PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Do you want the old F6 back?

L. S.
16-05-07, 13:01
In German Forums the community discusses if the old F6 should be implanted to the current development status of Nc2.2.

I'm interessed in your feelings about that.

First of all I think the game should NOT be resetted to Nc1, only the F6 with all his old HQ locations should be implanted in the current development status of NC2.2
In my opinion the Nc2 F6 is a bit boring. It is black and white, NC vs DOY, that's why is isn't really dynamic and it results in a lack of political and storycontent interactions.
One thing is that two megacities are much to big for 200 Players at the moment.
But thats not the Mainreason. Things would get more interessting if the F6 is much deeper than now.

Another point is that many of us are shouting for bugfixing first. I think you will never be able to kill really all bugs, so if you want to wait until all bugs had been killed, nothing will change with the F6.

I think it should be possible to declare such hard cuts with an epic storyline.
Of course, things need to change if this project should become reallity, but isn't it that what we all need? A new fresh breeze, a change in the epic storyline of Neocron? I think is is exactly what we, what Neocron and finaly what KK needs.

So here is the Poll: (Please could one of the Mods create a poll? thanks in advance.)

1. I wanna see the Old F6, bugfixing could be done later
2. First bugfixing, then F6
3. doesn't matter to me which of them will get fixed first.
4. I'm happy with the current F6

zii
16-05-07, 13:38
Hi,
There is a poll button that you can click when you create the thread. This way we can use the poll. The poll is about the old F6 list, so the question about bug fixing is beyond the scope of the poll.

1. I wanna see the Old F6
2. I'm happy with the current F6
3. Neither ; post idea.

However, this has been discussed many times. Some form of dynamic faction positioning would be another worthy idea, with changes to SL system or removal.

L. S.
16-05-07, 13:40
Hi,
There is a poll button that you can click when you create the thread. This way we can use the poll. The poll is about the old F6 list, so the question about bug fixing is beyond the scope of the poll

Hmm I have been told that normal members couldn't create Polls at the moment. Only Mods are able to... I seek the Poll button but can't find it.

zii
16-05-07, 13:41
Last time I checked normal users could create these.

/edit. Just checked myself and I could not see the option to create a poll :( Weird.

L. S.
16-05-07, 13:44
Last time I checked normal users could create these.

/edit. Just checked myself and I could not see the option to create a poll :( Weird.
Never mind :). Then just post your number and a statement would be also nice, until the Poll is created

silent000
16-05-07, 13:48
I would like the old F6 back but i would also like sympathy with factions a factor so if your an 'ally PKr' then you rele are an outcast insted of just getting red symp and made to AFK in ur appy or TH for a week =/

SorkZmok
16-05-07, 13:54
Rather get KK to finally rework the whole soullight/sympathy system.

Just changing the factions back to what they were wouldn't solve a fucking thing.

Bruder Malmsdoo
16-05-07, 13:56
Old F6 with old faction-hq-locations and I'm back

L. S.
16-05-07, 14:20
Rather get KK to finally rework the whole soullight/sympathy system.

Just changing the factions back to what they were wouldn't solve a fucking thing.

I think you underestimate the potential that is in that.
Sure, if you watch it neutral it looks like you simply implant some old thing into a new thing.
But with the old F6 many other things will following. Its is a plattform, a base, where many forgotten things can grow again.
In my opinion The Nc2 F6 system is cutten. Nc1 F6 System is an extended version of that. And this should be our base, our base for the story, for the politics for the roleplay.

People will identify much better with their factions and the game get's a much depper feeling/gameplay.

Please go on, post you opinions. It is in our hands to make a change. We can do it if we only want to.

Selendor
16-05-07, 14:57
I do agree that the feeling of identity was terribly removed when Neocron 2 was launched. Before, all the factions were under one roof and you had all sorts of banter and pvp in pepper park. As a CA runner, we roleplayed a lot as defenders of the city and law.

Its all gone now, you have a red vs blue game where red=dead, it gives no scope for complex relationships, and also has meant op wars are basically city vs city.

But you can't change back to the old relationships because DoY is a city in its own right. I guess if there were 2000 players online you would get that feeling back, but not with 200. As it is we have Tech Haven as the sole social mixing point for all runners.

I had always argued that KK needed to program the ability to change faction relationships on the fly in line with story changes, and of course the Mercs should have been fixed a long time ago so that they could temporarily take faction relationships on if they were hired to do so.

