PDA

View Full Version : Patch 165 Notes

Thanatos
16-05-07, 11:01
[PSI SUPPORT]
- Increased psi usage and cast time for rare anti-support modules (i.e. Exorcist).
- Holy Unprotector has received an additional boost of psi usage because of its special kind of functionality.
- Visual effects added on the target for removing or boosting spells (i.e. Unprotector, Skill-Boosters, AntiDeflector, ...).
* Remover: color is equal to the color of the corresponding support spell
* Booster: combat boosters use red - support boosters use green color

[DRONE COMBAT]
- Drones with AoE damage now damage themselves when they are in the damage area.
- Damage over time effects on drones are now converted to instant damage.
- Resistance cap raised by 10 percent.

- Changed hit region (head, torso, legs) calculation for NPCs to be a little less random.
- Fixed a bug that allowed runners to damage vehicle passengers with AoE weapons.
- Construction time lowered by 30 percent.
- Fixed a problem with the construction of items with techlevels lower than 2.
- Fixed the hand grenade TG-275 'Freedom Strike'.
- All hand grenades now have 10 uses.
- Some types of WoC ammunition were not clonable, fixed.
- Some types of WoC ammo converters were not researchable, fixed.

spikeownzu
16-05-07, 11:09
nobody uses anti support spells anyway, especially things like exorcist, you need to improve all the anti support spells except unprotector i think

like anti heal spell and exorcist etc

as for the unprotector i hope you have't nerfed it too hard, imo it made pvp a bit faster paced, its going to be a bit slower and sluggish now, trying to batter down shielded/healed people is't so easy, especially when they can just zone down so easily, it seems in 2.2 people are much tougher, better resists

also if unprotector been nerfed too hard, PPU's are never ever going to die hehe

Necpock
16-05-07, 11:10
I would have liked to see an APU boost :(

spikeownzu
16-05-07, 11:12
APU and melee tank boost wud of been easy and good :(

guess we can't have it all hehe

Doc Holliday
16-05-07, 11:18
interesting. the construction thing i like the most. thats really nice. this will hopefully reduce build times on missions too i guess. always a bonus.

Nice to see things are being tweaked some more but i wish next time it doesnt take as long to produce the patch :)

CMaster
16-05-07, 11:32
I was unaware of any problem with exorcist/antidote/etc. After all, nobody even uses para these days (it does still exist players, you know?) and with DoT being pretty rare...
Anyhow, unprotector psi cost boost is nice, but it would have been nice to see it slowed down too - its still faster than a PPU can cast all 3 buffs (at least for normal holy's haven't tried with the swirleys).

Also, still no word on the big issue, weapon balance.

spikeownzu
16-05-07, 11:45
also i dont understand this

drones are tougher?!?!?!?!? they need to be made weaker as it is....

considering droners can hide in the many graphical bugs and then go on a rampage with a particle nem which is basically indestructable

Doc Holliday
16-05-07, 11:55
the resistance cap for the drone is raised. so it needs more points or something to make it tougher. maybe this is good maybe not. theres no shortage of droners to test it.

Jodo
16-05-07, 12:04
The construction time being reduced is nice, I also like the 10 uses per grenade.

SorkZmok
16-05-07, 12:06
Pretty small patch with nearly no fixes. :(

Good thing you changed the psi anti spells.

But the rest is just eye candy really. As if drones wouldn't still ******** everything. Now you just gotta be a bit more careful. But maybe it's better now, i'll try it later.

Anybody knows what exactly "resistance cap raised" means for drones?

spikeownzu
16-05-07, 12:13
im sure it means drones are now completely indestructable, instead of nearly indestructable

SorkZmok
16-05-07, 12:14
im sure it means drones are now completely indestructable, instead of nearly indestructable
Well it kinda sounds like "Drones can now damage themselves thus we raised their resistances so no one has to care about it"

:(

DIABLO666
16-05-07, 12:18
im pretty disappointed with this patch rly sure theres some good changes but i still think HAB should be a apu spell and tl on some weapons needs looking into seen as some high tl guns do crap damage while low tl guns can do good damage (point in question dissy tl115 i think dus rubbish damage xbow tl100 dus good damage)

And about drones, guys did u really think they would make drones fair? lol everybody who works at KK and probably all the GMs have about 2 droners each, they crnt make the main class they play fair! how would they easilly pwn everybody =)

silent000
16-05-07, 12:21
This patch took quite a long time to come out and it hasnt actually FIXED anything :rolleyes: atleast give us some APU and melee tank boosts and fix the burst weapons.

Dissapoited tbh

spikeownzu
16-05-07, 12:23
yeah something weird about KK and drones.......

as for hab as APU spell i'm not so sure about that...

i think its nice as an PPU spell to replace freeze

however, i do think APU's need a tweaky quicktime

--- i really wish i knew how hard it was for KK to make this changes.... does it really take THAT long to change frequency/damage or psi usage of things?

