lot.

EDIT:As for Ionic Shotgun Pistol....Force modded ones hurt :p

gstyle40
28-06-07, 19:26
2 things kane.

1 xbow does mainly energy damage. the way u hav ur con specced ur geared better for a 2.1 xbow that did mainly xray. my tank only takes 80 - 90 dmg from an xbow and I laugh at a freeman(it tickles)

2. I can't speak for most, but most people that I know use poison xbows. so u may wanna take that 118 xray and respec some of those points to poison or energy or health or runspeed :D

hope that helps a lil

Kanedax
28-06-07, 19:29
Makes sense since i devised my brilliant anti xbow scheme in march XD

Flame Bait
28-06-07, 20:39
Tech parts drop like candy, and clans can come away with hundreds of techs per day.

Actually a solo tech farmers who know what is worth farming can walk away with 100+ techs per day with ease. Its just a matter of knowing what to kill and what is a total waste of time. The only thing not destroying the tech market is half the people in this game using a clan or PPU to farm don't know there is a more effective way. So when a clan brings in hundreds of parts they usually get split up or pooled between the clan which means the market is not flooded.

I think the drop rates are fine until it becomes an issue where the need for trading diminishes which has yet to happen. ;)

aKe`cj
28-06-07, 22:35
Actually a solo tech farmers who know what is worth farming can walk away with 100+ techs per day with ease. Its just a matter of knowing what to kill and what is a total waste of time. The only thing not destroying the tech market is half the people in this game using a clan or PPU to farm don't know there is a more effective way. So when a clan brings in hundreds of parts they usually get split up or pooled between the clan which means the market is not flooded.

I think the drop rates are fine until it becomes an issue where the need for trading diminishes which has yet to happen. ;)

The droprates are _not_ fine ever since a 100% dropchance was put in place _in combination with_ static respawns (caves and or mobs that can be manually resetted) that feature techpart drop.

Tell me one location where you could easily AoE mobs that each contained 1-2 techparts before 2.2 ...and even then, techparts were sharply dropping in price.

2.2 introduced many problems - which I do not blame KK for ...it was to be expected that an intervention this massive would bring up various issues. I think the 2.2 patch in general was ok. The result however, is not and everyone with the slightest glimpse of a brain knew that no matter the quality of the 2.2 patch... KK would have to keep up a high pace and put a lot of effort in evaluating the _real_ (sometimes not so easily foreseeable) effects on the game and ADJUST, FIX, ADJUST, FIX, ADJUST FIX FIX FIX.

still waiting. :(

DR REED
28-06-07, 23:53
KK would have to keep up a high pace and put a lot of effort in evaluating the _real_ (sometimes not so easily foreseeable) effects on the game and ADJUST, FIX, ADJUST, FIX, ADJUST FIX FIX FIX.

still waiting. :(

very very true !

The whole loot/reward system isn't fine at all. Lab mobs dropping bulky rare parts, a lot of fat monsters up to 120/120 are losing cheap armor parts only (Y-Replicants at Ceres Mine), the rewards for killing most high level mobs are nearly the same as they were in 2.1 in spite of the fact that you pumping ammunition as hell into them and use up lots of medikist and ruin your armor fast.

Prices for rare parts are going down so they are no source of income for low level runners as they were before.

Hunting sometimes is an expensive hobby :p

PvE lacks balance............ :(

Flame Bait
29-06-07, 01:00
Tell me one location where you could easily AoE mobs that each contained 1-2 techparts before 2.2 ...and even then, techparts were sharply dropping in price.

Sorry but tech parts go for about the same as they did in NC1 unressed. I have gotten in NC2.2 about 150k+ per part ressed. So don't tell me there is no way for anyone to make money off parts.

Selling a full set of parts for 900k is more then any newbie would ever need to survive to get established and level a resser of his own. That would even be enough for most PVP vets who have most things they need already to survive for about a month. There are also people who quietly buy parts for 40k or more unresed in smaller quantities to help new players. Not to mention you can also trade ressed parts for built weapons and other items which can be very beneficial outlet for new players.

Then you have many things such as the Quad, Chaincraft, TT Epics, NCPD Chip, FF Chip, PPR, MC5 and other things that will easily yield nice cash. Not to mention along with getting hundreds of techs per day people are making hundreds of thousands in credits and junk. The problem is many people dont use their brain to turn it all into profit. Recycle that heavy junk into high priced drugs or boosters which people need and buy on a constant basis.

