PDA

View Full Version : [POLL]Nanite tools - good or bad?

SorkZmok
18-06-07, 09:35
Ok, after starting a discussion about the topic, i wanted a poll just to see how people feel about nanites.

I'm absolutely NOT satisfied with the implementation of nanites though i gotta say i love the general idea.
I just love the variety it gives you as a spy. I can shift my armor and nanites around to get great protection against pretty much every mob there is. And - to a smaller extent - i can adapt my setup depending on the people i fight in pvp. And that is something i want to keep.

Here's my idea to fix nanites without having to change too many things:

1. Double the protection and nanite concentration.
Half the injections, half the stacks, same protection. This would help a lot with the insane amount of buff stacks once you're fully buffed up. Slight nerf to the variety of possible setups but still good enough i guess.
Not to forget it would also lower the time it takes to buff up a lot.

2. Increase tool clipsize and frequency slightly, decrease the stamina usage.
Having to sit still - i have to fucking crouch even - just to keep enough stamina to rebuff is plain stupid. Also reloading the tools all the time is a pain in the ass. I wish the freq could be increased but i doubt it because even now with the low frequency injections tend to disappear if you do it too fast.

3. Increase the buff duration, decrease the duration of the nanite concentration.
It can't be that the protection will fade before the concentration drops. Because that means i have to wait for ALL my buffs to fade before i can start to rebuff. That adds even more time where i am helpless to the already 30ish seconds of rebuffing.
Having to rebuff less often without always having to wait for the concentration to drop would be nice.

What do you think?

Now i need a poll for this. How does it work? Some mod make a poll out of this for me please! :)
[x]Nanites are fine the way they are now
[x]Nanites suck, just remove them alltogether
[x]Nanites suck but those suggested changes should fix them
[x]Nanites suck, i got another idea to change them (and i'll post it)

Apocalypsox
18-06-07, 09:42
I vote for change them with your suggestions, but one more. BETTER HEAL TOOL FOR FUCKING SPIES! having uber defense does nothing for us if it takes us half an hour just to heal ourselves with the meds and the shitty heal tool we get.

StevenJ
18-06-07, 10:12
[x]Nanites suck, i got another idea to change them (and i'll post it)Oops, I just posted it in the other nanite thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2086277#post2086277)

Perhaps a little ambitious, but your suggestions are a great stop-gap in lieu of a major overhaul.

And yes to the heal thing :(

Bredahl
18-06-07, 10:54
[ ]Nanites are fine the way they are now
[ ]Nanites suck, just remove them alltogether
[x]Nanites suck but those suggested changes should fix them
[ ]Nanites suck, i got another idea to change them (and i'll post it)

J J
18-06-07, 10:59
I think they're generally good with one massive problem and a few minor things that need tweaking. For me the one ridiculous problem is the duration of the neal nanite concentration, which effectively means you can only heal once for every set of protection nanites you use. I can imagine the reaction if you could only use a psi heal once per s/d duration... Why the hell does the concentration last after the heal has finished??

That plus a doubling of protection and concentration - noone uses 1 shot of anything, it's 2 minimum and is just a timesink injecting the same nanite 2/4 times, and up the duration slightly.

SorkZmok
18-06-07, 11:42
I vote for change them with your suggestions, but one more. BETTER HEAL TOOL FOR FUCKING SPIES! having uber defense does nothing for us if it takes us half an hour just to heal ourselves with the meds and the shitty heal tool we get.
Yes, that's another thing that's bugging me. Tanks and PEs and even monks can use the heal tools just fine but spies can't? This sucks.

/edit
And where's my poll now? Come on mods! :)

SorkZmok
18-06-07, 19:02
Awesome. Where's the moderation when you need them? If someone posts crap, the thread is gone or closed in a matter of minutes. If i want a poll, nothing happens. :(

*shakes his fist* I want my poll! Now! :)

Archtemplar
18-06-07, 19:16
Awesome. Where's the moderation when you need them? If someone posts crap, the thread is gone or closed in a matter of minutes. If i want a poll, nothing happens. :(

*shakes his fist* I want my poll! Now! :)

I asked for one a week ago in the melee topic, didnt get one.

Apocalypsox
18-06-07, 20:02
PM Niddy. Hes teh lead community moddy person, he should help....hopefully

CMaster
18-06-07, 20:17
Only one player-made thread has ever been made a poll since the new poll-rules were brought in, and that was because KK were planning to make the changes anyway. Don't expect to get a poll on request (although it may happen - I don't make the rules).

