PDA

View Full Version : Considering coming back but . . .

whooplaw
17-06-07, 05:13
I want to know if the problem with vehicles and zone lines has been fixed. Whenever I would cross a zone line in a vehicle there was about a 5-10% chance I would find myself some where inside the zone outside of my vehicle and no idea where the vehicle was put in the zone. Has this been fixed?

Havoc One
17-06-07, 05:50
Heh, you're kidding right?

Zoning with vehicles, without vehicles, using a GR and many times, just standing still, chatting, or shooting a mob results in a de-synch. Relogging sets you back where you were (often times dead) or at the Zone default location. Lord knows where your vehicle might be if you were on one when you de-synched.

It's not as bad as it was a while back though. And the rubber band driving bug seems to have improved quite a bit.

Dribble Joy
17-06-07, 13:35
I don't seem to have any problems with zoning, never have.

Mr Kot
17-06-07, 16:24
Usual story.

Some players use ISPs which are clean as a whistle and don't play with your packets. Other players use Tiscali, AOL, ntl and various other shit ones that cause login bugs and zoning problems.

Personally speaking, i logged my driver char just the other day and flew all over the world zoning many times even with a memory hungry application running in the background and i zoned flawlessly every time. I can't remember the last time i was dumped in a 'wrong' zone or elsewhere than i should have been.

Heh, you're kidding right?

Zoning with vehicles, without vehicles, using a GR and many times, just standing still, chatting, or shooting a mob results in a de-synch. Relogging sets you back where you were (often times dead) or at the Zone default location. Lord knows where your vehicle might be if you were on one when you de-synched.When that used to happen, it happened to everyone at the same time when someone spiked the server hamster's water bottle.

The mechanics are ok.. but watch that zoneline from D-09 to E-09 in the mountains; there's a glitch with the height calculation which gives you fall damage. Depending on your resists / health etc. it may kill you.

Havoc One
18-06-07, 05:00
I'm running 1512 DSL and it's clean as a whistle. Course I am West Coast and a good 7k miles from the servers. Average ping 185-215ms. Might have something to do with it.

Just managed to drive TH to Regeants and back without a glitch. That was nice. Lost a Glider to a Zone de-synch North side of Nemesis though....

Selendor
18-06-07, 15:43
So in summary if it was fecked before its most likely still fecked.

spikeownzu
27-06-07, 14:19
i live in england, which should be close to the server? (its in germany i guess), i'm on virgin broadband 8mb, i have severe zoning and login problems, as well as mid-fight synching and i seem to fatal a lot more then my friends

Selendor
28-06-07, 13:01
Hmm, I'm on Virgin crapband too, maybe there's a correlation because my logins are horrendous, sometimes 8 times it takes to get the proper rpos when logging in.

spikeownzu
09-07-07, 17:29
about 10 times on login i have to relog to get the right rpos

think the most i ever had to do was 17 or 18, and everybody else was fine..

just imagine though, when i fatal in an op fight or get synch, i have to relog 8+ times lol

Apocalypsox
09-07-07, 17:39
if it doesnt happen to everyone...sounds like a problem on your end eh? tis the way i see it atleast. I personally cant remember the last time i fataled or had a login bug of any kind. One synch was kinda long a few days ago but thats it.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-07-07, 06:59
I havent had any bugs in my time back, and Im from the west US, used to have horrible syncs.

Dead Bodies
05-11-07, 01:24
i have the same assband problem where did all this synch come from!

kayvaan
05-11-07, 10:05
lol... i maybe get a fatal once a week.

i didnt experience any bad zone syncs or sth. like login problems. everything is working fine for me.

Doc Holliday
05-11-07, 22:41
on the subject of virgin as an isp there is supposed to be a major upgrade to the service planned in december. probably be just in time for the new patch i hope ;)

Megazoid
10-11-07, 12:49
on the subject of virgin as an isp there is supposed to be a major upgrade to the service planned in december. probably be just in time for the new patch i hope ;)
Check this list out (notice Virgin Media is 6th from last). I changed from Virgin.net to Freeola, and my connection now doesn't drop under 6mb ever. Get your Mac code, and migrate off is my advice.

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Tratos
10-11-07, 14:34
NTL users always had problems with Neocron connections as their infrastructure was shite and since Virgin IS NTL, the infrastructure is still shite.

When i last played i was with Nildram, 26th on that list and only ever had the odd sync and got a login bug maybe one in fifty attempts when i first started using the service.

