PDA

View Full Version : Loading Problems...

Zigathon
21-05-07, 02:00
Download Client: Check.
Create Account: Check.
Patch Game: Check.
Start Playing: ...

Everything is going fine until it gets to the "Loading" screen. Then, I wait, and wait... and wait. I open Windows' task manager and it informs me that Neocron is not responding.
So, I restart and try again. Same issue. I've done this several times.

I'm rather stumped as to what the problem could be, as my computer runs World of Warcraft and other "demanding" games without a problem.

So, if anyone out there has a solution, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

silent000
21-05-07, 02:07
Download Client: Check.
Create Account: Check.
Patch Game: Check.
Start Playing: ...

Everything is going fine until it gets to the "Loading" screen. Then, I wait, and wait... and wait. I open Windows' task manager and it informs me that Neocron is not responding.
So, I restart and try again. Same issue. I've done this several times.

I'm rather stumped as to what the problem could be, as my computer runs World of Warcraft and other "demanding" games without a problem.

So, if anyone out there has a solution, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

Yes this is a very common problem, the quick fix for it is to uninstall world of warcraft and cancel your accounts.

But seriously try restarting ur PC without a quick-shutdown, normally works for me wen mine siezes up

Zigathon
21-05-07, 02:28
Awesome! That worked. Thanks for the advice.

Apocalypsox
21-05-07, 06:55
Yes this is a very common problem, the quick fix for it is to uninstall world of warcraft and cancel your accounts.

Slight bump but i second this motion...This knowledge will ruin your NC experience more than NC not running at all TBH. Most NC players dont take too kindly to Elfs (http://www.nomoreelves.com)

ashley watts
21-05-07, 15:54
Restartin ya comp helps 90% of the time :p

Bozz-Von Mel
21-05-07, 17:43
You all secretly play WoW..thats why our population is down...pfft...closet Elf lovers...

Zigathon
21-05-07, 19:01
Actually, unlike 99% of the people that play that game, I'm not addicted. As a matter of fact, I've never had a character over level 25 because I grow bored with it. Its very repetitious.

Neocron on the other hand is completely different and I'm quite positive it will hold my interest long into the future. I'm more into the whole first person cyberpunk look of it.

Doc Holliday
22-05-07, 01:17
Actually, unlike 99% of the people that play that game, I'm not addicted. As a matter of fact, I've never had a character over level 25 because I grow bored with it. Its very repetitious.

Neocron on the other hand is completely different and I'm quite positive it will hold my interest long into the future. I'm more into the whole first person cyberpunk look of it.

stick with it. then bring some friends who will also love it ;)

Zigathon
22-05-07, 12:20
Indeed. I've been telling some friends of mine about it. I'm afraid they may be put off by the complexities of it.

I'm still trying to figure some stuff out right now as well. Tooltips and an in-game manual would be a great help. I'm hoping the designers implement that soon.