PDA

View Full Version : Mountable Objects

Nightwing
15-05-07, 02:09
I just started another alt and decided to go the Driver profession route this time. During my Jones quest, I at one point had a model of the Quad in my inventory. I almost did not complete the jones mission.... I wanted to keep that model, I just wish it was mountable like a trophy. I then Asked on the Help channel if anyone else thoughgt the same thing and was suprised that there were others that felt the same way.

This then evolved into a discussion about other possible uses. Perhaps a remote control "race" using these models at Desert Racetrack? etc....

At heart, I am a Collector and am trying to get a complete set of Trophys. Some are much harder than others to get... I just wish there were more trophys in the game and that all of the current trophys were still attainable :(

I know there are a lot of things that KK is working on currently, I just wanted to throw out these as a possible addition to the game that might not take a lot of coding.

Jodo
15-05-07, 03:09
Yeah, I mentioned in a thread a while back that I'd really like to see trophies of most, if not all, vehicles. The ones in the NEXT HQ look cool. I'd also like a Faction Plaque that you receive for completing your epic that you could mount on your wall.

Another idea I mentioned when the Mall was first announced was a shady NPC dealer selling fake trophies that looked similar to the original but was the wrong colour or had a limb or two that had fallen off and was lying on the base.

As for a RC racetrack, there's one for drones in TH that is very rarely used so I don't think it'd really be worth implementing. It'd have some initial interest but I think would just get left after a week.

unreal
15-05-07, 06:11
Would be nice to have more furniture, even if it's re-using content only GM's are able to spawn at current (ie, skulls, and whatnot).

I've always thought having fun PA's that turned your model into something else, but gave no offensive bonuses, like a cardboard box (Metal Gear Solid anyone? :D) would be great fun. Imagine turning into a huge pair of boots to get GM runspeed but sacrifice your resists, rofl. Would be very funny. Cardboard box makes sense to keep in-game at all times, but things like those boots (or furthermore, vehicle models) would be fun for events or theme weeks.

Apocalypsox
15-05-07, 07:47
i always wanted vehicle trophies for my app. Would be so cool to have a speedbike setting in the middle of a room.

naimex
15-05-07, 10:19
just make all items ingame placeable as objects.

so if you wanna take a cursed soul and hang on the wall, yuo build a cursed soul, and hang it on the wall, with some feature on it saying, "switch mode" and then you can make it either an object or an item.

objects being placeable.
items being useable.

so you could make candyland out of milky rens, or put weapons on the wall saying:

Artifact Enlarged Rapid Enhanced Ultimated Fire Dildo of Maven built by Assman

and if anyone tried to pick it up, it would just say "only available to owner of apartment" as if it was a 0 space cabinet.

William Antrim
15-05-07, 11:03
More trophies sounds awesome. I love the Copbot one. Id like to see more of the larger "action" ones as the little ones are ok but i want to see Grim chasers fighting wolves and stuff, or perhaps one of a deceased runner lying dead at a Chasers feet or something.

On the subject - I've only ever collected firemob trophies, I presume combat rank affects trophies dropping? is this correct? Ie if ive got combat rank 50+ theres no way ill see a swamp warrior trophy due to the loot tables etc.

naimex
15-05-07, 11:15
More trophies sounds awesome. I love the Copbot one. Id like to see more of the larger "action" ones as the little ones are ok but i want to see Grim chasers fighting wolves and stuff, or perhaps one of a deceased runner lying dead at a Chasers feet or something.

On the subject - I've only ever collected firemob trophies, I presume combat rank affects trophies dropping? is this correct? Ie if ive got combat rank 50+ theres no way ill see a swamp warrior trophy due to the loot tables etc.

thats what ive been told too.

and for some reason my combat rank has 2 settings.

"0/xx" / or "xx/xx" ***

so either i can fist a million of every type of mob, to attempt to get a drop, or i wont have any chance at all.

simply can't lower rank no matter what, except if it bugs down to 0

William Antrim
15-05-07, 11:29
so either i can fist a million of every type of mob

Can I get THAT as a trophy perhaps! 8| :lol:

nellus
15-05-07, 13:15
even with a high rank you can trophy hunt, you just need to drop your combat rank, there are 2 ways i know of, use a vehichle combat chain is good or swap to a lower level weapon get rid of all your high level ones in a cupboard or gogo (you may need to zone a few times before it drops) Easiest way to know if you have dropped your rank low enough is almost all trophy dropping mobs will drop 5 pieces of junk when they die, if your not getting 5 then your too high.

Be warned though most take a long time hunting before they drop a carcass or remains (unless your a lucky bastard)

ashley watts
15-05-07, 17:27
A faction Complete epic plaque would be Very nice :p

Apocalypsox
16-05-07, 00:29
Artifact Enlarged Rapid Enhanced Ultimated Fire Dildo of Maven built by Assman

LMFAO thats brilliant

Dribble Joy
16-05-07, 01:04
I wanna mount my judge collection :p.

Doc Holliday
16-05-07, 01:19
I wanna mount my judge collection :p.

That brings some very twisted images to ones mind :)

Nightwing
16-05-07, 01:32
For mounting objects on the wall, Perhaps KK could design "Hooks" that can be purchased and placed on the wall where you want to mount an object. These hooks would effectively be one slot cabinets that display the object that is placed inside.

This brings to mind a lot of possible applications... Floor Hooks, mount a key in them and they display the vehicle etc...

I don't think there would be too much artwork coding since the models already exist in their "displayed" form, its just making an object that can be mounted to the wall instead of the floor might (depending on how they set up the code originally) cause some difficulty.

As for mounting a Judge Collection, That would only be one of the possibilities.

Jodo
16-05-07, 05:31
That brings some very twisted images to ones mind :)

lol, There's loving your weapon and there's luurving you weapon. The second is very wrong.

ashley watts
16-05-07, 21:19
lol, There's loving your weapon and there's luurving you weapon. The second is very wrong.

Depends what weapon :p

Jodo
16-05-07, 21:41
Depends what weapon :p

I've come to expect this kind of thing from you tbh. :p