PDA

View Full Version : Patch 166 Notes

Thanatos
26-06-07, 13:00
- Soullight system changes:
* no soullight bonus for killing enemies - soullight penalties have been lowered in general
* if your SL value is higher than your opponent's SL, the penalty for killing him will be reduced (more = better)
* no SL penalty if the enemy has a SL value lower than -32
* it is not possible to receive a penalty of more than -32 SL from one kill

- Soullight reductions are based on the sector settings:
* Appartment: very high loss of soullight for friendly victims, high loss for neutral or hostile victims
* City: very high loss of soullight for friendly victims, high loss for neutral victims
* Dungeon: high loss of soullight for friendly victims, low loss for neutral or hostile victims
* Outskirt: high loss of soullight for friendly victims, low loss for neutral victims
* Wasteland: moderate loss of soullight for friendly victims
* Warzone: no loss of soullight

- Faction Sympathy rewards and penalties have been adjusted to match the soullight changes.

- Made the flight path of rockets more stable.
- Fixed a bug that allowed some PSI support modules to damage drones.
- BioTech Mission Employee fixed.

Necpock
26-06-07, 13:03
Not bad =) Much better then the old

silent000
26-06-07, 13:07
Im happy with that, well in theory but ill will test it out

* it is not possible to receive a penalty of more than -32 SL from one kill

Loving That!

Dogface
26-06-07, 13:13
Anything for the guys with -99 symps?

silent000
26-06-07, 13:14
Aye how are the people with VERY bad SL gunna get it up because ofcourse they cannot run missions due to their symps being fuckered.

Kazuya
26-06-07, 13:22
Anything for the guys with -99 symps?
Dont say tech haven missions that thing is a joke. How do ppus do it? Tradeskillers? Plus the mobs are still quite tough even with a ppu

Necpock
26-06-07, 13:26
Dont say tech haven missions that thing is a joke. How do ppus do it? Tradeskillers? Plus the mobs are still quite tough even with a ppu

Small questions

How do you get bad SL on a PPU?
Whyand how would you get bad SL on a tradeskiller?

Dogface
26-06-07, 13:28
From being an ex-combat character..?

Kazuya
26-06-07, 13:29
Small questions

Whos talking about SL ? FACTION SYMPATHY!

Well getting SL and FS via missions isn't that much different to before.
Still shit then :mad: I wouldnt mind just doing missions for 1 symph each tbh. I love to recycle!

pottburter
26-06-07, 13:30
Small questions

And how do you get -SL on a le'ed droner ?
It all happened before, nothing is impossible in NC, except getting proper support when you suffered from such a bug..

Brammers
26-06-07, 13:32

Bredahl
26-06-07, 13:41
Hmm not as bad as it could have been.. and yes the max loss of SL at -32 is very nice.

Flame Bait
26-06-07, 13:42
Aye how are the people with VERY bad SL gunna get it up because ofcourse they cannot run missions due to their symps being fuckered.

Cannot or prefer not to?

There happen to be places all around the wastes called outposts. As i can recall there are mutants, aggies and other mobs to kill for missions a very short distance from many of these locations. Just because you might prefer to do sewer missions does not mean you cannot do missions. So there is now a much bigger incentive to fight and hold outposts where the terminals underground can be accessed for doing missions.

Sounds to me like the changes were far less tough then anyone made them out to be. Now lets see what happens with the map when there is a bigger incentive for outposts to change hands much more frequently. This change should separate the real men from the boys who are nothing but talk.

aKe`cj
26-06-07, 13:43

Unlike the +1 SL for any mission regardless of difficulty, back in the days you got more SL/FS for 'hard/very hard" type missions than for 'very easy' (varied from +1 to +5).

Seeing the current changes of the SL/FS System, I would very much like to see this return (with the exception of research and recycle missions)!

Kazuya
26-06-07, 13:44
o_O
Cannot or prefer not to?

There happen to be places all around the wastes called outposts. As i can recall there are mutants, aggies and other mobs to kill for missions a very short distance from many of these locations. Just because you might prefer to do sewer missions does not mean you cannot do missions. So there is now a much bigger incentive to fight and hold outposts where the terminals underground can be accessed for doing missions.

Sounds to me like the changes were far less tough then anyone made them out to be. Now lets see what happens with the map when there is a bigger incentive for outposts to change hands much more frequently. This change should separate the real men from the boys who are nothing but talk.

WTF are you talking about clearly cracker is talking about people with minus 99 FS that cannot do missions ? o_O If you wana talk about op wars go make another thread.

Flame Bait
26-06-07, 13:48
WTF are you talking about clearly cracker is talking about people with minus 99 FS!

Do you really even need me to explain how to avoid that one?

They gave advance warning if you FS is -99 right now then you created your own hell. :lol:

silent000
26-06-07, 13:49
So once -99 FS, we roll our chars? i dont understand what we are supposed to do if we dont want to be stuck with negative symps

Kazuya
26-06-07, 13:50
Do you really even need me to explain how to avoid that one?

They gave advance warning if you FS is -99 right now then you created your own hell. :lol:
[ edited ] your proly thinking of the faction im in. AND NOT THE FACTION I WANT TO BE IN. Capiche!

aKe`cj
26-06-07, 13:51
would you people stop to carry your personal war into every single thread for gods sake :mad:

Kazuya
26-06-07, 13:53
would you people stop to carry your personal war into every single thread for gods sake :mad:
Ive said whats needed be :angel:

Brammers
26-06-07, 13:54
Unlike the +1 SL for any mission regardless of difficulty, back in the days you got more SL/FS for 'hard/very hard" type missions than for 'very easy' (varied from +1 to +5).

Seeing the current changes of the SL/FS System, I would very much like to see this return (with the exception of research and recycle missions)!

Yeah good idea, make the mission FS/SL rewards worth it.

So once -99 FS, we roll our chars? i dont understand what we are supposed to do if we dont want to be stuck with negative symps

Well by the looks of things it's either those special missions in TH or idle for weeks in TH. I can't think of any other ways.

Flame Bait

Once the faction changes are put in place you probably wont even have to think about that. They still have to see what the side effects of this patch will be which they can fix in the near future.

Have some faith for once as it seems they want to do whats best for everyone.

Trivaldi
Stay constructive, it's not a request.

