PDA

View Full Version : Halp! Halp! Stuck at Loading screen.

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 01:56
Yes, it is sad indeed.
Here i am, downloaded the client (neocron_22.exe), and after installing i had to create a trial account (i'd like to see the game before paying, no?).
Ah yes, two boxes: click2pay and paypal, click2play was the one most to the left, so it got the click.
The horror, it no wanted to work, click2pay did a superp job of making sure i would absolutely not be using their service, stubbornly as i tried to get to to heed my wishes, it i finally regonized the vigor of click2pay and decided to let it has this victory.
Paypal worked swiftly, and soon i had my trial account ready to be used.
I started the launcher, it patched a little, no big deal, then it asked for username and password, i of course typed my username...but ohnoes, what was my password?
Rushing to check my mail, and found nothing there. Puzzled i made neocron send me another password, and i checked my mail and yes again was greet by the lack of a password.
Panicking, I whined to a friend, and after licking him when he was not paying sufficient attention, he aggred to let me use his mail for neocron to send a password to.
This was done, and i got the password...the heavens have inded found it fit to test me resolve, but at this point there was no stopping me.
This bliss lasted till i launched the game and got to read the epilepsy warning, i of course threw myself behind the neartest piece of furniture large enough to shield me from the harmful lights of the monitor.
After a few hours of consideration, i came to the conclusion that is very likely that i do not suffer from epilepsy, pleased i went back to the monitor...it was at loading, and very much stuck.
The game had perviously been set it to windowed mode in options, so it was an easy thing to open task manager and close it.
Started the launcher again, clicked the play neocron, again it stopped at the loading...doing nothing.
I tried not setting it to windowed mode (who knows what the fault was?), it did not work.
Tried updating graphics drivers, directx, close all unnessesary processes (this including my only firewall, zonealarm)...nothing worked.
Cursing the will of the heavens, i tried to reboot.
Did everything (closing processes, firewall etc) again, followed by more reboots...still it did not work.
And now, here i am, refusing to let the vicious plots of the heavens succed, asking if perhaps someone here could lend me their aid.

I got some fancy logs that might shed some light on the issue:
Callstack1.log through Callstack4.log are all empty.

console.log:

05-31-2007 00:39:00 >

------------------------------------------------------------

It repeats this, but with different timestamps.

D3D9Drv.log:

Processing driver hook
Init D3D object
Init D3DEnum object

--------------------
Start enumeration
--------------------

Driver: nv4_disp.dll (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX)
Driver: supports shader versions VS=3.0 PS=3.0
Driver: best desktop format D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
Driver: best depthstencil format D3DFMT_D24S8
Driver: best texture format D3DFMT_R5G6B5
Driver: best alpha texture format D3DFMT_A4R4G4B4
Driver: best compressed texture format D3DFMT_DXT1
Driver: best compressed alpha texture format D3DFMT_DXT3
Driver: best lightmap format D3DFMT_R5G6B5
Mode: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
Mode: D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8
Mode: D3DFMT_A2R10G10B10
Mode: D3DFMT_X1R5G5B5
Mode: D3DFMT_A1R5G5B5
Mode: D3DFMT_R5G6B5

--------------------
End enumeration
--------------------

Init D3D object
Init D3DEnum object
Shutdown driver
Shutdown driver
Processing driver hook

--------------------
DrvInit() started
--------------------

Init D3D object
Init D3DEnum object

--------------------
Start enumeration
--------------------

Driver: nv4_disp.dll (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX)
Driver: supports shader versions VS=3.0 PS=3.0
Driver: best desktop format D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
Driver: best depthstencil format D3DFMT_D24S8
Driver: best texture format D3DFMT_R5G6B5
Driver: best alpha texture format D3DFMT_A4R4G4B4
Driver: best compressed texture format D3DFMT_DXT1
Driver: best compressed alpha texture format D3DFMT_DXT3
Driver: best lightmap format D3DFMT_R5G6B5
Mode: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
Mode: D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8
Mode: D3DFMT_A2R10G10B10
Mode: D3DFMT_X1R5G5B5
Mode: D3DFMT_A1R5G5B5
Mode: D3DFMT_R5G6B5

--------------------
End enumeration
--------------------

Fullscreen: No
Window size: 1024x768
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Format BackBuffer: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
Format DepthStencil: D3DFMT_D24S8
Format Textures: D3DFMT_R5G6B5
Format Textures w/alpha: D3DFMT_A4R4G4B4
Format Textures compressed: D3DFMT_DXT1
Format Textures compressed w/alpha: D3DFMT_DXT3
Format Lightmaps: D3DFMT_R5G6B5