Carnage
16-05-07, 12:25
The reason for the, i call it "Drone Hitregion" problem was, that the hitregion verification from npcs havent worked correctly on drones.
NPCs doensnt hit drones as much as normal runners.
Thats now fixed.
Now they get more hits and therefore more damage.
We have decided to give them a bit more resistance due to the increased amount of damage they have to deal with.

Before your dicuss this anymore, wait for the patch and test it yourself
and than give us your feedback.

Gash jackel
16-05-07, 12:28
One thing I would like to see fixed is mission NPC chat. You can talk to mission NPCs and go through the details of the mission in the exact same way time and time again. It can get a bit confusing. Maybe change it so that the NPC gives your a brief overview of the mish when you talk to him and tells you to fuck off and do it already?

SorkZmok
16-05-07, 12:30
The reason for the, i call it "Drone Hitregion" problem was, that the hitregion verification from npcs havent worked correctly on drones.
Thats now fixed.
We have decided to give them a bit more resistance due to the increased amount of damage they have to deal with.

and than give us your feedback.Sounds reasonable. NPCs really missed way too many shots at drones.

Mabye it actually was a good patch. At least it's going in the right direction. :)

But on the other hand doesn't it mean that drones are now weaker against NPCs while they can take even more damage from mobs? Because only NPC damage is affected while drones in general got more armor.
Or does NPC mean all mobs?

silent000
16-05-07, 12:31
Thats now fixed.

Once againg KK have not thought about PvP drones were basically invincable before now you have made them more resistant to mobs? that makes no different to us players :rolleyes:

Gash jackel
16-05-07, 12:37
I guess theres only one thing to say there. Don't attack the drones, attack the controller.

Or to put it another way: Behind every drone theres a crunchy squishy human

silent000
16-05-07, 12:40
I guess theres only one thing to say there. Don't attack the drones, attack the controller.

Or to put it another way: Behind every drone theres a crunchy squishy human

....a crunchy squishy human who has either F12d or flown up on top of a mountain and put it self in a spot that a runner without VHC skills cant get too :rolleyes:

Gash jackel
16-05-07, 12:42
The fact that I'm new kind of shows with my knowledge of all this being theoretical XD
Shame there arn't EMP grenades or somethin

F12'd?
And what are VHC skills? >.>

silent000
16-05-07, 12:43
Well i wont explain what F12d means cus ill probably get shouted at for it but droners with VHC skills means they can fly gliders which can get em access to high areas like mountains and such.

Gash jackel
16-05-07, 12:46
Ahhh vehicle skills. Well wouldn't a glider be fairly visible? I don't know if you can "unsummon" vehicles in the wastelands?

Jodo
16-05-07, 12:51
In a good spot you could always "park around the corner" thus it wouldn't be very visable. It's often best to run away from the hills as thats where the little buggers usually are. Sooner or later you'll bring the drone out of range.

Gash jackel
16-05-07, 12:52
I'm assuming travelling in groups with one or two flyers is out of the question?

Bredahl
16-05-07, 12:57
Hmm gonna be good to test out the psi use of HAB.. i hope it eats like 400 from the pool or something high like that.. would stop soldierz from spamming as much as they do :D

slith
16-05-07, 12:59
I'm assuming travelling in groups with one or two flyers is out of the question?Definitely

Gash jackel
16-05-07, 13:23
Definitely

Why am I not suprised?

spikeownzu
16-05-07, 13:33
yeah.. it seems you have't noticed we're complaining that you'v raised drone resistance due to the pvp side of things..

i guess none of the staff have an active pvp char 0.o

thats a good thing though :P don't want no hax or discrimination

DIABLO666
16-05-07, 13:39
it like i said ppl who control patches have droners so they want them to be overpowered. you might think its easy to kill the droner but cos of stealth it isnt that easy.. last night in pp1 i found the droners body twice while he had his drone out, both times he managed to stealth away b4 i cud get in enough shots to kill him an that was with me using a dev!! i think remote control an willpower should decrease health or resist so that droners body die in like 1 or 2 shots in pvp thus making it fairer

(As ever waits for horde of drones to shout at him for making sensible suggestion which stops their class being overpowered)

Bredahl
16-05-07, 13:56
it like i said ppl who control patches have droners so they want them to be overpowered. you might think its easy to kill the droner but cos of stealth it isnt that easy.. last night in pp1 i found the droners body twice while he had his drone out, both times he managed to stealth away b4 i cud get in enough shots to kill him an that was with me using a dev!! i think remote control an willpower should decrease health or resist so that droners body die in like 1 or 2 shots in pvp thus making it fairer

(As ever waits for horde of drones to shout at him for making sensible suggestion which stops their class being overpowered)

See typing in red: thats the best idea EVER!
then it would finally be possible to kill the droners, as it is now, its just not possible because of theire stealth :(

silent000
16-05-07, 14:04
Aye it is quite a good idea, but it wud have to be a very significant difference to health/resists because i can sometimes stealth away on my droning spy with no con setup, unless there are alot of em.