Further spam, flaming and trolling will be removed so I don’t want to see it posted. The servers will be online again soon to experience the new patch. If you find issues please report them in this thread in a constructive manner, if not they will likely be removed by the moderation team or overlooked by Reakktor.

Also, take any personal arguments to Private Message as they serve no purpose in the patch discussion.

You have all been warned.

Triv

calim
26-06-07, 14:01
So how do you gain SL ?
Now we know how to loose SL or not loose SL. But it's never mentionned what remains to gain some ?

Trivaldi
26-06-07, 14:04
So how do you gain SL ?
Now we know how to loose SL or not loose SL. But it's never mentionned what remains to gain some ?
The answer to this was provided previous to the patch.

It will still be possible to increase the own Soullight respectively bring it back to the original state by absolving missions and by the auto regeneration feature.
To re-gain Faction Sympathy when sympathies are too low to run regular CityCom missions, special missions were implemented from NPCs in Tech Haven some time ago.

Triv

calim
26-06-07, 14:10
ty, I excepted something like "we think about a new system to gain SL".
Because a fact like "someone leave the team, run in mobs/AOE and die" is not rare: Why removing the possibility to gain SL quickly, if theses problems still exists ? :S

SnowCrash
26-06-07, 14:12
ty, I excepted something like "we think about a new system to gain SL".
Because a fact like "someone leave the team, run in mobs/AOE and die" is not rare: Why removing the possibility to gain SL quickly, if theses problems still exists ? :S

The possible loss for such incidents has been lowered, as you can see in the patch notes. So you do not ruin your Soullight when someone is running through your line of fire.

spikeownzu
26-06-07, 14:12
if ur gonna fix the dronebug, at least nerf the drones, its so lame getting owned by a drone that you can't destroy and its runner has flew onto a fucking cliff somewhere.......

Bredahl
26-06-07, 14:30
if ur gonna fix the dronebug, at least nerf the drones, its so lame getting owned by a drone that you can't destroy and its runner has flew onto a fucking cliff somewhere.......

/signed

Faid
26-06-07, 16:31
WHen you say we will lose a lot of SL for killing a friendly in a leveling zone or wherever how much does that actually mean? Say if you had 100 SL and you kill a friendly in a SL loss zone such as a leveling zone. I would like to know without testing this myself :p

silent000
26-06-07, 16:34
WHen you say we will lose a lot of SL for killing a friendly in a leveling zone or wherever how much does that actually mean? Say if you had 100 SL and you kill a friendly in a SL loss zone such as a leveling zone. I would like to know without testing this myself :p

I guess that means the most SL loss, aka -32 SL from whatever your Sl was.

aKe`cj
26-06-07, 16:35

16 at the max.. with your SL being higher than the one of your victim probably far less. (according to thanatos on the german boards)

SorkZmok
26-06-07, 17:31
:lol:

Go clipwhore more.
Whining about a fixed exploit because you can't use it anymore is pretty damn stupid.

silent000
26-06-07, 17:50
Loosing 4 SL in a Dungeon sector ftw? :cool:

Bredahl
26-06-07, 17:51
Loosing 4 SL in a Dungeon sector ftw? :cool:

I think im gonna like this... :D

Brammers
26-06-07, 17:58
Ok someone want to sugguest how a pure hacknet character is to raise SL and FS via missions?

silent000
26-06-07, 18:00
I think this system will be VERY nice if they just implment new missions that dont require FS to do and that covers all areas so a HN char can do it, as brammers said, and PPUs and tradeskillers as well as the normal combat character.

Brammers
26-06-07, 18:10
I think this system will be VERY nice if they just implment new missions that dont require FS to do and that covers all areas so a HN char can do it, as brammers said, and PPUs and tradeskillers as well as the normal combat character.

The tradeskillers and combat people are covered with the current missions.

The PPU's..are a bit shafted. Try casting a soulclaster in a sewer or anywhere with low headroom.

/edit: *S******************s at CC's sig*

silent000
26-06-07, 18:19
/edit: *S******************s at CC's sig*

Damn sig hi-jackers :D

Zheo
26-06-07, 18:26
-edit-

Zheo
26-06-07, 18:59
The possible loss for such incidents has been lowered, as you can see in the patch notes. So you do not ruin your Soullight when someone is running through your line of fire.

You are joking aren't you Crash, IF you think that just because their is a 15%? margin for "hitting by accident" means people wont lose SL then you are crazy! The fact of the matter is KK is setting the players up for big falls, here some info for KK to crunch

1 - Max team of 8 runners. <--- means you cannot level safely with more than that number of players un-le'd. to be in the same dungeon area.

2 - Above applies to city fights. Remember the two times that DOME invaded Neocron? How many of us lost MASSIVE sl due to the fact that we couldn't all fit in one team?

3 - Logging on in an area where AOE is being used often ends in you dying and the person using AOE suffering SL loss.

4 - People create /02 runners remove le's and go get into fights do make people LOSE soul light.

There are SO many reasons why this isn't going to work, but hey it's your game :p

Mighty Max
26-06-07, 19:23
You are joking aren't you Crash, IF you think that just because their is a 15%? margin for "hitting by accident" means people wont lose SL then you are crazy! The fact of the matter is KK is setting the players up for big falls, here some info for KK to crunch

1 - Max team of 8 runners. <--- means you cannot level safely with more than that number of players un-le'd. to be in the same dungeon area.

Erm. getting -16 or -4 SL instead of a -100 drop does indeed mean that you are not instantly ruined.

2 - Above applies to city fights. Remember the two times that DOME invaded Neocron? How many of us lost MASSIVE sl due to the fact that we couldn't all fit in one team?

You surely spam area weapons when you are striking in a tight environment with many of your own guys in the line of fire. However, once you have done 5 or so ally kills you still have the choice to stop ...

3 - Logging on in an area where AOE is being used often ends in you dying and the person using AOE suffering SL loss.

Avoid logging of in the caves. Or - if you need to relog while caving - arrange it with your caving team. Where is the problem to avoid this?

4 - People create /02 runners remove le's and go get into fights do make people LOSE soul light.

0/2 usually start with 10SL meaning that someone usually has got a good amount of more of SL, thus less drop on killing them. Unless offcourse you'r keeping your SL low.

