PDA

View Full Version : So I just got a formal warning for SL exploiting

Tickles
23-05-07, 23:46
To start off, for the Mods I'm not going to discuss the actual exploit, I'm just going to explain why I did it. I'm not going to indicate how it's done and so therefore I hope will not cause this thread to be closed before it's even started.

Right so I just got caught with a couple friends exploiting to get our SL up from a negative level. The reason why? Because my friends had killed an ally or two, something I have done on many occasions. Why? I'll explain further on.

A long time ago KK promised that clan wars would be introduced so that two clans of any factions could fight each other without the worry of repercussions. This was only half implemented. Clans CAN declare war, and if accepted by the other clan then under a list on the citycom they are "officially" at war. BUT THIS MEANS AND DOES NOTHING.

Since Neocron 2, there are now only two sides in this game and so you're only meant to kill members of the opposing city. But what happens when a clan who is an allied faction, or hell, in the same faction as you, decides to kos your clan. This has happened since the game started. Disagreements break out between certain individuals, which leads to conflict, and if unresolved, to clans at war. The changes that KK were supposed to make, was to allow this inter-alliance warring to happen. Why? Because it's more fun having an enemy in the same city as you. That's why the NC1 faction system was so much more fun. Now its polarised. A lot of people don't want that, and that's why they fight "allies."

Fighting allies leads to SL loss in anywhere except warzones. SL loss means your belt is easily accessible and your safe slot gone, leaving you open for your most prized possession to be lost.

The SL system is a shambles. A noob character can run into the middle of the fighting in PP1, as i have seen a couple times, and completely destroy the SL of any Pro-NC character who may accidentally hit him. Why not change it so you cannot lose or gain sympathy or SL from killing a character who is 40-60 ranks below you?

You could be running in a non-safezone and be attacked by an ally. You can either run or fight. Why do you HAVE to run away if you want to save your precious SL? Because that is how it is at the moment. Why not change it so you can be able to fight back, and if win, NOT have ANY repercussions.

What happens when a clan occupies too much of the outposts on the map and an allied clan decides enough is enough and decides to try and take one of these OPs. The two clans fight a battle and after it is over, war is "officially" declared. But why would anyone bother with the current system? So why not change it so clans at war actually are at war and are not penalised for the actions of that war.

Why have SL at all? I know there have been many threads saying it should go or be changed so i'm just going to say it again and propose something more.

People want to be able to fight. If there is no enemies about, then why not make someone an enemy? The population of this game is so drastically low that it is often hard to find a fight. If KK insist on having the Alliance vs Alliance war then why not make it easier to squabble in your alliance. Surely it is more fun for PvP'ers.

What I would like to see is not only the Clan war system finally finished SOON after the what.. 2-3 yrs that its been sitting on the back burner, and also a Personal Vendetta system added. This system would be just like adding someone to your team except in the citycom. You declare a vendetta on an ally and if they accept then there are no repercussions from killing each other in ANY zone. No SL is lost.

It seems KK is insisting on having a SL system so why not introduce this. Anyone who you have not declared vendetta on, or have but have not accepted, you cannot then kill( in a non-warzone) without SL loss. Any clan that your clan has declared war on and has accepted, can then kill you or be killed without an repercussions.

Change it so SL cannot be gained (OR LOST) from killing any runner under 45 ranks than you. It can also not be gained or lost from killing any NPC. SL can only be gained through missions, or if it is currently negative, can also be gained from just being online.

This means that if you kill an ally of a similar rank than you, who is not in a clan that your clan is at war with, or that you have a vendetta with, then you lose SL and you PAY for it because there is no easy way to get it back anymore.

This means people can have MORE fun, something that is important to keep people paying, no? They don't need to worry about losing SL, safeslot, items, faction symp etc. However it does properly, what I believe what the SL system was meant for, actually PUNISHES random ally pkers. You may not have to consent to combat but if you don't and they still kill you, then yes you still die, but they lose A LOT of SL. This then acts as a deterrent from killing you again.

Conceivably the problem would be PPU's. An faction allied PPU who is not in enemy clan could then rez this person without worrying about you attacking him and so losing SL/symp if he dies. However this is only really going to be the matter in PP1 but then why do you have to prevent the PPU from rezing in this situation? Surely letting him be rezzed allows you to continue to fight and therefore to have fun. You already have the satisfaction of beating the person killed. Let them try again.