SorkZmok
16-05-07, 14:06
That still wouldn't change drones in any way. They'd still ******** everyone who can't stealth and in pve nothing at all would change, drones still solo everything there is.

:mad:

silent000
16-05-07, 14:08
Plus i was told the biotech NPCs would be fixed :mad: i had to change factions and spend the time getting symp and money just to complete an epic for WoC because the TT epic is fucked. :mad:

Matanius
16-05-07, 14:35
Hmmm.... not a bad patch, but it did take a stupidly long time to do what seems like simple changes. However, I'm not savvy with this sort of stuff, i am not a dev and would never claim to know how long this all takes, so I will reserve judgment.

I still feel a bit disappointed though. It would also be nice to get a decent answer as to why it took so long. But I guess I'm dreaming if I think that is going to happen :p

But hey! At least we've got a patch......right? o_O

Burninghead
16-05-07, 14:37
Plus i was told the biotech NPCs would be fixed :mad: i had to change factions and spend the time getting symp and money just to complete an epic for WoC because the TT epic is fucked. :mad:

Someone told me there's an NPC in TT HQ which you have to talk to in order to skip the messy biotech part.

Selendor
16-05-07, 15:13
4 weeks for those changes? I'm sorry, but unless you've only got 1 part-time coder thats absurd. And if its not, then the NC code is much worse than anyone imagined (and we imagine its quite bad!)

Its not been confirmed in game yet, but if the Drone resist boosts have applied to PvP damage, then thats the complete opposite of what everyone was asking for. Well done.

On the other hand, I suppose the AoE splash damage could have some specific implications for the dominance of Droners in certain caves and spots?

So generally a mixed bag of changes, but I think people were expecting a lot more from this patch.

Brammers
16-05-07, 15:42
Thats now fixed.

Ok that fixes PvE, but does the 10% extra resist effect PvP? It was dam impossible to shoot down a drone, adding that 10% extra resist just means the drones like particle nemesis got tougher, and is still hard to shoot down?

Bredahl
16-05-07, 15:56
Wow Holy Unprotector now takes 351 from the psi pool to cast.. nice one KK :D

Tickles
16-05-07, 16:02
Right so... this patch took 30 days to come up with these minor changes?

Melee tank is still not viable. Not only do melee weapons degrade far too quickly, but none of them do enough damage in the first place to even win a fight between two equalling skilled opponents.

APU's REQUIRE PPU support. Otherwise they are unviable.

PE's can use XBOW and have a great con setup. Xbow is definately too powerful for a TL100 weapon especially as it requires WoC 1 (something that is MEANT to be a nice alternative to normal rare not as something far better) Case in point the Judge should be EQUAL damage as it has EQAUL TL.

As far as I know the Tangent epic is still not fixed with an NPC or anything but Burninghead may be correct, just seems no one else can confirm it.

On the flip side I am pleased with the change to Unprotector as it can be spammed far too easily. I know myself as I primarily play PPU. Also the change to drones means it is harder for them to solo everywhere as they cause damage to themselves. That's good.

Still a VERY disappointing patch for 30 days work...

Lifewaster
16-05-07, 17:51
Wow Holy Unprotector now takes 351 from the psi pool to cast.. nice one KK :D

woah, thats a big change, it used to take 90.... 351 seems reasonable for what it does though. But it effectively means we can cast 1 HAB every 10-20 sec instead of one every 2-3 sec.....

Also , the freq on HAB is now 11/min instead of 22/min

About the drones in PvP ... well the main troublemaker was the particle nemesis, thats now changed to instant instead of DOT dmg so it could be much less of a problem now.

Herrad
16-05-07, 18:36
Hmm I think the patch is pretty useless, (excludin the PPU changes) mite be a sort of trail patch leading up to some bigger changes that KK are "really" workin on... i hope,

As for drones, as far as i'm aware Neocron is a PvP game, so really, ignore the PvM aspects behind drones and look at the PvP aspects...

A few:

Tiny Hitbox

Massive Armour

Damn Decent Damage

Player controllin drone can easily get away...

theres been shit loads of fights at pepper park 1 recently every time a droner shows up all the fightin dies down... REAL PROBLEM KK

Dribble Joy
16-05-07, 18:39
Drone stuff.... well it's not enough, but a start I suppose.

- Construction time lowered by 30 percent.
W00t!!

Zheo
16-05-07, 19:11
also i dont understand this

drones are tougher?!?!?!?!? they need to be made weaker as it is....

considering droners can hide in the many graphical bugs and then go on a rampage with a particle nem which is basically indestructable

Players do not kill the drone, they kill the droner! Only mobs attack drones.

Unless the player is a twit. So that makes no difference to pvp really

As for the rest of this patch, took a long time to come out, and nothing was in it that I cared about...accept maybe cst times. Oh well maybe next patch will balance the game.

silent000
16-05-07, 19:18
Players do not kill the drone, they kill the droner! Only mobs attack drones.

:confused: Shooting drones is a good idea because once you shoo the drone it fucks up their sights by giving em seconds of drugflash. And from all we have been saying about putting the meatsack out of reach of normal players means that ent possible.