There are SO many reasons why this isn't going to work, but hey it's your game :p

I'd like to hear some more :D

jini
26-06-07, 20:04
I agree, we need to test things first and speak after, but you should have made also Christian, everyone's SL @ 100. How does people that maybe are in vacations were supposed to deal with new patch?
I only hope missions are doable now... :rolleyes:

D31C1D3
26-06-07, 20:39
This means more getting owned if you are trying to lvl in regeants. That's cool, just gotta roll deep.

Apocalypsox
26-06-07, 20:57
ok...i really dont care about soul light. It didnt need fixed if you just never killed allies.

now where the fuck are the melee fixes? i cant fucking PvE with melee and its pissing me off

Zheo
26-06-07, 21:06
ok...i really dont care about soul light. It didnt need fixed if you just never killed allies.

now where the fuck are the melee fixes? i cant fucking PvE with melee and its pissing me off

I did actually make a long post about that, then read one of the mods posts and decided to delete it.

Apocalypsox
26-06-07, 21:21
So did i, a good month ago.

Dogface
26-06-07, 21:52
[ edited ]

Flame Bait
26-06-07, 22:03
[ edited ]

Dogface
26-06-07, 22:06
[ edited ]

@ Zheo and Apoc - and what about the people that DO want to kill allies? What do we do? SL can't really be designed to work both ways, as it has to be both rewarding and penalising for people on either side of the +/- numbers.

ashley watts
26-06-07, 22:12
I love the Soulight loss rules, but doing missions for SL fucking sucks, and i cba pay for a game that requires me to afk sitting in my apt so im defo not goin AFK :p, IMO i think there should be a kool alternative, a bounty guy who you pay to gain 10 SL a time for a hefty sum :p (Just an idea :S)

Apocalypsox
27-06-07, 00:07
[ edited ]

@ Zheo and Apoc - and what about the people that DO want to kill allies? What do we do? SL can't really be designed to work both ways, as it has to be both rewarding and penalising for people on either side of the +/- numbers.

you change factions and get the fuck out of my city, scum

silent000
27-06-07, 00:09
I rekon once you have below -85 Sl you get kicked out of your faction into 'No Faction' which will be VERY nice for people that want to be ally PKrs and if ppl want to get back into their faction they go -84 or below and pay 5mil? i dunno lol.

That was a kind of a brain fart but meh :P :angel:

flib
27-06-07, 02:19
That would be pretty awesome, if people could be kicked out of their faction for bad behavior.
It would go really well with starting factionless and being attacked by faction guards only based on sympathy and not SL, especially with the new SL rules.

Brammers
27-06-07, 11:08
I rekon once you have below -85 Sl you get kicked out of your faction into 'No Faction' which will be VERY nice for people that want to be ally PKrs and if ppl want to get back into their faction they go -84 or below and pay 5mil? i dunno lol.

That was a kind of a brain fart but meh :P :angel:

Not sure if this would work... if you are going to ally PK, your FS is also going to be as screwed, since they are on the same sort of ruleset.

Still being booted out of faction is a not a bad idea... since any faction (Including factions like Black Dragon) do not approve of killing their own. (Although the rules for killing evil people in the faction isn't a problem.)

Also do the guards shoot people with low FS?

SorkZmok
27-06-07, 13:14
[ edited ]

People that DO want to kill allies now actually have to face the consequences. And i think that's how it should be. :)

Dogface
27-06-07, 14:44
But we have a system where it still isn't worth it to live like an outlaw. How can we have a game where it's 'danger around every corner' which so many of you seem to want, when we have a system that absolutely screws over the people that want to create this danger?

@apoc, I'm BD - screw you NeXT scum :p

SorkZmok
27-06-07, 14:50
Well it just shouldn't be easy living with red SL.

You're not protected by ANY laws anymore. People can hunt you down, take your stuff. Because you're a criminal who shot a fuckload of people. Not to forget, with the new, lowered penalties it should be possible to shoot one or 2 people without going red right away so you an always run a few missions inbetween.

I agree the whole system still has its flaws but now is actually the first time since NC exists that people who don't follow the rules have to face the consequences.

silent000
27-06-07, 15:04
Killing some1 in regants lab and loosing 0 SL and 1 Symp with my faction and TSU :cool: oh i love KK!

Nidhogg
27-06-07, 15:13
I'm just so glad you all decided to wait until you knew all the facts before exploding with anger on the forums. ;)

N

aKe`cj
27-06-07, 15:20
I'm just so glad you all decided to wait until you knew all the facts before exploding with anger on the forums. ;)

N

partly a result of incomplete information...

"I will shoot all of you bastids next week..."

"...with my new camera"

makes a difference :p

Bredahl
27-06-07, 15:21

N

Blah blah blah :angel:

silent000
27-06-07, 15:22

N

Just admit you were scared of our amazingly evil thread and you thought "oh noez cracker and his crewz are gunna ******** my bumz lael, i best do a good jobz"

Dont worry Mr Nick all is forgiven.

unreal
27-06-07, 16:18
I was hoping I would be able to say "great patch", but personally I couldn't agree that it describes this small patch accurately. There must a huge amount of tea and crumpet breaks if it takes this amount of time to tweak a few settings and end up with patches 165 and 166. Why is it taking so long to look at the weapons we all know to be overpowered? It's not even the immensely overpowered Devourer or Ion weapons that stops me wanting to play, it's WoC pistols. I shouldn't need to log off my Rifle Spy and log on my pistol Spy or PE and use the Freeman/Crossbow/Beretta in order to compete on the same level as everyone else. Rifles (minus the SH which can't really be used in proper PvP) really are like pea shooters in comparison.

Balance, minus the handful of tweaks to drones and the one small PPU problem resolved in this patch, has been dumped to one side. Unless you like zone whoring or humping your PPU buttpluggs the game is considerably less playable than it was before, regardless of what the SL settings are, mostly due to weapon imbalance as hinted above and all over this forum. I won't bother getting started on PvE, which most of us know is a complete joke for anyone but existing players in their large PPU buttplugged clans. I just pray it gets dealt with, however the the economy has already been broken thanks to the changes to PvE (ie, tech part drop rate), and drones especially.

