PDA

View Full Version : [THN] Rares DB news

Brammers
29-05-07, 13:30
Coding for the THN Rares DB version 2.0.0 is in progress at the moment. There is no ETA for the release, but it is expected to be around early July.

One of the features the Rares DB has, is allowing importing of old data from the Tricin.net Rares DB which closed down in May 2005. The owner of the Tricin.net Rares DB (Who I apologise for forgetting his name.) was kind enough to give a copy of the database (With personal data removed) to the THN so users could convert their old data to be used with the THN Rares DB.

For the Rares DB 2.0.0 release support for importing data from the Tricin data will be dropped, and will no longer be supported. The main reason for dropping the support is the import tool hasn't been used since August 2005.

You are welcome to discuss the new features planned of the Rares DB in this thread on the THN (http://forum.techhaven.org/viewtopic.php?t=2752), or here if you prefer.

Brammers - THN - http://www.techhaven.org

VegaH
10-08-07, 18:46
Hé Brammers,

Nothing to do with the topic but I want to tell you that your missing an item in the item database.......my Babesuit! hehe

If you want a screenshot and add it to database sometimes tell me :)

Brammers
10-08-07, 21:07
Hé Brammers,

Nothing to do with the topic but I want to tell you that your missing an item in the item database.......my Babesuit! hehe

Lol - if you like one of the most rare items in the game to be on the Item DB, please feel free to send me a screenshot. (brammers at techhaven dot org)

Vampire222
10-08-07, 21:37
mining tools > babesuit...

Brammers
10-08-07, 22:01
mining tools > babesuit...

You got one?

aKe`cj
10-08-07, 23:45
You got one?

certainly not.. mining tools were removed from the game ;)

Brammers
12-08-07, 13:46
Hé Brammers,

Thanks for the screenshot - http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/2154.html

VegaH
13-08-07, 14:52
Hehe nice one :)

Thanx! ;)

Brammers
20-09-07, 23:30
Now slightly back on topic! :D

On Saturday 22nd September at 11:00BST the Rares DB will be upgraded to version 2.0.0. The upgrade is expected to take 2 hours to complete.

This version has several new features and considerable changes over the current version. Some of the new features are:-

- A new rares editor
- Rares comparison
- Part searching
- Integration with the THN items DB
- And a lot more...

As the new version of the rares DB is using PHP5 code, the IP of the rares.techhaven.org website will change slightly. Depending on your ISP, it may take a short while before the new site is accessible.

A full set of release notes will be released on the THN after the upgrade.

The Mysterious
21-09-07, 20:54
Can you possibly help me set up a site with such features like seen in your site? registry, forum, etc. and stuff? :(

Brammers
21-09-07, 21:26
The help I can give you or anyone, is sharing the Tech Haven Network's and Prophecy's Network experence on running fansites.

Parts of both websites are off the shelf packages like PhpBB (For the forums) and Joomla (For the CMS) the rest, such as the Rares DB and Item DB are coded from scratch.

If you never setup or run a site before, the best way to learn is to get your hands dirty and try it. Start small, and think of what you want to put on your site.

Also can I sugguest you start a new thread if you want to talk more about this, and maybe give this thread a read - http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140641

StevenJ
21-09-07, 23:38
Can you possibly help me set up a site with such features like seen in your site? registry, forum, etc. and stuff? :(
Do one thing, and do it well. Perhaps look at what isn't provided for, say a listing of NPCs for epic run kills or the WoC missions, and rather than the sectors, perhaps take a screenie of the sector map to publish. Get that done, or something else - this is just an example after all - and learn from putting that together. Once you have that sorted, start to grow :)

The best way is to simply start, and you'll learn from there :)

Update: And I'm sorry for invading, I only just saw what this thread topic was for, I'm too used to clicking the latest post icon ;)

The Mysterious
22-09-07, 00:00
Thanks, please continue with the THN news. ;)

Vokus
18-10-07, 08:41
Plz look at the TL108 E-Parts !!

I dont think, that all off the TL-108 rares are E-Parts.
Can a resser plz check it?

I have perhaps 1000 ugs, and the number of different T-Parts is higher then all t-Parts at the rare-db.

I ressed a ray of last hope part, and i think(99%) it was a t-part not a e-part.

Can anyone help here, plz ? i have none resser left atm :-(

Brammers
18-10-07, 11:09
I have perhaps 1000 ugs, and the number of different T-Parts is higher then all t-Parts at the rare-db.

I'll keep an eye on the next batch of parts I ress.

How many different unressed T parts do you have, and does this collection include any from before NC2.2?

The rares DB uses the following TL ranges to decide whether it's an L,T,E

0-90 - L part
91-107 - T Part
108+ E Part

Vokus
18-10-07, 13:35
How many different unressed T parts do you have, and does this collection include any from before NC2.2?

im not at home atm, but i just start the 7th cup. and in your list only 178 t- parts (less then 6 cups). i try to put them all together again, that there are no dubble stacks.
All parts from after evo2.2.

The rares DB uses the following TL ranges to decide whether it's an L,T,E
0-90 - L part
91-107 - T Part
108+ E Part

I think only one or some TL108 E-parts, are T-parts. I´ll take a look too, when i´m was finding a resser :-)

Vokus
18-10-07, 20:31
Ok, i put all t-part on the other t-Parts...
One cup i forgot to check before, but

Now i have 196 different t-Parts (near 6 cups full). Only 178 i think are in your db.

that means, there are perhabs 3(x6 parts) Weapon under e-parts carthegory, which are t-parts.

let us check it, at next time ressing the parts..

Brammers
18-10-07, 20:36
Cups? I've been confused about that all day, but the penny has dropped, you mean cabs or cabinets!

Ok I'll see what I can dig around and find out whats wrong. One posibility is the TL in the Items DB may be wrong.

Vokus
18-10-07, 21:07
cabs.. sure cabinets... / cubs cuboards with b not p ^^

There are many Cops (Copbots) just in my head :-) From the new run....

Vokus
20-10-07, 12:53
finding 3 more t-parts....

perhaps tl108 are completly t-parts ?...

Vokus
25-10-07, 09:27
ATP of Ray of Last Hope is a T-part, just researched
ATP of Devourer, T- part
Tech of Devourer, T-part
Tech of Ray of Last Hope, T-part
Frame of Holy Exorcist, T-part
Comp of Devourer, T- Part
Core & Tech of Zsunsun, T- Parts
Comp of Holy Firestorm, T-Part

.. OK plz change all TL-108 weapons from e-parts to t-parts.
If i´ll find a TL-108 e-part weapon, i´ll let you know it.

:angel:

Hull Holy Absortion... T-part

Brammers
25-10-07, 10:59
Ok thanks for that, I've changed the part ranges to as follows.

0-90 - L part
91-108 - T Part
109+ E Part

/me is glad he put those values in a DB table