PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] More Xray Armour - Needed in Game!

Zheo
20-06-07, 18:47
Neocron is in SERIOUS need of some xray armour I think it should look something like this

Bad Biontium
Level 1
Str 42
Xray 26
Poison 20
Pierce 4
Force 4

Poor Biontium
Level 2
Str 60
Xray 36
Poison 28
Pierce 6
Force 6

Biontium
Level 3
Str 72
Xray 42
Poison 35
Pierce 8
Force 8

Greater Biontium
Level 4
Str 86
Xray 50
Poison 40
Pierce 10
Force 10

------- And also;
Substandard Raidium
Level 1
Str 18
Xray 20
Energy 16
Pierce 6
Force 2

Basic Raidium
Level 2
Str 26
Xray 26
Energy 20
Pierce 8
Force 4

Raidium
Level 3
Str 32
Xray 32
Energy 26
Pierce 10
Force 6

Fine Raidium
Level 4
Str 37
Xray 40
Energy 30
Pierce 12
Force 8

[1] - No leave xray armour out. (Other than what already exsists)
[2] - Yes And what you've listed is a good idea.
[3] - Yes but not what you have listed something similar.
[4] - Yes but something completely different.

ashley watts
20-06-07, 20:44
What, to help tanks become even more over powered and increase their resists :p ?, Me votes [1]

braydagner
20-06-07, 20:46
Vote [1]

aKe`cj
20-06-07, 20:57
and I thought KK's name invention skills were fucked... :lol:

silent000
20-06-07, 21:13
[1] Sure go for it

CMaster
20-06-07, 21:18
and I thought KK's name invention skills were fucked... :lol:

It turns out that stuff like "Argentiferous" is an actual word. It means 'containing silver'. Krokydolith appears to be some kind of german word (you'd know better than me). So it isn't as bad as Zheo's made up words really.

aKe`cj
20-06-07, 21:44
It turns out that stuff like "Argentiferous" is an actual word. It means 'containing silver'. Krokydolith appears to be some kind of german word (you'd know better than me). So it isn't as bad as Zheo's made up words really.

What about "holy frostration" or tank armour (tank, not monk!) being named "god's wish" then? :p

/edith: just to make sure.. not giving nyone shit here .. last not KK - imo the item names are about the very last thing I'd waste effort on ;)

CMaster
20-06-07, 21:48
What about "holy frostration" or tank armour (tank, not monk!) being named "god's wish" then? :p

OK, frostation is nonsense. "God's wish" makes sense after a fashion (although "god's will" would perhaps be a better english phrase).

Zheo
20-06-07, 22:27
What, to help tanks become even more over powered and increase their resists :p ?, Me votes [1]

Actually added in spy armour, and the "tank" armour could also be used by PE's the only class that couldn't use it was monk, and i think they have xray armour anyways. if you read it properly you'd know that wouldn't you?

ashley watts
21-06-07, 00:16
Well, it's obvious tanks would use that armour, Thus my first post o_O ?

Zheo
21-06-07, 07:42
Well, it's obvious tanks would use that armour, Thus my first post o_O ?

It would provide +22% xray resist to tanks yes, however it would also provide +28% to pe's and spys, it would also provide 24% energy resist to spies and PE's
and +28% poison resist for tanks. Keep in mind that tanks can use ionic undies, however if they choose not to they can only have around 50% resist in xray, this means that xbow users would do more damage to them, eg:

If say an xbow did 100 xray damage, only 50% would be resisted, leaving 50 damage.

Compaired with an energy weapon which would lose say 75% which would only do 25 damage.

The idea behind this armour does not make tanks UBER! but actually simply fills a hole in the game. If KK bring out x-ray based weapons then they must provide protection, as it stands they are forcing people to use ionic cotten undies rather than giving them the choice between the two, I am pretty sure that your vote is done because you ARE an xbow user exploiting this weakness and don't want your UBER toy taken away from you :)

Otherwise you'd really have nothing to fear since it would just bring xray inline with the other five resists which can be brought upto a maximum (including buffs) of 89%. Though a solo tank would probably get between 70-75%.

So don't sit their saying "Oh your just trying to make tanks uber" since these two armour systems (which do need to be modified) would benifit both pe's and spies, protecting them against xbows as well. As spies only have the choice of ionic cotten undies, holo vest or normal pa. I think more xray armour is needed in different ways so that spies could wear normal PA without leaving a gap in their armour or generally having much lower resists.

SorkZmok
21-06-07, 09:39
I'm for a better variety in armor setups generally. But just adding xray armor to fill in the last holes, nah.
[1] No new xray armor.

The system now is somewhat balanced. You either put on a PA with a damn nice bonus to your offensive skills or you use underwear and such, leaving you with better armor resists but less offensive skills. All classes have armor choices that cover all resists. Seems pretty fair to me.

/edit
I agree on your comment about spies, as it is now, holovest is a superiour PA. All others are shit because they either leave you completely open to one damage type or will stop you from using the INT 100 nanite tools. But that's not the point to bring in the need for xray armor.

Zheo
21-06-07, 13:41
I'm for a better variety in armor setups generally. But just adding xray armor to fill in the last holes, nah.
[1] No new xray armor.

The system now is somewhat balanced. You either put on a PA with a damn nice bonus to your offensive skills or you use underwear and such, leaving you with better armor resists but less offensive skills. All classes have armor choices that cover all resists. Seems pretty fair to me.