I have to say, apart from those major balance problems, the whole nanite implementation has made me dislike playing my beloved Spy even more. It's a royal pain in the arse having to sit there injecting yourself several times, something that takes a huge amount of time compared to psi. Then there's the ammo and the nanite concentration, and the glitches involved with them both. To top that off, you usually need two nanite injectors to get the two resists you often need a boost in, so compared to every other class, you also lose the usability of one quickbelt slot.

Without getting any meaningful reply from officials (no doubt to cover their backs) I might as well wait for the expected spam of "when it's done" from the community when I ask this next question. Is there an official ETA on when the more important issues, such as PvP and PvE balance, are going to be dealt with? I would like to know when I'm able to play Neocron again. How does Reakktor perceive balance so far? "working as intended", "done"?

But, as for the SL changes in this patch, they truly are excellent for the most part.
* Outskirt: high loss of soullight for friendly victims, low loss for neutral victims
* Wasteland: moderate loss of soullight for friendly victimsI don't really feel the same way about those two. I think Outskirts should be moderate and Wasteland sectors should be low. There's minimal surveillance/security in those sectors so there just shouldn't be a medium to high penalty. It would also begin to encourage fighting in those areas. I wonder if people would make more use of BattleDome? :p But since I haven't logged in to test these changes yet, I don't know how drastic the SL loss is compared to before, so can't make an accurate comment.

* no SL penalty if the enemy has a SL value lower than -32Took long enough. o_O :D However, I personally feel it should be changed to say -1 or -10. As can be predicted, once people get close to -32, they will return to their safe zones and go AFK until their SL goes back up. For the most part, it will make almost no difference than it was before. Still, a needed change that I've wanted back in-game for a long while, now giving us the ability to kill at least red SL allies without being punished.

What does Reakktor think about disallowing a team members ability to grab belts? (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136413&page=1) (ugh @ seeing my backpack typo again :p)

Brammers
27-06-07, 17:15

N

What explosion of anger (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140060)? ;)

Zheo
27-06-07, 18:14
[ edited ]

I am against the new rules Dog, I think there HAS to be a solid way to get soul light. for example taking missions to kill mobs in the wastes, and gaining say 5sl per mission (but not mobs you need an army for!

CMaster
27-06-07, 20:16
I am against the new rules Dog, I think there HAS to be a solid way to get soul light. for example taking missions to kill mobs in the wastes, and gaining say 5sl per mission (but not mobs you need an army for!

You can do that now. go to a citycom - there are hordes of them without guards at. Go to somewhere in the wastes that citycom mission mobs. Kill said mobs, get SL. You can do this quite feasihbly provided that you don't have neg symp with EVERY faction.

gstyle40
27-06-07, 20:55
Small questions

well, I know a ppu that uses kami drones. he has quite a bit of neg sL. was from his days walkin on the darkside, but I brought him back to the light now :D

Herrad
27-06-07, 22:39
many points have been raised regarding the low FS people trying to do missions,why not look at that next, generally they're fucked... I've been off playin a few other MMO's for a few weeks and in all fairness neocron just doesn't look proffessional compared to them, i think one o the reasons might be cause theres no way to level noobs... and low FS may as well equal char deletion... and weapons dont work :P

the latter of these is probably really difficult/takes a long time to do which i can accept... but you can fix the 2 previous problems by reworkin missions. and here's my idea... make 3 groups of missions obtainable from citycoms:

High SL/FS yield (low FS requirement in the negatives) whereby the runner has to catch criminals/clean up the streets/other RP style stuff, making them generally better citizens

High money/ EXP yield (much higher than now, i think its around 6k for highest kill something mission) these can be the missions already in play, but with increased money/EXP to match how difficult monsters are to kill

Tradeskill Missions... as they are now.

I would recommend putting these under seperate tabs in the citycom page if considered. i think this'd go a long way to partially fixin/stabilizing PvE

correct me if im wrong :)

Apocalypsox
28-06-07, 00:55

N

Just cause they didnt fix my melee =p I wanna beat crackers skull in with a pair of knuckles NOW damnit!!!

flib
28-06-07, 03:57
What explosion of anger (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140060)? ;)
Pretty sure that he was being sarastic.

SorkZmok
28-06-07, 11:01
Just cause they didnt fix my melee =p I wanna beat crackers skull in with a pair of knuckles NOW damnit!!!
Now after seeing smurf on his melee tank in pp1 i really gotta admit that melee tanks are completely useless compared to hc tanks.

Though it's funny running away from a melee tank and while he's not even in sight anymore you can still watch your health tick down slowly. :lol:

Selendor
28-06-07, 13:14
How does Reakktor perceive balance so far? "working as intended", "done"?

Its a valid post - the main goal of Nc2.2 was to rebalance items, and more importantly, allow predictable results when making changes. This should have made frequent balance update patches easy to churn out. I think it would be good to understand if KK see the existing balance problems (ie Melee / Ion / Woc) and for them to say why they are unable to make changes to the damage done by these weapons. Its been months now.

On the subject of the current patch, it seems people are largely happy (which is why this thread has calmed down), so I hope now we can get the balance issues addressed as soon as possible, before the faction changes come in.

Jodo
28-06-07, 14:26
Pretty sure that he was being sarastic.

Pretty sure Brammers was joining in on the joke and agreeing with him. :p

Heavyporker
28-06-07, 17:05
Well it just shouldn't be easy living with red SL.

You're not protected by ANY laws anymore. People can hunt you down, take your stuff. Because you're a criminal who shot a fuckload of people. Not to forget, with the new, lowered penalties it should be possible to shoot one or 2 people without going red right away so you an always run a few missions inbetween.

I agree the whole system still has its flaws but now is actually the first time since NC exists that people who don't follow the rules have to face the consequences.

Haven't people been doing that forever in Neocron? And hasn't that one fact pissed so many people off that simply do not want to abide ally-pkers? There should be some capability for the collective population to permanently kick out an ally-pker that decides to stay in the city and do the kill/regain thing for weeks on end. Simply having the bastard ******* on a shitlist for runners simply doesn't suffice what with the low concentration of runners on the street in the city. We need more advanced AI on NCPD's end that can recognize the pattern of kill/regain and put that particular runner on the copbots' shitlist. THEN runners that in kills one or two allies in error still gets some forgiveness but shit**** bastards don't get to shit all over the rest of us.