L. S.
16-05-07, 15:10
It is not impossible to went back I think.
You can do a lot of things to declare a hard cut like that.
So maybe a new menance (Tokyo2? *g*) is attaking the Dome and wants to rule the whole country. That forces all factions back to their old HQ's and will bind them more togehter against the new enemy who is now rule the Dome.

Selendor
16-05-07, 15:15
I will refer you to the scope of changes in today's patch as to whether its possible for KK to implement any large scale faction changes any time before 2009.

L. S.
16-05-07, 15:59
Please could any Modreator be so kind and create a Poll? thanks for that.

Tickles
16-05-07, 16:12
I will refer you to the scope of changes in today's patch as to whether its possible for KK to implement any large scale faction changes any time before 2009.

Lol Sel true.

I would like the faction relationships to return to NC1 but NOT change the faction HQs back. HIOB should spread some massive propaganda to every faction causing a massive outbreak in both cities. Traditional rivalries burst back onto the scene and there is chaos everywhere. HQ's lose the safezone ability as HIOB hacks into the security enforcement settings. Each faction recruits more guards for it's HQ but has no guards anywhere else in the city. CA pulls back its guards to its HQ in Plaza 1 which also loses its Safezone setting. All DoY factions the same. The NCPD becomes it's own seperate faction as the Copbots are inserted with a different personality due to HIOB. All copbots are pulled back to NCPD HQ.

Only appartments and TH remain safe. Tradeskilling in the cities are moved to tradeskillers own appartments, whether it is clan or not. New zones can be made for tradeskillers, proper "mall" looking (not with the stupidly high roof like the TH Mall which is not remotely realistic to anything)

Anyway these are the changes i would love.

Dogface
16-05-07, 17:13
Old F6 with old faction-hq-locations and I'm back

Gets my vote.

New SL system too.

Gash jackel
16-05-07, 17:23
Well the dome of york does need removing I've gathered or at least locking away for a while. The game just lacks the players needed for it. Go back to having just Neocron and leave the dome for a year or so until we get more regular players.

However a very good advertising campaign might do some good here too?

spikeownzu
16-05-07, 17:35
yeah nc1 = politics/diplomats

this was gone in NC2

this was one the major things i whined about when NC2 came out... i kinda forgot about how it was back in NC1 but ya'll reminded me :P

it actually "added" something extra to the game, at the moment there is next to no diplomacy at all, and yeah any time before 2009 would be good

and as for DOY city.... nobody wanted it... nobody wants it now... get rid of it i say.... nobody is ever there anyway, just makes the players more scarce

TicketInspector
16-05-07, 17:39
The old "neg 32" system please =)

RogerRamjet
16-05-07, 17:43
A new system would be good, aslong as it was implemented properly, along with a storyline. Even some of the old F6s didn't make sense. PP enemy to NEXT? Surely they should be enemy to BT because of the implants/drugs market etc etc.

slith
16-05-07, 17:47
Old F6 and NO soullight. Everything (guards...) symp based.

Fega
16-05-07, 17:48
I vote yes for this thread

Dribble Joy
16-05-07, 18:04
What I wrote here (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2077979&postcount=14).

I'd like a more convoluted faction system, but the right symp system needs to be there to support it.

Chenoa
16-05-07, 18:10
Poll added

silent000
16-05-07, 18:32
Poll added

KK are considering this then? or were you just bored :(

Would be fucking sexy tho

L. S.
16-05-07, 18:40
To all of those who vote for "First bugfixing, then F6":
It should be clear that bugfixing is never over, so F6 wont change if they should do it after bugfixing.

CMaster
16-05-07, 18:40
I don't really want the old "F6" back. Times have moved on.
I would like to see a less red vs blue faction system though, realed to the ways factions feel about each other now and the changes we've had. And ideally some changes to OP security settings.

L. S.
16-05-07, 18:44
I don't really want the old "F6" back. Times have moved on.
I would like to see a less red vs blue faction system though, realed to the ways factions feel about each other now and the changes we've had. And ideally some changes to OP security settings.

No one wants to make history unhappen, but i think it is possible to bring the factions back through a storyline that goes on and on and build up on the actual Storyline. So maybe it dont have to be exactly 100% the old F6 but it have to be directed in this way.

