PDA

View Full Version : A cry for help : [ Save PvE and PvP! ]

Necpock
29-05-07, 13:16
Hello to all.
As most of you have recently noticed, you don't even need to leave Neocron to cap a droner, get woc XP, lom out and then start PvP.

I've been around the wastes searching for someone to find to PvP or even PvE with.

First of, PvE nowadays isn't worth people's hassle. They get shot more, they die more and they get fed up more. Hence droners in PP1 TSU HQ. PvE and leveling has become more of a chore then anything else.

PvP is only ever done in PP sectors and OPs. OP's aren't too bad but zoneline fighting is what I really detest.

Basicly, I have a list of things that, if changed, might help the current PvP/PvE crisis we are all currently enduring.

- Give a limit to enemy NPC's/Monsters that can be hit with any one AoE shot (or atleast drones)

- Decrease money reward for killing grouped NPC's/Monsters

- Fix bug/droprate of techs in Ceres Experimental and Prototype mobs where they drop a tech in every single one you kill and hack
(The recent droprate has killed the economy)

- Increase tech drop/money to mobs found outside in the wastelands
(I.E. Warbots)

- Give the Ceres mobs ravager type weapons to make it harder down Ceres. Then increase XP given down Ceres.

- Get rid of 2.2 mob armour and your excuse "We try and make PvE more enjoyable and tactical" Because frankly, its not ;)

Additional thoughts/ideas:

- Add missions for wasteland mobs for Rewards / XP / Money
(E.g. Kill 20 Warbots for Reza! (or something roleplay orientated))

- More PvE orientated events. (Ok so if KK and GM's don't have time for this, I'm sure there are people in the community that do have time for this, to organise events like this for the whole community to enjoy, so give people the rights to do so!)

- Fix the trader NPC's item prices (decrease them in order of "most used" and "least used")

This isn't a rant. This is a very realistic way to make people go outside from PP1 / TSU HQ / Ceres and make PvE worth something outside these areas.

These points are changes that numerous people I have spoken to, want. They also want PvE not to be only a droner's world.

I hope someone else looks at this and agrees with me. I also hope that something is done about these issues.

SorkZmok
29-05-07, 13:20
I completely agree on the issue with grouped mobs in caves and techparts. They just should not drop any. Techparts should be rather rare. And only be found in mobs that roam the wastelands. Like warbots and firemobs and such.

But heh, there's MILLIONS of new techparts going around now. I don't even want to know the exact numbers. Rares just aren't rare anymore. People are selling parts in batches of 100+. The economy is dead now. :(

/edit
And on drones, KK should finally try to fix drones so you couldn't exploit those so damn easily instead of making it damn near impossible to level with drones when you actually NOT exploit. o_O

Bredahl
29-05-07, 13:26
Please give people a reason to be out in the wastes.. i miss running into other people outside the citys :(

Tickles
29-05-07, 13:38
Erase safezones apart from apartments? :angel:

Brammers
29-05-07, 13:41
But heh, there's MILLIONS of new techparts going around now. I don't even want to know the exact numbers. Rares just aren't rare anymore. People are selling parts in batches of 100+. The economy is dead now. :(

I've put a SQL script on the THN rares DB to allow stats to be done in a future release of the Rares DB.

For Terra, on the 4th April there was 134,736 parts logged in the Rares DB.
Today there is 170,800 parts logged in the Rares DB.

Putting some of the new weapons in the pool was ok with me, but putting the old rare implants back in a pool was a bit of a mistake. I'm just glad they didn't put the gloves back in the rare pool as well.

DIABLO666
29-05-07, 13:41
i think these ideas might actually work but nothing will get dun as KK dont listen to us, hell we only play this game what do we know

Necpock
29-05-07, 13:51
For Terra, on the 4th April there was 134,736 parts logged in the Rares DB.
Today there is 170,800 parts logged in the Rares DB.

Thats alot of techs Brammers. But thats also not including the unressed techs that people are trying to sell to researchers. Now over time, because there are just so many, due to drope rate and tech parts in the pool now, people have ran out of money to buy techs from people.

So now the situation is that people won't give these unressed techs away, nor will they research them. Something needs to be done extremely fast before people get bored.

SorkZmok
29-05-07, 14:04
Thats alot of techs Brammers. But thats also not including the unressed techs that people are trying to sell to researchers. Now over time, because there are just so many, due to drope rate and tech parts in the pool now, people have ran out of money to buy techs from people.

So now the situation is that people won't give these unressed techs away, nor will they research them. Something needs to be done extremely fast before people get bored.
Yeah, that's what i'm thinking too. I could res parts all day long, but for what? I got pretty much all i need and unidentified rares just won't sell anymore.

This really sucks because i used to hunt and sell rareparts to fund my pvp habbit. Now i'm fucked and need to waste a fuckload more time to earn any money.