--------------------
Create device
--------------------

Device: maxbones=60

--------------------
Create device done.
--------------------

Window depth: -1 bpp (windowed)
Create render caches
Create dummy texture
Create dummy texture #2
Create lightmap pool
Supported shader versions: VS=3.0 PS=3.0
Create water FX buffers

--------------------
DrvInit() done.
--------------------

D3DDrv.Log

--- RememberOldMode ---
--- CreateD3D ---
--- EnumDevices ---

--- ShutdownD3D ---
Shutdown was successful...

--- RememberOldMode ---
--- CreateD3D ---
--- EnumDevices ---
--- EnumDisplayModes ---
--- EnumDevices ---
--- PickDevice ---
Depths = 0xffffffff
: Driver #0
- Hardware check
- Window mode check
: Driver #1
- Hardware check
- Window mode check
- T&L check (stopping now!)

--- ShutdownD3D ---
Shutdown was successful...

Error.Log through Error4.Log all say:

free memory: 1697 MB physical, 3714 MB virtual (83%)
File Check complete: 1147 files checked

Init.Log:

=================================================================
Neocron Intitialization Logfile
=================================================================

Current Time: 23:02:45
Current Date: 05-30-2007

WinMain: Creating window . . .

WinMain: Current server connection: 62.140.29.50:7000

WinMain: Window created!
Host: Current language: ENG
Host: Console initialized.
Init Engine . . .
Init Driver . . .
Enumerating display modes . . .
-> Valid modes found: 58
Enumerating sound and mixer modes . . .
Selecting drivers and modes . . .
-> Display: (D3D9) NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (driver)
-> Display: WindowMode (mode)
-> Sound: Generic DirectSound Driver (driver)
-> Sound: Generic DirectSound Mixer (mixer)
Creating file system . . .
Setup for display driver . . .
-> Mode: 1024 x 768
Creating camera . . .
Creating sound manager . . .
Creating actor manager . . .
Creating genesis world manager . . .
Creating font . . .
Initialization completed!

Host: Creating controller . . .
Basehost: Initialize resources . . .
-> TextureManager . . . complete
-> ActorManager . . . complete
-> SoundManager . . . complete
-> TextManager . . . complete
-> Fractions . . . complete
-> ScriptManager . . . complete
-> ParticleManager . . . complete
Basehost: Resources initialized!
Host: Comleted.
Host: Creating netmanager . . .
. . . world loaded.
Creating FX-System for worlds . . .
Creating FX-System for actors . . .
Creating other FX-Systems . . .
. . . FX-Systems created.
. . . Initialization of WorldManager completed!

clientliblog.txt repeats:

Sending version request.
Then says:

Connected To IP:62.140.29.50 Port:8020
And then a few more version requests.
This is all.

My system should be:
Graphics card: Geforce 8800 GTX
Motherbord: Asus Striker Extreme
Memory: 2GB Corsair
CPU: Core2Due E6600
Running two western digital raptor, 74gb, WD74ADFD in raid as system drive.
A hitachi deskstar 320gb for storage.
For sound i got some soundcard that came with the motherboard, but i am not using that (it is installed though, incase i have use for speakers), instead i am using a platronics .Audio 550 DSP headset.

My directx is 9c from april
And my drivers for my graphics cards are the newest ones, i tried both english and international (158.22).

This is pretty much everything i could think of that might be of interest...concering this specific problem of mine.
Any help would be much appreciated.

"I said to Life, I would hear Death speak. And Life raised her voice a little higher and said, You hear him now."
--Kahlil Gibran

a4nic8er
31-05-07, 04:10
I suspect ZoneAlarm (closing process with task manager doesn't always work).

I would try the following: Open ZA and (in Programs tab) delete any "client.exe" then select "add" button and chose the client.exe in Neocron folder and give it "allow". Reboot and try Neocron.

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 06:11
I did as you suggested, and it did not work, i suspected as much for a number of reasons.
First though, i should let the dear readers know, that i do not actually know anything, the following is based on random quesses and the few scraps my memory succeeds in liberating from the darks corners of the void.