/edit
I agree on your comment about spies, as it is now, holovest is a superiour PA. All others are shit because they either leave you completely open to one damage type or will stop you from using the INT 100 nanite tools. But that's not the point to bring in the need for xray armor.

Question is though does the +25 hc bonus, negate the -22% armour negative in xray resist? In other words, If I use a Creed and pa vs an xbow pe/spy. then a Creed and Ionic undies will it still have the same outcome? or Will I lose more so to one or the other?

SorkZmok
21-06-07, 14:18
Question is though does the +25 hc bonus, negate the -22% armour negative in xray resist? In other words, If I use a Creed and pa vs an xbow pe/spy. then a Creed and Ionic undies will it still have the same outcome? or Will I lose more so to one or the other?
It's a completely different issue.

The whole offense/defense system isn't working as intended. You gain a lot more from a speed/resist setup with rather low p-c/r-c/h-c than from a setup the other way round.

High combat skills aren't worth the sacrifice in speed, armor and resists. That's the problem.

You'd laugh about the amount of p-c i got. :lol:

Dribble Joy
21-06-07, 14:44
You either put on a PA with a damn nice bonus to your offensive skills or you use underwear and such, leaving you with better armor resists but less offensive skills.
Which is what I suggested in my implant rework thread. The problem is that this isn't allways the case.

(Going by THN data)

For PEs:

PA - 131 total armour (133 for camo), +20.28 combat skill, +3.38 dex.

Medium feliscon - 97 total armour, -15.25 agl.
Medium Krokydolith - 91 total armour, -10.68 ath, -4.58 htl.
Light carbon (need str imp/drug) - 114 total armour, -19.87 fir.
Heavy Fesilicon (need str imp/drug) - 120 total armour, -19.87 agl.

The str 67 underwear has 124 armour but still has a fire and agl nerf.

The only other option for PEs is the regant PA, which has 181 total armour, but less offence powers.

Tanks:

PAs have about 164 armour, big arse atl nerf though.

Heavy Carbonsilk has 141 armour but -24.99 fir.
Medium carbon silk has 130 and -22.43 fir.
Of course most tanks use the tl 67 mentioned above for the xray, but it's hardly the best thing in the world.

I'd agree that tanks need some xray to fill the gap they have, but then tanks also need a big rework too.

It's a completely different issue.

The whole offense/defense system isn't working as intended. You gain a lot more from a speed/resist setup with rather low p-c/r-c/h-c than from a setup the other way round.

High combat skills aren't worth the sacrifice in speed, armor and resists. That's the problem.

You'd laugh about the amount of p-c i got. :lol:
I crunched some numbers and swapping my ppr for a combat 3 gave me almost the same overall setup power.

That said the dmg-time/combat-skilling curve is too shallow and the imps have too large numbers, gives people less room to make choice outside an imp selection.

Also, low pc/rc/whatever does work if you're not using a burst weapon.

Zheo
21-06-07, 18:06
I'd agree that tanks need some xray to fill the gap they have, but then tanks also need a big rework too.

I crunched some numbers and swapping my ppr for a combat 3 gave me almost the same overall setup power.

That said the dmg-time/combat-skilling curve is too shallow and the imps have too large numbers, gives people less room to make choice outside an imp selection.

Also, low pc/rc/whatever does work if you're not using a burst weapon.

Tanks could be fixed by altering weapon damages. For example if tanks are "over powered" lower in general HC/MC weapon damage. OR increase all other weapon damages. With the set up I did for my mate, CS vs Healing light is fine, However obviously this isn't the case with the creed and rav, but if hc damages where lowered then this wouldn't be a problem.

The reason I put in xray armour is to balance the gap, if that gap is on purpose, then they need to change the XBOW to energy not xray otherwise it will be overpowered being the only weapon with xray as a primary damage (unless the apu spells have xray as primary?). As it stands as others have said the whole balancing is still in beta in verious peoples opinion.

nabbl
21-06-07, 18:29
xbow doesnt do xray as primary damage anymore.

its energy now.

Dribble Joy
21-06-07, 19:03
CS vs Healing light is fine
Yes, but the CS is a plasma burst weapon like the Judge, and is rather under powered (ever been down into the gaya regants? ever noticed that regants plasma cannon is pretty weak compared with the ceres lab mobs?) and the HL is a beam weapon, which as you probably know are over powered.

The problem is that with their very high resists and hp, tanks would have to have their dmg levels completely nerfed, lower even than PEs.

Tanks could get a massive armour nerf, but again that wouldn't make much sense.

Best thing to do would be a smaller dmg reduction (to at or just above spy level), and then a decent increase in nanite and self cast shields.

Zheo
21-06-07, 22:28
Yes, but the CS is a plasma burst weapon like the Judge, and is rather under powered (ever been down into the gaya regants? ever noticed that regants plasma cannon is pretty weak compared with the ceres lab mobs?) and the HL is a beam weapon, which as you probably know are over powered.

The problem is that with their very high resists and hp, tanks would have to have their dmg levels completely nerfed, lower even than PEs.

Tanks could get a massive armour nerf, but again that wouldn't make much sense.

Best thing to do would be a smaller dmg reduction (to at or just above spy level), and then a decent increase in nanite and self cast shields.

Or lower the frequency of cannons, so much can be tweeked, I think KK just needs to spend a large amount of time setting everything right, but do they have the staff? We all know they only have about ten staff members it is a shame we can't do more to help. i wouldnt mind spending ten hours a week sorting out weapons and such