PDA

View Full Version : Blowing up Vehicles!!!

Dio Kahn
24-05-07, 11:16
Don't lie, you love it. When a guy sits his ride in front of Regant Legacy how can KK tell me that is "fair" that its indestructable? They made a "fix" that allows the vehicle to never blow aftera certain time that the owner is not on for reasons of crashes and bugs. I dont agree that this "fix" should be in place. We all deal with the bugs. We all face getting banned for exploiting. So why doesnt KKcare if i intentionally alllow my vehicle to sit somewhere knowing that it will be OK? Seems like an exploit to me and very carebear tbh. Lets see some better PvP here and vote to change this "feaure". A GM asked to post if i wanted this changed, so PLZ say something! I want to blow up rides.

Burninghead
24-05-07, 11:36
"better PvP" ?

WTF oO ?

Do you straff and run like a mad squirel on crack when you blow up this really menacing empty vehicle ?

silent000
24-05-07, 11:44
"better PvP" ?

WTF oO ?

Do you straff and run like a mad squirel on crack when you blow up this really menacing empty vehicle ?

I lold

SorkZmok
24-05-07, 12:03
Uh, i don't get it.

What does he want? And yes, i actually tried reading that wonderful wall of text. At least it has got punctuation and all that. :rolleyes:

And lol@Burningheads post. :lol:

/edit

We all face getting banned for exploiting.
And, err, wtf is that about? It's pretty damn obvious that if you exploit, you might get banned. Otherwise it wasn't exploiting, right?
So - simply said - don't exploit. You'll find other ways to grief noobs than wrecking their cars.

William Antrim
24-05-07, 15:42
Youre so uber I wish I could blow up vehicles too.

Half the pop have quads now anyway.

ashley watts
24-05-07, 17:22
I never noticed vehcles coulden't be blown up after a set amount of time, if so Remove the feature is all gotta say , Burning heads post made me laugh XD

Napalm82
24-05-07, 17:46
Havent that "Feature" been there for ages? besides, whats the point og removing it anyway? everybody uses Quads or Revelers, sometimes i think im the only die hard Glider fan.

- Napalm

Matanius
24-05-07, 18:03
Havent that "Feature" been there for ages? besides, whats the point og removing it anyway? everybody uses Quads or Revelers, sometimes i think im the only die hard Glider fan.

- Napalm

You what?! :p

Tubby
24-05-07, 18:26
I drive anything i want, im in phoenix so it really doesn't matter to me.. ;)
You dont get anything for destroying them so theres no nee din removeing it, but in a sales point of view phoenix will be happy if they do.. :D

Jodo
24-05-07, 20:14
I never noticed vehcles coulden't be blown up after a set amount of time...

That was definately in N1 and has been around ever since to my knowledge.
As mentioned, I don't see what blowing up vehicles has to do with PvP. Unless you plan on preventing the owner from making a quick getaway, in which case, put yourself between him and his vehicle.
Camp out the vehicle by all means, hoping that the owner will come back, don't hold you breath though. Once people have got where the want to go they often just GR home when they need to leave anyway.

I vote no changes. The current system works, only griefers seem to complain about it and most importantly it doesn't cause FRE's or any other errors, so lets just leave it as it is shall we?

Also, there are far more important, entertaining, and desireable changes that could be made.

lol at Burninghead too.

Zheo
24-05-07, 21:10
Personally i hate the GR system i think it should all be above vehicles, and I think vehicles should have secruity systems by where they shoot if they get shot at. Thus killing dicks who blow up other people vehicles. Would be funny as hell to see some noob being mowed down by a rhino while trying to kill it. lol

rob444
24-05-07, 21:49
I remember using anti-vehicle rocket launcher on vehicles I found in the wastelands - not knowing who they belonged to and as far as I know they could have been a clanmates, I blew them up anyway and when that explosion sounds I run away from there fearing that it would have been an ally's vehicle. *whistles*

Doc Holliday
24-05-07, 21:56
wanting to blow up an empty vehicle sounds like grief play. if the rider is on it and u want to blow em up sure. do it. but just cause its empty lol. what a pointless waste of time.

silent000
24-05-07, 22:01
Some people like explosions :) and i will only blow up an empty vehicle if it is anything other than an epic vehicle because blowing it up is just doing the owner a favor, and we cant be having that....

Codrum
24-05-07, 22:16
The only reason I can see to remove or fix that vehicle bug is that someone could use the bug to park a vehicle on top of a dead clanmate so they cant be rezzed.

Had that happen once to me...about 6 months ago i guess...submitted a ticket, but a GM wasnt able to respond till much later so by then my clanmate just tapped out to a GR.

The GM said he had never heard of that bug before, and I have never had it happen again.

braydagner
24-05-07, 23:31
The only reason I can see to remove or fix that vehicle bug is that someone could use the bug to park a vehicle on top of a dead clanmate so they cant be rezzed.
Heard from 3 different GMs on 3 different occasions that this was okay. Yet I got a warning for doing it before... I think it depends on their mood that day tbh.

Serious_Sam
24-05-07, 23:35
Ok, if all vehicles are practically indestructible, then what makes the quad/reveler so special? Fix it so normal vehicles blow up. As it is now, the chances of an enemies vehicle not blowing up as they're driving away has increased.

But still, i like blowing shit up. So fix it please.

CMaster
24-05-07, 23:58
A vehicle that is being driven can be destroyed. A vehicle that has only been recentley parked can be destroyed. You can damage a vehicle down to 1% or something even if it has been abanoned for a long time, then destroy it immediatley if the owner gets on. This protection means that vehicles that have to be bought actually might get used a bit, rather than ignored even more. Leave it as is.

Serious_Sam
25-05-07, 00:14
A vehicle that is being driven can be destroyed. A vehicle that has only been recentley parked can be destroyed. You can damage a vehicle down to 1% or something even if it has been abanoned for a long time, then destroy it immediatley if the owner gets on. This protection means that vehicles that have to be bought actually might get used a bit, rather than ignored even more. Leave it as is.

Carebear :-p

Mighty Max
25-05-07, 00:28
Don't lie, you love it

Simple thing: buy/build a vehicle, spawn it blow it up, if you think that the act of blowing itself is fun. But i have a wild guess, the act of vandalism against a player (not the char owning the vehicle, who you often don't even know) is the actual "fun" creating thing.

I would suggest to have some real fun ingame.
Vehicles are very destroyable when the owner is around for driving/defending the vehicle. This might *shocked* result in a fun fight against the owner.

If he isn't there is no point in destroying the vehicle, as it is either there and the owner waiting for it to despawn, or with an crashed owner. Both situations the player can't do anything about it. Hell you often don't even know if the vehicle is left there from your enemy or your clanmate.

Apocalypsox
25-05-07, 07:18
I Dont second this motion. My gliders blow themselves up plenty thankyou.

And i really only disagree with this because not all of us "face getting banned for exploiting" thankyou. FAIL.

Selket
25-05-07, 08:20
i like to destroy VHC

remember a Canyon attack with gliders (with the bombs) where we chased rhinos....was big fun.

and when i see a quad or a 4x4 i dont blow it up cause the enemy can spawn it easy again after that.

i also like GR camping so call me a lame whatever :D

Carnage
25-05-07, 09:07
Lets see some better PvP here and vote to change this "feaure". A GM asked to post if i wanted this changed, so PLZ say something! I want to blow up rides.

Its not a bug, its a feature and it will stay like it is.
It has nothing todo with PvP when you blow up a parked vehicle.
PvP means player vs player.

~close~