Safunte
28-06-07, 20:48
Heavy, I used to love killing you in your lameass shop and hacking your belt.

oh wait... doesn't that mean that.. ally pking brough enjoyment to the game for someone? sure you might not have enjoyed it, but it was RP and gave you something to do.. such as hire people to protect you... which was pathetic by the way.

noone is ever happy, thats just the way it goes. But it should be obvious when the majority isn't.

Zheo
29-06-07, 06:30
What unreal said (but deleted so it's short)

/signed! and then some!

SorkZmok
29-06-07, 09:35
Heavy, I used to love killing you in your lameass shop and hacking your belt.

oh wait... doesn't that mean that.. ally pking brough enjoyment to the game for someone? sure you might not have enjoyed it, but it was RP and gave you something to do.. such as hire people to protect you... which was pathetic by the way.Basically what you did was griefing someone. Awesome. Good you're having your "fun" without caring about anyone else. Who gives a shit anyway, hm?

:rolleyes:

Dogface
29-06-07, 13:41
I'd just like to say there's allied-pvp aswell, it's not just an asshole running around killing people in his own faction or whatever, there's pvp too..

Mighty Max
29-06-07, 14:12
There surely is. I can understand ally kills i.e. if one sold you diluted drugs or defective vehicles & such. That however is quite possible now.

Safunte
30-06-07, 06:19
Basically what you did was griefing someone. Awesome. Good you're having your "fun" without caring about anyone else. Who gives a shit anyway, hm?

:rolleyes:

actually, i'd say griefing definitely should be part of the game which is why its ridiculous that its "not allowed"

well i mean, i wasn't targeting someone who just turned /31 and pulled hteir LE and only had 3 grs to go to...
and he was clearly capable of defending himself even if it was through hiring help or w/e

don't be jealous =]
and its not who gives a shit anyway, if i at all thought it was "ruining" his gameplay then yeah i'd definitely not do it (yeah i know... before you say anything.), i'm actually randomly quite helpful to others whether you believe it or not.

but back on topic: the SL change was a bad idea in that... everytime something is changed.. some people will be pleased and others displeased... and at this point in the games lifeline a major change like that that wasn't 100% accepted was a bad choice because, sure it made some people enjoy the game more, but it also made some dislike it more, which could drive part of the poplulation away.

Flame Bait
30-06-07, 07:50
but back on topic: the SL change was a bad idea in that... everytime something is changed.. some people will be pleased and others displeased... and at this point in the games lifeline a major change like that that wasn't 100% accepted was a bad choice because, sure it made some people enjoy the game more, but it also made some dislike it more, which could drive part of the poplulation away.

You really think losing 10% of the current population (the griefers) will make or break the game?

Maybe if Neocron had a few thousand active players someone might even notice them gone. At the present time if i were KK it would not even be worth getting out of bed to reboot the servers for the amount of players left. Probably the only reason the game is still up and running is for the tax write off and because it looks good to have existing games in your portfolio.

I see so many people in this game that have been here for years do nothing but bitch about everything. What made WoW the biggest MMO in history was its fan base who created viral marketing to push Blizzard over the top. It was not just about the game which had SO MANY problems for almost a year into retail and is still full of bugs and exploits. They had a community who stood behind them even when they made major changes that upset most of the player base.

Neocron had potential to become a great game except nobody cared about the game itself until it was to late. Probably well over a hundred thousand potential players have downloaded the trial on various sites. FileFront alone claims 83,376 downloads of the 2.2 trial which does not include people who tried previous versions of the game. They also show a mere 1,355 downloads of the 2.1 patch which says the game is not even getting a 1% conversion ratio.

My guess is after reading threads such as this one most people wont even waste their time trying it. Not because of the game itself but rather the players that continue to moan when anything is changed that might actually increase the population.

Safunte
30-06-07, 10:08
so losing 10% of the current pops (which are near nothing) is not a bad thing?

and we're not going to get any more from the change?

where in my post did i say that it'd be a good thing to lose 10% of our pops and not gain any extras in the process?

WoW is huge because they have a good advertising market and the funding to hire enough lazy asses like the ones that work in KK that the cumulative doing 1 thing every couple months adds up quickly to improve a single game.

Zeninja
30-06-07, 10:17
I used to love killing you in your lameass shop and hacking your belt.

(...)

sure you might not have enjoyed it, but it was RP and gave you something to do..
Nah it's got nothing to do with roleplaying (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing). That's a pretext.

This kind of wannabe-rebel attitude, unless justified by a prior conflict of interests between your respective characters (not between your respective persons), sounds more like an afflicting lack of originality and imagination, giving your avatar the appearance of a runner without a personnality, without any background or motivations, only aiming at ruining the enjoyment and efforts of some claimed agreeing victim.

One can't decently pretend he's roleplaying some sort of mentally challenged crack junky happily massacring everything that moves around without heavy consequences upon his IG social life, still briskly sauntering all over the city buying items and services (e.g weapons and pokes), even inside the most primitive form of society.

Even a neandertalian would understand it.

However, I'll keep in my mind the image of a Smokey the Bear arriving in Cycrow on his glowing bike, using his remote repair tool instead of his gun, when a bunch of jokers were wrecking it only for the pleasure of primal destruction, while saying on an alleviated tone :

« Bikes are sacred and shall be respected »

This is what I call RP.

actually, i'd say griefing definitely should be part of the game which is why its ridiculous that its "not allowed"
Griefing a runner is part of the game, allowed, and encouraged. Griefing a player isn't.

That also means that we want to give more freedom to the players and give _you_ the tools to go against random PKers. Hey, it's a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk world, so why don't you realize that there are some amok weirdos going postal?
Neocron would be so tern without these so-called "amok weirdos", nevertheless, let's not pretend we're creating RP by destroying other people's effort on bringing on some RP (e.g managing a player shop) ; at most, this kind of arbitrary behavior can cause RP.

There's only a slight difference, but it's just real.

Not because of the game itself but rather the players that continue to moan when anything is changed that might actually increase the population.
Does it have to be final ?

DR REED
30-06-07, 10:57
You really think losing 10% of the current population (the griefers) will make or break the game?

Maybe if Neocron had a few thousand active players someone might even notice them gone. At the present time if i were KK it would not even be worth getting out of bed to reboot the servers for the amount of players left. Probably the only reason the game is still up and running is for the tax write off and because it looks good to have existing games in your portfolio.