But i really would love to see statistics on the rarepart DB. Even just to see if all parts got the same droprates. There's always been parts that have been harder to get than others. At least it looked like it. :)

Necpock
29-05-07, 14:24
So right now, there will be 4 obvious positive outcomes if the changes were made in my first post.

1) Techs can be more controlled
2) Money will be put back into the economy
3) People would benefit more from hunting in the wastes then they currently are
4) Where there's people, theres PvP

Brammers
29-05-07, 15:08
But i really would love to see statistics on the rarepart DB. Even just to see if all parts got the same droprates. There's always been parts that have been harder to get than others. At least it looked like it. :)

OT: That should make it for the 2.1 release. (2.0 release is in development) - have a look at http://forum.techhaven.org/viewtopic.php?t=2752

But I know some parts are more rare, and some just drop all the time - like Phoenix has 12 hull's to a Marines, and not a complete one. :confused:

Necpock - I'm not sure I agree your sugguestions, the one problem I got with your post is figuring out what the problems are. To me the bottom line looks like the lack of population to PvP with or the issues with PvE being hard...

...let me find some more Coffee.

Necpock
29-05-07, 15:33
Necpock - I'm not sure I agree your sugguestions, the one problem I got with your post is figuring out what the problems are. To me the bottom line looks like the lack of population to PvP with or the issues with PvE being hard...

I'm full of mixed emotions when I hear PvE and PvP nowadays.
Basicaly:

1) I would like to see alternatives to droners being the number one way of leveling.

That would mean giving people a reason why NOT to become a droner

I also want to see a good reason why you should level outside/tech hunt outside.

- Give a limit to enemy NPC's/Monsters that can be hit with any one AoE shot (or atleast drones)

- Decrease money reward for killing grouped NPC's/Monsters

(I.E. Warbots)

- Give the Ceres mobs ravager type weapons to make it harder down Ceres. Then increase XP given down Ceres.

- Get rid of 2.2 mob armour and your excuse "We try and make PvE more enjoyable and tactical" Because frankly, its not ;)

I was watching Help chat earlier, and a new player asked "What character should I make" and about 3 or 4 people answered "Droner". (For example)

2) I want the current economy to stabalise quickly. People are finding it hard to get money because you get more Xp and the mobs are harder to actually kill. So no money rewards.

- Fix bug/droprate of techs in Ceres Experimental and Prototype mobs where they drop a tech in every single one you kill and hack
(The recent droprate has killed the economy)

(I.E. Warbots)

3) Alternative to zoneline PvP and clipping.
I also would like to see competition for good outdoor leveling/rare hunting spots

I want to see the community again, all leveling and working together.
There isn't alot to change to see it happen.

Yes, lack of population isn't making the situation easier, but if you give new players the boost they need to get through the levels, then I think that it should be done. At the same time, the points in my first post will help both new and old players.

braydagner
29-05-07, 16:45
Okay, sorry. I read the title and saw the author and I had to laugh. A GR Camper complaining about PvP... lawl

ashley watts
29-05-07, 17:48
Hello to all.
As most of you have recently noticed, you don't even need to leave Neocron to cap a droner, get woc XP, lom out and then start PvP.Yep

I've been around the wastes searching for someone to find to PvP or even PvE with.

First of, PvE nowadays isn't worth people's hassle. They get shot more, they die more and they get fed up more. Hence droners in PP1 TSU HQ. PvE and leveling has become more of a chore then anything else.Yep again :)

PvP is only ever done in PP sectors and OPs. OP's aren't too bad but zoneline fighting is what I really detest.Same here, but population limits lots of pvp i think

Basicly, I have a list of things that, if changed, might help the current PvP/PvE crisis we are all currently enduring.

- Give a limit to enemy NPC's/Monsters that can be hit with any one AoE shot (or atleast drones)Don't really agree, limits AOE tanks then, but drones should have a smaller radius then Cannons perhaps ?

- Decrease money reward for killing grouped NPC's/MonstersDon't agree, decrease tech drops defo, money is ok (makes starting the game easier for noobs)

(The recent droprate has killed the economy)Totally agree :)

(I.E. Warbots)Again, Agree

- Give the Ceres mobs ravager type weapons to make it harder down Ceres. Then increase XP given down Ceres.Sounds good, gives farming woc disks a little more of a challenge then you gotta be carefull that a TL 124 mob wielding a ravager weapon wouldent be to insane damage :p

- Get rid of 2.2 mob armour and your excuse "We try and make PvE more enjoyable and tactical" Because frankly, its not ;)Havn't really had any trouble with this one, just general mob damage and HP

Additional thoughts/ideas:

(E.g. Kill 20 Warbots for Reza! (or something roleplay orientated))Would certanly add more fun and roleplay orientated views of the game, sounds good

- More PvE orientated events. (Ok so if KK and GM's don't have time for this, I'm sure there are people in the community that do have time for this, to organise events like this for the whole community to enjoy, so give people the rights to do so!)Just be carefull how many rights :p

- Fix the trader NPC's item prices (decrease them in order of "most used" and "least used")

This isn't a rant. This is a very realistic way to make people go outside from PP1 / TSU HQ / Ceres and make PvE worth something outside these areas.

