PDA

View Full Version : Current Status of NC2?

sic162
10-06-07, 10:15
So, I am a very old Neocron player. I recently started my account up to try out 2.1 and it was'nt all that bad, I just got bored as none of my friends play anymore, and Terra was very dead. I've been reading up on this 2.2 and rebalancing of PVE and whatnot, and so far I havn't seen too many people talk about the good things about 2.2. I just reactivated to give it a try myself *waiting on download* and I want to find out from someone whether or not I just wasted my money. In other words, has 2.2 completely ruined the game? or when i login will i still feel comfortable killing a warbot at least.

nellus
10-06-07, 11:36
I would say the PvE side of 2.2 is more realistic now. It is very much harder.

I used to take my tank out ranked 68/64 and think nothing of taking on 3 or 4 warbots. now i have to fight hard to kill 1 warbot which for me is how it should be. Hw can a runner take on 3 mobs with much higher ranks.

Tickles
10-06-07, 13:29
If you want to get tech parts now, most people don't go for WBs unless they have a Rhino, they go to Regants or Ceres Labs, where many techs drop. Leveling is also very good at Regants, and still also at Chaos Caves.

PvP-wise i believe its pretty good, more balanced, although most people would say there is still a lot to be done. Changes in the next few months will make it even better.

Overall i'm pretty happy with Nc2.2. You should definitely try it and ask out on help channel about the new stuff. Terra is the main server now, the other servers are pretty dead.

a4nic8er
10-06-07, 23:31
So, I am a very old Neocron player. I recently started my account up to try out 2.1 and it was'nt all that bad, I just got bored as none of my friends play anymore, and Terra was very dead. I've been reading up on this 2.2 and rebalancing of PVE and whatnot, and so far I havn't seen too many people talk about the good things about 2.2. I just reactivated to give it a try myself *waiting on download* and I want to find out from someone whether or not I just wasted my money. In other words, has 2.2 completely ruined the game? or when i login will i still feel comfortable killing a warbot at least.
Populations are rather low (and KK are moving all the antis out of DOY back to Canyon/TH/Pepper Park). There were 30 free days when 2.2 was released. That got a lot of people back. Most of them stopped playing after the free period (a small number began paying 'though). Unfortunately quite a few that were playing before 2.2 also left.

If you like bugs/clipping/long syncs/time-sinks/unbalanced balancing/searching for other players, you haven't wasted your money

SorkZmok
11-06-07, 00:10
If you want to pvp, forget it and find another game.

It's not possible anymore with the netcode. All people do these days is clipwhore.

:(

/edit
And if you still want to pvp, either get a lowtech tank with ion cannon/dev or a woc pe/spy. Everything else is utterly fucked these days and will not stand a chance. So much for pvp balance. :rolleyes:

Necpock
11-06-07, 11:29
If you want to pvp, forget it and find another game.

It's not possible anymore with the netcode. All people do these days is clipwhore.

:(

/edit
And if you still want to pvp, either get a lowtech tank with ion cannon/dev or a woc pe/spy. Everything else is utterly fucked these days and will not stand a chance. So much for pvp balance. :rolleyes:

EXACTLY what he said.

solling
12-06-07, 11:35
ive seen some pes do quite fine without woc tho with ion rifle so yeh u need one of the new weapons to really compete

SorkZmok
12-06-07, 11:39
ive seen some pes do quite fine without woc tho with ion rifle so yeh u need one of the new weapons to really compete

I can do quite fine on my rog pe. But that doesn't change the fact that i would do MUCH better if it was another xbow PE.

That's the whole point. :(

sic162
13-06-07, 02:57
and what is this ion rifle called..

Bredahl
13-06-07, 03:19
and what is this ion rifle called..
Ionic Shotgun Rifle ;)

Apocalypsox
13-06-07, 04:29
i had quite a good fight against a guy with an ion rifle today. I nearly beat him 2 or 3 times with first love :D

SorkZmok
13-06-07, 09:05
i had quite a good fight against a guy with an ion rifle today. I nearly beat him 2 or 3 times with first love :D
I gotta say the ion rifle seems quite balanced to me. It does good damage for it's TL and especially seems balanced considering the defense a PE can get with it.
The ion cannon on the other hand is just mad. It deals so much more damage than it's rifle pendant.
And the pistol? Useless except for opening a fight on someone you jump from behind. But with the reloading issues the pistol really isn't viable for anything else. Deals nice damage though.

solling
13-06-07, 10:20
ion cannon i feel is balanced to really i play tank a lot and hardly use it so many other way better weapons then that and as long as u got some force pierce its not to bad , of course it DOES do more then its rifle counterpart is IS a cannon :p all in all i think ion weapons are pretty balanced, pistol does have the greatest damage of them all but 1 shot reload is well i dunno i would prefer less damage and more shots before reload tho but thats just me

Kierz
13-06-07, 11:41
i would prefer less damage and more shots before reload tho but thats just methat would make it another wyatt/beretta/freeman? :p