Yes. Very good analysis. ;)

Maybe Reakktor recognized something like that at the end now. Last patch might be an indication for this. Maybe at last they recognized that it's not promising to rival with shoot-em-up games or to waste this fascinating game to few gankers, which have destructive minds like little children.

The way the game went over last 1-2 years, in which KK was passive and overlooked the massive possibilities to exploit SL was a bad one. Permanently decreasing pops are clear demonstration when other games on the market were going up.

Should NC be a game for these which are not able to accept some minor rules ? I don't think so.

Zheo
30-06-07, 12:56
and he was clearly capable of defending himself even if it was through hiring help or w/e

So you where one of those two people I killed in PP hq, on my original tank? Who got stuck in the door....lmfao that was funny as hell, me and apoc owned a team of five in pp hq, and I was stuck in a door way for the whole fight....

Nah it's got nothing to do with roleplaying (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing). That's a pretext.

This kind of wannabe-rebel attitude, unless justified by a prior conflict of interests between your respective characters (not between your respective persons), sounds more like an afflicting lack of originality and imagination, giving your avatar the appearance of a runner without a personnality, without any background or motivations, only aiming at ruining the enjoyment and efforts of some claimed agreeing victim.

One can't decently pretend he's roleplaying some sort of mentally challenged crack junky happily massacring everything that moves around without heavy consequences upon his IG social life, still briskly sauntering all over the city buying items and services (e.g weapons and pokes), even inside the most primitive form of society.

Even a neandertalian would understand it.

Sono Kuroi Kobushi, extort noobs who have taken their LE out, alot of them call us lame etc for killing them, however we OFFER the choice of payment or death and usually they choose death, what they miss is that if they paid us, they wouldn't spend the money on GR fee's and pokes. I do not class that as "griefing" as the deaths are semi self inflicted, we even started a war with a next clan, who DM'd me ingame to ask why we went to war with them, when I explained and offered peace for a fee, he refused and started an arguement all of which was PURE rp since we both spoke at one point OOC. We don't usually extort people of allied factions (green) and neutrals have a fifty fifty chance, while reds have none.

However we do not hack belts usually, and we do help out green noobs with cash and advice, to balance the Evil vs Good in us. I'd prefer to be city merc and play a mercenary but it's not really viable in neocron, party due to lacking in player numbers etc. We have no desire to grief people though we did grief one tsunami runner who insulted us for some time, being le'd we couldn't kill him and we where getting annoy with his verbal abuse. Though we did offer to stop if he paid :D we basically RP bad guys,

Nidhogg
30-06-07, 13:29
You're a regular saint. :rolleyes:

N

silent000
30-06-07, 13:32

N

Stop Spamming Mr Nick!

Zheo
30-06-07, 14:47

N

Damn right I am "Saint Kick Ya'Ass" Login and I'll extort you Nidhogg, I'll even be so kind as to double the rates :p

On a side note: Since this patch my clint has crashed randomly four times, and i mean just quit straight to the desktop with no error message

Matanius
30-06-07, 19:44
we even started a war with a next clan, who DM'd me ingame to ask why we went to war with them, when I explained and offered peace for a fee, he refused and started an arguement all of which was PURE rp since we both spoke at one point OOC. Woooo...that be us. And yeah, that RP smack-talking was pretty fun tbh, I think Apoc nearly wet himself laughing when he found out that it's your clan we are at war with :p

Zheo
30-06-07, 22:02
Woooo...that be us. And yeah, that RP smack-talking was pretty fun tbh, I think Apoc nearly wet himself laughing when he found out that it's your clan we are at war with :p

Funny last time i checked the score board it was 30ish - 0 to us. Sucks to be you guys :D

a4nic8er
01-07-07, 00:41
Since this patch my clint has crashed randomly four times, and i mean just quit straight to the desktop with no error message
That's the new, undocumented "Anti-Griefing" mechanism in operation. Sort of a preemptive FS-SL guardian script using an algorythm based on past behaviour. Cool huh?

Matanius
01-07-07, 18:35
Funny last time i checked the score board it was 30ish - 0 to us. Sucks to be you guys :D Hmmm...not quite sure how you managed to get on to 'scores'. I was simply trying to make a friendly comment to support your argument. Meh, If it makes you feel better to flex that e-peen of yours go for it, takes all sorts I guess :D

Zheo
01-07-07, 22:05
HIf it makes you feel better to flex that e-peen of yours go for it, takes all sorts I guess :D

Genetically modified e-peen :D

Matanius
01-07-07, 23:51
Ha ha, with an ear growing out the side?!

Nidhogg
02-07-07, 01:16
No more spam on this thread, please. Keep it on-topic.

N

Asurmen Spec Op
02-07-07, 08:08
Cool patch :o

Okran
02-07-07, 23:59
- Made the flight path of rockets more stable.
- Fixed a bug that allowed some PSI support modules to damage drones.
- BioTech Mission Employee fixed.

Is that it?! I thought you were meant to be fixing bugs along-side these changes?!

I suggest you take a look in the Bug Reports section and work on fixing those more important bugs first! Who cares that the flight path of rockets are now more stable... this community is yelling at you to fix the things that is a REAL problem.

Personally I didnt ask for any SL changes. I would prefer for you to fix existing problems like the balancing of the weapons.

I get the feeling you have come to the conclusion that balancing weapons will never be 100% balanced - and yes you'd be right. Right now though, it really is stupid. Players are only using the weapons that are at an advantage over the other weapons - it is exploits at the worst level. You know and we know you could do something about it, but you choose to do nothing. Even if you are doing something about it, tell us! We are not psychic enough to read minds... yet.

I hope you read and not take offense to this, it is only meant in a way to express my concerns in a passionate way because I really want to see it sorted out.

Dogface
03-07-07, 00:07
Personally I didnt ask for any SL changes.

The rest of the community did though.

Although there are some weapons that need fixing or what ever, it's not to say the SL changes weren't welcome, even though they aren't perfect.

Riddle
03-07-07, 01:09
Whoah SL took a hit aswell? dam kk your moving in so many directions i'm getting lost......how u doing?:angel:

Setlec
03-07-07, 05:54
Is that it?! I thought you were meant to be fixing bugs along-side these changes?!

