PDA

View Full Version : [THN] THN Down?!?!?!?!

james_finn
07-06-07, 21:49
Yes, the THN is currently down, we believe that bram has had a bit too much to drink and has pulled out the power cable accidently when walking past the server. Current estimated time to restart is around 10 minutes (20:55 GMT)

/Delphi

P.S. Appologies Nid for posting in the Community announcements didnt realise it was moderated.

CMaster
07-06-07, 21:50
...[No longer releveant, Delphi fixed it]...

Brammers
07-06-07, 22:02
Will be down a little while.

Gentoo removed Apache 1 support from PHP 5.2... Got to rollback the PHP upgrade.

Apologies for the downtime.

H00ver
07-06-07, 22:25
Linux ! haha ! :p

aKe`cj
07-06-07, 22:32
we believe that bram has had a bit too much to drink and has pulled out the power cable accidently when walking past the server.

Hah .. always knew Bram was cleaning the server rooms at KK on part time :D

Linux ! haha ! :p

you know... it aint got all them funky icons and buttons and talking paper-clips and whathaveyou to keep people like you from touching it :p

H00ver
07-06-07, 22:43
Hah .. always knew Bram was cleaning the server rooms at KK on part time :D

you know... it aint got all them funky icons and buttons and talking paper-clips and whathaveyou to keep people like you from touching it :p

Yeah, yeah... welcome to the 21th. century, you are an obsolete MS-DOS abuser? xD

Oh .. errrrr... sorry..nevermind! You are a obsolete php coder !!! xD

Brammers
08-06-07, 00:59
Ok my apologies for the downtime, we are back up in a bit of a limited matter, so some things may not work as they should.

There will be some more downtime over the next few days, once I've sorted out a battle plan with the rest of the server admin.

Also I will warn you the Rares DB could go offline without warning.

Now, can someone please supply me with baseball bats, the addresses of the idiots at Gentoo who thought it was smart to remove Apache 1 support from PHP... :mad:

Trillian
08-06-07, 01:20
Now, can someone please supply me with baseball bats..

Don't have a baseball bat, but I can send you a spatula if you would like!

james_finn
08-06-07, 01:46
Don't have a baseball bat, but I can send you a whip if you would like!

I fixed it for you Trill ;)

Kamuix99
08-06-07, 06:56
Just wanted to say, you guys did an awesome and great job there. The side is wonderfull and covers most all topics from Neocron.

My saluations to ya :)

Brammers
08-06-07, 12:22
Thanks Kamuix99 ;)

Unfortunatly there is going to be some more downtime, except this time it's planned downtime.

Sometime between 07:00BST and 17:00BST on Saturday 9th June, the THN will be unavailable. This includes the THN forums, Item DB, and Rares DB. The ability to edit your Rares list in the Rares DB will not be available during the upgrade.

During the downtime, the THN web server will be upgraded from Apache 1 to Apache 2.

Brammers
09-06-07, 16:02
The THN should be back as normal. Any problems, please report them here.