First, when u shutdown zone alarm it does tend to solve all problems related to zone alarm. I have had a few problems, where i suspected zone alarm was the cause (relentless is a good description for zone alarm), shutting down zone alarm has than proved to solve the problem (know what the problem is, makes it easier to try to fix it). Besides, the zone alarm doesn't give any logs where it denies client.exe or the like, and as far as my knowledge goes, it always does that.
I do love them logs, sometimes i want to make logs of my logs, so i know what i have...and where.
Back to neocron.
Second, i do not think it is a matter of internet access, i might be mistaken on this (me? mistaken? HA! Ever heard anything so farfetched?), but it gets stuck/freezes on the loading screen, and i do believe there should be some login screen after that, yes?, where u put in login and pass. This would be the place where i'd expect such problems with the denial of internet access, since it checks for patches in the launcher, as said though, i might be mistaken about this (haha).

But at this time i shall not rule out anything. In any case, thanks a lot for your efforts, sadly this was not the problem. You can often blame a lot on zone alarm, it loves to make things difficult (probably some malicious conspiracy with the heavens, or a plot of devastation proportions), like msn, zone alarm loves to make msn do all sorts of annoying things (one time i barely dodged a msn water pistol attack, of course directed by zone alarm), but this particular problem does not seem to be the cause of zone alarm.

Napalm82
31-05-07, 07:06
Now, I am no genious NeoCron wizard, so anythng i say might not be all that helpful.

You could try changing the DX the game uses (Under the setup you can choose DX7 or DX9) i heard some people have trouble with one of the 2 different DX settings.

E-mail helpdesk@neocron.com with every bit of information you an think of and maybe a link to this thread so they can see what you have tried and what you will try.

Some people manually delete some of the NeoCron files so they can me re-downloaded by the launcher, however i do not know which ones could help you in this particular problem.

I do hope this will all work out, we could use more humorous players :D

- Napalm

Carnage
31-05-07, 07:21
Have you tried to start neocron in windowmode (launcher config menue)
and check while the startprocess if a zonealarm block message pops up ?

If you stuck in the loading screen its mostly a connection issue. (your dx9 looks ok)

If you cant locate the problem, please contact our supportadresses helpdesk@neocron.com or tech@neocron.com

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 07:53
Thanks for replying Napalm82 and Carnage (a4nic8er too, if I have not said so already), it is much appreciated.
I tried the directx 7 thing, but it refuses to work (still stuck at loading).
As for the deletion of files, since I do not know which files I should concern myself with, I have not tried this, I have however reinstalled the game once, and run the filecheck thingy with no problems found.
I could of course just randomly delete files, and let destiny decide whether I get to play Neocron or not, however i recall an incident back in 7th grade where I, in a pretty rude language, cursed destiny, so I think i would rather not, destiny does not forgive easily and strikes like a viper.

As for windowed mode, i love windowed mode, I'd do windows in windowed mode if I could (I probably can, but let us say just say I have chosen not to, for reason that cannot be understand throught explanations of mere words (I can do anytihng)).
Returning to the matter at hand, I have indeed tried playing in windowed mode, and zone alarm does not ask for permission, as it usually does when something new (a program which has not yet been configured) asks for internet access. I am still pretty certain that it is not zone alarm (not yet atleast, might have troubles later ¬_¬).
I do suppose it could be a connection issue, just I do not know how/why.
Let it be known, that i suspect it to be graphics related, i have no real proof of this, just that way it acts makes me recall foggy things, nothing clearly, just a hunch.

Anyway, I shall be sending a mail to helpdesk@neocron.com as advised.
My will's fire shall not be quenched by silly setbacks like this, only the lack of food would do that, and a few other things that shall remain unsaid, incase "someone" is listening.

Carnage
31-05-07, 07:59
Let it be known, that i suspect it to be graphics related, i have no real proof of this, just that way it acts makes me recall foggy things, nothing clearly, just a hunch.

If you have wrong drivers (i.e. DX9 Drivers) this will be logged in the error.log
Your error.log contains nothing which let me think its a connection issue.

Can you ping 62.140.29.50 over windows commandline ?

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 08:21
Whether a connection issue is the problem or not, I cannot say (actually, I could say anything I want...unless my parrent notice :| then I might get into trouble if I say the wrong things, so I better be careful), I do suppose it could, since I really have no idea, and there shouldn't really be a problem with my graphics.

Still, the way it just stops, at the loading screen, the first screen are like pictures, yes?, it's after those the real game loads, correct?
Since this is where it halts, I sorta hear something or the like, it might just be my imagination.

