PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Something that made me laugh

Matanius
01-06-07, 14:37
Not amazingly funny but just something I found whilst researching for my project and thought I would share it with you :p

Baseball became much more popular than did Christianity. In 1891, a Japanese team challenged the Americans in Yokohama to a game. The American Athletic Club initially did not take the challenge seriously. Convinced of their own superiority as the masters of an American game and sure of a win over the smaller Japanese, it took five years before they finally agreed to a game. The game took place at the Club, where Japanese had previously not been allowed to enter, and the Japanese team showed no reaction to the boos and catcalls of the gaijin (foreigner) crowd. What happened next shocked the complacent Americans. The Japanese won 29-4. In a later rematch the Japanese once again won with another large gap in the scores.

L.....O.....L :D

nabbl
01-06-07, 15:32
did u see the anime series: "Samurai Champloo" ?

that match was descriped in one episode in a very ironic way ... best champloo episode ever :P

MUGEN 4tw !

Matanius
01-06-07, 15:37
Despite (or maybe because of) my passion for Japanese history I have never really got into any Manga/Hentai/Anime stuff.

Much to Napalm's disdain of course :p

Serious_Sam
01-06-07, 16:32
Samurai Champloo is one of the best anime series of recent times. And that episode is just genious.

Its true though, the Americans really do think its their sport. Never mind the fact that it comes from rounders, a fact the Japanese like to remind people.

Napalm82
01-06-07, 16:36
I know the episode your thinking of Nabbl, its episode 23, altho i dont think i can post a link to the episode here.

I'll try tossing it at Matan when he gets on MSN, lets all force him to watch Anime so he can get hooked on it :lol:

- Napalm

Dribble Joy
01-06-07, 17:11
Cricket > Baseball

And we don't pretend to be good at it.

Mr Kot
01-06-07, 22:50
Cricket > Baseball

And we don't pretend to be good at it.
:wtf:

It's soooooooooo boring to watch. Never understood it anyway.

rob444
01-06-07, 22:57
Rolling thumbs > anything.

aKe`cj
01-06-07, 23:01
:wtf:

It's soooooooooo boring to watch. Never understood it anyway.

noob... :p

Good thing about cricket is, us australians pretty much pwn everyone else at it AND even more important - you can enjoy a few beers while watching it.
Sure - you might say you can do the same with soccer or baseball or whatever... BUT ... ever seen a soccer match last a whole week? :D

Serious_Sam
05-06-07, 00:26
Cricket is beyond gay.