SorkZmok
18-06-07, 21:16
Only one player-made thread has ever been made a poll since the new poll-rules were brought in, and that was because KK were planning to make the changes anyway. Don't expect to get a poll on request (although it may happen - I don't make the rules).
Ah damn, i didn't know about the new rules. :(

Nidhogg
18-06-07, 21:20
We came to the conclusion quite some time ago that polls did not promote effective discussion, nor were they in any way truly representative of the community since only a section of the community visits the forum. Polls are often badly worded making the results questionable on some occasions and on other occasions completely worthless, and they encourage people to skip out on posting what would be a meaningful and constructive contribution.

As things stand if people want to make a contribution they generally need to do a little work and that leads to a much better thread for both the community and ourselves.

N

ashley watts
18-06-07, 21:54
Increase duration and increase nanite injection speed, i think you should be able inject a whole tool clip into you rather that single annoying shots, i think they should possibly be kept, just a BIG rework because atm there just not practical in any way.

CMaster
18-06-07, 22:18
Ah damn, i didn't know about the new rules. :(

New as in two years ago or so, when they removed the "create poll" button from normal users.

Kierz
19-06-07, 10:55
change the frequency of the nanite tools to something like 3x what it is now, and increase the clipsize to 200? should be enough imo...

also the problem with the concentration level not dropping after the heal seems to be a bug where the nanite concentration doesnt drop if there are any nanites injected, it waits until there's nothing before dropping it... this is causing a lot of problems, like making the heal tool useless to spies, and forcing players to have to wait for all their buffs to drop before recasting them, instead of just reapplying them as they disapear (psi buff style)

Kazuya
19-06-07, 11:15
edit..

SorkZmok
19-06-07, 11:37
change the frequency of the nanite tools to something like 3x what it is now, and increase the clipsize to 200? should be enough imo...

also the problem with the concentration level not dropping after the heal seems to be a bug where the nanite concentration doesnt drop if there are any nanites injected, it waits until there's nothing before dropping it... this is causing a lot of problems, like making the heal tool useless to spies, and forcing players to have to wait for all their buffs to drop before recasting them, instead of just reapplying them as they disapear (psi buff style)
The nanite concentration stack should be the first to be applied when buffing up. And once it's running, injecting more nanites should not reset its timer like it does now.

That way when the buffs run out, the concentration stack would be the first to go, allowing spies to rebuff alot faster and easier.

calim
19-06-07, 14:02
That way when the buffs run out, the concentration stack would be the first to go, allowing spies to rebuff alot faster and easier.

I remember to have reported this in the "bug report" section from balance forum a long time ago. It's so abvious ! I believed that was a bug a that time :lol:

J J
19-06-07, 14:32
According to KK it's not a bug it's 'working the way it was intended'. Well if that's true someone needs firing for coming up with such a ridiculous idea. Alter psi so that you can only heal once the whole duration of your a/d/p and see what a good idea that is. :rolleyes:

SorkZmok
20-06-07, 11:57
According to KK it's not a bug it's 'working the way it was intended'. Well if that's true someone needs firing for coming up with such a ridiculous idea. Alter psi so that you can only heal once the whole duration of your a/d/p and see what a good idea that is. :rolleyes:
Yeah i really hate that. Maybe they'll fix it someday. Until then we just gotta get used to it.

Pretty harsh that we're restricted to the psi heal, we can't use tradeskill gloves for int/dex or just the damn heal tool that heals TWICE AS MUCH per tick. :(

Zheo
20-06-07, 14:50
Heal nanties bug me, you can shoot yourself about six times. This gives you 120 nanties which is max. However does it heal as much as a TL10? Does it last as long? I believe that a single shot heals faster than a large dose but suposedly a large dose last longer (can't say I believe that) I think that the only possibly reason for increased duration is that if nanties are running out and you inject again it bumps it up one concentration (eg: 20-40) and then resets the duration.

I would much rather that heal nanties worked very much like heal tools and lasted longer and could only be cast once.

Also HEAL nanites should NOT effect the concentration of resist nanties.

SorkZmok
21-06-07, 10:17
Heal nanties bug me, you can shoot yourself about six times. This gives you 120 nanties which is max. However does it heal as much as a TL10? Does it last as long? I believe that a single shot heals faster than a large dose but suposedly a large dose last longer (can't say I believe that) I think that the only possibly reason for increased duration is that if nanties are running out and you inject again it bumps it up one concentration (eg: 20-40) and then resets the duration.

I would much rather that heal nanties worked very much like heal tools and lasted longer and could only be cast once.

Also HEAL nanites should NOT effect the concentration of resist nanties.The TL 40 heal tool is by far the best heal around.

Stacking it doesn't heal you more though. And that a new injection resets the concentration buff is just plain stupid.

I had it so damn often that a heal or nanite injection reset my whole timer back to the start, leaving me with over 125 concentration and a stupid drugflash. And that one wrong click can completely take you out of combat for 5+ minutes. :(