SorkZmok
16-05-07, 18:49
I think you underestimate the potential that is in that.
Sure, if you watch it neutral it looks like you simply implant some old thing into a new thing.
But with the old F6 many other things will following. Its is a plattform, a base, where many forgotten things can grow again.
In my opinion The Nc2 F6 system is cutten. Nc1 F6 System is an extended version of that. And this should be our base, our base for the story, for the politics for the roleplay.

People will identify much better with their factions and the game get's a much depper feeling/gameplay.

Please go on, post you opinions. It is in our hands to make a change. We can do it if we only want to.Well i experienced the old system. It wasn't any better, it was just different. And we had more players back then. That's what made it interesting.

But i didn't want to say that i'm against it. I actually enjoyed the old system a lot more, just because there was much more tension between the various pro and anti factions.

Bringing the canyon back to life would be awesome. Same with TH, FA just doesn't belong anywhere else. And with TS and BD back in pepper park things would heat up a lot.

But still, the whole system is borked. We had more fun for some time but in the end it would just boil down to the same old shit with the same old asshats exploiting the sl/symp system like mad.
So i'm actually up for a change but only if it comes with a proper system. Like the one DJ suggested. (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2077979&postcount=14) I love him, his ideas are pure awesomeness. <3

But hell DJ, wtf did you do to your avatar? That new picture looks just wrong. :lol:

Dribble Joy
16-05-07, 18:54
But hell DJ, wtf did you do to your avatar? That new picture looks just wrong. :lol:
Hehehe... wondering when someone would notice :p.
Previously I was adamant that I would never change it, but last night I just.. did...

Lucky Star ftw btw.

RogerRamjet
16-05-07, 19:09
Old F6 and NO soullight. Everything (guards...) symp based.

That would certainly make the game more interesting. Making the system less black and white is what i'd like to see.

Edit: There isn't an option for a new F6. I don't think a reversion to the old one is needed.

Zheo
16-05-07, 19:33
The dome is rubbish, I was looking forward to a cool new city under a huge dome looking dark and dangerious, with neon lights everywhere. instead we get a...well I don't really know it's not a city it's a PILE OF CRAP!

Seriously....

I'd like to see two new playable factions, Anarchy Breed, and Doy Central Government.

FA move back to TH, TG move back to Canyon.

AB, DCG, BD, CS, NExT and either Biotech or Tanget.

NExT leaves because of CA giving them grief, Tanget leave because Daddy hands both companies Biotech, and Tanget basically flees with the company's assets!

Give it a complex F6 system that means that DCG is allied or neutral to TS who live back in pepper. BD run the Dome Red Light and drugs area, while PP go dark and start supplying Neocron with drugs since BD left, only PP deal in low class drugs, while BD deal in high end drugs.

DCG and CA are Neutral! not red! ha there's a twist for you, since Jack takes command of CA and DCG take command of the dome they reach peace, however not everyone else is at peace, Tanget can still come into NC, and TS can still go to dome. TG Still fighting CA but ok with DCG and some other stuff that i wont go into because this doesnt matter :D

L. S.
16-05-07, 20:04
Edit: There isn't an option for a new F6. I don't think a reversion to the old one is needed.
I think the old HQ's are the best thing but when you mean the realtionships between the factions.. ok. I would have no Problem if the realtionships were not 100% as in Nc1, but then they have to be that complex like in Nc1. As for me, they could use the whole old F6, because i think it is nearly perfect.

TicketInspector
16-05-07, 20:45
Anarchy Breed and Traders Union factions!

RusSki
16-05-07, 21:06
It would be interesting to trial the old F6 with more of the new features in the game. I'm not saying its the right thing for certain but neither is the current system.
Whatever happened to neptune/the test server? Could they not trial the old F6 and faction HQ's on neptune's resources and see how works out.

But what would become of DoY as a city then?
Its a very large area that would be totally wasted if everyone simply moved out.
So possibily begin using some areas of the DoY like the disused faction HQ as hunt zones or mini quest areas.
Is it beyond the realm of possibility to have DoY become infested with mutants/creatures?
That way players/teams could fight their way deeper inside the city to get to better hunting areas.
Make it so all the gr's in the city are for out going travel only, so that players have to work to get to the best area's.
Even make old HQ's into hackable mini ops

ashley watts
16-05-07, 21:16
F6 Got my vote :), Fix this then work hard on balancing :=)

Gash jackel
16-05-07, 22:05
Perhaps this is but a symptom of an underlaying problem?