DIABLO666
16-05-07, 20:25
its nice to see sensible people who realise that my idea to reduce resist or health on droners would work, but, and i know iv said this a lot but you can never say it to much tbh =) they will never fix drones as 2.2 seems to have been designed to make life even easier for droners

Seraphin[69]
16-05-07, 21:04
I wonder why KK always nerf badly what I have fun with...

I started to enjoy the drones, now it's a pain to fight the mobs with (100% shot accuracy on them) It's like having a drugflash while droning now... It's very disappointing.

They nerfed the holy unprotector. Didn't we ask for EITHER a higher mana usage OR a slower cast rate ? KK did both... 50% less frequency, 300% mana usage... Then make it an apu spell again and let the people enjoying their apu again :p

And for the last part :

Be prepared runners because I enjoy the devourer, the ion shotguns for PVP, and the healing light for the PVE. It will soon be nerfed cause I enjoy them !

ashley watts
16-05-07, 21:12
This patch took FAR to long with so little fixes :p

']Be prepared runners because I enjoy the devourer, the ion shotguns for PVP, and the healing light for the PVE. It will soon be nerfed cause I enjoy them !

Nope, They will most likly balance them as their all to powerfull :)

Chuck Norris
17-05-07, 00:36
Drones take a ton more damage now, hope all the whiners are happy now, oh wait they are not, they are still whining! HAha funny to see so much blind hatred just cause. Well should be obvious some people will never be happy.

Keep whining maybe you'll get them nerfed out of the game!

On the other hand nice changes/fixes to CST and fixed epic bugs. Also big thanks for fix on cloning ammo!

Please don't only listen to a few over whiny runners for they may be lacking skills and just want to be powerful while sucking.

on a side note, since drones are being hit a lot more any chance of lessening the total fuzz on the screen while the drone is being shot, you can not see a thing. Makes trying to hit anything or even navigating close to impossible.

Now droners are blindly shooting end up hit there own drone causing even more fuzz even faster, blind fighting.

Not as if runners see nothing but fuzz when they are being shot, Id love to see the "being shot fuzz" added to players, see how they like it.

Also I do not know if this was intentional or not but it seems the launcher configuration options were changed.... windowed mode seems to have been removed. Also the resolution can now be hiked up to 2056x1600 which I have no clue why anyone would do since the font would be unreadable. Unless there is a way to change font size in game that I am unaware of.

keep up the good work.

=REMUS=
17-05-07, 01:10
I think that kk should make grenades alot more powerful, i think it would be alot of fun.

Of course if you get 10 or so tanks throwing nades it might get a lil messy :o

Safunte
17-05-07, 02:33
[DRONE COMBAT]
- Drones with AoE damage now damage themselves when they are in the damage area.
- Damage over time effects on drones are now converted to instant damage.

this is a bullshit excuse for a "fix"

fuck this.

Drones take a ton more damage now, hope all the whiners are happy now, oh wait they are not, they are still whining! HAha funny to see so much blind hatred just cause. Well should be obvious some people will never be happy.

you clearly haven't played much of nc1...nc2...nor nc2.1....
drones dont take shit for damage.
they should die in minimal hits because, the body doesn't die... its simple, theres no reason a drone should do equal damage to another weaponclass of the same tl and theres no reason a drone should resist as much (or in this case at a pvp stance) better than a person... with a self heal that is rediculous and infinite capabilities of clipping away.

Safunte
17-05-07, 02:37
delete plz kthnx

Chuck Norris
17-05-07, 03:03
this is a bullshit excuse for a "fix"

fuck this.

you clearly haven't played much of nc1...nc2...nor nc2.1....
drones dont take shit for damage.
they should die in minimal hits because, the body doesn't die... its simple, theres no reason a drone should do equal damage to another weaponclass of the same tl and theres no reason a drone should resist as much (or in this case at a pvp stance) better than a person... with a self heal that is rediculous and infinite capabilities of clipping away.

I guess ignorance really is bliss, you are so wrong on so many things. Try testing things before going off on some rediculous rants on the forums.... I know its a good way to blow off steam from your own pathetic life but come on.

but this is coming from a known exploit killer so *shrug*

Bredahl
17-05-07, 04:44
I guess ignorance really is bliss, you are so wrong on so many things. Try testing things before going off on some rediculous rants on the forums.... I know its a good way to blow off steam from your own pathetic life but come on.

but this is coming from a known exploit killer so *shrug*

You dont PVP much with your drones do you? Well you prob have, and like being invinsible :rolleyes:
Anyways..
Fuck PvE, thats not what most ppl are pissed about, its the PvP - 1: The drones targetbox is VERY small. 2: because of gay netcode your pretty much never able to see the damn thing (before its too late). 3: The armor the drone has is insane (i repeat - fuck pve, this is not what we are talking about).

So we have drones that are nearly impossible to get a aim on (small targetbox/netcode), and WHEN you finnally hits it, you take about 2-5% of its health per shot, oh yea and it can fucking heal itself..