Needless to say im finding no shortage of ways to make enough money to survive. If you cant make enough money then maybe you need to join a clan who will spoon feed you. The only real major issue currently is WoC which leaves to cabinets full of LowTech and Melee parts that no one wants anything to do with.

aKe`cj
29-06-07, 01:31
Sorry but tech parts go for about the same as they did in NC1 unressed.

This is NC2 if you have failed to notice. This is about pre 2.2 post 2.2 .. not about 'back in the days'.

per part ressed. [...]full set of parts for 900k is more then any newbie would ever need to survive to get established and level a resser of his own.

Spend a thought on the single slot server - apart from this, ressed techs are not worth 150k when you take into account ALL techparts that are in the market. Thats why it doesnt make sense to talk about prices for ressed parts - unressed techs is where you have a relatively stable price that qualifies for objective comparison.

There are also people who quietly buy parts for 40k or more unresed in smaller quantities to help new players.

There is also people that give newbies credits, items or advice - just because they are nice folks. When you say they do players a favour by buying unressed techs for 40k, it means you aknowledge that the true value of unressed techs is actually significantly lower. No?

you can also trade ressed parts
Again, when talking about ressed parts, a large chunk of parts is instantly ruled out. Of course the top-notch stuff maintains value better than the median.

I guess there is a reason you stress the word "ressed" in your post. Because truth is, unressed techs have dropped significantly in price. When it is only viable to trade ressed parts nowadays, that automaticly renders a lot of parts WORTHLESS. Tell me - how insignificant is a drop from 100k/50k to NADA?

go figure...

I did not say, it is impossible to make money/a living. It has become harder and thats generally speaking a good thing (if it wasnt for the LUA-ATMs). I say it has become too easy to farm techs. I say people generate more techs than ever before. I say the amount of techs generated (added to the existing item pool on the servers) in the few weeks after 2.2 stands in no healthy relation the total of parts farmed in NC2 until 2.2

DR REED
29-06-07, 01:41
Needless to say im finding no shortage of ways to make enough money to survive. If you cant make enough money then maybe you need to join a clan who will spoon feed you. The only real major issue currently is WoC which leaves to cabinets full of LowTech and Melee parts that no one wants anything to do with.

Do you actually play NC 2.2 ? Especially at low pops ?

Prices for parts going down and - much more worse -nobody needs them really. That means for new players they have problems to sell them .....

And the reason is simple: the money goes down, too. When i started to play years ago there were a lot of very wealthy players all around. Halfway they're gone, and the rest is loosing money from day to day. PvE is expensive, times are over (exception maybe the droners, but they loose more drones now after the last patches) to collect easily bulky rewards in cleaning the caves with ease. Money is spent to replace lost vehicles or damaged armor, weapons. That's reality.

Maybe it depends on server population but i don't think so. There are massive changes made with Evo 2.2, earning money became much more time consuming, losing money is easy at all places.

The economy is exacerbating.

/edit

There is also people that give newbies credits, items or advice - just because they are nice folks. When you say they do players a favour by buying unressed techs for 40k, it means you aknowledge that the true value of unressed techs is actually significantly lower. No?

Absolutely correct...... :(

Flame Bait
29-06-07, 02:12
Again, when talking about ressed parts, a large chunk of parts is instantly ruled out. Of course the top-notch stuff maintains value better than the median.

Anyone buying unressed parts is taking a big gamble that most are worthless melee/drone crap. At one time melee was a viable build for both PE's and Tank's which added to the overall worth of unressed parts. There are also now many other weapons nobody in their right mind would use over an X-Bow or Ion Cannon that drags down the value.

I believe in NC2.2 unressed parts are still holding relative value to what they have always been worth. Considering more then 1/3 of parts are now considered to pretty much worthless. Even if the drop rate was cut in half the amount paid for the chance to get worthless parts will not increase. The only way to increase value is by raising the demand for the items that nobody currently wants. That is simply not going to happen till WoC is toned down to the point where all rares can be a viable option for use in PVP.

Now do you really believe it would be better to lessen the drop rate when most of the parts aren't even of use to anyone?

Then you have those who only ress stacks and sell the worthless parts as unressed to unsuspecting buyers. This creates big risks when buying parts which most would rather just not have to deal with. So there are many contributing factors but the biggest of all being WoC has killed off a big portion of the rare market.

jini
29-06-07, 06:31
Hey, don't you all exaggerate a bit about how overpowered are some guns against other?
And, what's this with nabbl, silent :p?