As time passed and they were bought by Pipex and their throttling and general performance got worse, the login bugs increased, i dread to think what it'd be like now since many people have jumped from the good ship Nildram as its only gotten worse.

I'm on Be* Broadband and i'll tell you what syncs are like when i come back for the new patch :)

Doc Holliday
07-12-07, 20:06
NTL users always had problems with Neocron connections as their infrastructure was shite and since Virgin IS NTL, the infrastructure is still shite.

When i last played i was with Nildram, 26th on that list and only ever had the odd sync and got a login bug maybe one in fifty attempts when i first started using the service.

As time passed and they were bought by Pipex and their throttling and general performance got worse, the login bugs increased, i dread to think what it'd be like now since many people have jumped from the good ship Nildram as its only gotten worse.

I'm on Be* Broadband and i'll tell you what syncs are like when i come back for the new patch :)

FOr the record the 8mb broadband is via the off cable service (ie through a bt line. ) its adsl also as im sure some of you are aware. this can be affected by a lot more things than dsl if im not mistaken. i wrote them the other day as im on adsl again reference to all the issues with ventrilo etc and they said there are issues with the network and gaming and they are taking steps to rectify it.

hopefully i will have moved house before that :)

james_finn
07-12-07, 20:10
I dont know wether this affects NC players on Virgin (ADSL not Cable) or not, but I know its affected eve customers. Turns out virgin is using a new packet shaping system in which if the network traffic isnt prioritised as "High" then it gets shoved to the back of their network queue.

Be interesting if people with Virgin could say whether there connection problems/pings have increased in the last couple of weeks!

Doc Holliday
09-12-07, 22:11
I dont know wether this affects NC players on Virgin (ADSL not Cable) or not, but I know its affected eve customers. Turns out virgin is using a new packet shaping system in which if the network traffic isnt prioritised as "High" then it gets shoved to the back of their network queue.

Be interesting if people with Virgin could say whether there connection problems/pings have increased in the last couple of weeks!

yes they did. its all over the ventrilo forums too as major problems have arisen from that. however my ping has always been higher since being on adsl. now its super high with black synchs/lag outs at every op fight i go to. sadly.

a4nic8er
10-12-07, 00:34
yes they did. its all over the ventrilo forums too as major problems have arisen from that. however my ping has always been higher since being on adsl. now its super high with black synchs/lag outs at every op fight i go to. sadly.
Sounds similar to what Telecom (New Zealand's BT) did. I spent 10 months arguing with them about ever-increasing packet loss before they finally admitted there was a problem and suggested I fuck off, as they weren't going to do anything about it. I took the hint and changed ISP.

See http://sqwert.net if you want to laugh at my long whinge/rant about it or compare data and/or test methods.

dogman jones
11-12-07, 19:14
The game is a classic.

Anyone who has played the game long enough to become immersed in the rich story line, faction intracacies, and the war that rages soon become to love the game and the bugs become less of an issue, and more of a (this is an old school joke) "feature".

Its true. Someone dispute it.

Once you get your first rare weapon, its all over. You are part of Neocron.

Snedex
11-12-07, 19:22

I'm *supposedly* on a 15Mbit connection with Virgin (Cable) and ping to NC gameservers ranges from 127ms minimum to ~250ms, likewise on Ventrillo. Traceroute shows that a NTL server/router/switch in London is phenominally slow at sending my packets through, but sadly there is little i can do about it.

Doc Holliday
12-12-07, 11:48
I'm *supposedly* on a 15Mbit connection with Virgin (Cable) and ping to NC gameservers ranges from 127ms minimum to ~250ms, likewise on Ventrillo. Traceroute shows that a NTL server/router/switch in London is phenominally slow at sending my packets through, but sadly there is little i can do about it.

there isnt a 15mb. 2/4/20mb on dsl. 1 and 8mb on adsl. i would drop it down if you dont need the speed :)

L0KI
12-12-07, 11:50
there isnt a 15mb. 2/4/20mb on dsl. 1 and 8mb on adsl. i would drop it down if you dont need the speed :)

He is talking about cable i think mate!

dsl = digital subscriber line iirc, which is phone line!

Cable is just plain uber. Wish I had cable :(
Stupidly quick and cheap.

William Antrim
12-12-07, 12:20
I have cable, its great. Virgin do do DSL too though, which is what our brother is on, hence why he never plays.