These points are changes that numerous people I have spoken to, want. They also want PvE not to be only a droner's world.

I hope someone else looks at this and agrees with me. I also hope that something is done about these issues.

..And me to :)

ashley watts
29-05-07, 17:51
A GR Camper complaining about PvP... lawl

Yep, probobly the cause of not wanting to pvp at PP1, i think id rather camp some GR then fight at PP1, Its awfull :(, thus him creating the thread ^^

Doc Holliday
30-05-07, 00:53
Okay, sorry. I read the title and saw the author and I had to laugh. A GR Camper complaining about PvP... lawl

Yeah. the person who snipes people who come out of regants legacy fully loaded with stuff but when they have a go at fighting (and admittedly get killed. im not shy of admitting it lol) back the person runs off in stealth.

Yeah. u must be that bored u wanna annoy other people or talk shit on ooc alot.

Dogface
30-05-07, 10:58

Sums up the reason for my subscription..

netster
30-05-07, 13:47
complaining about economy? 50k/tech on trade is a pretty much normal price since.. wait, even in my very first days in nc. everyone paid 50k/tech. i dont see any point in lowering the techdrop, since alot of stuff gone into the techpool. even if you say, the drop of techs will be splitted up into regions ... say ... WB's do drop techs of hc rares,etc,etc... OR por mobs drop e-techs,etc,etc, i would like it. even runs to get a rare holy absorption alike the woc rifles run.. COOL with that!

but just say 1/2 the droprates of techs.. THAT will fuck the dropsystem _again_ ....

... and you will end up crying ressing the 25'th Core Wyatt Earp. And you will stop hunting for techs.

SorkZmok
30-05-07, 14:12
I hardly doubt anyone still pays 50k a part. Have you seen the amounts people are trying to sell lately?

And i said "trying". Because i don't think anyone is ever gonna buy 100 parts for 5 mil NC.

It just seems as if they still go for about 50k a piece. :rolleyes:

Bozz-Von Mel
30-05-07, 15:43
I hardly doubt anyone still pays 50k a part. Have you seen the amounts people are trying to sell lately?

And i said "trying". Because i don't think anyone is ever gonna buy 100 parts for 5 mil NC.

There are people who buy 100 parts at a time. Done it numerous times, usually through private transactions and "deals" with other runners. I just don't spam trade and to be honest its too easy to get parts myself that I have no need to buy. 50k has been the traditional rate per part, but I see it going down.

Yeah reduce the drop rate and your 5 slot rares will start costing you around 30-40 mil. My cabinets are full of rares waiting for that day. ;)

netster
30-05-07, 15:57
i am not buying techs myself atm, but i even thought of buying unressed techs in a big bucket one day. alot ppls selling techs in different amount these days. yesterday even someone sold em for 35k/tech.

... its a small group of buyers for 100+techs on one deal. but even this small group will not die out.

Kierz
30-05-07, 16:16
i dont get why everyones bitching about everyone lvling droners in pp1 ts hq.. it's basicly just replaced everyone lvling monks in crp..

William Antrim
05-06-07, 11:31
Yeah. the person who snipes people who come out of regants legacy fully loaded with stuff but when they have a go at fighting (and admittedly get killed. im not shy of admitting it lol) back the person runs off in stealth.

Hitting stealth as soon as he takes a hit back from said person too.

Yup this guy is a hardcore pvper. :rolleyes:

silent000
05-06-07, 12:40
Hitting stealth as soon as he takes a hit back from said person too.

Yup this guy is a hardcore pvper. :rolleyes:

Why did you have to bump an old thread just for a personal attack on some1 O_o and btw necpock is a sniper so basically getting seen then stealthign away to get distance isnt such a bad idea.....

ashley watts
05-06-07, 19:33
Antrim has a habit of verbally attacking people :p, but isnt that the point of a sniper, if your hit your not going to try PvP with a sniper o_0 ?

Necpock
09-06-07, 00:39
Meh its cool. Maybe some are just jeleous. Or maybe people try and defend overpowered classes and criticise underpowered classes as being "stealthwhores" or "zonewhores".

P.s. What's ingame should stay ingame and shouldn't come on the forums.

Apocalypsox
09-06-07, 01:30

i sell mine for 50k...no less unless im getting a discount on a item trade. Ressi seems to buy from me alot, same with alot of the other main traders.

Nullvoid
09-06-07, 15:24
Ressi has an insane amount of money at her disposal though so she hardly makes a normal case :)