Serious_Sam
17-05-07, 00:45
Bollox to F6!!! Make the game PLAYABLE please.

Tickles
17-05-07, 13:28
Thats not going the happen. Seems the base code is too fucked up and intertwined that changing something for the better screws something else up. Anyway game is playable.. it just requires inordinate amounts of patience :)

CMaster
17-05-07, 13:36
The dome is rubbish, I was looking forward to a cool new city under a huge dome looking dark and dangerious, with neon lights everywhere. instead we get a...well I don't really know it's not a city it's a PILE OF CRAP!

Seriously....

I'd like to see two new playable factions, Anarchy Breed, and Doy Central Government.

FA move back to TH, TG move back to Canyon.

AB, DCG, BD, CS, NExT and either Biotech or Tanget.

NExT leaves because of CA giving them grief, Tanget leave because Daddy hands both companies Biotech, and Tanget basically flees with the company's assets!

Give it a complex F6 system that means that DCG is allied or neutral to TS who live back in pepper. BD run the Dome Red Light and drugs area, while PP go dark and start supplying Neocron with drugs since BD left, only PP deal in low class drugs, while BD deal in high end drugs.

DCG and CA are Neutral! not red! ha there's a twist for you, since Jack takes command of CA and DCG take command of the dome they reach peace, however not everyone else is at peace, Tanget can still come into NC, and TS can still go to dome. TG Still fighting CA but ok with DCG and some other stuff that i wont go into because this doesnt matter :D

There is no DCG, although that does beg the question of where DoY guards are from. Effectivly TG controls the dome in a millitary dicatatorship under our "amigo" Ronald Rodergiuez, although he has to consider the other faction's wishes to some degree.

Seeing NEXT either move to as a primary, or establish a secondary wastelands base would be very nice - seriusly, all the anti-city factions have two HQs, why can't at least one of the pro factions have a secondary facility?

And yeah, surley old man Biotech should have died by now and left the whole company to one of the kids.

Tratos
17-05-07, 14:00
I have to say i would love to see the remainder of the Dome Government come back to take their city, there's still General Babel in J_08 after all. They have the York Troopers/Cyborgs and their own guards within the city, they should mount an attack and reclaim what is theirs.

Factionless should be where everyone starts but you pick your starting location, everything should be based on faction sympathy, where you can go, who you can join and what you can do.

TG need to go back to the Canyon. FA should go home to TH, NExT should construct a new facility at the racetrack and move there. Some of the other corporations should have their own buildings and offices such as the Trader Union who should have a main building (one you can actually walk into, a proper zonelined interior zone) in Neocron, DoY and TechHaven. Where you can find some traders, discover how the union works, get some delivery/supply missions and interact with the staff of the union. Some store chains should have HQs where you find out about the companies, what they sell and do some collection missions for parts and stuff as well as delivery missions to the stores (Give the Store Managers in some of Neocron's stores some sort of purpose).

Anyway im not even talking about the poll. F6 needs dramatic changes along with the systems and stuff surrounding it but i dont think it needs to be as it was in NC1, just similar with more factions and faction sympathy actually counting for more.

Zeninja
17-05-07, 14:27
Silly question no jokes. Everyone does :eek:

There are tons of arguments to sustain it, among them :

- would fix the whining about the new SL system (cause you'd actually find red people when you need them)
- would lower unproductive neutral/allies ganking (which source is definatly the lack of opponents in city sectors)
- would make OP fights way more interesting
- would give NAPs and alliances with ennemies a meaning
- would give the whole NC's background a meaning (even faction's presentations in citycom haven't been rewritten yet)
- would please the nostalgics
- would "enhance" (not to say "resurrect") roleplaying and diplomacy
- would serve IG's real estate (wtb : pepper park lvl 3 appartement)
- by extension, would make vets join back

The whole A vs B always sounded like some Cold War revival to me, we don't want that. Berlin Wall felt down like 8 centuries ago. I have to recognize KK made some improvements recently (like DRE ennemy to Mercs) though.