As you said, the error logs don't say much (not which is useful, I think).
However, if it really is a connection issue, then I do not spot where it originates, before mentioned friend does not know either, but then again, I do believe him to know less than I, and if the glorious me does not know, well, how can he? (Warning: previous statement may have no relation whatsoever to reality).

I really do not think it is zone alarm, and I do not have windows firewall activated, neither do I have a router that may hinder the connection. I am currently not aware of anything else that could be blocking access. Unless, as you say, zone alarm really can work it's black magics while shutdown (and the adding of client.exe didn't really work).

I do not suppose that Neocron has trouble with graphics cards like mine? or perhaps a sound issue? (though, don't you usually just not get sounds then?)
If the error logs says when an error occurs, like if something cannot be loaded, perhaps the game does load, but just doesn't work correctly? (please spare my easily bruised feelings by not bluntly saying this is utter silliness, incase it indeed is).

Carnage
31-05-07, 08:27
you can try to delete the models.tmp
this will be created at the first start for precaching the charactermodels.
If this file is broken in anyway, the client doesnt start.

Have you tried to deinstall zonealarm ?
Many users had problems with "inactive" Zonealarms which still block the client.exe

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 08:36
Models.tmp you say, where is this file supposed to be located?
I searched through my Neocron2 folder, no such file.

As for uninstalling zone alarm, i am afraid to :|
Who knows what sort of ungodly nastiness will infect my system, and add to that spyware and viruses and stuff.
Ohnoes, I shall think, besides, if the ONLY way to play neocron2 is to not have zone alarm installed at all, then I fear I shall have to not play neocron 2...atleast not on my own dear computer. I'd have to highjack someone else's (who does not use zone alarm, I wouldn't be so mean as go around uninstalling their programs).

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 08:53
I got news everyone!
Now you are all very likely sitting at the edge of your seats, asking your monitor if I finally got the game to work.
Which I did not.
However!
I succeeded in pestering a friend to install the client and launch it, this one has zone alarm aswell, and the game works. S
adly I cannot seem to make him surrender his computer and all related objects to my ownership. I should learn kung fu sometimes, atleast I could look fancy when I run away ^_^
Ah well, he gotta sleep sometimes.

Now some might say, that just because it works on one machine with zone alarm, does not mean it should with mine, however I shall refuse to listen.

Carnage
31-05-07, 09:02
Models.tmp you say, where is this file supposed to be located?
I searched through my Neocron2 folder, no such file.

Than you get stuck, before the precaching starts, so no models.tmp will be created, but thats not the failure.
Have you tried to ping the serverip ?

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 09:19
Have not tried that, what is the ip? 62.140.29.50?
If it is, then it works.

nobby
31-05-07, 10:32
stuck at loading screen eh ?

I've not read the thread fully but I'll try and help.
I had this problem back in NC1's time and I seemed to be the 1st person to suss out the fix for it.

have the game in windowed mode, then when the crashed loading screen comes up, open up talk manager and look at what crap you're running in the background, end each unneeded task, 1 by 1 until the game starts.
I've found that normally when this happens, you could have a conflicting proggy in the background not liking neocron.
so give that a try and tell me if you get working :p

silent000
31-05-07, 12:46
You better get this client working i like this kid alot :p

My computer gets stuck at the epilepsy screen a hella lot of times but a simple fix for me is a quick shut down and then boot the stupid thing back up, works everytime for me......

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 14:29
Thanks for your replies nobby and silent000, nice to know that a lot of people really do care about other people in regards to this game (but then again, it's me we're talking about, who wouldn't want to care about magnificent me?).

Yes, I am stuck at the loading screen, it's like some game with the difficulty pretty high, and I am like "SEND IN THE TROOPSES", but they all went afk.
So I am stuck, and my feeble efforts to beat this most formidable foe on my own has failed. Now however, together with all of you, my dear valient knights, together we shall make fall this abhorrent beast, once again there shall light in the valleys beyond.

I did not follow the exact method you descriped nobby, I had previously, and again just now, tried to close every process not needed for my system to run. Sadly, the problem still persists.

And as for rebooting, I've tried that quite a lot of times, the only positive thing that seems to yield is the chance to view my extraordinarily beautiful logon screen (you know, where you gotta type your user password to log into windows).

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 18:13
Yet again, I catch you all at the edges of your seats, and you are demanding that your moniter immediately answers your questions, which are ones like "what did you do?", "did you perhaps try to sing to your computer", "no no, u told it sweet things while it tried to load neocron2" or "did you succesfully negotiate with the monster?"