I suggest you take a look in the Bug Reports section and work on fixing those more important bugs first! Who cares that the flight path of rockets are now more stable... this community is yelling at you to fix the things that is a REAL problem.

Well give them money to modificate the whole code or to make a new damn code!!! ^^

calim
03-07-07, 11:05
Setlec, that's not the point. Okran ask devs team to concentrate on bugs poeple care, like prehistoric annoying bugs stacked up somewhere in a file on a drive in a old IKEA desk :) There is not really connection with money, but more about priority :S

SorkZmok
03-07-07, 11:13
Well give them money to modificate the whole code or to make a new damn code!!! ^^
I guess Okran, like many many others, is just pissed that KK never finish things.

They implement new stuff and instead of working on that until it is properly implemented and working as intended, they just leave it as it is and move on to the next thing.

2.2 was supposed to balance the classes. Yet it's worse than before, it's just other classes and weapons that are completely out of line. Xbow PEs anyone? Lowtech tanks? Fucking insane.
Then they decreases pvp damage, turning PPUs back into the invulnerable gods they were before and shouldn't be anymore.

And instead of just sticking to that topic, they leave it and move on. Now we got the first of (i assume) quite a few patches to rework factions while there doesn't seem to be anyone left to sort out the balance.

Not to mention the netcode is worse than ever. It's actually close to unplayabale. At least for an FPS orientated game.

:mad:

Selendor
03-07-07, 15:06
You raise a good point, have KK moved away from balance because they want to, or have the people responsible been moved onto a different game?

ashley watts
03-07-07, 15:07
I guess Okran, like many many others, is just pissed that KK never finish things.

They implement new stuff and instead of working on that until it is properly implemented and working as intended, they just leave it as it is and move on to the next thing.

2.2 was supposed to balance the classes. Yet it's worse than before, it's just other classes and weapons that are completely out of line. Xbow PEs anyone? Lowtech tanks? Fucking insane.
Then they decreases pvp damage, turning PPUs back into the invulnerable gods they were before and shouldn't be anymore.

And instead of just sticking to that topic, they leave it and move on. Now we got the first of (i assume) quite a few patches to rework factions while there doesn't seem to be anyone left to sort out the balance.

Not to mention the netcode is worse than ever. It's actually close to unplayabale. At least for an FPS orientated game.

:mad:

Pretty much hit it on the head ^^, i dont think it would take a massive amount of time to sit down and discuss which weapons are overpowered, and which weps are useless we don't even get a slight hint that their trying to do somthing about it.

Torg
03-07-07, 17:36
i'm definitely amused by whine-threads like this. if KK is doing everything wrong, how come we all are still playing NC instead of creating a better MMO on our owns, knowing better how to do it? tell you what: i like the new balance situation, mainly because it killed the dominance of elves (which all of you WoW-players wouldnt mind). and from my five years of experience with this game i know that balancing never ends. like in every MMO, that is. see you on terra.

SorkZmok
03-07-07, 17:50
i'm definitely amused by whine-threads like this. if KK is doing everything wrong, how come we all are still playing NC instead of creating a better MMO on our owns, knowing better how to do it? tell you what: i like the new balance situation, mainly because it killed the dominance of elves (which all of you WoW-players wouldnt mind). and from my five years of experience with this game i know that balancing never ends. like in every MMO, that is. see you on terra.
Even with the shit balance and all the fuckups by KK, NC is still the game that suits me the most. Neocrack still got me hooked. :lol:

And i never said KK are doing everything wrong. I'm just pissed that they never finish things.

Each time they go in the right direction, they then stop and start something else.

And asking why we aren't making our own game is stupid. I wanna play NC. I have absolutely no ambitions to get my own game going. Though it would totally own. :lol:

And patch 2.2 was supposed to balance weapons and especially make it a lot easier for KK to change single guns. Now if so, why aren't they doing this then? :(

Dogface
03-07-07, 18:32

I'm still playing because I got friends here, when they quit, I quit. This game certainly won't keep me here.

As Kid said, asking us why we aren't creating a better game is really fuckin stupid. I'm saying I think the players know better than KK what should be happening to NC, because after all it is our game (before any of you disagree, I remember a quote from someone at KK stating that yes, it is the players game).

You like the new 'balance'? Explain to me how Neocron is balanced. Is a Libby PE balanced against an Ion tank? Or maybe a Freeman PE vs a slasher spy? The examples are endless.
There is nothing balanced about NC what so ever, never was and never will be. 2.1 was much closer to balance than 2.2 is and probably ever will be, it's impossible to balance a game like this.

Since when was there elves in NC? And why would the WoW players not mind KK removing the dominace of elves? Way to contradict yourself :rolleyes:

We both know balancing never ends because it's impossible, so would you care to explain why KK have made bare few attempts to adjust ANY weapons damage, frequency, aiming etc since 2.2 came out? Thought so, fan boi.

calim
03-07-07, 18:59
correct, balancing is important but we know it's not possible to be totally fair ... That's not really the problem. The problem is "finishing things", like bug fixe before trying to add contents ... And if ppl whine too much about unbalance, it makes a good pretext for KK to not finish to fix these little bugs everywhere in the game.. Next time it would be factions or SL rebuild. It's an endless circle ... and finally, it makes NC not reliable or well-grounded ... that's all.

Setlec
03-07-07, 19:01
Well i'm participating of a group to develop an FPS-MMOG sure NEOCRON is my favorite game that I've ever played. I've played Star Wars Galaxies (big FAN of Star WARS), i've played until the Devs Fucked up with the game.... sure they always finished to do their modification but they lost alot of client from 2 mil ppl in one server to 200k ppl in about 2 weeks... the game is beautiful well created many cool stuff... But all that has gone when the Devs fucked up (they didn't give a single shit about the community of the game).

In a couple of months, I'll put some stuff related about my FPS MMOG...

Nidhogg
03-07-07, 19:57
In a couple of months, I'll put some stuff related about my FPS MMOG...
Please don't. Soliciting other games is against the forum rules and your post will likely be removed.

N

Zeninja
03-07-07, 20:36
Explain to me how Neocron is balanced. Is a Libby PE balanced against an Ion tank? Or maybe a Freeman PE vs a slasher spy? The examples are endless.
Don't take it too personal, but afaik KK's balancing project was never meant to be limited on 1v1 combat (thx to god ?).

