PDA

View Full Version : [OT] wow sucks? =]

Kierz
21-05-07, 23:13
i guess this is off-topic, not really anywhere else to put this.. but anyway, i did a nice little 10 day trial of wow (only really bothered to play 5 days) and to be fair, it really really really sucks.. i never realise how much better nc is than all other mmorpgs out there.

if you care about realistic fps style fighting, there really is no alternative other than hardcore quake'ing it :p

anyway err, what clans are active now? (terra) :p i know terrarists are dead and most went to r2k

Matanius
21-05-07, 23:23
anyway err, what clans are active now? (terra) :p i know terrarists are dead and most went to r2k
Well I'm not very much into the PvP and OP scene (which I assume you are primarily asking about) however from what I see Soldierz (obviously) is very active, and so are AD as for the anti's it still seems like the ole favourites, FF and r2k however Blackmist seem to be getting there too.

As for generally active clans, we (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139686) are :p (had to do it really) all the normal ones such as DoY, SxR, etc, I honestly haven't seen many others around. But I'm probably the worst person to be telling you really :lol:

silent000
21-05-07, 23:28
I should make a clan........I would call it The Goonies and have one fat kid with the rank of Chunk and we will all sit in our clan appartment eating buscuits watching him do the truffle-shuffle.

Oh what a clan......

ashley watts
21-05-07, 23:45
WoW has to be the most Child based MMO out there atm, the graphics, gameplay, sounds are so SO bad let KK try a free trial out and look how much Neocrons potential Really is :D

Apocalypsox
21-05-07, 23:53
Well I'm not very much into the PvP and OP scene (which I assume you are primarily about) however from what I see Soldierz (obviously) is very active, and so are AD as for the anti's it still seems like the ole favourites, FF and r2k however Blackmist seem to be getting there too.

As for generally active clans, we (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139686) are :p (had to do it really) all the normal ones such as DoY, SxR, etc, I honestly haven't seen many others around. But I'm probably the worst person to be telling you really :lol:

JOIN US! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! You know we are sexy.

dark_reaper
22-05-07, 01:59
I should make a clan........I would call it The Goonies and have one fat kid with the rank of Chunk and we will all sit in our clan appartment eating buscuits watching him do the truffle-shuffle.

Oh what a clan......

I can see it now...

unreal
22-05-07, 04:00
Make a clan called WOOT (WoW For The Lose) instead. :p

SorkZmok
22-05-07, 08:43
I'm a part time r2k now. ;)

Not too many clans left fighting for ops but at least pepper park pvp is better than the old mb zoneline and there's plenty of people and small clans fighting.
And it usually goes quite well, at least until that one tangent clan shows up with a gazillion PPUs. :lol:

And WoW really sucks. It's incredibly repetitive. And there is absolutely no pvp apart from battlegrounds. Of which you can only access 2 until you hit level 50. Not to mention how stupidly unbalanced WoW is, neocron is fine comparted to the crap Blizzard are doing. Just look at the twink problem and for how long they ignored it. Though twinking can be great fun from time to time, lvl 29 orc warrior ftw. Jsut not enough fun to pay for it monthly. :)

rob444
22-05-07, 12:08
WOW ROCKS

Seriously though, it's an ok game - I can actually meet someone in the game!

Cadgar
22-05-07, 13:19
if you care about realistic fps style fighting, there really is no alternative other than hardcore quake'ing it :p

and you really had to play the trial to realize that? wow...

maybe you should play tetris for a while. maybe its a good alternative to nc, who knows

Dogface
22-05-07, 13:49
Join R2K, I'll be going over (hopefully) as soon as I get some realistic time off work and I don't feel like shit.

Don't join any of the clans asking for you, real clans don't need to ask :p

Selket
22-05-07, 18:11
Gnahhh

Comparing WOW with NC is like Comparing a little Bunny with a Heavy Machinegun. Really thats BS.

WOW is sooooooo different from NC. Setting graphics Players ALL is different only same is that you have to pay for it.

NC is a great game but WOW also i like both...ok i really suck in WOW but its still a good game.

so kids dont forget.

Neocron= Godfather of PvP
World of warcraft= Lord of the Mobs (means PVE)

CHA0S
22-05-07, 19:56
Funny how people keep moaning about Neocron in certain threads, but once someone mentions WoW they say how crap it is and how good NC is compared to it (and yes some feel different)
But what im getting at is we all flame about the game of neocron, but how i see it if it really is bad then why we here. Simple we are one self created community who are hooked on the unique gameplay and community.
I for one have tried to leave NC but yes like most i come back feeling the hunger for NC, even after treading my way thru' piles of mmog's

So in essence lets just help the dev's of this game to make it better and more balanced.

And im sure we are all had enough of the threads with the Topic inclusive of "Neocron sucks because....." before u post just do us who enjoy the game the favour and leave.

Hope the above makes sense and most of u understand where i coming from of sorts as i am kinda half asleep still hehe :lol:

Kind regards

Chaos.

unreal
22-05-07, 20:39
if it really is bad then why we hereI for one am hanging about hoping balancing finally improves things, and at the minute it hasn't. Most of the people I know who are either still playing, or don't play are hoping the same, and the very same people usually end up switching to other games for their PvP fix. I personally wouldn't pay the small monthly fee to play Neocron in the state it's in right now, and 95% of people who returned for the free time clearly felt the same.