Non of the above my comrades, infact, the issue has been solved!
Rejoice I tell you, let the celebrations be heard for miles aorund.
The sweet taste of victory, how I do cherish it, if only it was liquid like milk, then I would bathe in it.

I shall stop tormenting you all, you are undoubtly dying to know how it was solved.
Let me tell you did, it was not easy, a lot had to fall the clucthes of the beast, but comrades! we did it in the end, we really did it.

The desk of help send me a pretty mail (I especially liked all the frilly attacthments, nice touch that), and after much amusement I decided to read it too.
This one claimed that a proccess was interferring with neocron, and that I should try to close them one by one.
This is exactly what nobby suggested, and I already tried closing all proccess not needed for windows to run, infact, I went as far and try to close some of those odd svchost.exe, but that only mad my system go all "THE HELL?!" and "BY THE LIGHT, u crazy little...you...look what you've done now", and it forced a reboot.
Now, since I am sticking to this subject, u have prolly guessed there most be something to it, and indeed there is.
You see, since I did not know what the cause was, i decided it was worth a second try (actually, it would be around a third or fourth).
Proccess were being ended without any fair warning (give them too much time, and they will present a united front, while it can, in theory, be broken, it is not something i am much inclinded to try).
So, here I was, with proccess dying all around me, while i am going "sorry, I didn't want to do it" (i really didn't), and "please understand, I have to, I really have to" (I did, didn't I?).
It did not take long and i was back with the few proccess needed for windows to run, but seeing neocron still not running, I decided to take it a little further.
Yes, I wrote my will:
In the event of my most unfortunate death:
I ask my cat be fed.
I would like to cremated.
I would much enjoy if, at my funeral, everyone would wear silly hats.
And I would like to be burried with my piece of the cake (HA! as if I would ever surreneder that).

With this matter out of the way, I felt it was time (after speaking a few prayers to destiny) to push my luck.
Hitting the End Proccess button for proccess like csrss.exe, lsass.exe and smss.exe only got me the "You cannot do that you silly bear, this is a critical proccess...kids, tch", let it be noted, that I do not much like to be insulted by automated messages.
Feeling that I was not done yet (neocron2 was still not running), I grabbed my googles, there HAD to be some process I could close.
What did I spot back in the corner of task manager? Explorer.exe
I couldn't close that, it's needed...for stuff.
However, there was no going back, I put on my safety belt and ended it, yes, you heard me, I ended it.
Ready by the handly, to infalte my safty vest, I watched as stuff happened, first thing I noticed what the disappearance of the task bar (you now, the thingy at the bottom of the screen, with the start button...it is called task bar, right?), and much to my amazement, neocron2 loaded.
At long last, I was finally at the stage where I could enter username and password.
However, the joy was shortlived.
There were enemies in my ranks, spies in halls, yes, it was grim.
I called a meeting with leaders of the system, and after some tea and shortcake, we sat down to formulate a plan.
The plan was simply astounding, layers upon layers of plot and maneuvers, victory was but certain.
However, the best of plans only lasts till the battle begins, however I shall not go into the details.
Suffice to say, it ended with the imprisonment of explorer.exe, it is currenlt located in a top secret, and heavily defendable location, breakout or rescue is not possible.
Now though, I had another problem, while explorer.exe was indeed corrupt and involved in who knows that diabolical plots, it had performed some of it duties (I much missed my task bar).
Again we went to the planning table, and we came up with a sneakish plot to infiltrate a nearby operation system, one compatible with our own, and loot their explorer.exe.
With a small bribe of a cola, we persuaded the guard on duty to go elsewhere, and did our task splendidly, if I may say so myself.
Returning with the bounty, it was a small matter to install our new explorer.exe into the vacant position of manager of task bar...and stuff.
Having seen to the new manager being comfortably in place, we proceeded to once again atempt to launch neocron2, and with great success.

The war has been won my dear comrades, you all came from close and far, with different battleplans, but all of you were indeed brave and courageous.
Most battle during this long struggle has been lost, but victory is ours. Ours.

Thanks to all the troops and personel, but for most I feel these following deserve additional thanks:
a4nic8er
Napalm82
Carnage
nobby
silent000
And finally, the desk of help.

Also, let history know, nobby was the master stragetist in this battle, while the desk of help produced the small battleplan, nobby was the first on to spot the weakness in the enemy lines.