No one wants to make history unhappen, but i think it is possible to bring the factions back through a storyline that goes on and on and build up on the actual Storyline. So maybe it dont have to be exactly 100% the old F6 but it have to be directed in this way.
In other words : the main "problem" is, as far as I understand KK's policy about evolutions in background (that was supposed to be a little more dynamic than one change per year iirc :rolleyes:), is that you can't change things back the way they were without the approriate storyboard ofc, but also the events, voice of the resistance articles, clans (or factions) wars, etc ; therefore, going back to the old F6 table would take time, not only for technical reasons.

Besides, I guess this may lead to several FSM/smugglers/shop-items/HQs revamps too, in order to preserve players interactions and keep every factions with their own pros/cons (which probably has to be balanced still, anyway, with the current AvsB table).

L. S.
18-05-07, 20:46
If anyone doesn't know about the Faction Relationships in Nc1, here is a list:

Enemy, Neutral, Friend:

Biotech: Crahn, TT, TG, DRE, FA, Next, BD, CA, CM, PP, Tsunami
Black Dragon: CA, CM, DRE, FA, Tsunami, TG, Next, TT, BT, Crahn, PP
City Admin: BD, Crahn, Tsunami, TG, CM, FA, BT, DRE, Next, PP, TT
City Mercs: BD, TG, CA, Crahn, FA, Tsunami, BT, DRE, Next, PP, TT
Crahn Sekte: BT, CA, FA, Tsunami, CM, DRE, Next, TT, BD, PP, TG
Diamond Real Estate: BD, TG, BT, Crahn, FA, PP, CA, CM, Next, TT, Tsunami
Fallen Angels: BD, Crahn, TT, BT, CA, CM, DRE, PP, Tsunami, Next, TG
Next: PP, TG, BT, BD, Crahn, Tsunami, CA, CM, DRE, FA, TT
Protopharma: Next, Tsunami, DRE, FA, TT, TG, BT, BD, CA, CM, Crahn
Tangent Technologies: BT, FA, TG, BD, Crahn, PP, Tsunami, CA, CM, DRE, Next
Tsunami Syndikate: BD, CA, Crahn, PP, CM, FA, Next, TT, TG, BT, DRE
Twilight Guardian: BT, BD, CA, CM, DRE, Next, TT, PP, Tsunami, Crahn, FA

This list is taken from the German Thread about the old F6.

HQ's:
TS Hq Pepper Park Sec 01
BD Hq Pepper Park Sec 02
CS Hq Pepper Park Sec 03
FA Hq Tech Haven
TG Hq Canyon

Other HQ's are still like in Nc1.

I know that KK has a Storyline allready planned for Nc2.2, but it should be easy to rewrite it a bit, without destroying it totaly, to bring a new F6 to NC2.2 (or 2.3? ;) ).

L. S.
31-05-07, 02:29
We finaly made it. :) A big thanks to all voters and of course to KK who have the courage to do that.
This is a big step for Neocron.

Selendor
31-05-07, 10:16
Hey L.S you seem to have KK in your back pocket. Can you please start a thread asking them to implement Mechs, Rocket Packs, Weapon Balance, Cigarettes, Clan Wars, and No-Clipping?

Jodo
31-05-07, 14:12
Hey L.S you seem to have KK in your back pocket. Can you please start a thread asking them to implement Mechs, Rocket Packs, Weapon Balance, Cigarettes, Clan Wars, and No-Clipping?

And the old character models from NC1. :D

IceStorm
31-05-07, 17:40
Yay! Three others agree with me!

The current F6 makes my life easy. My CM main can go to all four important locations (NC, DoY, Mil Base, TG Canyon), along with TH.

Garfield
31-05-07, 20:29
And the old character models from NC1. :D
hell yeah bring the PINK pants back :lol:

Jodo
31-05-07, 22:05
hell yeah bring the PINK pants back :lol:

Mine were purple. :cool:

Matanius
31-05-07, 22:10
Mine where....oh, wait, I didn't even have the game :p

Apocalypsox
01-06-07, 00:00
i think im the only bald spy in NC2 =P Yay for transfer bugs. Anyways.

I dont want the old F6 back, redesign it and get NEXT the fuck away from CA.

suler
01-06-07, 04:54
I don't care if it's the old F6 or a new F6, as long as it has some interesting faction relations.

The red vs blue crap really has hurt the game a decent amount, it took interesting politics and threw them down the drain. It encourages the 1 large clan on each side trend(Why join a small clan when you're fighting against the same guys anyways?).