I spend half my time trying to find people away from the Club Veronique zone line and the majority of people I run into are SL exploiters who have their locations revealed by the NCPD list. More often than not, they're my allies of whom I can't kill without losing my own 100 SL and a mass of sympathy in the process. What's more, with the unbalanced Neocron we have right now, rifles are almost like TL50 weapons compared to the damage outputs of WoC pistols and rare cannons like the Devourer which everyone uses for those reasons.

Things are probably worse than 2.1 was right now, and I feel the PvP situation is even worse now that everyone never even leaves the Club Veronique areas. It's just one big zone line zerg. I still stick around nonetheless because I hope Reakktor will do something about it, and also because I hate the genre of donkey stroking RPG's like WoW.

PS. The reason people keep creating these same old complaint threads is because there are so many things that still need to be dealt with. How many PvP and PvE balance complaint threads have you seen lately? Cearly there are major problems, but it seems Reakktor is dismissing them as "oh, someone always wants to complain about something, balance is great right now". They've reverted back to their old community-silence and slow-patching ways. I just hope one of them decides to login with their eyes open and see what things are truly like. :(

Base
22-05-07, 20:56
i already made a clan on terra at tg if u want call basor :P

rob444
25-05-07, 01:27
http://pilskar.mine.nu/~alez/Beata%2018%20003.jpg

That's pretty nerdish, lol.

sanityislost
25-05-07, 02:06
OK first of all playing wow for 10 days is like playing NC and spending all your
time in MC5, of course you would find it shit if thats all you thought the game
was.

trying to compare them is like trying to compare tekken to resident evil, both are
so diffrent there is no bloody point.

But if you looking at the amount of bugs(big fixes) and content added to each
game wow beats nc hands down

SiL ..:..

Dogface
25-05-07, 10:47
10 days or 100 days, it still sucks.

slith
25-05-07, 11:37
IMO WoW is a pretty good game. If you have people to play with.

I played it with a couple of friends after it's release, for about 6 months. We had a lot of fun. But well, it lacks PvP - and skill for that matter.
Although I have to say i never managed to get more than one char beyond lvl 30 - leveling just got far too slow for my liking. The one I had at high lvl was an flower collecting orc warrior, because I was able to walk around alone to some extend (buff/heal myself) ;)

There are many good concepts behind WoW. Just take the Hunter for example: Taming a pet, training it, etc (I did even program it a bit by creating a HUD Extension, some basic tactics :lol: my 'Tinka' (Tiger) was amazingly annoying in a combat) is just plain fun. Lack of PvP loses relevance.

It's a game everyone can play. My little sister and the daughter of my neighbour often joined us, for example.

But well, after 6 month's playing some of my comrades left, and the game became very boring very quickly after that. I'm not the one that can cooperate / play in a team with someone I barely know. BTW, that's exactly the reason I don't play Neocron anymore -> Teamplay got too important, and the people it was worth fighting with* either a) left or b) scattered in every direction.

WoW is the best PvE mmorpg out there.

And like Sil said: Bugs actually get fixed. In a reasonable amount of time, anyway.

________
*) And putting up with teamplay for..

rob444
25-05-07, 15:40
Latest patch introduced a lot of new bugs though I might add, but yeah, they are pretty good at fixing most of the issues.

RUn3
25-05-07, 15:49
Latest patch introduced a lot of new bugs though I might add, but yeah, they are pretty good at fixing most of the issues.
nc has bugs?
--
and Krz go join FF heard theyre recruiting :P

Dogface
25-05-07, 15:59
lol FF are dead.

rob444
25-05-07, 18:23
nc has bugs?
--
and Krz go join FF heard theyre recruiting :P

It's all a conspiracy I tell you!!!!!11

gamefreak
25-05-07, 18:56
There’s no conspiracy.

RusSki
25-05-07, 21:27
WoW does suck and in ways it is kinda for the younger people. And yes they bug fix quicker and better and add content more often.

With that aside the one thing WoW does way better that NC, the only thing i wish NC had that they've got is smooth zone transitions and better view distance.

-=BaReLy=-
25-05-07, 21:56
Neocron really worth a try so u gotta give it a chance and if i was u i would throw my WoW cd's in garbage :D so quick get rid of it for ur own good :angel:

Kierz
26-05-07, 00:29
Join R2K, I'll be going over (hopefully) as soon as I get some realistic time off work and I don't feel like shit.

Don't join any of the clans asking for you, real clans don't need to ask :poh so true =]
but real players don't need to ask either

OK first of all playing wow for 10 days is like playing NC and spending all your
time in MC5, of course you would find it shit if thats all you thought the game
was.yup, and in the first few minutes of noob mc5 you can become quite aquainted to the physics (i managed to climb up ontop of the thing in the middle using a varirity of jumps, then jumped down to the very bottom for a comical first death) anyway, it's the same in wow.. you can get a good feel for what's possible in a game, things which really don't change between lvl 10 and lvl 70

Latest patch introduced a lot of new bugs though I might add, but yeah, they are pretty good at fixing most of the issues.nc has bugs?
--
and Krz go join FF heard theyre recruiting :Pthink you need to part out my thread you noob wow player =x
and i think he was on about wow?
"they are pretty good at fixing most of the issues." doesn't sound like he's on about KK.. :angel:

rob444
26-05-07, 12:11
"they are pretty good at fixing most of the issues." doesn't sound like he's on about KK.. :angel:

No shit, that'll never happen :rolleyes:

Dogface
26-05-07, 12:44
I wasn't asking you to join R2k, I was telling you :p