You still cant see that theres something wrong with this..? :rolleyes:

Chuck Norris
17-05-07, 05:14
drones can not shoot and heal at the same time, Netcode is fucked for everyone not just drones. Also while drones are being hit they can not see. I like how everyone just discounts all the facts and goes off on there bullshit tangent.

Dont know wtf your talking about being invisible, but drones can not stealth, If you cant see the drone hitting you its not unlike from someone else shooting you, you can not see...... LAG. Also since this last patch drones sure do take a lot more dmg then 5% per shot.

Just because your ammo mod isnt the best vs a drone doesn't mean they don't have weaknesses in fact just no more then 4 patches ago they made drones excessively weak to poison/fire IE: everyones pvp ammo mods, still people whining like little children.

Also if you are having problems finding a droner's body maybe you should explore the zone a lil more (instead of zone whoring a zone line forever) they are very easy and fast to get around in. Especially with most pvp builds including tons of agi/ath.

People are just blaming the games problems and every other problem they have on drones its getting freaking ridiculous.

NC1 was never this bad at least there some proper fights back then. Not just a bunch or zone whores whining how they are not as explosive as Xclass with Xweapon in there 5sec fight before they zone to talk shit.

DIABLO666
17-05-07, 10:33
Face it chuck your fighting a loosing battle everybody hates drones, and tbh was safunte said is right, you can carry tons of drones but guess what i only have 1 character so please explain why drones should do the same damage to as any other class or why their resist should be so high? and dont spout that bullshit about fuzzy screen cos its impossible to hit a sodding drone with most guns, only ppl who stand a chance are apus and they die way to quickly. i think your just upset that drones might need somthing called *skill* in pve OMG NOOOOOOOOO DRONERS NEEDING SKILL! THE APOCOLYPSE IS COMING!. face if you decided to make a drone cos they dont need any skill thus why they should be weaker.

to be honest i dont understand how KK expects drones to work, they just rnt a class which can ever really be fixed so skill has anything to do with it but it seems to me that because of that they r boostin up drones so they have the same chance (for each drone) as a skilled person of any other class which is stupid. I suggest either making droners as pve class or working out some way so that you actually need skill to use them. And i have tryed a droner btw but i deleted him, way way to easy to pk ppl, and that was b4 these insane boost the droners patches came out.

=REMUS=
17-05-07, 10:38
Your babbleing 666, drones do require skill but currently they are overpowered.. simply increaseing a drones hitbox would fix the problem, plus maybe the droner taking physical damage once a drone goes down so they can't just keep launching them in pvp.

Seraphin[69]
17-05-07, 11:11
My point of view again :

We complained about the strenght of the drone PVP speaking.

A Particle Nemesis is now 10% more resistant than it was.
According to the fact a Particle nemesis was almost unkillable before it's not even more harder to get it. The only effective damage I've seen to shot the drones down is the Silent Hunter (9 or 10 shot to drop one if it doesn't heal) and hitting it 10 times is hard because of netcode + hitbox (the ultra big ion drones are easier to shot at tho).
Its damage is insane on players (even on tanks with hell of a CON). I've already saw 1 ppu + 1 droner dropping 4 tanks with ppu very easily.

A RK1000 drone do insane AOE damage and having 3 RK1000 aoing an UG can be really deadly (more than moonie tanks). And they are very hard to kill aswell.

Now for PVE

The change on drones hitbox from mobs isn't really annoying for the high end droners. All that changed is that we will not be using the "face to face" drone anymore during PVE, but only the AOE drone from a safer place (thx to the 100% drugflash fighting style due to the damage taken).
There's no way a droner can bear with such an epyleptic way of playing.
IMO the way drones took damage from the mobs were just fine. The drones just needed an armor nerf (by 50% at least if not more). That way things would have remained PLAYABLE as a droner.

I wonder if the ones making the patches really do play the game...

Napalm82
17-05-07, 12:30
As a former droner (Who used "Raging Weasel" for PvP since it was bigger and a bit more fair) I have to say that increasing the drones size would solve most problems.

Now the Raging Weasel is a lot bigger than the other drones and thus easier to hit, yes, it might still be hard to kill, but when under constant fire the drone becomes harmless since the droner cant see a thing at all.

So my suggestion is to increase the size of the "Heavier" drones (And dont touch their armor) and keep the current size of the lighter drones (But reducing their armor / HP)

- Napalm

Zheo
17-05-07, 14:40
Anyone else getting more bugs since 165? My client keeps just quitting, no error message nothing it just disappears, or I get stuck in sync for no reason, not zoning or logging in, just say sitting in th. I've had my client crash like six times since 165, and been stuck in sync three times. it's kind of unhelpful

unreal
17-05-07, 15:56
Another patch of small tweaks that leaves most current critical balancing issues as they are, but at least a few of the changes are good. Disappointing. :( Why boost construction and not research? Researching has always too damn slow. Tradeskilling in general has always been too damn slow for that matter, which no doubt adds to the tradeskiller problems we have. Every little helps, even if it's very little. :p

I'm not sure how it can take this long to produce such a small patch while leaving out more critical issues though. Few good changes for drones nonetheless, though I can't test them now I've LOM'd, but I hope drones are still strong in PvP. To everyone bitching about drones in PvP:

Drones other than the Revenge previously tickled you in 2.1, now they don't. If a high level drone flies along you shouldn't expect to destroy a it in just a couple of shots as you were used to (if you're able to see it that is, I too suggested the hitbox should be increased a great deal). All you need to do is hunt the god damn meatsack. It's not difficult.