I SL exploit because it is a fast way to regain SL. I need to regain SL because I am in a clan that is at war with an allied clan and therefore when there is no one of the enemy alliance around, I like to fight them for FUN. As the system is set so that I lose SL and sympathy from killing this ally, and because I of course don't want to be walking around with no safeslot, I will SL exploit to regain that SL as it is the only practical way of getting it back without leaving my laptop to overheat and break while i try to raise the SL again through just sitting in TH, or perhaps by doing extremely boring missions. I KNOW its against the rules, I HAVE been caught, but I do it anyway and will continue to until the system is changed.

Perhaps you say, JUST DON'T ALLY KILL. Well I for one don't on a general basis. I'll never attack an ally without being attacked first on this or a previous occasion, even if my clan is supposed to be at war with them. However for many people more enemies means more targets which means more fun which means them playing for longer and so them paying KK more. This game IS primarily about PvP, therefore this can only be beneficial to all but those who ally gank runners who don't WANT to fight (because they have a choice of declaring or accepting vendetta). These people don't WANT to fight and so therefore are not a challenge to kill and so not worth it.

Anyway, this is my proposal to probably be lost and overlooked into the fold of this forum.

Reply as you wish. If you support this idea or can revise or just plain don't like it then please say so. I'd like this thread to get enough attention for KK to actually notice it...

Lataz

Equinox/Parallax (and yes Hoder, Hot Dog is my char too)

ashley watts
23-05-07, 23:50
The soul light system is very Poor i agree, but you got clocked exploiting at the end of the day and your friends had the decision to attack the Ally in a SL losing zone in the first place and he did, thus he should pay the consequences i guess :\ *Votes* for a new Soul light system though :p, the soullight system should not be removed though, this isnt a deathmatch so there should be some penaltys for killing ally runners, just not having to sit in your apartment for days wasting the time that you payed for to play the game in the first place, or at least doing missions for hours on end :p

Tickles
23-05-07, 23:53
No they shouldn't pay any consequences, that's the whole point of my post. They attacked a clan who we are at war with. There is a system that is meant to mean they don't lose SL, but it's not complete, it's a botch job that still hasn't been fixed since the years ago when it was meant to be implemented.

If this system was in place then BOTH clans plus many other people would be A LOT happier.

silent000
23-05-07, 23:53
If you wanna kill allys you gota face the consequences, and i understand what ur saying about what if whatever KOSs your clan then ur bound to lose SL one way or another but meh just dont get caught exploiting :P

nobby
24-05-07, 00:20
I know the SL system is Cuntish

The rule of that exploit is 100% unfair atm
you should have hidden in your apartment tbh...

RogerRamjet
24-05-07, 00:49
You were exploiting.

Go deal.

Hoder
24-05-07, 00:54
What I would like to see is not only the Clan war system finally finished SOON after the what.. 2-3 yrs that its been sitting on the back burner, and also a Personal Vendetta system added. This system would be just like adding someone to your team except in the citycom. You declare a vendetta on an ally and if they accept then there are no repercussions from killing each other in ANY zone. No SL is lost.A good idea in theory. Until it is implemented in practice, you must not break the rules.

Change it so SL cannot be gained (OR LOST) from killing any runner under 45 ranks than you. It can also not be gained or lost from killing any NPC. SL can only be gained through missions, or if it is currently negative, can also be gained from just being online. Again, a good idea in principle. There should be protection from noob killing, though. If there is a way to code this (while still protecting genuinely new players), I fully support this.

I SL exploit because it is a fast way to regain SL. I need to regain SL because I am in a clan that is at war with an allied clan and therefore when there is no one of the enemy alliance around, I like to fight them for FUN. If you lost a lot of money in real life, would it be ok to steal to regain what you lost?

Rules exist for a reason and must be kept or we would have ten times more threads like this complaining that people are destroying the game by ally killing / griefing without penalty.

(and yes Hoder, Hot Dog is my char too)I noticed; I'm not stupid. It's my job to enforce the rules fairly and without prejudice. You tried to absolve yourself from blame by claiming absence from the scene of the crime, but forensics (our account database) told a different story.

Guilty as charged, m'lud.

Punishment discussion is not allowed here, but I will bring the thread to the attention of the devs as you wish.