PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Anime Network (UK)

Lexxuk
05-06-07, 16:19
Passing by so giving a heads up to people with Sky. Propeller is showing Anime Network on Sundays, 8pm-10pm. Their current line up is:

8-8:30 - Coyote Ragtime Show
8:30-9 - Neon Genesis Evangelion
9-9:30 - Guyver (the new one, UK premier)
9:30-10 - Elfen Lied

Obviously the more people who get to watch (and their presenter Emma is incredibly hot and worth watching on her own) the better the chance that other channels will pick up Anime from Japan.

Its on channel 195, Sunday. Set your Sky+ if you got a bad memory!

I *know* they are looking for Advertisers btw, and their viewers should be in the age range for NC players (18-30), so as they currently have no advertisers KK should be able to get a good price to pimp their wares on UK telly ;) I'd say, sponser Guyver, and send Emma and Stu a free NC2 shirt!

Serious_Sam
05-06-07, 16:47
[ edited ]

Dribble Joy
05-06-07, 16:51
I wonder if they'll edit Elfin Lied.... I hope not.

God knows what they keep putting out Eva, just because it's a 'classic', rather than being something half decent. Pretentious pile of cock juice.

Lexxuk
05-06-07, 17:57
Not sure its censored, the first 10 minutes were rather violent, the next 10 full of naked cat person walking around naked.

[ edited ]

Indeed, Piracy being the reason you pay a premium on them DVD's you purchased, long live people who "think" they get something for nothing!

Dribble Joy
05-06-07, 21:10
Poor Nana though.... I won't say more if you haven't seen the next few episodes.

Jodo
05-06-07, 21:49
I *know* they are looking for Advertisers btw, and their viewers should be in the age range for NC players (18-30),

There's enough manga muppets around NC already, we don't need any more.

suler
06-06-07, 00:38
Indeed, Piracy being the reason you pay a premium on them DVD's you purchased, long live people who "think" they get something for nothing!

I can't agree with that though Lexxuk. Most companies set their prices according to the industry standards, which are set by the big name companies. The big name companies are still getting large profit margins. The small name companies are too usually.

If a company thinks they can make a profit and still demand me to pay them more because it thinks it deserves money for every downloaded copy, well that's a company I can't support anyways.

Anyways though I do think you should buy anything you support, and bittorrent is the enemy of the internet.

Lexxuk
06-06-07, 14:24
Its pretty much always been the way with games since forever, to take into account with pricing for piracy. Say for instance they need to shift 1,000,000 copies of a game to break even, if 250,000 people use utorrent instead of buying it then the cost of 250,000 customers need to be taken into account. So the 750,000 people who buy the game have to pay extra because of the 250,000 that stole the game.

Over here in the UK, the bittorrent users and usenet users are being punished with download caps, bandwith throttling, traffic shaping etc. Their obsession with filling their hard drives basically means they have lowered the quality of their DSL connections, and even though speed has gone up, available bandwith is less, so pirates are paying in that way too. BT are not upgrading copper to fibre so the most people will get in the next 15-20 years is 24mb tops (unless gov. steps in and pays for fibre optics). So whilst 30% of Japan is now on fibre and 100m/bit with no limits, the UK is going way down the list.

Anyhow, heya cracky!! <3

suler
07-06-07, 09:25
if 250,000 people use utorrent instead of buying it then the cost of 250,000 customers need to be taken into account.
This is a big part of my problem with the paying for piracy thing. You have to assume that every person who downloads the game would of bought it if piracy wasn't a factor. The truth is though that the percent of people who would actually buy the game out of the people who downloaded the game is significantly lower.

On top of that there is no way to track or even guess how many copies of a game are downloaded. The last thing I have to note is game prices have been about the same for awhile now, piracy trends have not.

My point is there is no way for them to accurately come up with an amount to charge to cover their losses, nor do they balance their prices based on actual piracy trends. This means the extra money they charge is just an arbitrary number they made up and now stick with, not actually based on any statistics.

Companies should try to reward those that buy their stuff instead of just punishing consumers. Starforce for example has made me want to take the game back and set it on fire. Companies seem to act like the average person is a criminal until proven innocent.

PS. Hey Lexxuk, what's new?

Lexxuk
07-06-07, 13:56
Indeed, Starforce and DRM are another way that pirates are being forced into paying for music/software, and with one company running a test case by blanket suing 500 people who downloaded a pinball game and telling them "coff up £500 or we'll see you in court" sends the message "you aint anon, we win this we'll track you down and sue you like the RIAA does for music sharers!".

In Germany (I think) there is an actual tax on recordable media, like CD-RW, so that the government can use that tax to pay people who may have had their work copied. I think Canada was also making a tax on iPods for people who illegally copy music to their iPods. Taxing everyone.

As for me, I'm fine. Currently breaking in the engine of my new motorbike, trying to get the first 500km outta the way before changing the oil then I can really open it up, going slow sucks but on the bright side, saves petrol :D

=REMUS=
07-06-07, 15:44
what bike have you got lexxy poo?

Lexxuk
07-06-07, 16:05
Just a cheap Chinese import to play around, shoulda got another Honda really, insurance on these Chinese things is horrific >.<

Serious_Sam
07-06-07, 18:17
But yea, Elfen Lied is very good, very twisted and fucked up. The only part in any Anime that physically made me squirm was:

*SPOILER ALERT*

When the puppy gets beaten to death