If you find a droner you'll often be able to kill them before they're able to stealth. But if you don't, big deal, they'll be unstealthed in another spot shortly to launch another drone to try and kill you (no doubt with a Particle Nemesis, as it's the drone of choice). Just find them again, it's not difficult. Droners are probably the most non-zone line whoring "action" you'll get at the moment. :lol:

Hopefully patch 166 might fetch along some PvP related tweaks, however not neccessarily balance related ones. By this I mean trying to counter the reasons that people prefer to zone whore. Perhaps it's time to bring some Neptune changes to the retail servers to try and boost fun PvP? It's not something that takes a lot of effort, and you can easily revert to the previous settings if you dislike the results.

What I hate the most right now is that some effort has gone into balancing (however failed this balancing attempt is right now with the major inbalances affecting us all, thanks to particular weapons - or issues with certain weapon types), yet it pretty much goes to waste because noone wants to leave their zone lines, or die for that matter. Whoring across the same old boring small zone line into a safe zone when you nearly die isn't PvP damnit.

Hacking seems a bit odd too. My rifle Spy with 75 hacking couldn't even hack a -28SL belt. Then I relogged to my Pistol Spy who has 110 or so hacking and the hack was still impossible to win. By which time the owner had returned to loot his belt and quickly ran back into Club Veronique. lol :lol: o_O

Dribble Joy
17-05-07, 17:27
Will have to wait a bit to see how the drone changes affect things. My main concern about them is AoE in PvE (and AoE in general) though, it's just silly.

Bredahl
17-05-07, 19:36
Well Unreal, we arent all spys.. And without a stealth ppl usually die trying to find the droner - the droner see the person running off, and follows him, to either kill the person, of if he gets too close, drops his drone and stealths away :rolleyes:
EDIT..

Selendor
17-05-07, 19:58
A couple of observations - my aoe drones were not taking splash damage from themselves yesterday so I'm not sure how thats supposed to work.

Also, Since 2.2 I have never had an inventory bug, but since the last patch I have had to relog 7 times to get my full inventory showing.

Silverbird
18-05-07, 00:21
Weeelll, since I'M not into PvP the additional armor to drones make them
probably nearly indesctructible, I guess. As far as PvM goes, patch 165
overbalanced in the other direction: in 164, a single drone lasted quite a while.

The increased armor doesn't do much to offset the increased hit-ratio,
in fact, mobs never seem to miss and in some areas, drones appear more
fragile than butterfly wings:

Graves - Still insane - a vehicle with a trunk would be could idea to carry
all the drones you gonna need

Chaos Caves - doable - with a lot of fancy flying

Regants - not much changed there

Firemobs (Canyons) - 2 crass looks from a small reaperspider and 6k's worth
of drone are history - Even more susceptible to fire than they were in 2.1

Rework that again, KK....somwhere between 164 and 165 might be fine...

ancient
18-05-07, 03:49

Keep whining maybe you'll get them nerfed out of the game!

On the other hand nice changes/fixes to CST and fixed epic bugs. Also big thanks for fix on cloning ammo!

Please don't only listen to a few over whiny runners for they may be lacking skills and just want to be powerful while sucking.

if this next bit isn't a whine then i don't know what is O.O

drones can not shoot and heal at the same time, Netcode is fucked for everyone not just drones. Also while drones are being hit they can not see. I like how everyone just discounts all the facts and goes off on there bullshit tangent.

Dont know wtf your talking about being invisible, but drones can not stealth, If you cant see the drone hitting you its not unlike from someone else shooting you, you can not see...... LAG. Also since this last patch drones sure do take a lot more dmg then 5% per shot.

Just because your ammo mod isnt the best vs a drone doesn't mean they don't have weaknesses in fact just no more then 4 patches ago they made drones excessively weak to poison/fire IE: everyones pvp ammo mods, still people whining like little children.

Also if you are having problems finding a droner's body maybe you should explore the zone a lil more (instead of zone whoring a zone line forever) they are very easy and fast to get around in. Especially with most pvp builds including tons of agi/ath.

People are just blaming the games problems and every other problem they have on drones its getting freaking ridiculous.

NC1 was never this bad at least there some proper fights back then. Not just a bunch or zone whores whining how they are not as explosive as Xclass with Xweapon in there 5sec fight before they zone to talk shit.

as for the patch well happy bout the unprotector \ drones still need to be nerfed in pvp dun care bout pvm but i still can do fine droning in caves with the changes little bit harder but still can be done...