Comrades, I salute thee \o

silent000
31-05-07, 18:24
You gota tell me your character names dude you make me crack up and i will help you out with mostly anything you need ;)

Napalm82
31-05-07, 19:09
God i love reading your posts, some great imagination and humour in em :lol:

So the problem was a corrupt windows? I'm very pleased that it was sorted out and now i REALLY hope you enjoy the game (Would be a shame going through all that and you dont like the game)

As Silent said, if you post your char names here we can get in contact with you in-game and possibly help you out.

- Napalm

Matanius
31-05-07, 21:44
Simply fantastic! I was on the edge of my seat through the entire saga! As my fine fellows above say, post your character name(s) and I think we will ALL help you out with anything you need. We need more posts/people like this!

nobby
31-05-07, 22:18
Also, let history know, nobby was the master stragetist in this battle, while the desk of help produced the small battleplan, nobby was the first on to spot the weakness in the enemy lines.

Comrades, I salute thee \o

I feel... sooo... Touched :p

Thankyou sir !
A first in which nobby has ever been the master stragetist of a battle... *sniffle*

Kanzaki Iejir
31-05-07, 23:03
Gather around my glorious knights.

I currently play as Ixin Miirik on terra (the Eng server). Currently amusing myself with drones, rifles or drones was my dilemma, but the drones won out, since I then hope to avoid getting shot/stabbed/kicked.
Like this once, I got hit by a table, I was just walking about, minding my own business and the table jumped me.
What ensued was a most climactic close combat battle, sadly due to my lack of any form of physical strength, I ended up losing. The loss was not great, I did manage to break one of my foe's legs.
Since then though, I have avoided getting into situations where I might experience bodily harm, besides, I do not think bruises look pretty and I do not much want a scar myself, though they can be sorta alluring if positioned correctly, no?

I am loathe to admit, but it seems the network of spies on my system is far greater than anticipated.
Whenever I try to bring in a new explorer.exe to take over, "they" quickly get hold of my subject, and swiftly corrupt him.
Though, if I make him take a stroll, and then load neocron2 while his attention is directed elsewhere, then it works, after it's running, I can then let him resume his post.
There is the old saying, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer", while I do not agree completely (I like my privacy, and i do not much like when people peek while I am not paying attention), however, I shall let this slide...for now.
Now that I know where the spy, or atleast a spy, is, I can feed them whatever information I want, like, I do not like shortcakes, so trying to poison me through that, will not work. I of course rather like these tasty little things, but they do not know that, clever, yes?
Besides, keeping an eye on the troublemaker, might lead me to discover the identities of the malicious members of this most capable organization, possibly even ferret out the ring leaders. Should this happen, it would be an easy task to sweep in and make these soulless minions of orthodoxy pay for troubling me.
Ah yes, vengence shall be sweet.
For now though, i shall do nothing and see what happens.
Sooner or later they will make a mistake, of course I could too, but I am awsome, so that is not likely to happen.
Another question I shall present to you, my fair champions:
Is it possible to increase the resolution for windowed mode?

The following is not based on any facts or suspicion, just a friendly request:
Please do not stalk me :|

While it would flater me, it does make me feel uneasy, so I'd prefer if any who might have such thoughts, could refrain themselves.
If not, then please be considerate.
Don't think I am generalizing all stalkers to be the same, there are some who are sweeter than others, but still, my parents tends to get upset easily (like, there is this forest closeby (some km away), and I would like to go there at night (to see the stars and experience the forest at night, but my parents say I no can do...and they do pay my allowance. My brother took me once, which proved to be a pretty bad idea.).

Oh, almost forgot, when you have you fancy drone and don't wanna drone around anymore, like if you want to run away from all the scary thingies coming your way, is the only way to do so, to press escape and then go pick up the drone from the ground?
No way to make it return to inventory? No that there has to be, I'd just feel pretty silly if I do it the other way, while there is an easier way.

unreal
31-05-07, 23:08
Nope that's the only way, but fortunately drones are cheaply replacable, so it won't often matter if you lose a drone (excluding Punishers ('rare' raygun AoE drones) which probably still cost a fair bit). It's often good practice to press escape once just after you launch your drone, so you only need to press escape once again to drop it when you're in a hurry. You never know, the extra milliseconds it takes to press escape twice to drop your drone might aid in the survival of an attack. ;)

PS. Welcome to Neocron and I hope you enjoy it. :)