SorkZmok
29-06-07, 10:05
I still think that KK went the wrong way giving us so easy access to ALL ARTIFACT, 4 TO 5 SLOT WOC guns.

Even the hardest woc mission is done so easily compared to the incredible pain in the ass compared to for example trying to get a highslotted FL. Not to mention even with high slots the gun won't be all artifact.

Next thing i'm curious about is woc discs. I got one disc that i traded. Been to the labs maybe 5 times but i just hate that place.

While there's people whining about the shitty droprate and the discs still go for insane amounts of cash, pretty much 3 out of 4 PEs and spies are using woc guns.

The whole woc gun thing was implemented without thinking about the consequences.

Normal rares are becoming obsolete. Awesome. :(

/edit
And Jini you really gotta admit how good most of the woc pistols are compared to ANY other gun.

Especially with pistols. There's the Rolh and the BoH that are still bugged and the Executioner that does less damage than a melee tank. :lol:

The issue with rifles isn't that bad as all high end rifles are burst guns and suffer from the same issue. I wouldn't be surprised if that rare single shot rifle would outdamage all other rifles. Maybe except for the HL but then again the hits don't register all the time. :(

silent000
29-06-07, 10:52
Bring back my wyatt and tl92 pe setup :'(

SorkZmok
29-06-07, 10:58
I want a Pain easer PE.

And i want my Tangent Plasma Cannon / Paw of Tiger scorpion trike PE back. He was so much fun to play. :(

jini
29-06-07, 10:59
Kid, you know how I feel about this.
For me, 90% the pvp in NC is about how good your aim and fps are.
If I got a good setup PC, my char moves fluidly, and I run fast and this is whats the most important shit for me. So far, there is nothing ever happened ingame to persuade me that the above is untrue, except when xbows were first introduced.

Oh, and if my PC run faster, I would use a FL, which is still far more powerful and better than HL.

flib
29-06-07, 22:22
And i want my Tangent Plasma Cannon / Paw of Tiger scorpion trike PE back. He was so much fun to play. :(
That's doable? O_o Especially with the melee PA.

SorkZmok
30-06-07, 10:02
That's doable? O_o Especially with the melee PA.
It was possible in 2.1 to use and cap both the paw of tiger and the tangent plasma cannon. You had to use a few drugs but it was a neat setup.

Now even with the new PAs its not possible anymore. Just because you can't get enough str for the good stuff. :(

Necpock
30-06-07, 11:05
Bring back my wyatt and tl92 pe setup :'(

Yeah, I miss the old "overpowered" non rare setups :)

silent000
30-06-07, 12:25
Yeah, I miss the old "overpowered" non rare setups :)

It wasn't even that overpowered it was just rele fast and had very nice resists, it did moderate dmg, with a DB the TL92 did little less damage than a slasher imo.

SorkZmok
30-06-07, 12:54
It wasn't even that overpowered it was just rele fast and had very nice resists, it did moderate dmg, with a DB the TL92 did little less damage than a slasher imo.
Well, the pure melee setup with insane speed, pot and DB was pretty damn hard to beat.

But the hybrid setup wasnt't that good but a lot more fun.

Loved it to jump people in my trike, then jump out to whack em with my paw of tiger and if they tried to flee i'd snipe them with my plasma wave. :lol:

Usually got funny dms from people that were completely surprised by the setup. :)

silent000
30-06-07, 13:23
Average Joe with his CS PE setup xD

landofcake
30-06-07, 14:01
I remember having a bunch of nice fun duels with Average Joe with my MC/HC PE using the Energy Soulblade ... brutal thing, those were fun times.

Especially the one time i took an insane amount of drugs to use DB Sanctum and the Rav ... utterly insane

nabbl
30-06-07, 14:35
i got an earp/termi PE on terra ...

when Dex is capped itll be a earp/pain easer pe :)

jini
30-06-07, 15:18
Ok. Now, can someone explain to me the love of silent & nabbl? :p

silent000
30-06-07, 15:50
I hate him :mad:

gstyle40
30-06-07, 16:07
I liked my laserblade-kami 2 dronin ppu :D para\db spam then kami then if the kami dint kill them, pull out the laserblade. luke still has - sL with diamond real estate from those days. its just not the same now without para spam, but life overall is better without it ;D

ashley watts
30-06-07, 16:14
Aye average joe with his CS setup, quite sexy but it must of been a pain in the ass to use, and Silent000 utterly hates Nabbl, at heart :p