Anyone else getting more bugs since 165? My client keeps just quitting, no error message nothing it just disappears, or I get stuck in sync for no reason, not zoning or logging in, just say sitting in th. I've had my client crash like six times since 165, and been stuck in sync three times. it's kind of unhelpful

same thing happens to me as well but i noticed it b4 this patch not sure exactly when but after 2.2 sometime, still needs to be fixed tho i doubt that its posible "shrug" :(

Codrum
18-05-07, 07:16
the drone changes in 165 suck ass in PvM

With the mobs completely raping the drones and from the self damage from AOE, its a pain in the ass to level now.

I agree it was way too easy to level pre165, but now its too hard unless you're LE'd because it seems LE'd drones dont hurt themselves with AOE, but it still hurts a lot.

I havent tried PvP with my drones since 165, but it looks like they are messed up there aswell. Although I dont think raising the resists on drones would affect me if I were on a non-droning character since i never shoot at the drone, I look for the body and kill it. Wouldnt matter to me too much if the drones were indestrucable, unless the droner has exploited himself somewhere so his body cant be hit or found.

Plz try something different with the drones plz KK

SorkZmok
18-05-07, 08:58
the drone changes in 165 suck ass in PvM

With the mobs completely raping the drones and from the self damage from AOE, its a pain in the ass to level now.

I agree it was way too easy to level pre165, but now its too hard unless you're LE'd because it seems LE'd drones dont hurt themselves with AOE, but it still hurts a lot.Basically you're saying "OMG I CANT PARK MY DRONE RIGHT INTO ANY MOBS FACE AND JUST FIRE AWAY UNTIL THE MOB DIES!!1"

I hardly doubt it was ever intended that way. Especially droners soloing the ceres mines and shit without any problems. Can't do that anymore now? Well you're now in line with every other class. Find a team if you want to kill rank 120+ mobs. Like everyone else.

Ground_Round
18-05-07, 09:00
[PSI SUPPORT]

- Fixed a bug that allowed runners to damage vehicle passengers with AoE weapons.

Problem:

Not positive if it affects all vehicles but Quads are not
providing any protection from npc attacks since patch

Characters, if low level, are insta-dead when driving
through any dangerous territory.

The vehicle is not affected and provides no protection. :(

Bredahl
18-05-07, 09:22
Problem:

Not positive if it affects all vehicles but Quads are not
providing any protection from npc attacks since patch

Characters, if low level, are insta-dead when driving
through any dangerous territory.

The vehicle is not affected and provides no protection. :(

IMO thats a good thing, i hate that mobs cant kill ppl in/on open vehicles, to me that just seems silly and VERY unrealistic..

Seraphin[69]
18-05-07, 10:25
Basically you're saying "OMG I CANT PARK MY DRONE RIGHT INTO ANY MOBS FACE AND JUST FIRE AWAY UNTIL THE MOB DIES!!1"

I hardly doubt it was ever intended that way. Especially droners soloing the ceres mines and shit without any problems. Can't do that anymore now? Well you're now in line with every other class. Find a team if you want to kill rank 120+ mobs. Like everyone else.

Well... You can still use RK1000 in Ceres labs and DoY tunnels and MC5...
It's just piss easy.

Problem is you can ONLY use the AOE drones to level now.
Any drone with direct damage (light attack, particle etc...) are just like a level 3 drugflash all the time, rendering you unable to aim for the mob.

I'm glad I leveled my droner before that nerf ! I can use the RK1000 :p

silent000
18-05-07, 12:05
']I'm glad I leveled my droner before that nerf ! I can use the RK1000 :p

I got my PE woc the day before they brought out this patch :cool:

Havoc One
18-05-07, 12:25
As far as Drones are concerned, all I've noticed is the massive nerf at PP1. Mobs shoot through walls and I've even seen something that apears to be DoT Fire (but probably isn't, gotta turn on damage logs again)... When that happens my runner usually dies from "Null"

Invisi Uber Mob FTW!!!eleventy!!1!

Heh, gotta love that.

SorkZmok
18-05-07, 12:50
']Well... You can still use RK1000 in Ceres labs and DoY tunnels and MC5...
It's just piss easy.

Problem is you can ONLY use the AOE drones to level now.
Any drone with direct damage (light attack, particle etc...) are just like a level 3 drugflash all the time, rendering you unable to aim for the mob.

I'm glad I leveled my droner before that nerf ! I can use the RK1000 :p
Even before the patch i only ever used RK drones. Simply because it kills everything faster than any other drone. So no change there.

And i know you can still solo every cave but that's rather because half the time you end up exploiting even if you don't want to and not because KK changed drones. :rolleyes:

Codrum
18-05-07, 13:56
Basically you're saying "OMG I CANT PARK MY DRONE RIGHT INTO ANY MOBS FACE AND JUST FIRE AWAY UNTIL THE MOB DIES!!1"

Thank you SO much for saying what I really meant to say, Im glad you are an expert on interpreting what other people meant to say, other wise i dont think anyone would have really understood what it is I was trying to say! :wtf:

Did I say I wanted it to be easy? I think you even quoted me saying it was too easy pre165.