Trying to give equally skilled players equal chances to win a duel no matter wether they're playing a libby PE or a Ion Tank would mean NC's a pure 1v1 combat game, which it's not. That simple misinterpretation probably explains why a few players (including long timers) are often disapointed imho. I may be totally wrong about designers intention, but I'm rarely surprised by their choices.

Here's a very short thing about games balancing (games in general, not especially computer games), that I've just found on the net :

when players have multiple options or routes to victory, most or all of these options are about equally effective or feasible. To be perfectly balanced, each of these options would have to be strategically identical (in which case they wouldn't be substantial choices at all).
The question is, do you want PE's to be balanced versus Tanks when dueling in Neofrag, or do you want them to offer people fair advantages/cons depending on the multiple pvp situations you'll meet in Neocron (including duels, but taking non-pvp parameter into account, like the difficulty of collecting rares, accessing to tradeskills, avoiding combat etc) ?

Now, this doesn't mean that Ion Canons don't need to be readjusted, I hope you get the point.

I'd love discussing about NC balance for weeks here, but I'm afraid this thread really doesn't suit this subject. I rather open a new thread when I'll have time in the Community Talk section, cause I'm really interested in confronting other people's opinions with yours and mine about videogames balancing in general... unless you do it first ?

Serious_Sam
03-07-07, 21:00
Please don't. Soliciting other games is against the forum rules and your post will likely be removed.
N

But systematically bashing Tabula Rasa was fine eh? Gotta love these double standards.

Setlec
03-07-07, 21:01

N

Sorry i mean to post on the THN forum and not on NC oficial forums. sorry didn't slepp enough this weekend... :angel:

yuuki
03-07-07, 21:20
The question is, do you want PE's to be balanced versus Tanks when dueling in Neofrag, or do you want them to offer people fair advantages/cons depending on the multiple pvp situations you'll meet in Neocron (including duels, but taking non-pvp parameter into account, like the difficulty of collecting rares, accessing to tradeskills, avoiding combat etc) ?

first thing i want is that pes are balanced between each other, meaning tsunami pe versus xbow pe for example. as long as there is such a huge gap between different setups there's no need to balance pes versus tanks.
on this issue, pes should be a lil bit stronger than tanks in 1on1 as they get much of their fighting power through psi, which is brought to the same level in group fights thanks to a ppu. thanks to stealth a pe can do some of the classical spy things, like hunting droners, attacking hackers etc. actually in opfights i liked the 2.1 balance between spies/tanks/pes pretty much, with the exception of a certain pistol.

ashley watts
03-07-07, 23:05
first thing i want is that pes are balanced between each other, meaning tsunami pe versus xbow pe for example. as long as there is such a huge gap between different setups there's no need to balance pes versus tanks.
on this issue, pes should be a lil bit stronger than tanks in 1on1 as they get much of their fighting power through psi, which is brought to the same level in group fights thanks to a ppu. thanks to stealth a pe can do some of the classical spy things, like hunting droners, attacking hackers etc. actually in opfights i liked the 2.1 balance between spies/tanks/pes pretty much, with the exception of a certain pistol.

pretty much ^^, 2.1 was a lot more balanced than 2.2 i must say.

Any ideas when of next patch KK :rolleyes: i think its time to pull the finger out and get a solid balancing project in place :p

Flame Bait
03-07-07, 23:06
Don't take it too personal, but afaik KK's balancing project was never meant to be limited on 1v1 combat (thx to god ?).

So tell us with the player base as small as it is what was the point of balancing around large groups and op wars?

Not just PVP im also referring to the poor excuse for balance they have created in PVE. When a 10/10 mob can just about drop a fully capped tank its pretty sad. Low level mobs that maintain agro for eternity and have no leash is pretty stupid and only make it harder for real noobs.

Seems everything in this game is the done opposite of every other successful game on the MMO market. I mean hell just keep making the game more of a challenge (maybe some like beating their heads on the desk) and forget the fact people play games for FUN. Just continue to balance the game around the only two current flavor of the week clans. Let the rest of the players hang out to die because nobody has the right to solo PVP or play the game to have FUN.

That or we can all just quit because you know many will be running out to buy that new game you have coming the 2nd quarter of 08. Well maybe the others will be interested to wait for it. I myself will be much to busy to notice with all the really great games coming out towards the end of this year.

Btw couldn't help notice how many other new games 10tactel is busy funding with millions of dollars while they let Neocron crumble to nothing. :lol:

In my conclusion anything that KK touches will either be found in the bargain bin of your local game shop or it will contain a giant black hole with a time sink attached. We can look at the character transfers from 1-2.2 as prime example. I know many who were very disappointed to find all their beloved possessions were gone forever. Not only that KK also transferred capped characters in some cases with not a single weapon or anything of value to anyone.

Maybe the devs should try starting over with no weapons as a capped player trying to kill sewer flys. It just seems pretty pointless to even bother with transfers when they wont even make sure you have some very basic essentials. Its not like the script could not have been modified to throw everyone a small bone to chew on.

Oh yea and its funny that WoW used that same we don't balance around 1v1 excuse everytime someone pointed out flaws in their balancing act. ;)

In conclusion one must ask where is the balance that is advertised on the front of the Neocron site?

yuuki
07-07-07, 18:31
won't make it tonight :( (bbqing :p )
so erm one less badass speedy pe to worry about :D

nellus
08-07-07, 08:20
Let the rest of the players hang out to die because nobody has the right to solo PVP or play the game to have FUN.

ERM how do you solo PvP surely there nees to be at least 2 of you :rolleyes:

Flame Bait
08-07-07, 08:40
ERM how do you solo PvP surely there nees to be at least 2 of you :rolleyes:

That was a typo which should have been PVE. Something i used to love and the main reason for fighting to take OPs with good hunting spots. Now and then you might need a lab but the good solo hunting spots are worth their weight in blood.

Archtemplar
09-07-07, 08:07
[COLOR=LightBlue]if KK is doing everything wrong, how come we all are still playing NC

Actually me and my friends stopped playing until we see change. I check up every once and awhile to see if anything has changed, but unfortunately its always the same old complaints, day after day, thread after thread. I'm not going to go as far as saying our requests for balancing have been ignored, but they certainly try hard to make it seem that way.