If you have some vendetta against drones, thats fine, but dont attack my posts and misinterpret them.

Droners being able to solo the woc tunnels doesnt have anything to do with the their aoe damage not hurting themselves, it has to do with a giant exploit/bug that KK cant or wont fix.

Seraphin[69]
18-05-07, 16:15
Even before the patch i only ever used RK drones. Simply because it kills everything faster than any other drone. So no change there.

And i know you can still solo every cave but that's rather because half the time you end up exploiting even if you don't want to and not because KK changed drones. :rolleyes:

Well 2 droners in MC5 or Ceres labs : 1 use AOE to mass damage, the other shot the prototypes/base commander. I insure you they used to drop hell faster that way.

And actually not exploiting with a drone (not taking damage) is now a requirement if you want to keep your mental safety and your eyes. I really CANNOT STAND the blinking screen when taking the damage. KK could even be sued for that I'm pretty sure... I mean I cannot imagine playing let's say 1 hour with a screen that looks like drugflash + malediction shoting (for those who never droned).

Dribble Joy
18-05-07, 16:26
Why boost construction and not research? Researching has always too damn slow.
I think it was due to the relative times for TL.

A tl 96 drug used to take about a minute and a half to cst.

Selendor
19-05-07, 11:53
I'd like to explore something about the Patch with you guys.

When I came back for Nc2.2 I downloaded the full client new on my PC, plus the 6 or so patches. Its been running fine (apart from the usual long syncs and fatals).

However, since applying the last patch I now get the missing inventory / stats bug approx 50% of the time when logging in. I didn't get this bug once before the patch.

This to me is a clear pattern that could be investigated and fixed, given how hard it is to pin down other bugs. Has anyone else experienced this since the patch?

unreal
19-05-07, 13:30
I've experienced it since way before this patch, seemed to have gotten worse since the release of 2.2. I'm usually on my third login attempt before I can login properly. :p

Snedex
23-05-07, 17:25
However, since applying the last patch I now get the missing inventory / stats bug approx 50% of the time when logging in. I didn't get this bug once before the patch.

To be brutally honest, this bug has been around since 2.1 it's nothing new and still nowhere near to being fixed. It's one of those things you'll learn to live with till the devs get round to fixing it :)

Selendor
23-05-07, 20:34
I'm fully aware of the bug, I used to get it sometimes back on my last hard drive with Neocron 2.0 / 2.1. However I'm trying to understand how I could play for weeks without getting it once with 2.2 and then since patch 165 I get it at every logon. There must be a reason for that.

netster
24-05-07, 09:02
since 2.2 every sync makes me to grab a new can of coffee.... still syncing is a pain for me, since i sync 4-10 seconds to every zone. basically thats why i just sit on my traders or my ppus atm. rarely fighting the last 7 days since its fun seeing myself down to 1/4 health or dead on my tank after finished the complete syncing from club veronique into pp1...

basically i see lots of strange stuff, when i log my 2nd account on my notebook... like ... my tank standing at a completly different position, than i see him on my notebook, several times i dont see my ppu (2nd account) from my tanks account... even sometimes the heal from my ppu got a lag of 5 seconds from my ppu on my tank O_o (cast from ppu on my tank).

cannot say for what reason. when i see these bugs, i normally thought of lag, but when i make a ping and get 20ms pings to a german most frequent used inet site (www.heise.de) and my line being idling (16mbit downstream,1mbit upstream), i dont know anymore to say about this stupid stuff.

edit: oh yes, i get more 50/50 bugs since 165patch, but mostly just the first time i login to my account(basically everytime, when i log in the first char on that account after some time...). atm rarely crashing, since i hop more on my traderchars atm.

Snedex
24-05-07, 11:20
I'm fully aware of the bug, I used to get it sometimes back on my last hard drive with Neocron 2.0 / 2.1. However I'm trying to understand how I could play for weeks without getting it once with 2.2 and then since patch 165 I get it at every logon. There must be a reason for that.

I got it all the time playing 2.1 and still get it in 2.2
It could be that there was a netcode change and that has borked something or it could be that a router or switch along the line from you to KK's servers is starting to drop packets due to hardware/software faults causing you to only get half your inventory or items missing.

ArthurDent2k
24-05-07, 15:02
hm.gotta say that for me it works better than 2.0 (had a break since then to 2.2)...no inv bug, no login problems, synching in general works almost every time :D... only thing is the usual blacksynch out of nowhere and...who'd like to be without Fatals ^^

JohnGalt
26-05-07, 01:44
I would love to see a freezer cannon fix. a stun effect/component damage.

Would be a nice wepon for tanks to support another tank working 120/120 mobs.

Sort of a non-ppu damageboost assist for ordinary folks.

Just make it high TL.

Thanku